Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,935)

Showing posts 78,681 - 78,700 of111,744
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And explained BY peasants at the time...
it was peasants that made these stories up...
Mark

Corvallis, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
As above, you hold to the sensitive spot hypothesis leading to eye development. This is a tough sell on the geologic chart, where trilobites at the bottom sport eyes found to be very complex, can even correct for underwater aberrations. No transitionals' have been found supporting the magical concept of softspot to eyes. For your theory to be proved there should have been thousands and adaptive types as you claim, but there are none, and the cell's closed mechanism doesn't support it. Yes, if I repeatedly show pictures of such a tale to a trusting child they will eventually believe it. Thatís your brainwashing, and those who practice it will one day pay the price for it. Utter foolishness!
I think you have missed or ignored my point regarding the past study of fruit flys in attempting to generate positive mutations in the DNA. I repeat for you - after thousands of said generations (to speed up generational time)being observed in controlled tests, the concept of evolution failed to produce any such needed changes at all. So what is observed in the cell mechanism is what we get. You assert that that's not enough time, time, time the magical maker!
Variation in pure "Kind" gene pools is a different matter and is often interpreted or proposed as evolution, but is macroevolution. That doesn't provide the evolutionary leap of an opossum to a lemur that can reproduce,(which is exactly what current human evolution lineage drawings show). Evolutionist now claim this all happened quickly out if sight somehow, leaving no evidence. Wishful thinking.
A correction to the last paragraph, "macroevolution should be "microevolution".
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No. i never said any such thing, CBOW...why do you have to lie about others so much?
what a freakin' bald-faced liar...
CBOW? Lying? A believer in God and the Ten Commandments (presumably the 9th too)?

I'm shocked. Shocked I say.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
We know there was a really big flood in the Mesopotamian area around 2900 BC, and this is PROBABLY the one the myths were made about. Not world-wide, but pretty damn big.
No. The ancients thought that, the flood was global, due to its occurrence.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Darwin turn to Christianity towards the end of his life..
Do you belief we stem from the apes.if so why are there still apes/monkeys?,taking evolution as what it is..
Like I said before I keep my options open..
No, towards the end of his life he was a raging agnostic...he died a non-believer. Look up his biography

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we DO know when the universe came into being Charles.
We definitely know it WASN'T 6,000 years ago.
Your projections also, is wrong.
I million years, 50, 000 years, etc, are all farce.

Level 9

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Darwin turn to Christianity towards the end of his life..
Do you belief we stem from the apes.if so why are there still apes/monkeys?,taking evolution as what it is..
Like I said before I keep my options open..
You write:
"Do you belief we stem from the apes.if so why are there still apes/monkeys?,

I came from Scots and Irish....why are there still Scots and Irish?

You picked the absolute stupidest creationist reply ever thought up.

Sorry for your beliefs, but its proven we did evolve from the great ape line....the bones and the DNA agree. Read some science my friend.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just dodging your own assertion now.
I am saying that, you are clueless.
No connections what so ever linking humans and apes, to date.

Level 9

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No. The ancients thought that, the flood was global, due to its occurrence.
No Charles, there never was a world-wide flood....proven.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to have to explain this 'first man and woman' to me.
Family Tree!
Are you against that?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Family Tree!
Are you against that?
Well, the frist animal was most likely a sea anemone..that has branches..kinda...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
CBOW? Lying? A believer in God and the Ten Commandments (presumably the 9th too)?
I'm shocked. Shocked I say.
it must be god's will that she lies so much...

kind of like when god said it is OK to kill people that don't believe in him...
Krypteia

Uckfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"Do you belief we stem from the apes.if so why are there still apes/monkeys?,
I came from Scots and Irish....why are there still Scots and Irish?
You picked the absolute stupidest creationist reply ever thought up.
Sorry for your beliefs, but its proven we did evolve from the great ape line....the bones and the DNA agree. Read some science my friend.
Really?i was asking a simple question about evolution there was no need to get all superior and insulting,just like the other poster about Darwin,I happen to have read that he turned to Christianity towards the end of his life,apparently I got it wrong,so instead of saying so I got called a fundi and so on by someone who thinks he's a smart arse,I never once said I was a Christian practicing or not,I was simply asking questions..
But as I can see the level and type of people on here I'll bid you and the others good day..

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Really?i was asking a simple question about evolution there was no need to get all superior and insulting,just like the other poster about Darwin,I happen to have read that he turned to Christianity towards the end of his life,apparently I got it wrong,so instead of saying so I got called a fundi and so on by someone who thinks he's a smart arse,I never once said I was a Christian practicing or not,I was simply asking questions..
But as I can see the level and type of people on here I'll bid you and the others good day..
so why did you post such an ignorant satatement in support of your position?

questions are far better when in doubt.

as to apes, both humans and apes came from a common ancestor, apes did not turn into humans...this is 6th grade level stuff.
Mark

Corvallis, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
Look up the Sharpshooter Fallacy. You are committing it at the moment.
You can attempt to answer every point to argue for your self-designed earth, moon, sun, geology, atmosphere, water and life if you wish. But each require convergence, convergence demands design, design demands a Designer. But you claim it all comes by mindless accidents? thatís functional, beautiful, original, and operational? Never in human experience does such convergence come by accident. The seas of earth would be a stagnate pond of sticky algae if it wasnít for the moon being the perfect size and in the orbit itís in. The tilt of the earth gives us seasons, the sun warmth and on and on.. Convergent Design! But with all the efforts of human "science", we can't even make a single human hair, we can't explain or replicate photosynthesis, nor make a single blade of grass in all the laboratories of the world! Yet we mock God while we enjoy all that allows us life, how sad, how foolish we are!
The evolutionist side lives on isotope dating because some samples provide the ages they agree with. There are many, many contradictions however. Ones that starkly donít fit the geologic column or the current dogma often get thrown out. Sometimes honest authors get them published hidden in the tables to escape the all -seeing eyes of the pro-evolutionist peer review teams. In truth, most uniform time measurements contradict long-age techniques, but guess who wins! You will almost never see concordant isotope clocks agree with themselves nor uniform dates (based on fossils/strata) nor will you see them all published together. On our side, we have to often use a third party carrier to get samples through to a lab, why?, because they donít want us to get the ammunition! We worked on this subject for 5 years and faced the facts straight out but the results were ignored.(Rate Project).

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then which country did Latin come from? Lata?
Dunno.

But Norwegian comes from Norwegia.

And Canadians are from Canadia.
Mark

Corvallis, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, if you wanna misrepresent reality:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_crea...
<quoted text>
Keep beating up that random chance straw-man Marky.
<quoted text>
It's called mutation. Your incredulity still isn't a valid objection.
They couldn't get it done in the lab so they just keep selling it in the articles, movies and textbooks. So we are all mutants? I will tell my wife that - couch time tonight!

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can attempt to answer every point to argue for your self-designed earth, moon, sun, geology, atmosphere, water and life if you wish. But each require convergence, convergence demands design, design demands a Designer. But you claim it all comes by mindless accidents? thatís functional, beautiful, original, and operational? Never in human experience does such convergence come by accident. The seas of earth would be a stagnate pond of sticky algae if it wasnít for the moon being the perfect size and in the orbit itís in. The tilt of the earth gives us seasons, the sun warmth and on and on.. Convergent Design! But with all the efforts of human "science", we can't even make a single human hair, we can't explain or replicate photosynthesis, nor make a single blade of grass in all the laboratories of the world! Yet we mock God while we enjoy all that allows us life, how sad, how foolish we are!
The evolutionist side lives on isotope dating because some samples provide the ages they agree with. There are many, many contradictions however. Ones that starkly donít fit the geologic column or the current dogma often get thrown out. Sometimes honest authors get them published hidden in the tables to escape the all -seeing eyes of the pro-evolutionist peer review teams. In truth, most uniform time measurements contradict long-age techniques, but guess who wins! You will almost never see concordant isotope clocks agree with themselves nor uniform dates (based on fossils/strata) nor will you see them all published together. On our side, we have to often use a third party carrier to get samples through to a lab, why?, because they donít want us to get the ammunition! We worked on this subject for 5 years and faced the facts straight out but the results were ignored.(Rate Project).
No, none of that demands a designer.

if you had really gone to university, you would know that kind of reasoning and research would get you and automatic "F".

try something above third grade level thinking...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>See Rom 11:10. also take heed Eph 4:18"Having the understanding darkened being alienated from the life of God thorugh the ignorance is in them because of the blindness of their heart" That describes perfectly one who scoffs at God's word.
*sigh*

You know this perfectly well, but you keep avoiding it: folklore is not evidence.
Krypteia

Uckfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so why did you post such an ignorant satatement in support of your position?
questions are far better when in doubt.
as to apes, both humans and apes came from a common ancestor, apes did not turn into humans...this is 6th grade level stuff.
Ignorant?,yep that sums it up,I asked a simply set of questions then was going to ask another set to the practicing Christians,if you look at one of my posts on Adam and Eve I commented on..
Lol.6th grade,what ever that is,strange that theories and so on about anything can change in a blink of an eye.,a bit like global warming now it's climate change one way or other a zealot will always be a zealot..
I won't insult you,just bid you good day and won't bother you on here again..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,681 - 78,700 of111,744
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••