Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#84251 Apr 1, 2013
Eristotle wrote:
<quoted text>
And all of those are part of the "Indo-European" family of languages, that also include Italian, Spanish, French and many others. And all are still evolving.
Whatever!
English as a language originated from a country called, England, now in the UK.
No doubt about that.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84252 Apr 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím an Extra Terrestrial and I was born on this planet! You trying to be funny, well I am about to show you something.
<quoted text>
Not according to his last to me!
<quoted text>
No!
<quoted text>
LOL! Since you know I am an Extra Terrestrial arenít you gonna ask me to prove it? Remember when I conclude something itís an absolute that must be backed with empirical evidence! CHUCKLE BACK AT YOU BECAUSE I KNOW YOU WASNíT EXPECTING THIS ONE!
Can you show paternity test from you dada using ERV's pls. lol

Katy Perry would love to make out with your kind. haha!
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#84253 Apr 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes the purpose is to replicate themselves...
Why do they do that? A change in the material makeup of living cells and the systems they work within, has no purpose in your view, correct?

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84254 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. The law of non-contradiction. I like that.
Thanks, I posted an article about mutations and applied the law of non-contradiction and it was game over.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#84255 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
First you have to show me the logic in ERV's. How can viruses be hereditary?
Good question. First you need to know what a retrovirus is.

A retrovirus is a virus that instead of taking over the inside workings of a cell go right to the heart of the cell and transcribe their RNA into DNA and patch that onto the existing genome. Now part of the cells purpose is to make more of the virus.

Very rarely the infection occurs in a sperm cell or ovum and if that happens it can be passed on to the young. This is rather simplified you might want to read a couple of articles for more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrovirus

http://www.retrovirology.com/content/3/1/67

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#84256 Apr 1, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Why do they do that? A change in the material makeup of living cells and the systems they work within, has no purpose in your view, correct?
yes, in fact it does have a purpose...to keep replicating the virus or whatever it is causing the change...

this is how the world works, if whatever an organism is doing makes it reproduce easily and in great numbers it will survive and continue to reproduce.

since you are looking for some guiding force that controls this reproduction, it seems pointless to you as there is no such guiding force.

another example of why starting with a faulty premise will give you results that do not reflect the real world...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#84257 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I can't wait to see how a virus would develop ribosomes. Woot!

It isn't up to you nor I to postulate what it will eventually do, or even develop a work around. What is clear and evident with it, is that it appears to have evolved farther than it's counterparts, to sit right on the edge of the definition of a living organism.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84258 Apr 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes the purpose is to replicate themselves...
No. Evolutionists would say they are a means of HGT - horizontal gene transfer, that which increase genetic diversity. Or that they evolved from plasmids or bacteria.

You don't understand the theory entirely that is why you can't identify its flaws.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#84259 Apr 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím an Extra Terrestrial and I was born on this planet! You trying to be funny, well I am about to show you something.
<quoted text>
Not according to his last to me!
<quoted text>
No!
<quoted text>
LOL! Since you know I am an Extra Terrestrial arenít you gonna ask me to prove it? Remember when I conclude something itís an absolute that must be backed with empirical evidence! CHUCKLE BACK AT YOU BECAUSE I KNOW YOU WASNíT EXPECTING THIS ONE!
Oh I'm sure you are from somewhere else , in fact I think you are from out of your mind.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84260 Apr 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. First you need to know what a retrovirus is.
A retrovirus is a virus that instead of taking over the inside workings of a cell go right to the heart of the cell and transcribe their RNA into DNA and patch that onto the existing genome. Now part of the cells purpose is to make more of the virus.
Very rarely the infection occurs in a sperm cell or ovum and if that happens it can be passed on to the young. This is rather simplified you might want to read a couple of articles for more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retrovirus
http://www.retrovirology.com/content/3/1/67
A genetic disorder or disease that is heritable are caused by abnormalities in the genome that can be passed on to offspring. If not, by mutation. Not by genome alteration caused by a virus.

HIV is not transmitted genetically but through direct transmission during childbirth.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#84261 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Evolutionists would say they are a means of HGT - horizontal gene transfer, that which increase genetic diversity. Or that they evolved from plasmids or bacteria.
You don't understand the theory entirely that is why you can't identify its flaws.
that would certainly be one of the effects of their existence. tht would in no way be a flaw in the theory of evolution. in fact, it would seem to back it up.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84262 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you show paternity test from you dada using ERV's pls. lol
Iíll do even better and prove it by birth right here on planet earth and validate it with empirical evidence. Since I am going to prove I am an Extra Terrestrial as an absolute truth this excludes all those who donít accept absolute truths from being able to accept or under-stand I am an E.T. If you accept absolute truths then we are both E.T.ís :-)

The scientific algorithm is as follows and is validated on a universal level to prove I am an E.T.:

+ 1 in math means EXTRA and this is a universal absolute truth because I (Infinite Force) became + 1 (EXRTRA ENTITY BORN ON PLANET EARTH) when I was born from my human mother on earth.

TERRESTRIAL I (Infinite Force) is because I am an inhabitant on planet earth that lives on land!

Conclusion, Extra Terrestrial I am and my kind only accept absolute truths that govern and applies to all in this universe.
Are you and Katy Perry one of my kind?!

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84263 Apr 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that would certainly be one of the effects of their existence. tht would in no way be a flaw in the theory of evolution. in fact, it would seem to back it up.
LOL! You are clueless. Do you know what HGT means? How do humans transfer genes without reproduction through a virus? You need to explain that new method I don't know about.

OMG. You really need to educate yourself more.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#84264 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! You are clueless. Do you know what HGT means? How do humans transfer genes without reproduction through a virus? You need to explain that new method I don't know about.
OMG. You really need to educate yourself more.
i thought it was pretty much established that some of our DNA is captured viruses...

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84265 Apr 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Iíll do even better and prove it by birth right here on planet earth and validate it with empirical evidence. Since I am going to prove I am an Extra Terrestrial as an absolute truth this excludes all those who donít accept absolute truths from being able to accept or under-stand I am an E.T. If you accept absolute truths then we are both E.T.ís :-)
The scientific algorithm is as follows and is validated on a universal level to prove I am an E.T.:
+ 1 in math means EXTRA and this is a universal absolute truth because I (Infinite Force) became + 1 (EXRTRA ENTITY BORN ON PLANET EARTH) when I was born from my human mother on earth.
TERRESTRIAL I (Infinite Force) is because I am an inhabitant on planet earth that lives on land!
Conclusion, Extra Terrestrial I am and my kind only accept absolute truths that govern and applies to all in this universe.
Are you and Katy Perry one of my kind?!
Hmm maybe I'm an E.T. Extra-Talented that is. lol

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#84267 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
A genetic disorder or disease that is heritable are caused by abnormalities in the genome that can be passed on to offspring. If not, by mutation. Not by genome alteration caused by a virus.
HIV is not transmitted genetically but through direct transmission during childbirth.
You still do not understand retroviruses.

Your body has about 100 trillion cells in it. Even with the worst of retrovirus infections only a very small fraction of a percent of your cells are infected by the virus.

We know that ERV's come from retroviruses because of several facts.

They were first identified as viruses by virologists.

They have been observed being formed.

They have been analyzed.

They have even been revived.

There is no doubt in the scientific world of where ERV's came from or what they are.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84268 Apr 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I'm sure you are from somewhere else , in fact I think you are from out of your mind.
You asked and I proved I am an (Extra Terrestrial) as a universal absolute truth . Now that you know what are you going to do now. Look like the joke back-fired in your face. CHUCKLING!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#84270 Apr 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked and I proved I am an (Extra Terrestrial) as a universal absolute truth . Now that you know what are you going to do now. Look like the joke back-fired in your face. CHUCKLING!
Actually all you have done is remove all doubt, that you are
a 100% certified lunatic.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84271 Apr 1, 2013
You know what I find unteresting is that the term life is not univeraly accepted in biology,I wonder why.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#84272 Apr 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually all you have done is remove all doubt, that you are
a 100% certified lunatic.
not sure why you folks are even responding to his posts....isn't there an age old rule about that on the interweb?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Good-Evil 155,369
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 35 min Mega Monster 8,811
Patriots 'super fan' wanted after drug arrest i... 36 min No hiding 6
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 39 min TALLYHO 8541 38,512
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 45 min Analog man 77,976
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 58 min Analog man 2,163
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr UnderstandPeople 28,663
Mr. Incredible Guilty of Assault 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 19
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 5 hr its me daisy 3,638
More from around the web