Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#83373 Mar 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
What is the evidence for fixed species?

A biological species is able to reproduce fertile off spring. It is this species term alone that proves ALL species is fixed because inter species breeding does not produce fertile off-spring. This concludes that biological species are fixed.
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that offspring will have exactly the same DNA as its parents?
The off-spring would be a variation of the parents. This is called a constant variable within a bioogical reproductive species.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Patagonia

#83374 Mar 28, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Research Raises Doubts About Whether Modern Humans and Neanderthals Interbred
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/08/...
Reading the piece I couldn't help but think; that still works to the advantage of us atheists.

It HAS been thought for quite awhile now that we Homo-sapiens and Homo-neanderthalensis came from the same ancestor. It is thought, but not proven yet, that Homo-heidelbergensis was that common ancestor. Go to Wikipedia and look for drawings of that ancestor.

Go to MIT site for more info:
Sankararaman and co say that by this measure, humans and Neanderthals must have shared their genes between 47,000 and 65,000 years ago, well after the exodus from Africa.

So, again we are tied into prior Homo species and we ARE in the line of great apes.

That’s good evidence for the first theory that humans and Neanderthals enjoyed one almighty love-in about 50,000 years ago in Europe, although the real story is probably one of rape and pillage rather than of peace and love.

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/428880/g...

Don't you just love science??

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#83375 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
A biological species is able to reproduce fertile off spring. It is this species term alone that proves ALL species is fixed because inter species breeding does not produce fertile off-spring. This concludes that biological species are fixed.
<quoted text>
The off-spring would be a variation of the parents. This is called a constant variable within a bioogical reproductive species.
What!?

No.

You, sir or madam, are an idiot.

I asked for evidence, not nonsense.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83376 Mar 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
My facts are based on reproducible and well attested science. I don't give a crap whether you believe or accept it.
The fact that we all (mostly) carry a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood is observable in the lab makes your argument superfluous.
Also there is this thing in the laws of most countries called circumstantial evidence. Its been used to put many people in prisons.
You are using a very old and useless creationist meme.'How do you know, were you there'??
We weren't there, but we know Adam and Eve as written in the Bible never existed.
Biological reproductive species is an observed phenomena in nature on how a species is created at birth. Your other man made species terms does not show how a species is created at birth in nature. Its just a concept made up by a man.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83377 Mar 28, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What!?
No.
You, sir or madam, are an idiot.
I asked for evidence, not nonsense.
You don't have to accept the evidence but it is there.
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#83378 Mar 28, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Krypteria, as MikeF suggested above,**IF** you are truely interested in being educated (hopefully in scientific fact), stick around.
It can be educational and informative.
Thanks for your post,but no thanks think I've read enough on here to understand zealots are everywhere..

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#83379 Mar 28, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your post,but no thanks think I've read enough on here to understand zealots are everywhere..
The "zeal" that compells me to participate here is my fervent desire that science in public schools remain free of religious mythology.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#83380 Mar 28, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true but they are still the same biological reproductive species and they still remain the same biological species. The laws of nature are fixed and never changes and it is this law that governs biological reproductive species which are fixed.
So you are saying there is some magical barrier that prevents these very small changes from accumulating ... that's magic, not science.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#83381 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying there is some magical barrier that prevents these very small changes from accumulating ... that's magic, not science.
Are you still claiming that all humans at one time spoke the same language? That's not critical thinking ... that's just stupid

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#83382 Mar 28, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still claiming that all humans at one time spoke the same language? That's not critical thinking ... that's just stupid
I did not mention language in the post you are responding to, did you even read it?

But yes, even in most mythology there was once a single world wide language ... because humans didn't always cover the globe. Like organisms and DNA, language evolves in much the same way.
Mark

United States

#83383 Mar 28, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! The RATE bullshit. I knew that was going to come up sooner or later. It's deja vu all over again.
A very sharp team was on that committee. Look into it. Evo's will never publish multiple dating systems in their lit., it gets too complicated for them to also explain the lack of concordant dating results, in addition to their theme. We are supposed to blindly accept the data which is often +/- mils/Y because we are suppose to trust peer review. The fox watching the hen-house issue. I am not saying they purposely lie, its dogma.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#83384 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not mention language in the post you are responding to, did you even read it?
But yes, even in most mythology there was once a single world wide language ... because humans didn't always cover the globe. Like organisms and DNA, language evolves in much the same way.
So again your premise is that primal man in Africa spoke the same language as primal man in China.

Funny that you use mythology as a support for your position but reject the bible. Can you say hypocrite!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#83385 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Just in case you forgot your own words:

Kitchen Klutter #82944
Tuesday

If I we you I would attempt to forget the blather that you spew as well.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#83386 Mar 28, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
So again your premise is that primal man in Africa spoke the same language as primal man in China.
Funny that you use mythology as a support for your position but reject the bible. Can you say hypocrite!
Actually, I just pointed out that sometimes mythology can be a hazy mirror to ancient history. If getting some small things correct made the myths true, then Spiderman would be real as well.

What do you mean "primal in Africa" and "primal in China?" Humans started in Africa, all humans did, the first language was likely some primitive vocalizations and gestures with very few "words" and almost no structure at all, but it was still a language. Other apes also have languages, very primitive that never mature without being introduced to human languages, but they do have languages. Even cats have languages, birds, reptiles, they all have very primitive languages.

Sheesh, it's like trying to teach a first year student the entire works of Shakespear before they can even read.
Mark

United States

#83387 Mar 28, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, none of that demands a designer.
if you had really gone to university, you would know that kind of reasoning and research would get you and automatic "F".
try something above third grade level thinking...
Hey, I got A's and my 2 geo profs converted to catastrophism, one wanted to offered me time as a guest speaker. Don't you wish!

On another subject, do you know where Hungry Jack lake is?? Had a great walleye trip there, boy do I remember that feed! Never had a better fresh water fish meal.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#83388 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I just pointed out that sometimes mythology can be a hazy mirror to ancient history. If getting some small things correct made the myths true, then Spiderman would be real as well.
What do you mean "primal in Africa" and "primal in China?" Humans started in Africa, all humans did, the first language was likely some primitive vocalizations and gestures with very few "words" and almost no structure at all, but it was still a language. Other apes also have languages, very primitive that never mature without being introduced to human languages, but they do have languages. Even cats have languages, birds, reptiles, they all have very primitive languages.
Sheesh, it's like trying to teach a first year student the entire works of Shakespear before they can even read.
Keep making it up as you go Klutter

However, the existing state of human language nevertheless suggests that the variety of dialects and sub-languages has developed from a relatively few (perhaps even less than twenty) languages. These original ‘proto-languages’—from which all others allegedly have developed—were distinct within themselves, with no previous ancestral language.

http://www.trueorigin.org/language01.asp

Try facts once in a while rather than you abysmal opinions, conjecture and your belief that you are actually educated.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#83389 Mar 28, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I got A's and my 2 geo profs converted to catastrophism, one wanted to offered me time as a guest speaker. Don't you wish!
On another subject, do you know where Hungry Jack lake is?? Had a great walleye trip there, boy do I remember that feed! Never had a better fresh water fish meal.
You can barely make more than one post a day without a bunch of typos and displaying linguistic ignorance, I an not convinced that your assertion here is at all close to reality.

“This is the other side”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#83390 Mar 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading the piece I couldn't help but think; that still works to the advantage of us atheists.
It HAS been thought for quite awhile now that we Homo-sapiens and Homo-neanderthalensis came from the same ancestor. It is thought, but not proven yet, that Homo-heidelbergensis was that common ancestor. Go to Wikipedia and look for drawings of that ancestor.
Go to MIT site for more info:
Sankararaman and co say that by this measure, humans and Neanderthals must have shared their genes between 47,000 and 65,000 years ago, well after the exodus from Africa.
So, again we are tied into prior Homo species and we ARE in the line of great apes.
That’s good evidence for the first theory that humans and Neanderthals enjoyed one almighty love-in about 50,000 years ago in Europe, although the real story is probably one of rape and pillage rather than of peace and love.
http://www.technologyreview.com/view/428880/g...
Don't you just love science??
The only point I was making was the uncertainty of accepted science mis-conceptions.
If such wide spread false beliefs in science are held without question, then all you have is scientific supported propagated dogma,not truth.
Although many are happy excepting such dogma as "real" because it make for good "political" science, there are some who do actually seek out the true facts, and are not afraid to go against the grain to get them.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#83391 Mar 28, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep making it up as you go Klutter
However, the existing state of human language nevertheless suggests that the variety of dialects and sub-languages has developed from a relatively few (perhaps even less than twenty) languages. These original ‘proto-languages’—from which all others allegedly have developed—were distinct within themselves, with no previous ancestral language.
http://www.trueorigin.org/language01.asp
Try facts once in a while rather than you abysmal opinions, conjecture and your belief that you are actually educated.
Do you have something other than your own blogs? Like, actual facts?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#83392 Mar 28, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The only point I was making was the uncertainty of accepted science mis-conceptions.
If such wide spread false beliefs in science are held without question, then all you have is scientific supported propagated dogma,not truth.
Although many are happy excepting such dogma as "real" because it make for good "political" science, there are some who do actually seek out the true facts, and are not afraid to go against the grain to get them.
Well, since you haven't actually learned any of it, your entire assertion here is discarded like your mythology.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 11 min Trouser Cough 40,408
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 12 min -Lily- 2,522
What's your tip for the day? 18 min a_visitor 1,210
"The KISSING BOOTH: - Who Would You Most Like t... (Apr '13) 20 min t 1,575
What Turns You On? (Oct '10) 23 min t 2,184
Super drunk woman arrested, mistook jail for bar 25 min t 4
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 26 min Here-Kitty 137,891
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 27 min a_visitor 24
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 42 min sunshine 22,209
True or False Game 1 hr Sublime1 348