Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
79,221 - 79,240 of 112,811 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> How did this real world came into form?
You don't know.
Accretion, gravitational attraction, and cosmic bombardment.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>monkeys and apes did not build them, humans did. and yes, we can so go beyond that kind of precision...
my first instinct was correct. you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about....none at all.
look...Bigfoot!
Humans are a type of ape.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>is that like when you said they built things with more precision than we can today?*snicker*
You can "snicker" all you want...it doesn't change the facts.
Can you find anyone{{{anyone}}} who can produce the stone vases and bowls in the Egyptian museum?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Geesus krist you are thick.
I don't deny evolution. I question the people who are "using" it poorly and/or wrongly for personal gain.
And yes, there have been many arguments and controversies regarding the research and discoveries.
So where do you stand in relation to God and Jesus?

Do you accept Jesus as your Savior?

Do you accept the Bible as the literal word of God?

How old do you believe the universe to be?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so humans developed faster than we thought...big whoop...that's how science works.
LOL!
Now yer danc'n woody.
Moov'n the goalpost ta fit yer needs now like a religionist?
Whoop-whoop!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I do.
Google search Wally Wallington. Oh what the heck, here is his site:
http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/
All by himself he moves amazingly heavy blocks. A team could lift much bigger blocks.
No, you don't What he does is not even a speck on an elephant's azz compared to trying to even lift a 780 ton block 70 X 14 X 10 feet...let alone with the technology from the time.
It can't be done with the best cranes we have available.

Nice try though.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Solar?
How did the solar or sun came into form?
Born in a stellar nursery....accretion....gravit y....almost the same way the earth was formed. Its a long process and we can see part of it going on now in the Orion constellation and a few other places in our galaxy.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Gobekli Tepe is a suggestion that there was a intermission in the last ice age where a warming trend brought people (hunter gatherers) to communal existence in learning to domesticate animals and farm crops. It is the first evidence man began to develop brains through sharing and began the path to civilization. Not just small tribal grouping, but true civilization became from concept to reality. 12,000 ya today.
There is also the possibility that if the ice age had continued, civilization as we know it may have never happened.
That's at least a hypothesis to table. Not just an outright denial of actuality.
There still remains the question of what "tools" were used to create 30 acres of such intricate construction, as(according to anthropology) these tools did not even exist 12,000 years ago...let alone the innovative mentality required to accomplish such a fete.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So where do you stand in relation to God and Jesus?
Do you accept Jesus as your Savior?
Do you accept the Bible as the literal word of God?
How old do you believe the universe to be?
No.
No.
Perpetual cyclic motion...so ageless.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hmmmn!
You have all the evidence and yet the world is a shaddow of it self.(Shrug).
What do you mean the world is a shadow of itself Charles.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> No, you don't What he does is not even a speck on an elephant's azz compared to trying to even lift a 780 ton block 70 X 14 X 10 feet...let alone with the technology from the time.
It can't be done with the best cranes we have available.
Nice try though.
Let's see a link to how big those blocks were. And please not from some paranoid site.

No super duper alien technology was needed to make the pyramids.

You are projecting your incompetence to the Egyptian people.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> That's at least a hypothesis to table. Not just an outright denial of actuality.
There still remains the question of what "tools" were used to create 30 acres of such intricate construction, as(according to anthropology) these tools did not even exist 12,000 years ago...let alone the innovative mentality required to accomplish such a fete.
Yes, well before the Copper or Bronze age. Probably only stone tools. But, from what I have read and studied they had all the brain-power we humans have today.

Some rock are way harder than others and we have been using stone tools for at least a million years (us and our evolutionary predecessors) such as Homo-heidelbergensis and Homo-erectus, etc.

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
No.
So you are in the science camp and don't believe the God/Jesus/Moses/Noah/flood/Exo dus/etc. crap....right?

Level 9

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
No.
Where do you weigh in on the 14.7+- billion year old universe figure that's bandied about by everyone today.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see a link to how big those blocks were. And please not from some paranoid site.
No super duper alien technology was needed to make the pyramids.
You are projecting your incompetence to the Egyptian people.
You are projecting here.
I never said anything whatsoever about aliens...that's all YOUR crap.
Nor have I said anything about the construction of the pyramids yet either...more of YOUR projection.

Does this satisfy you? the figures are all the same or nearly anyway...it is common knowledge.

http://atheism.about.com/od/religiousplaces/i...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you weigh in on the 14.7+- billion year old universe figure that's bandied about by everyone today.
It may be part of a cycle "maybe"? Who really knows. Every 6-12 months a new hypothesis comes out. It's almost comical. I would like to see something concrete.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are in the science camp and don't believe the God/Jesus/Moses/Noah/flood/Exo dus/etc. crap....right?
Correct.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, well before the Copper or Bronze age. Probably only stone tools. But, from what I have read and studied they had all the brain-power we humans have today.
Some rock are way harder than others and we have been using stone tools for at least a million years (us and our evolutionary predecessors) such as Homo-heidelbergensis and Homo-erectus, etc.
That would depend on the type of stone that was being worked. Being limestone(the "T" blocks), they could have been worked with harder stone tools.
I have reservations about every discovery being labeled as a "religious" or "sacrificial" site. That is just ridiculous. To call a 30 acre site "religious" in the midst of hunter/gatherers is insanity, don't you think?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> You are projecting here.
I never said anything whatsoever about aliens...that's all YOUR crap.
Nor have I said anything about the construction of the pyramids yet either...more of YOUR projection.
Does this satisfy you? the figures are all the same or nearly anyway...it is common knowledge.
http://atheism.about.com/od/religiousplaces/i...
Pretty impressive. My bad, I thought you were talking about the pyramids. And yet the sort of technology that Wally Wallington uses could still be used on those sites. He by himself has moved blocks of mass greater than ten tons. That means as few as 80 people could have moved those megaliths. I would think that a major project like that would employ a lot more than 80 people.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> It may be part of a cycle "maybe"? Who really knows. Every 6-12 months a new hypothesis comes out. It's almost comical. I would like to see something concrete.
There is a big difference between a hypothesis and a theory.

Heck there is a big difference between a testable hypothesis and most hypotheses out there.

You have to learn to not give the hype too much credit. That is why science developed the very important and powerful tool of peer review. A group of experts in your field will try to rip your hypothesis to shreds if you ever go through that ordeal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••