Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223384 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 1

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#84968 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Lets start under this context, the world historically was with one language, true or false?
false

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#84969 Apr 5, 2013
And we must never, ever question the scientists motives, logic, or "observations". We MUST accept and obey!

NEVER ever just accept and obey!

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#84970 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text> law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/jesus/n...
Jesus, however, is variously portrayed in these writings as a troublemaker (Tacitus),... suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our ... Christian scribes edited the writings of Josephus, probably adding ...
again, i said written at the time your Jesus proportedly walked the Earth, not 100 years later

Histories (Latin: Historiae) is a book by Tacitus, written c. 100110, which covers the Year of Four Emperors

Josephus not only wrote about Jesus decades after he was said to have existed, while living in Rome, but you miss the context entirely. H e only references Jesus in stories about James, and John the Baptist

would you think that if this jesus character was all that important, he would have wrote something SPECIFICALLY ABOUT HIM???

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84971 Apr 5, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument is "scientists say it", so we must all accept it as truth from the pristine, well meaning, perfect, all knowing "scientists"
no, that is not how science works. in fact it is the opposite, everything is up for peer review and rigorous examination.

you shouldn't talk of a field of study you clearly do not understand...

Level 1

Elmont, Long Island NY

#84972 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then you must be dreaming, because there are alot of evidence, one of them is death and the universe itself.
Geesh Louise, pray tell, do tell me exactly how death provides evidence of a god, any god?

how does the universe provide evidence of a god?

maybe because I'm an engineer and have always been curious about how things work, who is into amateur astronomy but I haven't seen any evidence of a god in the universe
Bigfoot

United States

#84973 Apr 5, 2013
Adam was created from dust, god gave him breath, and Eve came from Adams' rib. Where all imbreeds.

There's a big bang, everything is dead and we evolved from dead matter.

This could be confusing.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#84974 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, people did right of him at the time of his life! and none of them attributed anything remotely god-like or prophetic to him. he was used as a media sounbyte. a bad commercial, really...
Oh, sounds like your cult has been lying to you , again woody. Right or write, silly boy.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#84975 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, the baboons are not hominids and they have never developed speech.
Which is why you only type, woody.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#84976 Apr 5, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Halleluyah!
God bless you.
Thank you, it's interesting how the atheists squirm and wiggle when they cannot deny the Son of God. Writings produced regarding Christ two-thousand years ago have solidified God's standing, regardless of their pathetic sheep/goat herder theories. The dead sea scrolls were written long before that. It must be the reason why God and His Son have endured, they ARE REAL and will continue on long after the childish warblings of these atheists are silenced.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#84977 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your just jealous that I am semi-retired before I'm 50...
i thought you said I was a civil servant? why would I be on the dole if I were a civil servant?
you can't even keep you own lies straight. classic cult mentality..classic.
Jealous that you are semi-retarded, not bloody likely.....

St. Croix valley

#84978 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous that you are semi-retarded, not bloody likely....
Caught out in you own lie and all you can do is hurl third grade level insults...figures.

it must be embarrassing to look like that much of a fool...i guess you are used to it by now...
CBOW

Dover, PA

#84979 Apr 5, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
again, i said written at the time your Jesus proportedly walked the Earth, not 100 years later
Histories (Latin: Historiae) is a book by Tacitus, written c. 100110, which covers the Year of Four Emperors
Josephus not only wrote about Jesus decades after he was said to have existed, while living in Rome, but you miss the context entirely. H e only references Jesus in stories about James, and John the Baptist
would you think that if this jesus character was all that important, he would have wrote something SPECIFICALLY ABOUT HIM???
There were written documents by those living at the time of Jesus. The new testament is full of those writings. By individuals described by Tacitus. Maybe Tacitus was a fraud and was writing fiction about fictional characters to entertain Tiberius. LOL!

St. Croix valley

#84980 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, it's interesting how the atheists squirm and wiggle when they cannot deny the Son of God. Writings produced regarding Christ two-thousand years ago have solidified God's standing, regardless of their pathetic sheep/goat herder theories. The dead sea scrolls were written long before that. It must be the reason why God and His Son have endured, they ARE REAL and will continue on long after the childish warblings of these atheists are silenced.
in fact, that myth you worship has been proven to be just a rehash of previous cult saviors...not even an original myth.

the other god you worship has been proven to be false also...

cult members can deny the reality in front of their faces...so sad.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#84981 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Caught out in you own lie and all you can do is hurl third grade level insults...figures.
it must be embarrassing to look like that much of a fool...i guess you are used to it by now...
You would know, woody. It's your claim to fame....how's those cuts in benies working out so far?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#84982 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, that is not how science works. in fact it is the opposite, everything is up for peer review and rigorous examination.
you shouldn't talk of a field of study you clearly do not understand...
Review and rigorous examination? LOLOLOLOL! Thick as thieves. All of them in the same field of study would debunk the others' observations and findings. Yeah right? Your cult has you brain washed, woody.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#84983 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, that myth you worship has been proven to be just a rehash of previous cult saviors...not even an original myth.
the other god you worship has been proven to be false also...
cult members can deny the reality in front of their faces...so sad.
Blah blah blah, same old regurgitated rhetoric, woody. Get some new material. Your cult has lied to you, woody. God existed in past cultures like the ancient Sumarians, just as He exists now in ours; and will long after you and I are dust.

St. Croix valley

#84984 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You would know, woody. It's your claim to fame....how's those cuts in benies working out so far?
Actually, i got a raise and the company i work for got us dental insurance, so the benies i earn increased. and even though I am a seasonal worker, they cover all my health insurance and dental for the whole year! the private sector is great!

St. Croix valley

#84985 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah, same old regurgitated rhetoric, woody. Get some new material. Your cult has lied to you, woody. God existed in past cultures like the ancient Sumarians, just as He exists now in ours; and will long after you and I are dust.
so every god ever invented by humans exists, just because people believed in them? sure, pal, sure...

St. Croix valley

#84986 Apr 5, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Review and rigorous examination? LOLOLOLOL! Thick as thieves. All of them in the same field of study would debunk the others' observations and findings. Yeah right? Your cult has you brain washed, woody.
it actually happens all the time. if you were able to look at the real world objectively , you would know this...
CBOW

Dover, PA

#84987 Apr 5, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> Actually, i got a raise and the company i work for got us dental insurance, so the benies i earn increased. and even though I am a seasonal worker, they cover all my health insurance and dental for the whole year! the private sector is great!
U...huh. You're so funny woody. You ain't foolin' nobody. Seasonal worker, is that what they call collecting SSI now? Interesting.......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min Crazy Jae 231,407
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 10 min Judy 123 3,973
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 13 min Judy 123 7,734
Type the word Cat 25 min North Mountain 333
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 37 min Judy 123 25,398
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 40 min Judy 123 62,895
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 49 min Alyssa76 151,873
The Human Evolution 5 hr xxxooxxx 46