Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84079 Mar 31, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Absolute law is a code for human conduct that is derived from the morals that are believed to be universal to all human beings.
They cannot be universal for there humans do not fill the universe. And quite likely we are the only humans in the universe.
Infinite Force wrote:
It is also sometimes known as natural law, referencing the idea that it reflects the laws of nature rather than the laws developed by humans. Many nations incorporate absolute law into their legal systems in addition to positive law, which are the laws created by society in order to make it function more smoothly.
The concept of absolute law is very old.
Yes, VERY old. Problem is that science does not DEAL with absolutes. This is because science needs to have the potential for falsification. Without potential falsification, concepts are not scientific. If something is "absolute" then there is no potential for falsification. Ergo it is not scientific.

Your other problem is that you're confusing cultural laws with scientific laws. All that they DO share in common is that both are abstract concepts, not real tangible things.
Infinite Force wrote:
Many societies have had philosophers who argued that humans are bound by universal moral codes of conduct. These moral codes are believed to be innate and unchanging because the principles of morality do not alter even as society itself undergoes shifts. Murder is a classic example of an action that is believed to go against human nature and it is notable that many societies historically and in the modern era have criminalized and heavily penalized murder.
No problem, just redefine the term "murder". That's why it is still okay to kill and not have it called murder if society deems it so. Humans kill all the time. Legally even.
Infinite Force wrote:
Proponents of the concept of absolute law argue that, unlike positive law, it is not developed by legal authorities in response to social needs. Absolute law is instead natural to a society and it is possible to arrive at it by following a logical series of steps. People can understand absolute law without having a grasp of positive law because they should have an innate moral sense that governs basic behaviors.
>>>> http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-absolute-law....
Remember I told you science has an answer for a universal moral law that is scientific. When I say I discovered a scientific moral law it means it stand to reason or is the same as a scientific law.
ANYBODY who claims science do not deals in absolutes does not know the true (ABSOLUTE) meaning of science. The truth is what gave birth to the scientific method.
Sorry, but absolutes are the antithesis of the scientific method. Although it is understandable that you have not grasped this since you are clueless about science.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84080 Mar 31, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
This scientific moral law is what we know as FREEDOM (ability to choose).
Unless (a) God exists. Then there's no such thing as freedom as it is an illusion.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84081 Mar 31, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
When the scientific law was discovered in physics “The law of non-contradiction” was validated in philosophy and backed with empirical evidence. The scientific law discovered in physics principles states a universal law is constant (un-changing/absolute) that governs all in the universe.
“Gravity is described from the point of view of a universal law. This implies that gravity is a force that should behave in similar ways regardless of where you are in the universe”
“G is the universal gravitational constant. It is basically a conversion factor to adjust the number and units so they come out to the correct value. This is a universal constant so it is true everywhere”.
>>>> http://www.regentsprep.org/regents/physics/ph...
Tell me, is that Newtonian or relativistic mechanics in your linky?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#84082 Mar 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Proven lies. if you could show they are not lies, you would have by now...all you have left is third grade level taunts...
what a waste of a mind....
You cannot comprehend the truth so you resort to calling them lies. You're a waste of TIME.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#84083 Mar 31, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the law you are talking about??
gravity iz moral

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#84084 Mar 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot comprehend the truth so you resort to calling them lies. You're a waste of TIME.
Again, if you could have proven they were true, you would have already...

another lie by Cybele.

do try harder , dear, it is boring showing the weakness of your arguments nad lies.

Level 5

above and beyond

#84085 Mar 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Again, if you could have proven they were true, you would have already...
another lie by Cybele.
do try harder , dear, it is boring showing the weakness of your arguments nad lies.
I don't need to try harder, I just know. And you don't.

It's for me to know and for you to find out.

Minnesota's North Coast

#84086 Mar 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to try harder, I just know. And you don't.
It's for me to know and for you to find out.
and yet, still no prof-of of this supposed truth you have... why is that again?

proven lies in the religious cults, a claim of knowing they are not lies by Cybele, yet still no proof...

*Jeapordy music playing*...*crickets*....*bad Muzak rendidtion of my favorite Beatles tune*...

still nothing but third grade level jaunts and japes...

Level 5

above and beyond

#84087 Mar 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and yet, still no prof-of of this supposed truth you have... why is that again?
proven lies in the religious cults, a claim of knowing they are not lies by Cybele, yet still no proof...
*Jeapordy music playing*...*crickets*....*bad Muzak rendidtion of my favorite Beatles tune*...
still nothing but third grade level jaunts and japes...
You are a classic example of a Joker.

Level 5

above and beyond

#84088 Mar 31, 2013
Woodtick, why don't you study how plants were created. Do you know what ATP means? Addicted to Plants. That's you.

“too hard to handle”

Level 4

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#84089 Mar 31, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously are not a scientist, or even a scientifically minded person. Falsifiability is paramount in science, it is a goal of finding the truth, and why nothing is absolute.
We have constants we call laws that we think maybe constant, and unchanging.
But I proved to you they are not absolute even though they are constants, Newton was 99.00 % right , but Einstein is 99.1 % right. Both are still flawed in some aspects when put to the test.
Neither are absolute and it is not foolish/illogical to realize it.
It is however scientific, and any number of scientific minds on this thread will tell you this.
9E=MC^2 overrules F=Ma , but F=Ma is accurate enough to a point.
Where beyond this point it is no longer true and relativistic
equations must take presidence.
Hmmm...."...nothing is absolute...."

Except, of course, the mind and ego of the "scientist", which is pristine and perfect!

One dare not challenge his (or her) presumptions or biases!

One dare not challenge the almighty scientist!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#84090 Mar 31, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Except, of course, the mind and ego of the "scientist", which is pristine and perfect!
willy, no scientist is perfect either. That is why science developed several tools that allow science to minimize mistakes and to self correct when mistakes are made. Those tools include the scientific method, scientific evidence, logic, and peer review to name some of the more powerful tools.

The quickest way to fame as a scientist is to show how a preceding scientist was wrong. And for 150 years no scientist has been able to show that Darwin was wrong. His work has been improved upon,but the basic work is still there.

Minnesota's North Coast

#84091 Mar 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Woodtick, why don't you study how plants were created. Do you know what ATP means? Addicted to Plants. That's you.
So still nothing...as i thought...just at troll.

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#84092 Mar 31, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the greatest of scientist is flawed and human.
But it is not the scientist that need be perfect.
It is the method and peer review that drives it toward perfection.

Level 5

above and beyond

#84093 Mar 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So still nothing...as i thought...just at troll.
Just let this thread die. So you can stop showing your arrogance and ignorance.

Minnesota's North Coast

#84094 Mar 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Just let this thread die. So you can stop showing your arrogance and ignorance.
i believe it was me that showed your ignorance over and over, that is why you are being such a bitch...

Level 5

above and beyond

#84095 Mar 31, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
willy, no scientist is perfect either. That is why science developed several tools that allow science to minimize mistakes and to self correct when mistakes are made. Those tools include the scientific method, scientific evidence, logic, and peer review to name some of the more powerful tools.
The quickest way to fame as a scientist is to show how a preceding scientist was wrong. And for 150 years no scientist has been able to show that Darwin was wrong. His work has been improved upon,but the basic work is still there.
Wishful thinking. Real scientists must be laughing at your assinite rhetoric. Darwin is dead. And the theory must die along. We all know it's all empty-talk and trash talk.

Level 5

above and beyond

#84096 Mar 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i believe it was me that showed your ignorance over and over, that is why you are being such a bitch...
Yah I'm a bitch because you are a tool.

Level 5

above and beyond

#84097 Mar 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i believe it was me that showed your ignorance over and over
Stop dreaming. You have not addressed my questions on evolution. Do you have anything to contribute to the old fairy tale of a theory?

Minnesota's North Coast

#84098 Mar 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop dreaming. You have not addressed my questions on evolution. Do you have anything to contribute to the old fairy tale of a theory?
You don't have any.. you have some crap you picked off anti-evolution sites that you don't even understand...

and each and every one has been shot down..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min Crazy Beautiful 159,902
Poll What Is Your Favorite Crayola Crayon Color? (Oct '13) 9 min Stop Lying 66
Word Association (Jun '10) 11 min Rock626 26,976
Kalderash descend from Pharaoh Ramesis II who m... (May '12) 18 min R-Jacquet 8
Thinking Out Loud....Feel Free To Say What's On... 19 min Aka - Alias 19
News New Hampshire senator resurrects kids' hawk bil... 33 min Abrahamanic Relig... 1
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 34 min Rock626 10,261
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 44 min Rock626 199
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 139,789
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 3 hr Mega Monster 18,002
More from around the web