Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199175 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#84210 Apr 1, 2013
Eristotle wrote:
<quoted text>
Life (even human life) was seeded on earth by extraterrestrials so that, if they were ever stranded in this part of the universe, they would have someting to eat.
Wow that's scary, now is there any evidence of this?
Or do you expect us to take your word on it?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84211 Apr 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
REALITY (PHYSICAL UNIVERSE) IS AN ABSOLUTE TRUTH WHEN IT COMES TO EXISTENCE! According to your flawed man-made scientific method stating reality is disqualified since all with-in it is an absolute truth (does not qualify for evidence by your scientific evidence) BY YOUR MAN-MADE FLAWED SCIENTIFIC METHOD IS DIS-QUALIFIED AND CANNOT SPEAK ON ANY EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE FOUND IN THIS UNIVERSE BECAUSE ALL WITHIN REALITY (UNIVERSE) IS AN ABSOLUTE!
“THE DUDE” IRONY MEATER GOES DROP, DROP KABOOM!!!!!!!
LIKE I SAID MY METHOD OF REASONING IS FLAWLESS BECAUSE IT IS FOUNDED ON AN ABSOLUTE TRUTH FOUND IN THE LAWS OF NATURE CALLED “THE LAW OF NON-CONTRADICTION”!
lol. The law of non-contradiction. I like that.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#84212 Apr 1, 2013
Bigfoot wrote:
<quoted text>
If something evolves, it has to evlove from something. You can only have something, if it was created. Without something, there would be no evolution.
Ok ... then we will start off with single celled creatures, about 3.25 billion years ago.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84213 Apr 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think typing in caps makes what you say true?
Chimney nailed it really, absolute truth does exist, the problem is finding it. Yes humans are flawed , and even when we find the absolute truth we can't be sure. So while scientifically it remains falsifiable, we wouldn't be able to.
Which brings us right home to the evolution debate.
This is the very reason there is an Evolution debate, and a peer review process , and a scientific method.
Since we think we are sure our ToE is correct but have no absolute way of knowing for sure, it is falsifiable.
Many try to present evidence to show its not true, but fail to do so. Therefore it must be correct.
But you are claiming a common error of fallacious thinking.
Fallacious argument from authority.
Are you claiming to be an alien or god here?
"BY YOUR MAN-MADE FLAWED SCIENTIFIC METHOD"
Sorry to break it to you but the theory of evolution is science fiction with the use of logic. That's all there is. No real evidence.

You should only use this theory as a logic enhancer for your brain.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#84214 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So if cell arose naturally, then how do you explain the existence of viruses when they are not cellular organisms? How did they evolve?
I don't know. But then, I don't have to answer silly questions now do I?

Remember if you want to claim something you have to show the evidence that supports your claim. If you or I answer "I don't know" for part of our personal claims, but still have evidence for our claims, that "I don't know" doesn't really hurt our arguments very much at all.

So once again, I don't know how viruses evolved. You could always try to Google search the topic if you really want to know. I doubt if you will since you seem to lazy to do any actual work. I still can show you what is known right now.

You know what I believe. What do you believe and why? What evidence supports your beliefs?

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#84215 Apr 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
You can scoff all you want you religious zealot who claims his/her self scientific!
It is now deemed AS A SELF-EVIDENT TRUTH THAT IS VALIDATED BY ALL EVIDENCE IN THIS UNIVERSE (THAT INCLUDES ALL THE INFORMATION YOU READ WHICH IS IMMATERIAL EVIDENCE) THAT REALITY IS AN ABSOLUTE TRUTH!
YOU AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO UP-HOLD THIS PSEUDO0-SCIENTIFIC METHOD IS DISQUALIFIED AS SCIENTIFIC RESEARCHERS AND SCIENTIST! YOU PEOPLE ARE FALSE TRUTH SEEKERS BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS AN ABSOLUTE!
ALL OF YOUR PSEUDO EVIDENCE FOR THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION IN THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES IS DIS-QAULIFIED AND I NOW DEEM THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION A RELIGIOUS CONCEPT THAT IS FOUNDED ON ZERO/UN-TESTABLE EVIDENCE. YOUR ORIGIN OF SPECIES IS BASED ON UN-TESTABLE EVIDENCE BECAUSE REALITY IS AN ABOLUTE AND THIS VIOLATES YOUR PSEUDO-SCIENTIFIC METHOD OF FALSIFIABILITY AND DIS-QUALIFIES YOU FROM TOUCHING EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOU CLAIMS!
SELF-EVIDENT TRUTH THAT THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES AS NON-FIXED IS A CIRCULAR RELIGION AND HAVE NO PLACE IN TRUE SCIENCE!
Once again are you claiming to be alien or god?
Maybe you're the evidence Eristotle is looking for?
Are you here to eat people? chuckle

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#84216 Apr 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow that's scary, now is there any evidence of this?
Or do you expect us to take your word on it?
I do believe that Eristotle was a low grade poe.
FREE SERVANT
#84217 Apr 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you make this foolish claim?
There is massive evidence that you are wrong. More evidence than was ever used in the murder trial in the history of mankind.
The evidence must have been misconstrued, if it lead scientist to accept nonsense

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84218 Apr 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>

As I said there are scientists who are busy studying this problem and have come quite a way in finding out how life may have first appeared on this planet. They are very sure that no "creation" event had to happen, or did happen.
No creation even billions of years ago? Keep trying. You fail in your logic every time.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#84219 Apr 1, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
You can scoff all you want you religious zealot who claims his/her self scientific!
It is now deemed AS A SELF-EVIDENT TRUTH THAT IS VALIDATED BY ALL EVIDENCE IN THIS UNIVERSE (THAT INCLUDES ALL THE INFORMATION YOU READ WHICH IS IMMATERIAL EVIDENCE) THAT REALITY IS AN ABSOLUTE TRUTH!
YOU AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO UP-HOLD THIS PSEUDO0-SCIENTIFIC METHOD IS DISQUALIFIED AS SCIENTIFIC RESEARCHERS AND SCIENTIST! YOU PEOPLE ARE FALSE TRUTH SEEKERS BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS AN ABSOLUTE!
ALL OF YOUR PSEUDO EVIDENCE FOR THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION IN THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES IS DIS-QAULIFIED AND I NOW DEEM THE THEORY OF EVOLUTION A RELIGIOUS CONCEPT THAT IS FOUNDED ON ZERO/UN-TESTABLE EVIDENCE. YOUR ORIGIN OF SPECIES IS BASED ON UN-TESTABLE EVIDENCE BECAUSE REALITY IS AN ABOLUTE AND THIS VIOLATES YOUR PSEUDO-SCIENTIFIC METHOD OF FALSIFIABILITY AND DIS-QUALIFIES YOU FROM TOUCHING EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT YOU CLAIMS!
SELF-EVIDENT TRUTH THAT THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES AS NON-FIXED IS A CIRCULAR RELIGION AND HAVE NO PLACE IN TRUE SCIENCE!
You clearly have anger issues. Take a deep breath and unlock the cap lock key.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84220 Apr 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. But then, I don't have to answer silly questions now do I?
Remember if you want to claim something you have to show the evidence that supports your claim. If you or I answer "I don't know" for part of our personal claims, but still have evidence for our claims, that "I don't know" doesn't really hurt our arguments very much at all.
So once again, I don't know how viruses evolved. You could always try to Google search the topic if you really want to know. I doubt if you will since you seem to lazy to do any actual work. I still can show you what is known right now.
You know what I believe. What do you believe and why? What evidence supports your beliefs?
I did search it on Google. No results. That's why your theory of evolution is flawed. You can't even grasp the reason why viruses exist.

All you got is rhetoric from evolutionist sites. lol

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84221 Apr 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think typing in caps makes what you say true?
Chimney nailed it really, absolute truth does exist, the problem is finding it. Yes humans are flawed , and even when we find the absolute truth we can't be sure. So while scientifically it remains falsifiable, we wouldn't be able to.
Which brings us right home to the evolution debate.
This is the very reason there is an Evolution debate, and a peer review process , and a scientific method.
Since we think we are sure our ToE is correct but have no absolute way of knowing for sure, it is falsifiable.
Many try to present evidence to show its not true, but fail to do so. Therefore it must be correct.
But you are claiming a common error of fallacious thinking.
Fallacious argument from authority.
Are you claiming to be an alien or god here?
"BY YOUR MAN-MADE FLAWED SCIENTIFIC METHOD"
When I use all caps I'm high-lighting A FLAWLESS statement or putting special emphasis on an absolute truth you cannot disprove
I am not yelling at you so don't take it personal. If you are a true truth seeker you should be happy that I showed you your scientific method makes you a religious person with zero evidence to support your claims. I didn't discredit you personally, I discredited the religion you call science and you did not know that. It's all about learning and that’s it.

I AM A DESTROYER WHEN IT COMES TO FLAWED CONCEPTS AND IDEAS AND I LOVE DOING IT!

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84222 Apr 1, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I still can show you what is known right now.
What you know is Endogenous Retroviruses as a slam dunk for evolution. No wonder you don't believe in creation, "endogenous" means "originating from...without or having no apparent external cause" but claims there is common ancestor. LOL.

It's unbelievable what evolutionists come up with to disprove God.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84223 Apr 1, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>You clearly have anger issues. Take a deep breath and unlock the cap lock key.
NO, NO, NO! I AM HAVING THE TIME OF MY LIFE BECAUSE I JUST DISCOVERED ANOTHER SEL-EVIDENT TRUTH VALIDATED WITH EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE THAT PROVES THE ORIIN OF SPECIES AS A NON-FIXED BIOLOGICAL SPECIES IS A RELIGOUS CONCEPT!
When I use caps I'm only high-lighting a flawless statement, and I’m not angry or yelling.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84224 Apr 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Mutations Gone Wild!!!
I see all you can come up with is a fragment to provide an explanation. Even a third grader can write a full sentence. lol

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#84225 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to break it to you but the theory of evolution is science fiction with the use of logic. That's all there is. No real evidence.
You should only use this theory as a logic enhancer for your brain.
Actually I can kill two birds with one stone here.

"So if cell arose naturally, then how do you explain the existence of viruses when they are not cellular organisms? How did they evolve?"

Virus does not fit the criteria or definition of life but there is evidence one of them is evolving into true life forms.

This has made a jump.

http://www.microbiologybytes.com/virology/Mim...

To this.

http://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpage/disc...

Which if is true then, evolution is true

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#84226 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No creation even billions of years ago? Keep trying. You fail in your logic every time.
How so?

Seriously I don't think you know how logic works

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84227 Apr 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you claiming to be an alien or god here?
What are you going to do about it?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#84228 Apr 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I see all you can come up with is a fragment to provide an explanation. Even a third grader can write a full sentence. lol
and you were doing so well posting thoughtful comments!

there is an idea behind my comment. you know more about cellular function than i do, i thought you'd pick up on it...

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#84229 Apr 1, 2013
"Knowlede is power but knowledge of self-evident truths (absolutes) is infinite power!"

Source of quote: Me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Same Letter Sentence Game (Feb '15) 11 min Rachel 68
True False Game (Jun '11) 13 min SweLL GirL 12,368
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 21 min SweLL GirL 2,933
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 22 min SweLL GirL 7,642
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 35 min Sublime1 32,397
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 37 min Voyeur 5,465
2words into 2new words (May '12) 1 hr Sharlene45 2,149
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 1 hr Ferrerman 7,131
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Go Blue Forever 7,399
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr River Tam 192,708
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 hr A Typical 56,717
More from around the web