Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#83352 Mar 27, 2013
I'm not religous and I don't support documented religious views. I do accept the non-religious concept of fixed species when it comes to the origin of species. Instead of descent with modification I see common desegn. I base this conclusion on the biological reproductive species term which states a species reproduce the same fertile off-spring species.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#83353 Mar 27, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
I'm not religous and I don't support documented religious views. I do accept the non-religious concept of fixed species when it comes to the origin of species. Instead of descent with modification I see common desegn. I base this conclusion on the biological reproductive species term which states a species reproduce the same fertile off-spring species.
When you say that you are not religious then claim a designer it seems to me that you are contradicting yourself.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Patagonia

#83354 Mar 27, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
How do you feel about the fact that our ancestors mated with neanderthals and the connection that that makes with the prior Homo species. And that we non-Africans carry a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood

Level 9

Patagonia

#83355 Mar 27, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. The real world is more like a game. I'm doing good and I'm playin. ;-)
Glad to know you're doing well Cybele.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#83357 Mar 27, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Let's see, you post an article about science from the lifestyle section ... strike one.

Roger is really just a fancy mathematician, actually, who's assertion of the "soul" or that "physics is not adequate for explaining consciousness" (duh)... is not supported by a peer reviewed paper at all, he just wrote a book about it to sell to gullible people.

Stuart is a physician ... specializing in anesthesiology ... and he has no peer reviewed paper with that assertion either.

That's three strikes, just for fun ... let's continue.

The article calls it a theory ... when it's just a hypothesis and an assertion that ignores a lot of research done in neurology. There's a reason we don't allow mathematicians do brain surgery and why anesthesiologists, part time psychologists, don't understand the advances of artificial intelligence. Luckily, intelligent people actually judge the artificial intelligence challenges and projects, if these two were involved Siri wouldn't have even been written.

Learn how to do research, I didn't even get that far into the article and already destroyed the stupid in it.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83358 Mar 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
When you say that you are not religious then claim a designer it seems to me that you are contradicting yourself.
The fixed species concept is not a religous one when it comes to the origin of species. Second, just because the fixed species concept demands a creator(s) does not mean it's automatically religious. The fixed species concept is based on evidence (biological species term) not un-testable faith.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83359 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you feel about the fact that our ancestors mated with neanderthals and the connection that that makes with the prior Homo species. And that we non-Africans carry a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood
Your facts is based on contradictory un-observed data when when it comes to the biological reproductive species term. This is the only species term I accept in biology. A biological reproductive species is only able to reproduce fertile off-spring of the same species and this reproductive process is fixed which prevents the rise of a new biological species.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#83360 Mar 27, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
The fixed species concept is not a religous one when it comes to the origin of species. Second, just because the fixed species concept demands a creator(s) does not mean it's automatically religious. The fixed species concept is based on evidence (biological species term) not un-testable faith.
Um, no, it's still called creationism, and it is based on denying a lot of evidence ... like the entire fossil record.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#83361 Mar 27, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Your facts is based on contradictory un-observed data when when it comes to the biological reproductive species term. This is the only species term I accept in biology. A biological reproductive species is only able to reproduce fertile off-spring of the same species and this reproductive process is fixed which prevents the rise of a new biological species.
But the offspring is always different than the parents.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83362 Mar 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, no, it's still called creationism, and it is based on denying a lot of evidence ... like the entire fossil record.
The fossil record cannot be tested with the biological species term. Any other species term is based on pure assumption by saying similarity of different species in the fossil record means descent with modification The fixed species concept observes common design for similarity found in the fossil record. I only accept the biological species term and this term shows by observation biological species are fixed.

“This is the other side”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#83363 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Research Raises Doubts About Whether Modern Humans and Neanderthals Interbred

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/08/...

“This is the other side”

Location hidden

#83364 Mar 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, you post an article about science from the lifestyle section ... strike one.
Roger is really just a fancy mathematician, actually, who's assertion of the "soul" or that "physics is not adequate for explaining consciousness" (duh)... is not supported by a peer reviewed paper at all, he just wrote a book about it to sell to gullible people.
Stuart is a physician ... specializing in anesthesiology ... and he has no peer reviewed paper with that assertion either.
That's three strikes, just for fun ... let's continue.
The article calls it a theory ... when it's just a hypothesis and an assertion that ignores a lot of research done in neurology. There's a reason we don't allow mathematicians do brain surgery and why anesthesiologists, part time psychologists, don't understand the advances of artificial intelligence. Luckily, intelligent people actually judge the artificial intelligence challenges and projects, if these two were involved Siri wouldn't have even been written.
Learn how to do research, I didn't even get that far into the article and already destroyed the stupid in it.
your too funny..."a fancy mathematician" LMAO

Level 9

Everett, WA

#83365 Mar 27, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?

What is the evidence for fixed species?

Are you saying that offspring will have exactly the same DNA as its parents?

That has been found not to be the case.

It looks like your fixed species idea falls immediately on its face.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#83366 Mar 27, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
The fossil record cannot be tested with the biological species term. Any other species term is based on pure assumption by saying similarity of different species in the fossil record means descent with modification The fixed species concept observes common design for similarity found in the fossil record. I only accept the biological species term and this term shows by observation biological species are fixed.
What?

Now you are just spouting nonsense.

Level 3

Planet Earth

#83367 Mar 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But the offspring is always different than the parents.
That is true but they are still the same biological reproductive species and they still remain the same biological species. The laws of nature are fixed and never changes and it is this law that governs biological reproductive species which are fixed.

“This is the other side”

Location hidden

#83368 Mar 27, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Research Raises Doubts About Whether Modern Humans and Neanderthals Interbred
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/08/...
"The findings of a study by researchers at the University of Cambridge..."

Of course these where just "fancy researchers" at a "fancy University"...case dismissed...lol

Level 9

Everett, WA

#83369 Mar 27, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true but they are still the same biological reproductive species and they still remain the same biological species. The laws of nature are fixed and never changes and it is this law that governs biological reproductive species which are fixed.
You have not mentioned what these laws of nature are or how species are fixed.

You may be confusing species with clade.

“This is the other side”

Location hidden

#83370 Mar 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you found some old bones...the rest is mere speculation and conjecture...case dismissed.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#83371 Mar 27, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it sorta does.

And you have yet to say what this supposed evidence is.

Level 9

Patagonia

#83372 Mar 27, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
<quoted text>
My facts are based on reproducible and well attested science. I don't give a crap whether you believe or accept it.

The fact that we all (mostly) carry a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood is observable in the lab makes your argument superfluous.

Also there is this thing in the laws of most countries called circumstantial evidence. Its been used to put many people in prisons.

You are using a very old and useless creationist meme.'How do you know, were you there'??

We weren't there, but we know Adam and Eve as written in the Bible never existed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 3 min Hitesrunprincess 46,051
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 10 min whatimeisit 29,854
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 19 min whatimeisit 7,263
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 21 min Vector aka Victor... 3,947
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 38 min Grace Nerissa 36,922
30,000 post wins (May '13) 1 hr 40ish 1,968
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Wolftracks 22,506
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Wolftracks 149,527
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 4 hr -Lea- 7,012
True or False Game 8 hr Old Sam 610