Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,962)

Showing posts 79,221 - 79,240 of111,872
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was speculation based on the fossil record which was then verified by genetics, remember?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
And that only goes back to 4.4 mil yrs ago. in Ethiopia like I said...and they are still arguing whether that is even part of the hominid line.
Like I said before...how about some accountability rather than speculation before making statements as though they are facts.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. There was. The point was that the people who constructed this 30 acre site were far more sophisticated than the scientific community will recognize for that time period. Either the anthropologists and scientists are wrong, or the site could not exist as it does...
It appears that is because the normal progression of evolution can not account for an abrupt change in that status of human development, therefore, it just couldn't happen.
So---Gobekli Tepe is just a figment of our imagination...as are all the other examples worldwide which do not fit neatly into the confines of the paradigm.
This is "before" the civilization of Sumer.
But you see nothing wrong at all with this picture? LOL!
so humans developed faster than we thought...big whoop...that's how science works.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>monkeys and apes did not build them, humans did. and yes, we can so go beyond that kind of precision...
my first instinct was correct. you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about....none at all.
look...Bigfoot!
Really?
How about Baalbeck...that's even at a later date(supposedly).
Can you move the blocks [750 tons] any distance at all, and lift them say even 30 feet high and place them perfectly?
Now, I'm not even asking you to cut them from the raw quarry without damaging them.
Can you do that?
Or know anyone who can?

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>monkeys and apes did not build them, humans did. and yes, we can so go beyond that kind of precision...
my first instinct was correct. you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about....none at all.
look...Bigfoot!
Anthropology says that mankind was not able to do that at that time -mentally, physically, or technologically.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually humans did that. We could match that precision same as they could. And we could do it much faster. The only difference is that economics is what prevents us from doing these things today. Oh, that and practicality.
Right.
See my post about Baalbek.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you keep saying you have examples of where evolution theory fails...like your archeology site...
why do you say that then?
It is what it is.

You pretend it is perfect and I do not.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually as I tried to point out previously I am open-minded as to whether or not you're a creationist, UFO nut, or "free-thinker". I haven't come down yay or nay on any particular one yet. But like I said, the particulars aren't really relevant. Doesn't matter if we see false information spread by a creationist or some new-ager dude, we'll come down on it just the same either way.
Yes. God forbid if someone points to an obvious flaw in any research or hypothesis though.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job subduct, you used all your defense mechanisms
1. lie
2. called him a creatard.
3. accused him of ignorance
4. spoke of your superiority.
No bohart, wrong on all counts.

1. Evolutionists don't need to lie. That is a creationist tactic. You know you lie and use lying sources, we know you lie and use lying sources. You are not fooling anyone.

2. No, I have not called him a creatard yet. You have implied that he is one. Tsk, tsk. Shame on you. Or perhaps you know him better.

3. No, I pointed out his ignorance. Big difference.

4. No, I offered to help. He probably knows some things that I don't know. I know that I know things he does not know. He has made obvious errors.

Nice try. As usual you are completely wrong.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Really?
How about Baalbeck...that's even at a later date(supposedly).
Can you move the blocks [750 tons] any distance at all, and lift them say even 30 feet high and place them perfectly?
Now, I'm not even asking you to cut them from the raw quarry without damaging them.
Can you do that?
Or know anyone who can?
I do.

Google search Wally Wallington. Oh what the heck, here is his site:

http://www.theforgottentechnology.com/

All by himself he moves amazingly heavy blocks. A team could lift much bigger blocks.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
DNA is a measure of how closely related biological organisms are. This is basic school-level biology.
What's yer point?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the Bible said it was global then the Bible was in error. Since the Bible said donkeys and lizards talk the Bible was in error. Since the Adam & Eve and Noah scenarios are not genetically viable the Bible was in error. Since the Earth is not a flat square circle at the center of a geocentric universe the Bible was in error.
I understand your wish to make allowances for the ignorance of primitive goatherders who didn't get out much but you can't say that the Bible "Word of God" then blame any "minor" errors on the goatherders who wrote it.
But, you see all our information about the flood came from the Bible which is supposed to be inspired by God and without error and the Bible specifically says the flood was world-wide.

What is one to do??

Level 9

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Well crap I replied to the wrong post---sorry Dude. This should have gone to Charlie.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice. But your claim is rather generic and smacks of just a little bit of paranoia to say the least. And keeping in mind that the hypothesis of common ancestry (kinda the whole point of the modern evolutionary synthesis if you didn't know) is accepted by the vast majority of the biological community, and that further, that is where most of your strenuous objections lie, that is why the amount of your "acceptance" of evolution is questioned.
<quoted text>
Not by the biological community as a whole. Remember we discount creationists and quacks because they have no scientific basis. So no, the DI, AIG, ICR doth not constitute a "controversy". Neither does an idiot like Senapathy or von Daniken. An example of a genuine scientific controversy WITHIN evolution would be Alan Feduccia's position over dino-bird ancestry, or Gould's punctuated equilibria. Again, it's HOW evolution occurred is where the "controversies" are, not whether or not it DID occur.
Yer sing'n ta the choir here bud.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm not claiming there's a goal. And nor do the animals "choose" it. Again you are misunderstanding the concept, making the exact same mistake as the fundies do. Mutations occur, and they can be good, bad or indifferent. If neutral they will have a negligible effect on reproduction. If detrimental they will cause problems for reproduction. Maybe even to the point of extinction. If successful, successful mutations will spread through the population quicker than detrimental ones, hence further on down the line the resulting population will be "improved". This is natural selection.
I am just doing what you do to me.
How ya like it bud?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. There was. The point was that the people who constructed this 30 acre site were far more sophisticated than the scientific community will recognize for that time period. Either the anthropologists and scientists are wrong, or the site could not exist as it does...
It appears that is because the normal progression of evolution can not account for an abrupt change in that status of human development, therefore, it just couldn't happen.
So---Gobekli Tepe is just a figment of our imagination...as are all the other examples worldwide which do not fit neatly into the confines of the paradigm.
This is "before" the civilization of Sumer.
But you see nothing wrong at all with this picture? LOL!
Gobekli Tepe is a suggestion that there was a intermission in the last ice age where a warming trend brought people (hunter gatherers) to communal existence in learning to domesticate animals and farm crops. It is the first evidence man began to develop brains through sharing and began the path to civilization. Not just small tribal grouping, but true civilization became from concept to reality. 12,000 ya today.
There is also the possibility that if the ice age had continued, civilization as we know it may have never happened.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not MY beliefs.(shrug)
That was your statement...so?

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> How did this real world came into form?
You don't know.
Accretion, gravitational attraction, and cosmic bombardment.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
look...Bigfoot!
Humans are a type of ape.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>is that like when you said they built things with more precision than we can today?*snicker*
You can "snicker" all you want...it doesn't change the facts.
Can you find anyone{{{anyone}}} who can produce the stone vases and bowls in the Egyptian museum?

Level 9

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Geesus krist you are thick.
I don't deny evolution. I question the people who are "using" it poorly and/or wrongly for personal gain.
And yes, there have been many arguments and controversies regarding the research and discoveries.
So where do you stand in relation to God and Jesus?

Do you accept Jesus as your Savior?

Do you accept the Bible as the literal word of God?

How old do you believe the universe to be?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 79,221 - 79,240 of111,872
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

156 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
aqualung 3 min greymouser 4
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 3 min quilterqueen 24,010
Summer Song. (Jun '13) 5 min night machine 69
Owner calls 911 after cat goes berserk 9 min idiot 13
**Word Game** A-Z Words that have 2 or more of... (Jun '13) 10 min quilterqueen 121
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 11 min CJ Rocker 2,974
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 12 min CJ Rocker 3,110
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 18 min CJ Rocker 140,418
What is the meaning of life? 1 hr Ozzie 37
How to become Unbannable 1 hr cretin56 79
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••