Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
78,841 - 78,860 of 112,905 Comments Last updated 12 min ago
Mark

Corvallis, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I have. Several times. And I know why it was bullshit. Do you?
<quoted text>
Believe what you like. You know, like RATE.
Mike, I have a call into one of the RATE team members and am getting updated, thanks for taking the time to provide the link. Will be back with a brief response ASAP -
M
Mark

Corvallis, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Pole shifts
You mean axis movement?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctic_Penins...

Current wiki mentions a "global climate change" not that it moved in axis. Fits with the Alaska/Siberia warm climate and such going on at the same time I think. Mentions cont. drift.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike, I have a call into one of the RATE team members and am getting updated, thanks for taking the time to provide the link. Will be back with a brief response ASAP -
M
Oh joy. More lying from more liars for Jesus.(shrug) Do let us know when the scientific community gives a fig what these apologists think, eh?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Markyh, if you are taking about finding megafauna fossils at Antarctica you need to remember a few facts. One we are in an ice age now. That was not always the case. Second Antarctica has moved along with the rest of the continents. It has not always been centered on the South Pole.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
A correction to the last paragraph, "macroevolution should be "microevolution".
Dumbest correction ever.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Well if that floats your boat fine,I won't criticise anyone's belief..
I wouldn't worry about the silly beliefs of creationists if they weren't illegally pushing it into public schools. Ya know the nutjobs in the Middle East? They view that as a societal goal.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
You can attempt to answer every point to argue for your self-designed earth, moon, sun, geology, atmosphere, water and life if you wish. But each require convergence, convergence demands design, design demands a Designer.
No, that's merely your ignorant incredulity at work.(shrug)
Mark wrote:
But you claim it all comes by mindless accidents? thatís functional, beautiful, original, and operational? Never in human experience does such convergence come by accident.
Keep beating up those straw-men. That's why you have no traction in the scientific community AND keep losing in court.
Mark wrote:
The seas of earth would be a stagnate pond of sticky algae if it wasnít for the moon being the perfect size and in the orbit itís in. The tilt of the earth gives us seasons, the sun warmth and on and on.
Except the moon was closer in the past even when we still had life. Size is irrelevant. Seasons are what life adapted to, not the other way around. Not all life requires seasons. By the way, since algae is life then you're saying the moon doesn't matter.
Mark wrote:
Convergent Design!
Mechanisms? Evidence? Still waiting.
Mark wrote:
But with all the efforts of human "science", we can't even make a single human hair, we can't explain or replicate photosynthesis, nor make a single blade of grass in all the laboratories of the world!
So life is nothing like design therefore life was designed. Only you could make the same dumb argument 3 times in a row.
Mark wrote:
Yet we mock God while we enjoy all that allows us life, how sad, how foolish we are!
There's no evidence of a God to mock. Mocking your myths however, that's totally different.
Mark wrote:
The evolutionist side lives on isotope dating
Yeah, due to that time-travelling conspiracy, remember?
Mark wrote:
because some samples provide the ages they agree with. There are many, many contradictions however. Ones that starkly donít fit the geologic column or the current dogma often get thrown out. Sometimes honest authors get them published hidden in the tables to escape the all -seeing eyes of the pro-evolutionist peer review teams. In truth, most uniform time measurements contradict long-age techniques, but guess who wins!
Ours, since oil companies and archaeologists use ours because they work. You get contradicting dates because you use the wrong methods in the wrong ways. Deliberately.
Mark wrote:
You will almost never see concordant isotope clocks agree with themselves nor uniform dates (based on fossils/strata) nor will you see them all published together. On our side, we have to often use a third party carrier to get samples through to a lab, why?, because they donít want us to get the ammunition! We worked on this subject for 5 years and faced the facts straight out but the results were ignored.(Rate Project).
RATE project are liars for Jesus. So we're still left wondering why the frak you're pretending to talk about "evidence" when evidence is COMPLETELY superfluous to your position.

Goddidit with magic. Old Earth results? Goddidit. Young Earth results? Goddidit. One moon? No moon? Two moons? Doesn't matter. Goddidit.

Beginning to understand the problems you're having yet bub? Or you prefer to carry on lying for Jesus?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
They couldn't get it done in the lab so they just keep selling it in the articles, movies and textbooks. So we are all mutants? I will tell my wife that - couch time tonight!
Yes, you are a mutant. Now if you were a clone then maybe you'd have a point. But then I've already demonstrated common ancestry to you a couple of times now and you still haven't been able to address it.

Don't worry. No other fundie on the planet has yet either.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Curtis Threats! I'd almost forgotten about him. Wow, was he a character. Infinite Force, wasn't it?
That's him. Maybe he's finally succumbed to all that alien experimentation.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Always try to believe in the impossible. Anything can happen. You or any one else can never rule out the possibility of a first man and woman.
Already addressed. But it appears you didn't understand what was said. I suppose I was expecting too much since you make Bo look like a genius.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No!
But the writers of the bible that were wrong based on their level of education.
But they were not other wrong because the flood was devastating and large, making the people then, to think it was global or universal.
Good. So like others noted we have established that the Bible is in error.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you again, 100 % error free?
No, but we don't have to be. We just have to be more accurate than the Bible. And its fundies.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No!
If truly the bible is false, as well the faith according to your assertions, the faith would have been long dead. But the reverse was the case.
I pointed out many things to Hog a day or two ago which were pseudo-scientific yet people still believed them. The thing you're not grasping is that faith does not REQUIRE evidence. That's why people can still have faith in concepts which either have no evidence, or just plain wrong (like young Earth creationism).

Faith does not stay when one has evidence. Faith DISAPPEARS with evidence. Evidence makes faith superfluous.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
I'm not religous and I don't support documented religious views. I do accept the non-religious concept of fixed species when it comes to the origin of species. Instead of descent with modification I see common desegn. I base this conclusion on the biological reproductive species term which states a species reproduce the same fertile off-spring species.
WOW!!! I-F! So how'd it work? Do we just have to say your name three times and the aliens drop you off? A bit like Beetlejuice?

How ya doin' me ol' crazy conman?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Your facts is based on contradictory un-observed data when when it comes to the biological reproductive species term. This is the only species term I accept in biology. A biological reproductive species is only able to reproduce fertile off-spring of the same species and this reproductive process is fixed which prevents the rise of a new biological species.
Geez man, we been through all this, remember? Ring species. Game over.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
So you found some old bones...the rest is mere speculation and conjecture...case dismissed.
Sorry, but the case has passed not only the courts but plenty of scientific testing. I would say that you SHOULD know this, since I've posted the linky demonstrating this for you many times now.

But then we both know you've never read it and couldn't understand it even if you did.(shrug)

That's why you just posted a linky which still supported evolution rather than putting it in doubt. Oh well.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
A biological species is able to reproduce fertile off spring. It is this species term alone that proves ALL species is fixed because inter species breeding does not produce fertile off-spring. This concludes that biological species are fixed.
<quoted text>
The off-spring would be a variation of the parents. This is called a constant variable within a bioogical reproductive species.
You're forgetting that "species" is an arbitrary concept. And in reality life DOES change over time. There is no genetic barrier preventing accumulative changes.

That's why so many fundies find YECism so attractive. Just one problem - it's a total denial of every single scientific field. In short, denial of reality itself.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Biological reproductive species is an observed phenomena in nature on how a species is created at birth. Your other man made species terms does not show how a species is created at birth in nature. Its just a concept made up by a man.
Ah, total misunderstanding of speciation. Evolution doesn't claim a brand new species at the birth of a new organism.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
A very sharp team was on that committee. Look into it. Evo's will never publish multiple dating systems in their lit., it gets too complicated for them to also explain the lack of concordant dating results, in addition to their theme. We are supposed to blindly accept the data which is often +/- mils/Y because we are suppose to trust peer review. The fox watching the hen-house issue. I am not saying they purposely lie, its dogma.
Projection.

What's the "scientific theory" of creationism?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I got A's and my 2 geo profs converted to catastrophism, one wanted to offered me time as a guest speaker. Don't you wish!
Of course you did.(pats head)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the recorded testimony of the leading Alaskan Athabaskan chief at the time, as taken by the district Judge Wickersham in about 1900 of their flood story, the "big canoe story" etc.. Its all in Wickershams autobiography
Same for the Shoshone, I can check with some other tribes here and Canada, but that whittles down North America some on your comment.
How come there are Redwood stumps 10ft in dia. in Antarctica and when we drill on the North slope (for oil) we hit a biomass layer down deep with huge warm climate ferns and other fauna/flora? What covered them 500ft+ down, a local flood? We have fossil mega fauna there also, shells 3ft in dia etc.? For sure we must agree that the world at some earlier date had a uniform pole to pole temp that was warm. They omitted that stuff in my college geo/ classes, doesn't fit well. Quite an ommission however!
I will take a shot and postulate from the Bible a moment - how about a "very good" earth? Does that evidence make me a crackpot, I think not, actually, It woke me up.
Any velociraptors mixed with humans in that layer? Thought not.

What's the "scientific theory" of creationism?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

107 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What do you admire most about a person? (Dec '12) 4 min greymouser 241
What are you wearing today? (Nov '09) 5 min night machine 11,646
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min CJ Rocker 141,378
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 13 min Mister_ E 15,084
In honor of ms Sweeter 13 min night machine 133
If you could create a new judgeit... 19 min Independent1 18
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 48 min TALLYHO 8541 34,971
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 3 hr Maverick 808 15,622
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 4 hr Old Sam 13,039