Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222738 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84378 Apr 2, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about it. My cousins live in rural Minnesota (100 mi west of Minneapolis). Even our same, identically spelled last name is pronounced differently up there due to Nordic/Germanic influences.
Oh Cripes! That's the gosh-honest truth right there then...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84379 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>perhaps you don't know what the word "roots" that you used means, Chaz?
Then i will conclusively say, you are completely out of your mind.
The English influenced many nations including yours.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84380 Apr 2, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
("Bobby"?) I have no problem with the language known as "English" originating in England. But SINCE originating there, the language has continued to change as time has passed.
You know.....it has "EVOLVED".
(...and England has never OWNED English.)
The language belongs to them? Yes!
By what measures? By origination, because anything English must have one or more connections with England.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84382 Apr 2, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You and your 'law' are full of sh!t. We know the science is right and you have no way of disproving what I have presented to you because it IS true.
The most significant chapters of the Bible, the ones that define and promulgate the Christian God, are Provably wrong/untrue.
You can argue all you want about small details of DNA science, archaeology, creationists pseudo-science, day-age theory, law of 'this or that', etc., etc. and it doesn't matter because the creationists foundational stories are provably myths.
We know and can prove that the earth was NOT created by a floaty thing in the sky, that mankind was NOT created on the 'sixth day' of 'creation, that there was NOT a world-wide flood, or a floaty thing causing mankind to split their language, NO exodus occurred and Joshua did not destroy all those towns.
These things are basically proven by science and I think the most important ones are; there was no Adam and Eve, and there was no Exodus.
I defy you to present proof of that Adam and Eve were real and that the Exodus was a real event....or any of the other stuff above.
I accept and speak in absolute truths and validate it as self-evident truths (undeniable) supported with empirical evidence.
In other words, I am not religious and I support no documented religions, philosophical views and scientific INDIVIVIDUAL statements that are not validated as an absolute truth. Your scientific method is not qualified to deal with my scientific method and discoveries of absolute truths found in reality because the existence of reality is not falsifiable by your scientific method because all there is in reality is absolute truths because reality its self is an absolute truth. THIS IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO KNOW AND UNDERTAND WHY WE WILL NEVER AGREE WHEN WE ARE INVESTIGATING SCIENTIFIC ISSUES!

Now...do you want to rephrase a different question to me that is not based on reality (absolute truth) because this is all your scientific method can speak on!

Level 2

Location hidden

#84383 Apr 2, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep wasting everyone's time with sweeping statements that have no scientific logic applied to them. It doesn't matter if "English" comes from "England". From a scientific perspective, "English" is a moving target that was labelled "English" for no more reason than we are labelled "Caucasians" even though most of us have no relationship to the "Caucasus" mountains.
We don't need your invented logic anymore than we need your invented biblical "facts". You really just won't stop being hard headed, will you?
A question. Why are you hard headed?

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#84384 Apr 2, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Why would English be different?
Other languages maintains standard from their sources.
Whether Webster, Oxford, Cambridge, online, etc, English is English and it started in England.
Been here before and what can I say? You totally ignored the facts then, seems to be one of you failings.

English STARTED in northern Europe, with a little Latin and French thrown in.

Like all languages it evolved and is still evolving today. The fact that much of that evolution happened in England makes no difference to the fact that as a language it did not start in England

Here is Meriam-Websters short history,
http://www.merriam-webster.com/help/faq/histo...
Note the –“The earliest period begins with the migration of certain Germanic tribes from the continent to Britain in the fifth century A.D.”

Also notice the influence of –“Latin, Old Norse (the language of the Viking invaders), and especially the Anglo-Norman French”

Now I know for certain that Meriam-Webster knows a bit more about the history of the English language than you do.

St. Croix valley

#84385 Apr 2, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Then i will conclusively say, you are completely out of your mind.
The English influenced many nations including yours.
What does that have to do with your incorrect use of the term 'the roots of the English langauge'?

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84386 Apr 2, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you think Gods or Goddesses would love to walk on the face of the Earth to experience life? In Buddhism, they can achieve this and become God incarnates. And many of us who are aware will fight for it, and will be claiming their place even to the extent of waging wars against each other. But others will just be unaware or unwilling. Maybe it's not this time right now. To me, it might be the last.
Very true “statement” proposed by the religion Buddha. Let’s define what a GOD or GODDESS is first before I comment in depth on your statements.

GOD or GODDESSES are supreme (absolute) being(s). To claim the title of supreme in the reality we live in you must be an individual that accepts, knows and speak in only absolute (supreme) truths. This is what gives you the supreme being(s) title because an absolute is what supreme is.

The absolute truth is the only SUPREME thing there is because it cannot be destroyed, dis-proven and it will always exist.
I /all humans have the birth right to claim their self a GOD or GODDESS because only they can choose to accept, speak and up-hold absolute truth. This is a vow I made because I love what I am and that is an absolute truth seeker.

You have the choice to be a GODDESS or not. Just remember what you have to do to claim the supreme title and it has nothing to do with controlling people.

Everyone wants to claim the supreme title (GOD or GODDESS) like you said. What little do they know supreme beings know that having this title is not about controlling/ruling people and I know this as a supreme being because the absolute truth I am, up-hold, speak and know will never take away an absolute quality you have as a birth-right called “The ability to choose”. IT’S ALL ABOUT THE CHOICE YOU MAKE to claim that supreme title and no-body can do that for you but your- self.

Remember a supreme being(s)/ GOD OR GODDESS control or rules “NO ONE”.

I know I am supreme and I know my understanding have no boundaries are limits (infinite) and I can prove this as an absolute truth. This is what people want and they fail to realize they all can have it and say the same things I say if they build their understanding on absolute truths and they will learn for themselves being a supreme being or calling yourself a GOD OR GODDESS have nothing to do with ruling over people and telling them what they can and can’t do by physical or coercive force!
Now that we clarified what a GOD or GODDESS is I encourage you not to let it be the last thing you want to call yourself.

People have the wrong idea on what a GOD or GODDESS!

Level 2

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#84387 Apr 2, 2013
THE INFAMOUS RACIST EVOLUTION BIOLOGIST, ILYA IVANOV
Learn how the racist history of Darwinism is marked by deception and genetic failure. HIV is an STD of apes, chimps and monkeys. Evolutionists assumed that blacks were closer genetically to apes and attempted to secretly create conception between humans and primates.

Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov, a Russian atheist biologist during the days of Stalin, tried to prove the evolution of man from apes by conducting bizarre fiendish experiments on African women and men in an attempt to create human-ape hybrids. As a result, this atheist psuedo-science called Darwinism may have led to the global epidemic of HIV and AIDS throughout Africa and around the world.

Level 6

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84388 Apr 2, 2013
It's interesting that the same folks who want to pitch out the whole theory of evolution due to errors or miscues also want us to swallow the Bible as truth just because it has a fact or two in it.

St. Croix valley

#84389 Apr 2, 2013
josie23 wrote:
THE INFAMOUS RACIST EVOLUTION BIOLOGIST, ILYA IVANOV
Learn how the racist history of Darwinism is marked by deception and genetic failure. HIV is an STD of apes, chimps and monkeys. Evolutionists assumed that blacks were closer genetically to apes and attempted to secretly create conception between humans and primates.
Ilya Ivanovich Ivanov, a Russian atheist biologist during the days of Stalin, tried to prove the evolution of man from apes by conducting bizarre fiendish experiments on African women and men in an attempt to create human-ape hybrids. As a result, this atheist psuedo-science called Darwinism may have led to the global epidemic of HIV and AIDS throughout Africa and around the world.
wow! did you get some bad information!

that is not how the HIV virus enterd the human bloodstream...
FREE SERVANT
#84390 Apr 2, 2013
EraserX wrote:
It's interesting that the same folks who want to pitch out the whole theory of evolution due to errors or miscues also want us to swallow the Bible as truth just because it has a fact or two in it.
WOW! Can I get a YES over here in the corner? Thank you for admitting the Bible is not all myth.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#84391 Apr 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>WOW! Can I get a YES over here in the corner? Thank you for admitting the Bible is not all myth.
In exactly the same way as "Harry Potter" in not all myth

Level 6

Location hidden

#84392 Apr 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>WOW! Can I get a YES over here in the corner? Thank you for admitting the Bible is not all myth.
Of course not. A lot of those stories have a grain of truth in them some where. That's not to say we should accept the book, in its entirety, as a whole truth though.

Recently, there was a movie out about Lincoln being a Vampire hunter. There were facts in that movie. This does not mean, however, we should all believe in vampires.

St. Croix valley

#84393 Apr 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
no, there are some historical facts in it. the myth parts are the ones about some god or gods...
FREE SERVANT
#84394 Apr 2, 2013
EraserX wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. A lot of those stories have a grain of truth in them some where. That's not to say we should accept the book, in its entirety, as a whole truth though.
Recently, there was a movie out about Lincoln being a Vampire hunter. There were facts in that movie. This does not mean, however, we should all believe in vampires.
Oh, I thought you were confessing that there are true statements somewhere in the Bible about the sugject matter. I was beginnng to celebrate too early, the storm clouds are gatherin again.....

Level 2

Location hidden

#84395 Apr 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Been here before and what can I say? You totally ignored the facts then, seems to be one of you failings.
Like all languages it evolved and is still evolving today. The fact that much of that evolution happened in England makes no difference to the fact that as a language it did not start in England
Note the –“The earliest period begins with the migration of certain Germanic tribes from the continent to Britain in the fifth century A.D.”
Also notice the influence of –“Latin, Old Norse (the language of the Viking invaders), and especially the Anglo-Norman French”
Now I know for certain that Meriam-Webster knows a bit more about the history of the English language than you do.
Wrong!
Did those language that influenced English similar to English, yes or no? No!
Latin, Greek, Norman French, etc, are never the same as English.
That is the reason why, English is unique to England. Think!

Level 2

Location hidden

#84396 Apr 2, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And again, show me one trace English in Northern or Main land Europe? Waiting!
English despite its many influences, started in England.

Level 6

Location hidden

#84397 Apr 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I thought you were confessing that there are true statements somewhere in the Bible about the sugject matter. I was beginnng to celebrate too early, the storm clouds are gatherin again.....
Of course there are true statements. For instance, there very likely WAS a great flood but not one that covered the whole world for 40 days. There likely might have been someone like to Noah - perhaps a farmer who rode out the flood in an upturned shed with a few of his livestock - but not an ark containing two of every animal. I mean, come on, that would be just silly.

Level 2

Location hidden

#84398 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What does that have to do with your incorrect use of the term 'the roots of the English langauge'?
If you don't know, American English, Canadian English, Australian English and others, all had roots from England( English English).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 6 min Humor 13,168
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 43 min Crazy Jae 871
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 44 min wichita-rick 2,557
Word Association (Mar '10) 45 min Crazy Jae 22,570
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 46 min Crazy Jae 49,896
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 48 min Crazy Jae 3,674
lets play follow the word! (Jul '08) 49 min Crazy Jae 39,819
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 223,333
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 2 hr Crazy Jae 6,038
True False Game (Jun '11) 3 hr Liza 15,560