Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
79,261 - 79,280 of 112,852 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83894
Mar 29, 2013
 
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your kind and respectful response.
A question to ponder, or 2;
1. If we do the math on popluation growth of humans based on known factors,- and run this out 1 mill years, there would have been more than 10X25th people who whould have lived on the earth. Most of the known universe could not hold all the bones.. A thought, when all the bones if these transitionals can fit on your living room floor.
2. Ayala was very concerned about genetic load,(posters her are stating 120+ per generation), that in 200 generations (10K y)the human race would be done for. His words, not mine.
Oh, I forgot 2 big contributors to lower than expected earthly population….The Black Death epidemic in Europe in the middle 1300’s, killing an estimated 75 to 200 million souls. The Black Death is estimated to have killed 30 to 60 percent of Europe's population, and reoccurred in Europe until the 19th century. It took 150 years for the European population to recover.

Then there was the 1918 flu pandemic of 1918 to 1920, it was an unusually deadly influenza pandemic which infected 500 million people across the world, including remote Pacific islands and the Arctic, and killed 50 to 100 million humans….3 to 5 percent of the world's population at the time….making it one of the deadliest natural disasters ever in human history

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83895
Mar 29, 2013
 
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I dunno. The largest block in the pyramids was around 15 tons, so it doesn't look like they figured out the methods at all.
I've heard that some of them were up to 70 or 80 tons. Then of course they were cut in a quarry and had to be loaded on a boat and shipped down the Nile to the final site.

Amazing job no matter what was done.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83896
Mar 30, 2013
 
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Big deal. There was a rainstorm and the Koran said so.
See the problem?
No, of course you don't.
Your logic is wrong.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83897
Mar 30, 2013
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
But, you see all our information about the flood came from the Bible which is supposed to be inspired by God and without error and the Bible specifically says the flood was world-wide.
What is one to do??
Do some research or findings about population drift.
The flood then was massive and so the people then thought it was global or universal.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83898
Mar 30, 2013
 
thewordofme wrote:
Well crap I replied to the wrong post---sorry Dude. This should have gone to Charlie.
Your so called baseless assertions has no effects on the bible.
There are elements of truth on everything the bible said. It also goes with advise and warnings.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83899
Mar 30, 2013
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Accretion, gravitational attraction, and cosmic bombardment.
Grammar!
What brought about the cosmic bombardment or big bang?
Don't venture into questions you or any one can not answer.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83900
Mar 30, 2013
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Born in a stellar nursery....accretion....gravit y....almost the same way the earth was formed. Its a long process and we can see part of it going on now in the Orion constellation and a few other places in our galaxy.
Another grammar!
The constellations, galaxies and other planetary bodies, can you please honestly explain how they came into form.
The use of grammar as a cover will not solve any thing.
A simple answer, you don't know.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83901
Mar 30, 2013
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean the world is a shadow of itself Charles.
Ok, for the sake of this arguments, lets say you guys are right, what have you done to stop the menace of the world.
Technology is good, but at the same time bad.
Many daily, monthly and yearly die of plane/ air crash, auto crash and the likes.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83902
Mar 30, 2013
 
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
But, we have that pesky Bible saying that the flood was world-wide and we have all those little details about the animals and floating around for nearly a year and landing on a 14,000+- foot high mountain.
And of course there is the DNA that totally does not support the story.
And then there is all that archaeology work over the last hundred years, on thousands and thousands of prehistoric sites, not supporting the story at all
Then we have the fact that world-wide...geology and geologists say there is no real evidence for a world-wide flood at any time.
I think we can safely say the Biblical story of the Noachian flood is just a parable....no truth to it at all
No!
You can not rule it out completely.
There were thriving population around that area, so the people then thought it was global due to the massive nature of the flood. Get that!

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83903
Mar 30, 2013
 
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The orbit of Mercury breaks the "law of gravity". Thought you should know this.
The laws of gravity did not stop governing Mercury. To break it, it must have been outside the influence of the laws of gravity and this is not the case. The laws of gravity govern everything (including mercury) in this universe at all times with NO (ZER0) exceptions.
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why I don't take your "principles found in the 'laws' of nature" claims very seriously.(
First of all I did not make this principle up that is found in the laws of nature. It’s sad the scientific method foundation does not rest on the “law of non-contradiction”. All of the scientific data and statements from any subject in the scientific field fail if it violates this law or principle. Here is the definition to my “principles found in the ‘laws’ of nature.

“contradictory statements cannot both be true in the same sense at the same time, e.g. the two propositions "A is B" and "A is not B" are mutually exclusive.”
>>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_noncontra...

For example, The laws of nature either governs all in the universe or don’t. For your method of reasoning to say that mercury broke the law of nature you claimed that the laws of gravity found in nature is un-able to govern it when mercury breaks it. So now I apply “the law of non-contradiction” to your statement,“The orbit of Mercury breaks the law of gravity". Before even using the scientific method I know your statement violates the “law of non-contradiction” and dismiss your statement because either the law governs mercury or don’t and the laws of gravity is constant in the universe.

AGAIN, do the laws of gravity govern mercury or don’t? To break it mercury must make the laws of nature stop governing it. I think not!

You got your scientific method when it comes to interpreting data
Vs
My scientific method which is founded on the “law of non-contradiction” checks the integrity of the information gathered by your scientific method. That’s right, the information that you spew from your lips is governed by the laws of nature also and this law shows me how to discredit information that violates its principle.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83904
Mar 30, 2013
 
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws of gravity did not stop governing Mercury. To break it, it must have been outside the influence of the laws of gravity and this is not the case. The laws of gravity govern everything (including mercury) in this universe at all times with NO (ZER0) exceptions.
<quoted text>
First of all I did not make this principle up that is found in the laws of nature. It’s sad the scientific method foundation does not rest on the “law of non-contradiction”. All of the scientific data and statements from any subject in the scientific field fail if it violates this law or principle. Here is the definition to my “principles found in the ‘laws’ of nature.
“contradictory statements cannot both be true in the same sense at the same time, e.g. the two propositions "A is B" and "A is not B" are mutually exclusive.”
>>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_noncontra...
For example, The laws of nature either governs all in the universe or don’t. For your method of reasoning to say that mercury broke the law of nature you claimed that the laws of gravity found in nature is un-able to govern it when mercury breaks it. So now I apply “the law of non-contradiction” to your statement,“The orbit of Mercury breaks the law of gravity". Before even using the scientific method I know your statement violates the “law of non-contradiction” and dismiss your statement because either the law governs mercury or don’t and the laws of gravity is constant in the universe.
AGAIN, do the laws of gravity govern mercury or don’t? To break it mercury must make the laws of nature stop governing it. I think not!
You got your scientific method when it comes to interpreting data
Vs
My scientific method which is founded on the “law of non-contradiction” checks the integrity of the information gathered by your scientific method. That’s right, the information that you spew from your lips is governed by the laws of nature also and this law shows me how to discredit information that violates its principle.
You're awfully fond of absolutes, aren't you?

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83905
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You're awfully fond of absolutes, aren't you?
Only when it comes to explaining the laws of nature because nature does not contradict its self, people do.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83906
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Only when it comes to explaining the laws of nature because nature does not contradict its self, people do.
Isn't too bad that you cannot find any evidence that backs up your claims?

We can see evidence for evolution every where we look. You will not even tell us what these supposed laws of nature are or what real life evidence there is for them.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83907
Mar 30, 2013
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Grammar!
What brought about the cosmic bombardment or big bang?
Don't venture into questions you or any one can not answer.
Oh...but they can be answered, this is the thing you deny and despise the most.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83908
Mar 30, 2013
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Another grammar!
The constellations, galaxies and other planetary bodies, can you please honestly explain how they came into form.
The use of grammar as a cover will not solve any thing.
A simple answer, you don't know.
Well when it comes to cosmology we have to admit, we don't know everything. But we do know a great deal, enough to fill thousands of terabytes of hard drives. This is with observations alone of the early universe regarding solar system, stellar, and planetary formation. We however have not completely solved nor seen how the universe and early galactic formation took place. But because we do not know everything, does not mean we don't know anything.

That would be you , that does not know anything. You relish in it and hide your god in a place of stupidity. Not a particularly strong place to bargain your ideas from.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83909
Mar 30, 2013
 
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Another grammar!
The constellations, galaxies and other planetary bodies, can you please honestly explain how they came into form.
The use of grammar as a cover will not solve any thing.
A simple answer, you don't know.

Remember to tie the concrete blocks to your ankles, when you go deep thought exploring.

English is a West Germanic language that was first spoken in early medieval England.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83910
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't too bad that you cannot find any evidence that backs up your claims?
We can see evidence for evolution every where we look. You will not even tell us what these supposed laws of nature are or what real life evidence there is for them.
It’s called the “law of non- contradiction” and this is my evidence.

First question: Before I even start, do you know what this law means? Remember a law is universal in the scientific world because it explains nature.
Second question: Do you know what universal means?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83911
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Another grammar!
The constellations, galaxies and other planetary bodies, can you please honestly explain how they came into form.
The use of grammar as a cover will not solve any thing.
A simple answer, you don't know.
I have, so so many times, Chaz.

What part of it did you not comprehend?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83912
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
It’s called the “law of non- contradiction” and this is my evidence.
First question: Before I even start, do you know what this law means? Remember a law is universal in the scientific world because it explains nature.
Second question: Do you know what universal means?
isn't that the law bill Clinton got busted on?

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#83913
Mar 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>isn't that the law bill Clinton got busted on?
The "law of non-contradiction" is a principle found in a scientfic law not a civil law.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••