Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
79,021 - 79,040 of 112,835 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked who died and where were their remains. I answered you. As I suspected, nothing that can be offered to you will be good enough. Seems a waste of time, eh?
<quoted text>
I agree. It is improving.
So I ask you again, what is your problem?
The problem is that NONE of it can positively prove the progressive evolution of humans from any given origin...and yet it is posited as proof positive...It is what it is...spoof

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I saw one of those as well over 20 years ago in Pennsylvania. Not all that dramatic. No weird light. No non-ballistic motion. But no noise that I could detect. Pretty weird.
I do know the military were tinkering with advanced lighter than air ships. It looked something like the one at the bottom of the page:
http://www.thestealthblimp.com/
This could be used as a possible explanation. Thanks for that link.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh joy...and there is evidence of homo erectus having lived with neandertal in southeastern Europe over 500,000 yrs ago. Yes, we have bones dated to prove it. Your history changes like socks and underwear. Therefore can not be taken as conclusive or positive actuality.
yes, there is proof they lived together...

so sad..

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Read what better?
Where is your "living" proof of the evolution of man from any origin?
Scientific proof requires the step by step testing and confirmed connection of any previous fossils or remains from the first to the last product of that human evolution.
Anything less is purely conjecture and hypothesis by any scientific standard of proof or discovery.
The failure to discover or validate any connecting "pieces" in any number only serves to make any hypothesis even weaker and more questionable.
So I ask for that proof, and my request for evidence and explanation regarding your conjecture is deemed a [FAIL]?
That is indeed, poor science...
Or you are a poor representative.
No, you are one hundred percent wrong and obviously do not understand the scientific method.

Second, you again show you do not understand science by asking for "proof". Technically proof is a mathematical concept not a scientific one.

Thirdly, no your inability to understand the posts of others is considered a fail. Your rudeness while being wrong is a very large fail.

And right now I am tired of being a "good representative". Treat tards as tards since they will never be anything but tards is my motto today.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that NONE of it can positively prove the progressive evolution of humans from any given origin...and yet it is posited as proof positive...It is what it is...spoof
the clear fossil record of beings moving from more ape-like to more human-like proves that...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
What I mean is who manufactured a ufo to be this large (mile long) that flies real slow with no sound.
Any theories or ideas you may have, I would like to hear them.
if that is what it was...it is not known if it was one vehicle or many or what they were...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Though, again, those fossils were fairly recent.
yeah, I cannot remember how old Otsi was. but he was not fossilized, he was frozen/mummified. none of his bones had undergone fossilization.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
How did this ufo origins came to be?
What UFO origins?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is one thing that is sometimes considered as "proof" in science. That is concordance.

When several different disciplines all agree independently on a claim then it is pretty much deemed to be proven. We don't have evidence for evolution just in the fossil record. In biology there are countless phylogenical trees that all show evolution to be the answer. Evidence for evolution can be seen in the fossil record, in the laboratory, in the field, in your DNA. Every aspect of science agrees with evolution. None with creation.

This video explains it much better than I ever could:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
How did this ufo origins came to be?
Charles??
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
...a million years later? What about the caterpillar to butterfly transformation?
A caterpillar and a butterfly are two forms of the same species?

WTH are you even asking here? LOL
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So how would the information from the outside world, such as leaves on a tree in relation to a giraffe growing a longer neck to reach a food source come about to mutate the genes?
??? Answered well by others.

In my HYPOTHETICAL example (NOT meant to be a giraffe), from generation to generation as the drought continues, those animals with longer necks eat better, live longer, reproduce more compared to the stubby necks, and thus the gene for the longer neck spreads throughout the population.

Natural selection.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not. No responsible person who knows anything about the subject claims it has been proven. As often said, proof is for whiskey. Evolution does happen. The Theory of Evolution attempts to explain it. But ToE is not *proven*. It is accepted by the scientific community at large and many laypersons to be the best explanation for evolution.

Whoever told you it has been proven, tell them I said they are wrong.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>One would expect that if that hypothesis were correct, even 4 million years should have certainly produced a tangible proof in the human genetic evolution. If the scenario of birds you offer as example of geological separation, and producing(causing) the inability to procreate due to genetic deformation of evolution, then the very same scenario should have produced like results in humans as well, especially over even longer periods of time and history...and yet it (in fact) has not.
Why not?
Actually, it MAY have, but we still don;t have a totally clear picture of the early and middle eras of human evolution.

Plus, the reproductive isolation scenario I gave is not the only way that evolution can work.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What UFO origins?
X-Files

:-)
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So your claim is that all leaf eaters develop long necks.
Well, ANTS are leaf eaters. I doubt they would evolve longer necks in this case. Don't you think they would simply CLIMB the trees? LOL
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for this sound example. It helps me explain with simplicity what I speak of.
It actually refutes, soundly and simply, "what you speak of."
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>If not by the inference of genetic information being passed as mutative cellular action within spermiation or zygote, then how and why would one neck of a giraffe grow to different lengths than another in the same environment?
IOW- there had to have been a transfer of genetic information for the mutation to even have happened....
OR- it never happened.
THose who happened to be born with the genetic makeup for a longer neck would tend, as a group, to eat better, live longer, reproduce more and thus pass that setup of genes throughout the population eventually.

It has nothing to do with "mutative cellular action within spermiation or zygote." LOL
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So Giraffes with longer necks eat better because they can reach higher for their food source.
And this is by no way implies any kind of information that was transferred from the physical world to the Giraffe.
Right.lol
Nope. Just blind luck and good fortune for the long necks.

Imagine a rabbit in the Arctic snows who is born with a mutation for black fur. How long do you think that particular animal will live and escape all the various predators?

Ever notice that virtually ALL the species that live on or above the ice in the polar regions have WHITE fur or WHITE feathers, etc.?

Did that come about because Jesus just happens to like WHITE?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>"
So, again, I must ask ---why are there no humanoid species difference that can no longer interbreed??
There do not have to be.

I gave a simple, easy-to understand (or so I thought) HYPOTHETICAL EXAMPLE last night to Cybele of how natural selection CAN and DOES work.

Speciation does not HAVE to work by means of a scenario of reproductive isolation. There are other mechanisms.

As someone pointed out, evolution does not REQUIRE that species change visibly or greatly over the millennia if there is no pressure from the environment to do so -- i.e. if they are well-adapted to their environments, my HYPOTHETICAL "long-neck" scenario" would never happened.

Sharks are probably a good example of this. Very well-adapted for millions of years.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Boy, 9, marries 62-year-old mother of five for ... 19 min Alan Partridge 23
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 34,947
How did you get over a broken heart? (Oct '09) 1 hr wichita-rick 264
Don't bet with " Wabbit" (Feb '12) 2 hr Wabbit 87
~Things YOU Love Game~ (Oct '12) 2 hr Enzo49 3,797
My Official Goodnight Thread (Mar '12) 2 hr Debra27 262
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 141,322
Car Dealer Gives Woman Refund - in Pennies 3 hr Marcavage s Emission 7
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 hr Petal Power 14,967