Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164406 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#83577 Mar 29, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So how would the information from the outside world, such as leaves on a tree in relation to a giraffe growing a longer neck to reach a food source come about to mutate the genes?
It doesn't cause mutations. Who ever said that it would?

Do you want a serious explanation or do you simply want to ask questions that show you have no knowledge of biology at all?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#83578 Mar 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want a serious explanation or do you simply want to ask questions that show you have no knowledge of biology at all?
the implication was that a giraffe grows a longer neck by evolutionary means over a period of time to reach a food source.

I asked how the information is transferred from the physical world to the biological construct of giraffe.

do you know or not?

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#83579 Mar 29, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
the implication was that a giraffe grows a longer neck by evolutionary means over a period of time to reach a food source.
I asked how the information is transferred from the physical world to the biological construct of giraffe.
do you know or not?
Giraffes who cannot reach the higher food die. They don't pass on their genes.

Giraffes born with longer necks can reach the higher food and survive. They get to pass on their genes.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#83580 Mar 29, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
do you know or not?
No, you did not ask that.

Go back and reread your post.

You do not get to be dishonest and then ask for a answer to a question. It indicates that you will not be honest when you get an answer.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#83581 Mar 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but I never claimed that there were different human species alive today.
Why ask?
One would expect that if that hypothesis were correct, even 4 million years should have certainly produced a tangible proof in the human genetic evolution. If the scenario of birds you offer as example of geological separation, and producing(causing) the inability to procreate due to genetic deformation of evolution, then the very same scenario should have produced like results in humans as well, especially over even longer periods of time and history...and yet it (in fact) has not.
Why not?

Location hidden

#83582 Mar 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you did not ask that.
Go back and reread your post.
You do not get to be dishonest and then ask for a answer to a question. It indicates that you will not be honest when you get an answer.
so in other words you don't know.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#83583 Mar 29, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
do you know or not?
what information meeds to be transfered from the physical world to the girrafe? why?

St. Croix valley

#83584 Mar 29, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So how would the information from the outside world, such as leaves on a tree in relation to a giraffe growing a longer neck to reach a food source come about to mutate the genes?
wow, what a stupid question!(there really are stupid questions, asn this is one of them...)

there is no information tranfer! why would there be? the ones with longer necks eat bettter and prcreate more, no information tranfer neededd? why do you even suppose there must be information transfer? do you think giraffes are computers?

Location hidden

#83585 Mar 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>

"From generation to generation, some of Pop 2's members are born with a mutation that results in a slightly longer neck. This gives those individuals a greater survival advantage, because they can reach higher and get more food."

If you bother to pay any attention at all, you would have seen it was in direct response to what Gillette wrote.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#83586 Mar 29, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
do you know or not?
*IF* reaching a food source is the reason for the long neck (and that is in dispute) then those with longer necks could reach more food sources than those with somewhat shorter necks. Therefore, better fed, healthier and likely more successful at reproduction thus passing on their 'long neck' genes. It's called natural selection.

BTW, the other school of thought is that it is sexual rather than food related.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#83587 Mar 29, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
"From generation to generation, some of Pop 2's members are born with a mutation that results in a slightly longer neck. This gives those individuals a greater survival advantage, because they can reach higher and get more food."
If you bother to pay any attention at all, you would have seen it was in direct response to what Gillette wrote.
I know what Gillette said. You then made an incorrect assumption in your question.

So I guess the problem is that you did not understand Gillette's post, right?

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#83588 Mar 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
If you start with a species will all of its descendants be able to breed with all of its other descendants according to you?
Yeap! No matter how many generations down, the first generation will be the same biological species as the millionth generation down. This is what I mean by fixed.

Location hidden

#83589 Mar 29, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow, what a stupid question!(there really are stupid questions, asn this is one of them...)
there is no information tranfer! why would there be? the ones with longer necks eat bettter and prcreate more, no information tranfer neededd? why do you even suppose there must be information transfer? do you think giraffes are computers?
So your claim is that all leaf eaters develop long necks.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#83590 Mar 29, 2013
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>One would expect that if that hypothesis were correct, even 4 million years should have certainly produced a tangible proof in the human genetic evolution. If the scenario of birds you offer as example of geological separation, and producing(causing) the inability to procreate due to genetic deformation of evolution, then the very same scenario should have produced like results in humans as well, especially over even longer periods of time and history...and yet it (in fact) has not.
Why not?
The human race, as homo sapiens has not existed for 4 million years. And during that time period there was more than one species of homo and though we can't tell for sure some of them probably could not interbreed.

Animals go extinct too and we are the only line that survived.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83591 Mar 29, 2013
Gillette wrote:
From one generation to another, a dog always produces a dog.
However, that first offspring (call it Generation 1) is always slightly different from its parents, due to the combination of parental genes and to gene mutations.
Now if you followed Generation 1 to Generation 2, 3, 4, 5--- etc. all the way to Generation 1 MILLION, say a million years later, you would probably find that the offspring called Generation 1,000,000 is SO different from Generation 1 that the two species would no longer be able to mate with one another and science would therefore classify it as a new and different species.
THIS is what science says happens in the Theory of Evolution -- not a fish changing instantly into a cat.
Thanks for this sound example. It helps me explain with simplicity what I speak of.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#83592 Mar 29, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
so in other words you don't know.
No, my patience has run a bit thin with creatard dishonesty.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83593 Mar 29, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
*IF* reaching a food source is the reason for the long neck (and that is in dispute) then those with longer necks could reach more food sources than those with somewhat shorter necks. Therefore, better fed, healthier and likely more successful at reproduction thus passing on their 'long neck' genes. It's called natural selection.
BTW, the other school of thought is that it is sexual rather than food related.
How is your music coming alone/

St. Croix valley

#83594 Mar 29, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So your claim is that all leaf eaters develop long necks.
obviously not. where did you get that? your logic skills really, really suck.

i clearly stated that there is no information transfer. even thinking so is fooliosh....

St. Croix valley

#83595 Mar 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my patience has run a bit thin with creatard dishonesty.
i guess that when that is all one has to use...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#83596 Mar 29, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
How is your music coming alone/
Pretty well. I acquired a cello not long ago so I have a new challenge. Thanks for asking.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 2 min CJ Rocker 79,173
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min CJ Rocker 163,048
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 12 min A l i a s -__- 4,592
News Muslim cleric says masturbating makes your hand... 14 min ozboy 12
Poll Will The Real Alias-Trish Please Stand Up! 16 min A l i a s -__- 4
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 20 min Brandiiiiiiii 651
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 24 min Lawrence Wolf 19
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 37 min curiousity 40,753
News 'Father' Marries His 'Son' 1 hr Luke 14
More from around the web