Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#83393 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have something other than your own blogs? Like, actual facts?
So where did the first language come from? There are no clear clues. We do know that language is quite old. The earliest record of language is 6000 years old (about 3500 B.C. Sumerian, an area now known as southern Iraq.)

http://emedia.leeward.hawaii.edu/hurley/Ling1...

do you have something other than your opinions? I thought not
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#83394 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have something other than your own blogs? Like, actual facts?
BTW since you probably failed geography like most other subjects that you attempt to enter into, Iraq is not quite Africa.
Mark

United States

#83395 Mar 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Oh, and the North and South American tribes of 4350 years ago (or any years ago) never saw a flood either.
I read the recorded testimony of the leading Alaskan Athabaskan chief at the time, as taken by the district Judge Wickersham in about 1900 of their flood story, the "big canoe story" etc.. Its all in Wickershams autobiography

Same for the Shoshone, I can check with some other tribes here and Canada, but that whittles down North America some on your comment.

How come there are Redwood stumps 10ft in dia. in Antarctica and when we drill on the North slope (for oil) we hit a biomass layer down deep with huge warm climate ferns and other fauna/flora? What covered them 500ft+ down, a local flood? We have fossil mega fauna there also, shells 3ft in dia etc.? For sure we must agree that the world at some earlier date had a uniform pole to pole temp that was warm. They omitted that stuff in my college geo/ classes, doesn't fit well. Quite an ommission however!

I will take a shot and postulate from the Bible a moment - how about a "very good" earth? Does that evidence make me a crackpot, I think not, actually, It woke me up.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#83396 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I just pointed out that sometimes mythology can be a hazy mirror to ancient history. If getting some small things correct made the myths true, then Spiderman would be real as well.
What do you mean "primal in Africa" and "primal in China?" Humans started in Africa, all humans did, the first language was likely some primitive vocalizations and gestures with very few "words" and almost no structure at all, but it was still a language. Other apes also have languages, very primitive that never mature without being introduced to human languages, but they do have languages. Even cats have languages, birds, reptiles, they all have very primitive languages.
Sheesh, it's like trying to teach a first year student the entire works of Shakespear before they can even read.
Out of Africa? Data Fail to Support Language Origin in Africa

Feb. 15, 2012 In the beginning was the word -- yes, but where exactly? Last year, Quentin Atkinson, a cultural anthropologist at Auckland University in New Zealand, proposed that the cradle of language could be localized in the southwest of Africa. The report, which appeared in Science, was seized upon by the media and caused something of a sensation. Now however, LMU linguist Michael Cysouw has published a commentary in Science which argues that this neat "Out-of-Africa" hypothesis for the origin of language is not adequately supported by the data presented. The search for the site of origin of language remains very much alive.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/02/...

Get an education Klutter and stop claiming one. You will possibly look less foolish even if you're not.

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#83397 Mar 28, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your post,but no thanks think I've read enough on here to understand zealots are everywhere..
I'm not a zealot, I think outside of the box when it comes to the origin of species. I am not religious either. Just because I accept a creator(s) when it comes to the origin of species does not mean I am a religous zealot. I have yet determined the origin of species true origin on planet earth, but I have narrowed it down to two possible answers based on the biological species term. So my findings are based in the realms of science because my method of seeking for the truth is based on the evidence I observe in nature.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#83398 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since you haven't actually learned any of it, your entire assertion here is discarded like your mythology.
What? The assertion that some scientific beliefs are, and could be wrong?

Of course you disregard any ideas that question your science cult mentality.

I wouldn't expect anything less.lol

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#83399 Mar 28, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Are you again, 100 % error free?

How error free I may or may not be has no bearing at all on the errors in the bible. You've admitted that the bible is in error when it claimed the flood was global. Can't back out of it now, Chuckles.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83400 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying there is some magical barrier that prevents these very small changes from accumulating ... that's magic, not science.
The biological species cncept is not magic, it's a scientific term that lays the foundatin to a fixed biological reproductive species when it comes to their origins. It's based on pure observation from which I can draw a conclusion on the origin of species. No magic, no faith no religion.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#83401 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
I'm not religous and I don't support documented religious views. I do accept the non-religious concept of fixed species when it comes to the origin of species. Instead of descent with modification I see common desegn. I base this conclusion on the biological reproductive species term which states a species reproduce the same fertile off-spring species.
Well, speak of the devil! We were just talking about you. How's it going, Curtis?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#83402 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
This is called a constant variable...
WTF?

Still the same old Curtis, I see.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#83403 Mar 28, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
A very sharp team was on that committee. Look into it.
I have. Several times. And I know why it was bullshit. Do you?
Mark wrote:
Evo's will never publish multiple dating systems in their lit., it gets too complicated for them to also explain the lack of concordant dating results, in addition to their theme. We are supposed to blindly accept the data which is often +/- mils/Y because we are suppose to trust peer review. The fox watching the hen-house issue. I am not saying they purposely lie, its dogma.
Believe what you like. You know, like RATE.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#83404 Mar 28, 2013
The Bible mentions the language of Canaan and the whole world may have spoken the Canaanite and Phoenician language until Nimrod/Marduk made gods for peope to worship beginning in Babylon and spreading abroad, which caused God to confound their language and seperate them, so they could not understand each other.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#83405 Mar 28, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The Bible mentions the language of Canaan and the whole world may have spoken the Canaanite and Phoenician language until Nimrod/Marduk made gods for peope to worship beginning in Babylon and spreading abroad, which caused God to confound their language and seperate them, so they could not understand each other.
The tower of Babel is hardly a realistic explanation for the origin of language.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#83406 Mar 28, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Never happened.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#83407 Mar 28, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony meter go booooooooommm.
How many is that now?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#83408 Mar 28, 2013
Here ya go, Mark:
http://www.oldearth.org/rate_index.htm

Even creationists know RATE was crap.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83409 Mar 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
Still the same old Curtis, I see.
Yeap, just expanding on my journey. How you been, and I see you are still at it.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#83410 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeap, just expanding on my journey. How you been, and I see you are still at it.
I'm good, thanks. And, yes, still at it.

How's the business going?

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83411 Mar 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, speak of the devil! We were just talking about you. How's it going, Curtis?
LOL! I am doing fine, decided to come back and see how people would react and answer to my concepts on the origin of species. How you and your crew being doing?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#83412 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You can barely make more than one post a day without a bunch of typos and displaying linguistic ignorance, I an not convinced that your assertion here is at all close to reality.
yeah, the bullshit meter peaked on that one for me too...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 4 min CJ Rocker 26,028
Who do you trust on offbeat ? (Sep '12) 5 min Bree_Z 208
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min CJ Rocker 147,593
Topix 9 min It's Only Me 6
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 13 min ---Word Woman--- 21,266
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 21 min Nobody 2 Special 4,977
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 26 min Nobody 2 Special 2,126
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 56 min ZkyClank 6,361
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 2 hr PFfff 6
Cows Really Don't Like Cowbells, Study Finds 3 hr Rose of Tralee 47