Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 195280 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#83434 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>then why did they use different hiroglyphics around the planet? i sense a flaw in your fantasy...
Derived from a common origin and guess where!
HOG_Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#83435 Mar 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Because refining our understanding of reality is evil.
/sarcasm
You probably meant something by that...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#83436 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
The most universally accepted species concept is the idea of the biological species.
http://evolution.about.com/od/Terms-O-Z/a/The...
I go by the one everyone accepts.
the one where two separate species of hominids produced fertile offspring?

St. Croix valley

#83437 Mar 28, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Derived from a common origin and guess where!
If all the people around the Earth used the same language, as you stated, why would their hiroglyphics vbe so different.

Occam's razor just cut that theory to shreds. Want a Styptic pencil?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#83438 Mar 28, 2013
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably meant something by that...
I did but it loses something if I have to explain it. In any event, it was in response to your swipe at science. Sorry it went over your head. I'll remember to be more direct in the future.
Mark

United States

#83439 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You can barely make more than one post a day without a bunch of typos and displaying linguistic ignorance, I an not convinced that your assertion here is at all close to reality.
"I an" Kit?

My excuse is that "The Dude" told me I was a mutant, I told my wife that and I landed on the couch. So I had nothing else to do but write you folks @ 3am..

At least you can have the piece of mind that no reproductions of me will come along if this keeps up..

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#83440 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Biological / reproductive species: Two organisms that are able to reproduce naturally to produce fertile offspring of both sexes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species
This is the only species term that is observed in nature and can be tested to prove the origin of species is fixed with no assumptions.
Actually it can be tested in nature to prove evolution with no assumptions.

Nah, I am just being a bit snarky there. In fact all science has some assumptions at its base. Even your stupid idea has an assumption at its base.

And very often they can be tested. The fact that there are Ring Species blows your assumption clean out of the water and is very strong evidence for evolution.

So come back when you have another idea, this one failed.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#83441 Mar 28, 2013
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>You probably meant something by that...
You're talking to the hand there. Don't waste your time. lol
Patriot

Antioch, TN

#83442 Mar 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations, you just contradicted yourself.
<quoted text>
You don't have His Word. The ONLY person who ever did was Moses. And even that was hearsay.
<quoted text>
No it isn't. That's why you lied. You don't give a crud about God, all you care about is shunning anyone and anything that doesn't fall in line with your baseless religious opinions then assume you can repent after you're dead so you can get into paradise.(shrug)
Moses was mediator between God and Israel back in his day.Gal 3:19,Deut 5:5,33:2 Acts 7:53. I have contradicted nothing

St. Croix valley

#83443 Mar 28, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Moses was mediator between God and Israel back in his day.Gal 3:19,Deut 5:5,33:2 Acts 7:53. I have contradicted nothing
yeah...back when your mythical god told Moses it was OK to own other human beings...

your cult lied to you...again...
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#83444 Mar 28, 2013
Creation HAS been proven!!
They CREATED a fictious being and sold it to the masses and two thousand years later religion is still the most profitable business in the world.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#83445 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>then why did they use different hiroglyphics around the planet? i sense a flaw in your fantasy...
Nimrod assigned priest to regions and the pyramids were used by them in rituals to their gods. The hieroglyphs were meant for the priest and they were like a secret code to communicate special things.

St. Croix valley

#83446 Mar 28, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Nimrod assigned priest to regions and the pyramids were used by them in rituals to their gods. The hieroglyphs were meant for the priest and they were like a secret code to communicate special things.
yeah, sure...
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#83447 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, sure...
OK then; Now I guess we can move on to the next big thing...

St. Croix valley

#83448 Mar 28, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>OK then; Now I guess we can move on to the next big thing...
yeah, that fantasy of yours was certainly put to bed...

if you could only have found a shred of evidence to support it...

are you allergic to evidence?
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#83449 Mar 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I am. 64. Currently a supervisor in the networking department of a large public school district. Prior gig as a high school teacher. Also taught at every educational level.
How long has your pension been accruing taxpayer funds without you contributing to it? Just curious. Government pensions in PA have been solely taxpayer funded since 1982.

St. Croix valley

#83450 Mar 28, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
How long has your pension been accruing taxpayer funds without you contributing to it? Just curious. Government pensions in PA have been solely taxpayer funded since 1982.
all of public school teachers' compensation is taxpayer funded. did you have a point?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#83451 Mar 28, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can attempt to answer every point to argue for your self-designed earth, moon, sun, geology, atmosphere, water and life if you wish.
I didn't say that it was "self" designed, only that no one appears to have designed it. You provide no evidence, just wishful religious thinking. You assume your conclusion in your premise.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
But each require convergence, convergence demands design, design demands a Designer. But you claim it all comes by mindless accidents? thatís functional, beautiful, original, and operational?
Bullshit Christian word games. "Requires convergence"? Who says? And WTH does that even MEAN?

The earth, moon, geology, stars etc. all came together according to the "convergence" of the extent laws of nature at the time, chiefly gravity in the case of the cosmological features.

Design may demand a designer, but first you need to prove anything was "designed." No luck so far. Arguments form incredulity don;t go very far with intelligent, educated opponents.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The seas of earth would be a stagnate pond of sticky algae if it wasnít for the moon being the perfect size and in the orbit itís in. The tilt of the earth gives us seasons, the sun warmth and on and on.. Convergent Design!
No it's just the way things have happened. Life arose on the planet(s) where it can live. It has not arisen on worlds too close or too far away, etc. That's just reality. To claim that this is somehow proof of a divine deity overseeing everything is just silly.

If things had been different, life AS WE KNOW IT would not have arisen here. It might have arisen in some other form, or it probably has arisen in many places all around the universe.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
But with all the efforts of human "science", we can't even make a single human hair, we can't explain or replicate photosynthesis, nor make a single blade of grass in all the laboratories of the world! Yet we mock God while we enjoy all that allows us life, how sad, how foolish we are!
Now you are just preaching, not talking SCIENCE. And really, no one is interested in your beliefs.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The evolutionist side lives on isotope dating because some samples provide the ages they agree with.
So much BS here. The age of the earth and the universe and biological evolution are all different issues. And there are MULTIPLE streams of data for EACH of the above phenomena that "converge" on the answer of "Old Earth" and "species evolve one from the other."
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
On our side, we have to often use a third party carrier to get samples through to a lab, why?, because they donít want us to get the ammunition!
Err, no, it's because you lying Jesus Freaks have been caught manipulating samples and deliberately sending false samples on multiple occasions in order to get the results you want in advance.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
We worked on this subject for 5 years and faced the facts straight out but the results were ignored.(Rate Project).
You didn't try to publish them in respected, peer-reviewed scientific journals, but instead relied on triumphant tours of fundamentalist Christian churches. What kind of "science" is that? LOL!

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#83452 Mar 28, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
15 years. I get your point. In Florida it was considered compensation for a relatively low salary. We have to contribute now.

I don't know of anyone getting the 'golden parachute' I keep hearing about.

Were you referring to SERS or PSERS?(I once built an access control system for PSERS in Harrisburg)
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#83453 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>all of public school teachers' compensation is taxpayer funded. did you have a point?
NOOOOOOOO, of course, I only discussed that because that is Mike's profession. In 1982 ALL government workers, shovel leaners, sign holders Penndot workers, court attendents, all of them ended up with solely taxpayer funded pensions. Available to be collected after only 8-15 years on the job. Gee, no wonder the states are going bankrupt. Of course, you collect your fair share, don't you woody.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min wichita-rick 189,141
What Can Be Checked? (Jun '15) 3 min greymouser 118
One Word (Jan '09) 9 min andet1987 15,124
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 11 min andet1987 2,402
Is the sale of Girl Scout cookies a scam? (Jan '10) 13 min UnderstandPeople 116
7 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 13 min andet1987 1,154
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 19 min andet1987 1,996
Answer a question with a question (Apr '15) 34 min Princess Hey 1,736
Transgender bathrooms .... thoughts? 50 min Live Love and Laugh 27
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 3 hr UnderstandPeople 31,893
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 hr 8541 MARINE 55,665
More from around the web