Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201786 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#84604 Apr 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then you are a firm hater of the word, " truth ".
You didn’t capitalise the T in truth, is that not what christians to top indicate a lie based on faith?

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84605 Apr 4, 2013
I WILL ENTERTAIN YOUR INFERIOR COMPLEX IN HOPE YOU WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK! You choose to be an inferior complex BY THE CHOICE you make by choosing to reject (ABSOLUTES) a SUPERIOR COMPLEX because the <<<<<OPPOSITE >>>> of SUPREME (ABSOLUTE) is inferior.

You claim the inferior complex in your thinking by rejecting ABSOLUTES in your thinking and this is a self-evident truth validated by applying the “opposite” principle to SUPREME which is inferior.

WHAT I JUST STATED ABOVE APPLIES UNIVERSALLY TO ALL YOU WHO REJECT ABSOLUTE TRUTH IN YOUR THINKING. YOU ALL HAVE CHOICES TO BE WHAT YOU WANT SO CHOOSE WISELY PEOPLE! DROP YOUR EGOES, SELF-CENTERED THINKING AND PREJUDICE VIEWS and change your way of thinking or by your own choice remain an inferior complex.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as an opposite species. I am no more "opposite" to a shark than I am a dog or an acorn.
You need to listen to yourself! I will explain this to you again gladly. If you and a shark was not the “opposite” biological reproductive species that is able to produce fertile off-spring of both sexes then by the way you are thinking then you and a shark should be able to produce fertile off-spring of both sexes! THIS IS NOT THE CASE WHICH SCIENTIFICALLY CONCLUDES WITH EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG when you say you and a shark is not opposite biological reproductive species!

Theory of evolution on the origin of species as not being FIXED = pseudo (false) science and this is an absolute truth!

Level 6

#84606 Apr 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>No signing ape to this day has ever asked a question.
http://evolutionaryanthropology.duke.edu/rese...
I believe it was Washou who asked where his kitten was after it had passed on

Kanzi and Panbanisha, often asked to be taken for a walk or a particular food or drink.

These are questions, they may not be profound questions but they are what matters to an ape.

Level 6

#84607 Apr 4, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Christine is constantly declaring his/her fantasies as if they were based on facts.
Hey butt brain

Ever heard of the Great Ape Trust? https://en-gb.facebook.com/GreatApeTrust

Ever heard of Kanzi?

Ever heard of KoKo?

Ever heard of Panbanisha?

Ever heard of Chantek?

Ever heard of Viki?

So what fooking fantasy are you using your ignorance to refer to?

May I suggest you educate yourself before sticking your fingers in top gear and your brain in neutral?
FREE SERVANT
#84608 Apr 4, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>No signing ape to this day has ever asked a question.
http://evolutionaryanthropology.duke.edu/rese...
Many dogs can say "I LOVE YOU" and they say yes as "UNH HUH". Animals know about family love.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#84609 Apr 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In addition to what i said, you are one sided, Theist and Atheist, do really have some points, but the so called free thinkings( free thinkers), have made Atheist to reason upside down, how can a full grown man evolved from a worm? Irrationality in the highest order.
No, you silly pillock.

You've got it bass-ackwards again.

You maintain that there's a deity.

I await evidence.

Level 6

#84610 Apr 4, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Many dogs can say "I LOVE YOU" and they say yes as "UNH HUH". Animals know about family love.
And my cats will search me out and entice me to do things they are unable to do themselves such as fill their food bowls or walk in the garden with them. Showing that you don’t need to speak to ask a question.

Professor Joseph Jordania suggests that questions can be asked without the use of syntactic structures.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#84611 Apr 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What is Menopause, Mr. Carrot?
I say this with no hyperbole - I have had more fulfilling conversations with chatbots than with you, charles.

Level 3

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#84612 Apr 4, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
I WILL ENTERTAIN YOUR INFERIOR COMPLEX IN HOPE YOU WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK! You choose to be an inferior complex BY THE CHOICE you make by choosing to reject (ABSOLUTES) a SUPERIOR COMPLEX because the <<<<<OPPOSITE >>>> of SUPREME (ABSOLUTE) is inferior.
You claim the inferior complex in your thinking by rejecting ABSOLUTES in your thinking and this is a self-evident truth validated by applying the “opposite” principle to SUPREME which is inferior.
WHAT I JUST STATED ABOVE APPLIES UNIVERSALLY TO ALL YOU WHO REJECT ABSOLUTE TRUTH IN YOUR THINKING. YOU ALL HAVE CHOICES TO BE WHAT YOU WANT SO CHOOSE WISELY PEOPLE! DROP YOUR EGOES, SELF-CENTERED THINKING AND PREJUDICE VIEWS and change your way of thinking or by your own choice remain an inferior complex.
<quoted text>
You need to listen to yourself! I will explain this to you again gladly. If you and a shark was not the “opposite” biological reproductive species that is able to produce fertile off-spring of both sexes then by the way you are thinking then you and a shark should be able to produce fertile off-spring of both sexes! THIS IS NOT THE CASE WHICH SCIENTIFICALLY CONCLUDES WITH EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG when you say you and a shark is not opposite biological reproductive species!
Theory of evolution on the origin of species as not being FIXED = pseudo (false) science and this is an absolute truth!
Hilarious. Of note - thinking in dichotomies may be a symptom of mental illness! Food for thought.

Level 6

#84613 Apr 4, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No!
This has been on for long, if truly the Almighty God according to you guys, " Atheist ", is un-real, you all can not conclusively in-validate his existence, hence the subject matter Atheist and Theist.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> In addition to what i said, you are one sided, Theist and Atheist, do really have some points, but the so called free thinkings( free thinkers), have made Atheist to reason upside down, how can a full grown man evolved from a worm? Irrationality in the highest order.
Total Charles garbage. The default state of humanity is atheism, a person is born not believing in a god, belief in a god, any god, depending on where you were born and who your parents are is an indoctrinated behaviour.

You are the one who is abnormal, you differ from the default state.

P.S. again E=MC^2 shows that the god described in KJV Revelation 19:6 cannot exists in this universe.

P.P.S You said it yourself,“evolved”(I think you meant ‘evolve’ but never mind) Just because you do not understand evolution does not mean that evolution does not happen, all it means is that you don’t understand.
FREE SERVANT
#84614 Apr 4, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And my cats will search me out and entice me to do things they are unable to do themselves such as fill their food bowls or walk in the garden with them. Showing that you don&#8217;t need to speak to ask a question.
Professor Joseph Jordania suggests that questions can be asked without the use of syntactic structures.
Cats also know what you are saying, when you say I LOVE YOU.
FREE SERVANT
#84615 Apr 4, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No, you silly pillock.
You've got it bass-ackwards again.
You maintain that there's a deity.
I await evidence.
Would you be stirred up emotionally to learn that there really is a Creator, or would you just try to find a set of circumstances that make it possible to act out agression towards him?

Level 3

Planet Earth

#84616 Apr 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Hilarious. Of note - thinking in dichotomies may be a symptom of mental illness! Food for thought.
You are exactly right and absolute truth thinkers must know this is a false statement “mental illness” for someone who thinks absolute truths, because in todays flawed way of thinking in the scientific field and society if you don’t think like the majority of the citizens or have a low I.Q. which is not based on absolute truth, you are falsely labeled as having a mental illness because of the choices you make which originates from ones thinking of accepting are rejecting absolute truths. These pseudo-labels are obstacles the absolute truth seeker must overcome when it comes to thinking differently from the majority (non-absolute truth thinkers).

Good post!

Level 3

Planet Earth

#84617 Apr 4, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Hilarious. Of note - thinking in dichotomies may be a symptom of mental illness! Food for thought.
Of noee back at ya! Psychology is a form of controllong by laveling people delusional for thinking in absolute truth, the absolute truth is the very opposite because those who do not think in absolute truths or the ones who are delusional because their thinking is broken (rejecting absolute truth from reality.(absolute truth).

Level 3

Planet Earth

#84618 Apr 4, 2013
CORRECTION!

Of note back at ya! Psychology is a form of controlling by labeling people delusional for thinking in absolute truth, the absolute truth is the very opposite because those who do not think in absolute truths or the ones who are delusional because their thinking is broken (rejecting absolute truth from reality(Absolute truth)!

I would advise all absolute truth seekers to stay away from those who are out to control your thinking with drugs because drugs don’t control your thinking “ability to choose” the individual does.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#84619 Apr 4, 2013
TIP TO ABSOLUTE TRUTH SEEKERS!

Schools don’t teach absolute truths, they instead give you the tools and knowledge to discover them and this is a choice each and every individual has to make on his/her own, because schools don’t make choices for you, the individual does!

This is a self-evident truth validated with empirical evidence because every human being on planet earth has the innate biological mechanism called “the ability to choose” and this is an absolute truth and foundation to the scientific moral law!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84620 Apr 4, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
"The Earth ain't flat."
You've not seen North Dakota!
Who cares? Bet you a million bucks the Earth ain't flat.
Mary Magdalena wrote:
"And there was no global flood"
Oh you missed that part in the Bible?
Here I'll help you........
No need, I caught that bit. It's still BS.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84621 Apr 4, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute truth is not a matter of opinion it's just the way it is rather you accept it or not.
And if you paid attention I never denied absolute truth. I merely pointed out that you have no idea what it is. Hence why you are not God, and hence why your entire premise is flawed.

Of course we both already know this, which is why you avoided addressing my actual posts in favour of demanding we take your baseless philosophical claims seriously. Great thing about reality is that reality is still real even when you think otherwise.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84622 Apr 4, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Yeap I sure did and the universal definition for religion is not founded and restricted to the word GOD because you have religions that don’t believe in GOD and Buddha is one of thhe few!
You need to know the universal definition for what a religion is.
No I don't. Reality doesn't care.
Infinite Force wrote:
Second and last, absolute truth is not a religious concept, occult, idea etc…
Hence, GOD is an absolute truth!
Not necessarily. "God" might not even exist. Other than an abstract concept in people's heads that is.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84623 Apr 4, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
You're not familiar with the concept of irony, are ya Curtis?
Infinite Force wrote:
No, you are simply misuing/misunderstanding the concept of the word "opposite". Opposites is about two subjects being diametrically opposed, like a mirror one could say. Male & female, fat and thin, sharp and blunt, light and dark. I can't be "opposite" to a shark because I am also different to every other non-human species. Therefore I am no more opposite to a shark than I am to a dog.
Infinite Force wrote:
Species are not fixed, period. This is emprically observed. Your "absolute truth" violates your own "law" of non-contradiction. Also since you are not God you do not have access to absolute truth.

See, there's fail. Then there's Epic Fail. Then there's CURTIS FAIL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min Northbound 18,531
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 19 min Northbound 58,239
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 32 min Northbound 194,814
2words into 2new words (May '12) 42 min Dont_You_Dare 2,946
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 55 min Princess Hey 146,105
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 56 min Princess Hey 3,555
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 59 min Princess Hey 13,824
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 hr Lucy the First 7,901
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 3 hr Northbound 8,540
More from around the web