Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216917 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Elohim

Branford, CT

#84491 Apr 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Foul!
Leave professionals out of this.
Answer the question. Show me where in Mainland Europe, English are spoken as first or official language? Waiting!
Why are you so obsessed with this crap? No one cares.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84492 Apr 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So the professionals are wrong and you are right? Don’t talk utter bollocks all your life, take a day off.
“are never the same”–“unique”? See below
<quoted text>
There are over 4000 words of French that the English have taken and spell identically with exactly the same meaning. Here are some you know
absent, action, danger, fruit, nation, parking, police, sabotage, train.
There I bet you never realised you were intelligent enough to know some French
Also there are over 10,000 words in French that are spelled similar with the same meaning as English. Your idiotic shout to show you “one trace” is blown out of the water with about 12% of the most commonly used English words being taken directly from and spelled the same or similar to the French
To embarrass you a little but more, a similar situation applies for German, at least 300 words are identical, and a couple of thousand similar.
Addition, aluminium (European spelling), definition, detail, idiot, radius (see latin below), religion, testament and of course one of your favourite words “god” is of 6th century German origin.
Similar for Latin
Acerbic, caper, color, deus, femina, finis, homo, opus, pollen, radius, sinister, terminus, various.
All Latin words and I am sure there are some that you can instantly recognise although a few are spelled slightly differently.
And similar for Greek but the alphabet makes it a bit more difficult for you to comprehend, here’s a few using Latin script
amphoreus, neuron, pathos
Take a speaker of medieval English to Holland or Denmark and find speaker of the medieval dialect for that country, the conversation would be for the most part seamless. This has been done several times I have seen 3 TV programmes based in this fact.
It really is time you got of this English is English hobby horse of yours, every time you are disproved you go around back to the beginning hoping for a different answer.
Again, this is stupid. Does that makes English to be French, Latin, German, Greek and what have you?
English despite its many influences is unique to England.
And again, all languages has one or more influences.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84493 Apr 3, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>You sure don't sound like you want to be democratic. You hit people over the head with your religious dogma every chance you get. You can't get over your obsession with declaring English a concept owned by England and you seem to have some twisted philosophy about England being a superior race "entitled" to rule over others by virtue of God's will.
As I have heard, that kind of slop is what created the modern American democracy to begin with.
Just simply give SOME kind of evidence worth considering, or go home already. I'm not here to help you test your faith. If you want to go after those liberals, do it on a political forum.
Pierre or what ever your name is, i am not saying this, based on political reasons, but based on the truth.
The English are not superior to any race, we are all equal before the Almighty( creator).

Level 2

Location hidden

#84494 Apr 3, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop pising all over the thread!
Bong, is that the translation?
Piggie, get some clues about French language.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84495 Apr 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Pierre or what ever your name is, i am not saying this, based on political reasons, but based on the truth.
The English are not superior to any race, we are all equal before the Almighty( creator).
except the ones that can be enslaved and homosexuals or any of the other people that you can kill in god's name...except for them. other than that you're all pretty equal. some more equal than others, but pretty much equal overall...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84496 Apr 3, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you so obsessed with this crap? No one cares.
cult mentality...

Level 2

Location hidden

#84497 Apr 3, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you so obsessed with this crap? No one cares.
So, are you Christy?
The truth must be spoken all the time, despite its bitter taste.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#84498 Apr 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, are you Christy?
No one cares Chuckie. Don't you understand people are only answering your obsessive rubbish to laugh at you?
Elohim

Branford, CT

#84499 Apr 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
I am who I am.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#84500 Apr 3, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't apes ask questions?
They do

Level 6

#84501 Apr 3, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
They do.
In fact I remember one asking where his kitteh was.
It passed away.
:-(
I remember that, very sad, I believe it was Washoe

Level 6

#84502 Apr 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Foul!
Leave professionals out of this.
Answer the question. Show me where in Mainland Europe, English are spoken as first or official language? Waiting!
Your question was quote - Did those language that influenced English similar to English, yes or no? No!– endquote so you lying and changing the goalposts only makes you look more stupid.

I have shown you just a small percentage of where the languages are similar and in some instance the exact same – e.g.

absent, action, danger, fruit, nation, parking, police, sabotage, train. God, addition, aluminium, definition, detail, idiot, radius, religion, testament, Acerbic, caper, color, deus, femina, finis, homo, opus, pollen, radius, sinister, terminus, various, amphoreus, neuron, pathos

But in your typical ignorant way you ignored it and shouted foul

So what do I shout in return,

You are a LYING moron but what can we expect form one who lies for his god without even thinking about it?

Level 6

#84503 Apr 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Again, this is stupid. Does that makes English to be French, Latin, German, Greek and what have you?
English despite its many influences is unique to England.
And again, all languages has one or more influences.
I have just shown you how unique the English language is NOT.

I listed just a few of the MANY THOUSANDS of words that are the same or similar

And in the past I have posted you links from several different sources on the history of the English language and of course you ignored them.

Time for you to man up and admit your error.

Level 6

#84504 Apr 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
You would not know the truth if it sat on your face and farted

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#84505 Apr 3, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You would not know the truth if it sat on your face and farted
Now there's an image. Thanks, Christine.

Lunch anyone?

Level 2

Location hidden

#84506 Apr 3, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>except the ones that can be enslaved and homosexuals or any of the other people that you can kill in god's name...except for them. other than that you're all pretty equal. some more equal than others, but pretty much equal overall...
Your hatred of God, his faith and word will never justify( ies) your end.
If any evil doers repent, God will never punish or forsake them.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84507 Apr 3, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>No one cares Chuckie. Don't you understand people are only answering your obsessive rubbish to laugh at you?
No hoot.
Why are you replying? If you don't mind, then back off.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84508 Apr 3, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Divergence to an opposite species
There's no such thing as an opposite species. I am no more "opposite" to a shark than I am a dog or an acorn.
Infinite Force wrote:
is a violation of the law of non-contradiction.
Since your premise is flawed this now makes no sense.
Infinite Force wrote:
ALL biological species are opposites and they ALWAYS been.
No, the opposite of male is female. Yet there are also females of my species. You are simply using the word "opposite" wrongy. If you can't even grasp basic English (and you can't) then you have no chance in grasping even basic science.
Infinite Force wrote:
Absolutes don’t change/diverge to opposite species.
First, there is no "opposite" species. Second, species are not absolute. This is scientifically observed. Claiming they are absolute violates your "law" of non-contradiction.
Infinite Force wrote:
This is a philosophical issue that science has to deal with because the current one is flawed and the other is not.
The philosophical issues are yours. Science doesn't care what philosophy has to say is it relies on the practical, not the philosophical.
Infinite Force wrote:
You have your scientific method using Karl Popper view on logic.
No, the scientific method relies on methodological naturalism, not Popper's philosophies. Remember also Popper rejected evolution as philosophy at first, until eventually he realised it worked on a practical level.
Infinite Force wrote:
VS. My scientific method uses Aristotle view on logic called the law of non-contradiction.
Aristotelian thinking is WELL over a millenia out of date. This is how out of date you are. That kind of logic led to the proposition of heavier objects falling faster than lighter ones. That "law" was violated by empirical testing. As was the "law" of gravity. As was your "law" of "absolute" species. Reality simply contradicts those assertions.
Infinite Force wrote:
This argument has nothing to do with who interpretation of physical data is wrong, it’s about which method of logic is correct BECAUSE ONE IS WRONG. Basically, all the evidence you present is dis-qualified because of a flawed logic method you use to interpret data.
This is projection on your part since I can verify my position via actual data based on reality.
Infinite Force wrote:
Thanks for the questions thou because I’m getting more precise on explaining the problem science has now. So a lot of credit goes to you also for my gain in understanding.
Your problem is not so much your "law of contradiction", which sounds fine in principle. But your assumption of "absolute species" is plain and simply against reality. So evolution itself does not violate your rule of non-contradiction, it only violates your assumption of absolute species. It is therefore your claim of absolute species which violates your rule of non-contradiction. Therefore according to your own rules, your claims can be dismissed for not bearing up to reality.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84509 Apr 3, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>I am who I am.
Then back off, if you don't mind.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#84510 Apr 3, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your hatred of God, his faith and word will never justify( ies) your end.
If any evil doers repent, God will never punish or forsake them.
Can anyone translate this into the Queen's English?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 min KNIGHT DeVINE 22,229
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 5 min Princess Hey 148,483
The letter E (Jun '13) 6 min KNIGHT DeVINE 1,280
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 11 min KNIGHT DeVINE 40,876
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 13 min KNIGHT DeVINE 2,458
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 16 min KNIGHT DeVINE 1,730
2words into 2new words (May '12) 19 min Mr_FX 6,864
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 50 min 8541 MARINE 67,264
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr -ZAMASU- 207,200
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr -ZAMASU- 10,647