Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
78,761 - 78,780 of 115,245 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#83431 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you get to make up your species definition to create a false hypothesis? sorry it doesn't work that way...
Biological / reproductive species: Two organisms that are able to reproduce naturally to produce fertile offspring of both sexes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species

This is the only species term that is observed in nature and can be tested to prove the origin of species is fixed with no assumptions.

Level 3

Location hidden

#83432 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but the term was made up soley to support a false hypothesis.
how 'bout we stick with the real term species that everyone uses?
The most widely accepted term is the one I am using.

Level 3

Location hidden

#83433 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but the term was made up soley to support a false hypothesis.
how 'bout we stick with the real term species that everyone uses?
The most universally accepted species concept is the idea of the biological species.

http://evolution.about.com/od/Terms-O-Z/a/The...

I go by the one everyone accepts.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#83434 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>then why did they use different hiroglyphics around the planet? i sense a flaw in your fantasy...
Derived from a common origin and guess where!
HOG_Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#83435 Mar 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Because refining our understanding of reality is evil.
/sarcasm
You probably meant something by that...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#83436 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
The most universally accepted species concept is the idea of the biological species.
http://evolution.about.com/od/Terms-O-Z/a/The...
I go by the one everyone accepts.
the one where two separate species of hominids produced fertile offspring?

St. Croix valley

#83437 Mar 28, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Derived from a common origin and guess where!
If all the people around the Earth used the same language, as you stated, why would their hiroglyphics vbe so different.

Occam's razor just cut that theory to shreds. Want a Styptic pencil?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#83438 Mar 28, 2013
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably meant something by that...
I did but it loses something if I have to explain it. In any event, it was in response to your swipe at science. Sorry it went over your head. I'll remember to be more direct in the future.
Mark

United States

#83439 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You can barely make more than one post a day without a bunch of typos and displaying linguistic ignorance, I an not convinced that your assertion here is at all close to reality.
"I an" Kit?

My excuse is that "The Dude" told me I was a mutant, I told my wife that and I landed on the couch. So I had nothing else to do but write you folks @ 3am..

At least you can have the piece of mind that no reproductions of me will come along if this keeps up..

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#83440 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Biological / reproductive species: Two organisms that are able to reproduce naturally to produce fertile offspring of both sexes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species
This is the only species term that is observed in nature and can be tested to prove the origin of species is fixed with no assumptions.
Actually it can be tested in nature to prove evolution with no assumptions.

Nah, I am just being a bit snarky there. In fact all science has some assumptions at its base. Even your stupid idea has an assumption at its base.

And very often they can be tested. The fact that there are Ring Species blows your assumption clean out of the water and is very strong evidence for evolution.

So come back when you have another idea, this one failed.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#83441 Mar 28, 2013
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>You probably meant something by that...
You're talking to the hand there. Don't waste your time. lol
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#83442 Mar 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations, you just contradicted yourself.
<quoted text>
You don't have His Word. The ONLY person who ever did was Moses. And even that was hearsay.
<quoted text>
No it isn't. That's why you lied. You don't give a crud about God, all you care about is shunning anyone and anything that doesn't fall in line with your baseless religious opinions then assume you can repent after you're dead so you can get into paradise.(shrug)
Moses was mediator between God and Israel back in his day.Gal 3:19,Deut 5:5,33:2 Acts 7:53. I have contradicted nothing

St. Croix valley

#83443 Mar 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Moses was mediator between God and Israel back in his day.Gal 3:19,Deut 5:5,33:2 Acts 7:53. I have contradicted nothing
yeah...back when your mythical god told Moses it was OK to own other human beings...

your cult lied to you...again...
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#83444 Mar 28, 2013
Creation HAS been proven!!
They CREATED a fictious being and sold it to the masses and two thousand years later religion is still the most profitable business in the world.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#83445 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>then why did they use different hiroglyphics around the planet? i sense a flaw in your fantasy...
Nimrod assigned priest to regions and the pyramids were used by them in rituals to their gods. The hieroglyphs were meant for the priest and they were like a secret code to communicate special things.

St. Croix valley

#83446 Mar 28, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Nimrod assigned priest to regions and the pyramids were used by them in rituals to their gods. The hieroglyphs were meant for the priest and they were like a secret code to communicate special things.
yeah, sure...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#83447 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, sure...
OK then; Now I guess we can move on to the next big thing...

St. Croix valley

#83448 Mar 28, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OK then; Now I guess we can move on to the next big thing...
yeah, that fantasy of yours was certainly put to bed...

if you could only have found a shred of evidence to support it...

are you allergic to evidence?
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#83449 Mar 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I am. 64. Currently a supervisor in the networking department of a large public school district. Prior gig as a high school teacher. Also taught at every educational level.
How long has your pension been accruing taxpayer funds without you contributing to it? Just curious. Government pensions in PA have been solely taxpayer funded since 1982.

St. Croix valley

#83450 Mar 28, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
How long has your pension been accruing taxpayer funds without you contributing to it? Just curious. Government pensions in PA have been solely taxpayer funded since 1982.
all of public school teachers' compensation is taxpayer funded. did you have a point?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min Princess Hey 145,250
The letter 'T' (Nov '12) 4 min Doug77 1,095
Big dawg 5 min Big dawg 405
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min Grace Nerissa 35,987
Most of my posts are: 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 5
*=* Hoosier Hillbilly *=* 12 min Hoosier Hillbilly 38
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 15 min Hoosier Hillbilly 6,834
Fergson Police Dept. 26 min TALLYHO 8541 385
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 18,593
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr Krypteia 28,506
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••