Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223366 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

CBOW

Dover, PA

#84412 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hey the liar shows his face again!
Miss me gubmint dependent?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84413 Apr 2, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I challenge you to find ANY link that agrees with your position that England **OWNS** the English language, or that the English languate "belongs" to England.
" Ownership by Origination ".

Level 2

Location hidden

#84414 Apr 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles es propiedad del idioma Inglés, y la policía de inglés van a arrestarlo.
Idioms:
Aquila non capit muscas.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#84415 Apr 2, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> " Ownership by Origination ".
Nope.

"England OWNS English (language)".

GO!

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84416 Apr 2, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I challenge you to find ANY link that agrees with your position that England **OWNS** the English language, or that the English languate "belongs" to England.
Haven't seen you in a blue mooon. How you been doing?

Level 2

Location hidden

#84417 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hijole! Que diversion!
Audi alteram partem.
Contraria contrariis curantur.
Corruptio optimi pessima.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84418 Apr 2, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>Miss me gubmint dependent?
nope. liars like you are never missed.

St. Croix valley

#84419 Apr 2, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> From your premise, English would have been Latin, Greek and what have you, but the language remain distinct from its influences. Think!
English is a compound language.
English is free from latin influences? really? i'd say that isn't a very AMIABLE look at English...what a tool!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#84420 Apr 2, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't seen you in a blue mooon. How you been doing?
Doing well, Curtis. Thanks!

Been real busy at work, often too busy to post, but never so much that I cant read the posts.

St. Croix valley

#84421 Apr 2, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>Miss me gubmint dependent?
Still can[t prove your lie, can you? waht would your cult say about openly, and knowingly lying about others?

Level 2

Location hidden

#84422 Apr 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles es propiedad del idioma Inglés, y la policía de inglés van a arrestarlo.
Again,
de pis en pis.
FREE SERVANT
#84423 Apr 2, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, ordered information (language) comes from an intelligent (ability to choose) originator. DNA is ordered information as well. Each and every biological species has a fixed blue print.
How do you study and learn about the laws of nature that GOD created without using your bible. Remember, GOD created nature for man to observe and learn first. So how do you observe nature and tell me what is right and wrong.
The Bible tells us, if we know what to look for and understand what we read.

St. Croix valley

#84424 Apr 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible tells us, if we know what to look for and understand what we read.
the bible that is full of proven lies? that bible? the one who's first message to humans is that knowledge is bad? that bible? surely you jest, shirly.

michellepain
Level 2

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84425 Apr 2, 2013
Benjamin Wiker said that according to Darwin, "the European race, following the inevitable laws of natural selection, will emerge as the distinct species, human being, and all the transitional forms—such as the gorilla, chimpanzee, Negro, Australian aborigine and so on—will be extinct." (Wiker 2002:250).

james9785
Level 2

Location hidden

#84426 Apr 2, 2013
Oh hey, "prof". What's the "scientific theory" of ID/Creationism again?

Thought so.

You can run away again now.

michellepain
Level 2

Location hidden

#84427 Apr 2, 2013
For instance, early in the voyage at Bahia in Brazil he defended and praised slavery, which I abominated, and told me that he had just visited a great slave-owner, who had called up many of his slaves and asked them whether they were happy, and whether they wished to be free, and all answered “No.” I then asked him, perhaps with a sneer, whether he thought that the answers of slaves in the presence of their master was worth anything. This made him excessively angry, and he said that as I doubted his word, we could not live any longer together."
FREE SERVANT
#84428 Apr 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the bible that is full of proven lies? that bible? the one who's first message to humans is that knowledge is bad? that bible? surely you jest, shirly.
I don't have a problem with light hearted conversation, but I am not jesting about the Bible.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#84429 Apr 2, 2013
michellepain wrote:
Benjamin Wiker said that according to Darwin, "the European race, following the inevitable laws of natural selection, will emerge as the distinct species, human being, and all the transitional forms—such as the gorilla, chimpanzee, Negro, Australian aborigine and so on—will be extinct." (Wiker 2002:250).
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA005_1...

Creationsit Claim CA005.1:

Charles Darwin was himself a racist, referring to native Africans and Australians, for example, as savages.

Response:

Virtually all Englishmen in Darwin's time viewed blacks as culturally and intellectually inferior to Europeans. Some men of that time (such as Louis Agassiz, a staunch creationist) went so far as to say they were a different species. Charles Darwin was a product of his times and no doubt viewed non-Europeans as inferior in ways, but he was far more liberal than most: He vehemently opposed slavery (Darwin 1913, especially chap. 21), and he contributed to missionary work to better the condition of the native Tierra del Fuegans. He treated people of all races with compassion.

The mention of "favoured races" in the subtitle of Origin of Species merely refers to variations within species which survive to leave more offspring. It does not imply racism.

The views of Darwin, or of any person, are irrelevant to the fact of evolution. Evolution is based on evidence, not on people's opinions.
References:

Darwin, Charles. 1913. Voyage Round the World of H.M.S. Beagle, 11th ed. London, John Murray. http://pages.britishlibrary.net/charles.darwi...
Further Reading:

Britian, Troy. n.d. Darwin on race and slavery. http://home.att.net/~troybritain/articles/dar...

St. Croix valley

#84430 Apr 2, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a problem with light hearted conversation, but I am not jesting about the Bible.
that's kinda sad, because as has been proven to you time and time again, it is false book. cult deprogramming is difficult, but you should really try it. it is not a healthy mindset to deny the reality in front of you.
FREE SERVANT
#84431 Apr 2, 2013
God created all things in heaven and in earth and we can read the truth about creation in the Holy scriptures. There are no creatures in the univese that God did not make. God has created angels and then he has created mankind and this is it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Potpourri of Expressions in Words & Rhyme (Sep '12) 15 min wichita-rick 1,243
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 31 min Jerry 12,020
A six word game (Dec '08) 1 hr Pardon Pard 21,490
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 1 hr Pardon Pard 62,699
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr Doobie Time 9,391
Poll How Long Have You Won in "Last Post Wins" thread? (Jan '09) 2 hr tiger_-_dad 7,072
The Next Person Game (Mar '11) 3 hr -TheExam- 10,850
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 hr Camilla 230,153
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 8 hr Alyssa76 1,132
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 13 hr A winner 7,945