Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171823 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#83637 Mar 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Right here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_ev...
<quoted text>
Of course not. They don't exist anymore and it's tough to get DNA from fossils unless they are fairly recent.
<quoted text>
No evidence? You might not like the evidence but it's silly to claim there is none. There is.
So what's your problem, BT?
We got really nice DNA from the mummified/frozen Neandertal in the Italian alps. it is from that that we know that most humans today have neandertal DNA in us.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#83638 Mar 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Right here:

Black Thunder 42 wrote, "Can you prove that their DNA were unable to reproduce?"

Of course not. They don't exist anymore and it's tough to get DNA from fossils unless they are fairly recent.

Black Thunder 42 wrote, "You are grasping at straws...making statements with absolutely no evidence to back them up...just like a religionist"

No evidence? You might not like the evidence but it's silly to claim there is none. There is.

"In "Jurassic Park," scientists extract 80-million-year-old dino DNA from the bellies of mosquitoes trapped in amber. Researchers may never be able to extract genetic material that old and bring a T. rex back to life, but a new study suggests DNA can survive in fossils longer than previously believed.

The oldest DNA samples ever recovered are from insects and plants in ice cores in Greenland up to 800,000 years old. But researchers had not been able to determine the oldest possible DNA they could get from the fossil record because DNA's rate of decay had remained a mystery.

Now scientists in Australia report they've been able to estimate this rate based on a comparison of DNA from 158 fossilized leg bones from three species of the moa, an extinct group of flightless birds that once lived in New Zealand. The bones date between 600 and 8,000 years old and importantly all come from the same "

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#83639 Mar 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Right here:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What do you think about this if it was true?

Ten years after the Arizona UFO incident known as the "Phoenix Lights," former Arizona Republican Governor Fife Symington, III, now says that he himself was a witness to one of the strange unidentified flying objects, even though he originally did not say so publicly.

"It was enormous and inexplicable," he said in an exclusive interview from his home in Phoenix. "Who knows where it came from? A lot of people saw it, and I saw it too."

On March 13, 1997, during Symington's second term as Governor, thousands saw multiple triangular and V-shaped craft, gliding slowly and silently across the sky for half an hour beginning at approximately 8:15 pm. Awestruck witnesses, throughout the state, estimated that the eerie, lighted vehicles were bigger than many football fields, up to a mile long."

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83640 Mar 29, 2013
Here is the source Mike to the article I posted to you: http://rense.com/general75/dife.htm

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83641 Mar 29, 2013
"the dude" would like this article.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#83642 Mar 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the neandetals. and yes, we have the remains of several of them.
yes, it can be proven. most humans have neandertal DNA in them. most likely you do.
epic fai.....
Well, by all means show me a paper that addresses that.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#83644 Mar 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We got really nice DNA from the mummified/frozen Neandertal in the Italian alps. it is from that that we know that most humans today have neandertal DNA in us.
Yep. Though, again, those fossils were fairly recent.

St. Croix valley

#83645 Mar 29, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think about this if it was true?
Ten years after the Arizona UFO incident known as the "Phoenix Lights," former Arizona Republican Governor Fife Symington, III, now says that he himself was a witness to one of the strange unidentified flying objects, even though he originally did not say so publicly.
"It was enormous and inexplicable," he said in an exclusive interview from his home in Phoenix. "Who knows where it came from? A lot of people saw it, and I saw it too."
On March 13, 1997, during Symington's second term as Governor, thousands saw multiple triangular and V-shaped craft, gliding slowly and silently across the sky for half an hour beginning at approximately 8:15 pm. Awestruck witnesses, throughout the state, estimated that the eerie, lighted vehicles were bigger than many football fields, up to a mile long."
My mom and her friends saw it also.

they were not aliens UFOs...

Level 1

Location hidden

#83646 Mar 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Right here:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Your failure to produce any proof...wiki is not proof of anything...scientific papers are even question until repeat experiment is shown to verify.
It's not tough anymore...science is rapidly improving in technique.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#83647 Mar 29, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"In "Jurassic Park," scientists extract 80-million-year-old dino DNA from the bellies of mosquitoes trapped in amber. Researchers may never be able to extract genetic material that old and bring a T. rex back to life, but a new study suggests DNA can survive in fossils longer than previously believed.
The oldest DNA samples ever recovered are from insects and plants in ice cores in Greenland up to 800,000 years old. But researchers had not been able to determine the oldest possible DNA they could get from the fossil record because DNA's rate of decay had remained a mystery.
Now scientists in Australia report they've been able to estimate this rate based on a comparison of DNA from 158 fossilized leg bones from three species of the moa, an extinct group of flightless birds that once lived in New Zealand. The bones date between 600 and 8,000 years old and importantly all come from the same "
Yeah, the 521 years half-life story. That's been a topic of discussion here. Seems that it's a little controversial. Even the researcher themselves admitted that there could still be a great deal of variation in the so called half-life.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#83648 Mar 29, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
Here is the source Mike to the article I posted to you: http://rense.com/general75/dife.htm
Actually, I saw one of those as well over 20 years ago in Pennsylvania. Not all that dramatic. No weird light. No non-ballistic motion. But no noise that I could detect. Pretty weird.

I do know the military were tinkering with advanced lighter than air ships. It looked something like the one at the bottom of the page:
http://www.thestealthblimp.com/

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83649 Mar 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>My mom and her friends saw it also.
How did this ufo origins came to be?

Level 1

Location hidden

#83650 Mar 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We got really nice DNA from the mummified/frozen Neandertal in the Italian alps. it is from that that we know that most humans today have neandertal DNA in us.
Oh joy...and there is evidence of homo erectus having lived with neandertal in southeastern Europe over 500,000 yrs ago. Yes, we have bones dated to prove it. Your history changes like socks and underwear. Therefore can not be taken as conclusive or positive actuality.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#83651 Mar 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Your failure to produce any proof...wiki is not proof of anything...
You asked who died and where were their remains. I answered you. As I suspected, nothing that can be offered to you will be good enough. Seems a waste of time, eh?
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
scientific papers are even question until repeat experiment is shown to verify.
It's not tough anymore...science is rapidly improving in technique.
I agree. It is improving.

So I ask you again, what is your problem?

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83652 Mar 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>My mom and her friends saw it also.
What I mean is who manufactured a ufo to be this large (mile long) that flies real slow with no sound.

Any theories or ideas you may have, I would like to hear them.

Level 1

Location hidden

#83653 Mar 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked who died and where were their remains. I answered you. As I suspected, nothing that can be offered to you will be good enough. Seems a waste of time, eh?
<quoted text>
I agree. It is improving.
So I ask you again, what is your problem?
The problem is that NONE of it can positively prove the progressive evolution of humans from any given origin...and yet it is posited as proof positive...It is what it is...spoof

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83654 Mar 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I saw one of those as well over 20 years ago in Pennsylvania. Not all that dramatic. No weird light. No non-ballistic motion. But no noise that I could detect. Pretty weird.
I do know the military were tinkering with advanced lighter than air ships. It looked something like the one at the bottom of the page:
http://www.thestealthblimp.com/
This could be used as a possible explanation. Thanks for that link.

St. Croix valley

#83655 Mar 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Oh joy...and there is evidence of homo erectus having lived with neandertal in southeastern Europe over 500,000 yrs ago. Yes, we have bones dated to prove it. Your history changes like socks and underwear. Therefore can not be taken as conclusive or positive actuality.
yes, there is proof they lived together...

so sad..

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#83656 Mar 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> Read what better?
Where is your "living" proof of the evolution of man from any origin?
Scientific proof requires the step by step testing and confirmed connection of any previous fossils or remains from the first to the last product of that human evolution.
Anything less is purely conjecture and hypothesis by any scientific standard of proof or discovery.
The failure to discover or validate any connecting "pieces" in any number only serves to make any hypothesis even weaker and more questionable.
So I ask for that proof, and my request for evidence and explanation regarding your conjecture is deemed a [FAIL]?
That is indeed, poor science...
Or you are a poor representative.
No, you are one hundred percent wrong and obviously do not understand the scientific method.

Second, you again show you do not understand science by asking for "proof". Technically proof is a mathematical concept not a scientific one.

Thirdly, no your inability to understand the posts of others is considered a fail. Your rudeness while being wrong is a very large fail.

And right now I am tired of being a "good representative". Treat tards as tards since they will never be anything but tards is my motto today.

St. Croix valley

#83657 Mar 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that NONE of it can positively prove the progressive evolution of humans from any given origin...and yet it is posited as proof positive...It is what it is...spoof
the clear fossil record of beings moving from more ape-like to more human-like proves that...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 11 min Cyan in CA 57,398
What are "YOU" thankful for? (Nov '08) 18 min Bev Roxon 19
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 22 min Cyan in CA 2,563
Ball of Magnetic Energy Approaching Earth 23 min Crystal_Clear722 2
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 24 min Bev Roxon 8,715
News Teenage Clerks Brilliantly Foil Would-Be Robber 28 min Mitt s Santorum S... 7
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 34 min Sublime1 167,164
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 57 min Jennifer Renee 12,708
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 1 hr Brick 9,319
Dedicate a song (Jul '08) 2 hr Sublime1 16,039
News J.C. Penney Employee Sent Home For Wearing 'Rev... 4 hr Spotted Girl 35
More from around the web