Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#83413 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
A biological species is able to reproduce fertile off spring. It is this species term alone that proves ALL species is fixed because inter species breeding does not produce fertile off-spring. This concludes that biological species are fixed.
<quoted text>
The off-spring would be a variation of the parents. This is called a constant variable within a bioogical reproductive species.
In fact...humans and neandertals interbred and produced fertile offspring...

epic fail...

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#83414 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>In fact...humans and neandertals interbred and produced fertile offspring...
epic fail...
...and what species term are you referring to out of the twenty something you have to choose from to validate your point?

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83415 Mar 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good, thanks. And, yes, still at it.
How's the business going?
Business is promosing...still building business credit which I will need to get financing and angle investment for solar farm. Just a matter of time before all is set up.

St. Croix valley

#83416 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
...and what species term are you referring to out of the twenty something you have to choose from to validate your point?
the one that says Neandertals are a different species from homo sapiens...

you know, the right one.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#83417 Mar 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Never happened.
The evidence is everywhere on earth and pyramids were altars to those gods.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83418 Mar 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm good, thanks. And, yes, still at it.
How's the business going?
*Correction (not using spell check just typing and sending)

Business is promising...still building business credit which I will need to get financing and angle investment for solar farm. Just a matter of time before all is set up.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#83419 Mar 28, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The evidence is everywhere on earth and pyramids were altars to those gods.
You're whacked.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#83420 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
*Correction (not using spell check just typing and sending)
Business is promising...still building business credit which I will need to get financing and angle investment for solar farm. Just a matter of time before all is set up.
Well, good luck with it.

St. Croix valley

#83421 Mar 28, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible mentions the language of Canaan and the whole world may have spoken the Canaanite and Phoenician language until Nimrod/Marduk made gods for peope to worship beginning in Babylon and spreading abroad, which caused God to confound their language and seperate them, so they could not understand each other.
then why did they use different hiroglyphics around the planet? i sense a flaw in your fantasy...

St. Croix valley

#83422 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
The fixed species concept is not a religous one when it comes to the origin of species. Second, just because the fixed species concept demands a creator(s) does not mean it's automatically religious. The fixed species concept is based on evidence (biological species term) not un-testable faith.
yet i pointed out where it has been shown to be not true...
Mark

United States

#83423 Mar 28, 2013
They have never found any possible mechanism in the cell to manufacture new data to the DNA. Mindless mutations don't self-think well. The chemical write heads are not there, the processes don't exist. The cell is a closed system with well defined boundaries, the first of which is reproduction.

Simply because parental traits are variables (a special combination of convergence allowed in one sector of the DNA) exist, that's not evolution. In fact, this mechanism points to a creative Designer that allows unique trait's of all kinds to pass to our progeny, without fault.(In my world we call that a blessing). Otherwise, we would be seeing deformity everywhere. Heavens, we have all this fantastic and perfect reproduction going on all around us every minute, correct?

At birth, a perfectly orchestrated sequence of physical events must occur in the infant's body or they (and we) would not survive outside our mother. My challenge to you folk who believe in all this mindless, self-directed, environmentally influenced life-by-accident-and-chance stuff is to explain this transition to us less informed how this all came about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptation_to_ex...

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83424 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the one that says Neandertals are a different species from homo sapiens...
you know, the right one.
The species term you are referring to is un-provable or verifiable by the biological species term I use which is the foundation to my reasoning when I speak of fixed species for the orign of species. Similarity in sheleton structure can be interpreted as common design by the creator(s).

In other words, we both can assume using any species term except the biological species term I am using as the basis to my fixed species concept. I don't base my conclusions off of assunptions.

St. Croix valley

#83425 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
The species term you are referring to is un-provable or verifiable by the biological species term I use which is the foundation to my reasoning when I speak of fixed species for the orign of species. Similarity in sheleton structure can be interpreted as common design by the creator(s).
In other words, we both can assume using any species term except the biological species term I am using as the basis to my fixed species concept. I don't base my conclusions off of assunptions.
so you get to make up your species definition to create a false hypothesis? sorry it doesn't work that way...

St. Croix valley

#83426 Mar 28, 2013
Mark wrote:
They have never found any possible mechanism in the cell to manufacture new data to the DNA. Mindless mutations don't self-think well. The chemical write heads are not there, the processes don't exist. The cell is a closed system with well defined boundaries, the first of which is reproduction.
Simply because parental traits are variables (a special combination of convergence allowed in one sector of the DNA) exist, that's not evolution. In fact, this mechanism points to a creative Designer that allows unique trait's of all kinds to pass to our progeny, without fault.(In my world we call that a blessing). Otherwise, we would be seeing deformity everywhere. Heavens, we have all this fantastic and perfect reproduction going on all around us every minute, correct?
At birth, a perfectly orchestrated sequence of physical events must occur in the infant's body or they (and we) would not survive outside our mother. My challenge to you folk who believe in all this mindless, self-directed, environmentally influenced life-by-accident-and-chance stuff is to explain this transition to us less informed how this all came about.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptation_to_ex...
We know they can get new information from outside the cell, so what's the porblem?

yes, forming a working human in utero is an incredible feat...the fact that such a high percentage of thenm fail and self abort is evidence of this. a god would do better, wouldn't you think?

facde it, your cult lied to you...again..

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83427 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you get to make up your species definition to create a false hypothesis? sorry it doesn't work that way...
I did not make this term up.

http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/ridley/a-z...

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83428 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you get to make up your species definition to create a false hypothesis? sorry it doesn't work that way...
Biological / reproductive species: Two organisms that are able to reproduce naturally to produce fertile offspring of both sexes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species

St. Croix valley

#83429 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not make this term up.
http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/ridley/a-z...
but the term was made up soley to support a false hypothesis.

how 'bout we stick with the real term species that everyone uses?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Level 1

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#83430 Mar 28, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
So again your premise is that primal man in Africa spoke the same language as primal man in China.
Funny that you use mythology as a support for your position but reject the bible. Can you say hypocrite!
not only "spoke" but "wrote"...there is a "pre" sanskrit that is now being found to have existed in locations worldwide.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83431 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
Biological / reproductive species: Two organisms that are able to reproduce naturally to produce fertile offspring of both sexes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species

This is the only species term that is observed in nature and can be tested to prove the origin of species is fixed with no assumptions.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83432 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>but the term was made up soley to support a false hypothesis.
how 'bout we stick with the real term species that everyone uses?
The most widely accepted term is the one I am using.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 1 min Princess Hey 7,400
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 6 min Princess Hey 334
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 6 min Analog man 77,661
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 55,272
Keystone XL Pipeline 12 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 16 min Harrison Freebird 24,109
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 28 min Parden Pard 4,109
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 152,513
Is it possible to....... 5 hr CJ Rocker 578
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 6 hr Mega Monster 7,582