Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
78,641 - 78,660 of 115,331 Comments Last updated 47 min ago

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#83310 Mar 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then which country did Latin come from? Lata?
Dunno.

But Norwegian comes from Norwegia.

And Canadians are from Canadia.
Mark

Portland, OR

#83311 Mar 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, if you wanna misrepresent reality:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_crea...
<quoted text>
Keep beating up that random chance straw-man Marky.
<quoted text>
It's called mutation. Your incredulity still isn't a valid objection.
They couldn't get it done in the lab so they just keep selling it in the articles, movies and textbooks. So we are all mutants? I will tell my wife that - couch time tonight!

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#83312 Mar 27, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can attempt to answer every point to argue for your self-designed earth, moon, sun, geology, atmosphere, water and life if you wish. But each require convergence, convergence demands design, design demands a Designer. But you claim it all comes by mindless accidents? thatís functional, beautiful, original, and operational? Never in human experience does such convergence come by accident. The seas of earth would be a stagnate pond of sticky algae if it wasnít for the moon being the perfect size and in the orbit itís in. The tilt of the earth gives us seasons, the sun warmth and on and on.. Convergent Design! But with all the efforts of human "science", we can't even make a single human hair, we can't explain or replicate photosynthesis, nor make a single blade of grass in all the laboratories of the world! Yet we mock God while we enjoy all that allows us life, how sad, how foolish we are!
The evolutionist side lives on isotope dating because some samples provide the ages they agree with. There are many, many contradictions however. Ones that starkly donít fit the geologic column or the current dogma often get thrown out. Sometimes honest authors get them published hidden in the tables to escape the all -seeing eyes of the pro-evolutionist peer review teams. In truth, most uniform time measurements contradict long-age techniques, but guess who wins! You will almost never see concordant isotope clocks agree with themselves nor uniform dates (based on fossils/strata) nor will you see them all published together. On our side, we have to often use a third party carrier to get samples through to a lab, why?, because they donít want us to get the ammunition! We worked on this subject for 5 years and faced the facts straight out but the results were ignored.(Rate Project).
No, none of that demands a designer.

if you had really gone to university, you would know that kind of reasoning and research would get you and automatic "F".

try something above third grade level thinking...

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#83313 Mar 27, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>See Rom 11:10. also take heed Eph 4:18"Having the understanding darkened being alienated from the life of God thorugh the ignorance is in them because of the blindness of their heart" That describes perfectly one who scoffs at God's word.
*sigh*

You know this perfectly well, but you keep avoiding it: folklore is not evidence.
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#83314 Mar 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so why did you post such an ignorant satatement in support of your position?
questions are far better when in doubt.
as to apes, both humans and apes came from a common ancestor, apes did not turn into humans...this is 6th grade level stuff.
Ignorant?,yep that sums it up,I asked a simply set of questions then was going to ask another set to the practicing Christians,if you look at one of my posts on Adam and Eve I commented on..
Lol.6th grade,what ever that is,strange that theories and so on about anything can change in a blink of an eye.,a bit like global warming now it's climate change one way or other a zealot will always be a zealot..
I won't insult you,just bid you good day and won't bother you on here again..

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#83315 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No. The ancients thought that, the flood was global, due to its occurrence.
But they were wrong.

Therefore, so is the Bible they wrote.

You see the difficulty?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#83316 Mar 27, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Ignorant?,yep that sums it up,I asked a simply set of questions then was going to ask another set to the practicing Christians,if you look at one of my posts on Adam and Eve I commented on..
Lol.6th grade,what ever that is,strange that theories and so on about anything can change in a blink of an eye.,a bit like global warming now it's climate change one way or other a zealot will always be a zealot..
I won't insult you,just bid you good day and won't bother you on here again..
No, you made an incorrect statement about Darwin. you did not ask a question. why do have to lie about your own posts?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#83317 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No. The ancients thought that, the flood was global, due to its occurrence.
But, the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, east Indians, mongolians, Egyptians, and Indus valley people never saw it...no flood for them

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#83318 Mar 27, 2013
Oh, and the North and South American tribes of 4350 years ago (or any years ago) never saw a flood either.
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#83319 Mar 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, you made an incorrect statement about Darwin. you did not ask a question. why do have to lie about your own posts?
I actually said in another post what I had read about Darwin but apparently I got it wrong so where's the lie in that or are you just after an argument,either way I will call it a day and leave this thread to the so called intellects..

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#83320 Mar 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Oh, and there's Curtis! I wonder when the spaceship's gonna drop him back off for another visit?
Curtis Threats! I'd almost forgotten about him. Wow, was he a character. Infinite Force, wasn't it?

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#83321 Mar 27, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Darwin turn to Christianity towards the end of his life..
He did not. That's the Lady Hope crap. Never happened.
Krypteia wrote:
Do you belief we stem from the apes.if so why are there still apes/monkeys?,taking evolution as what it is..
Like I said before I keep my options open..
Congratulations, you just asked the classic stupid question. 100 fundie points for you!

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#83322 Mar 27, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
You can attempt to answer every point to argue for your self-designed earth, moon, sun, geology, atmosphere, water and life if you wish. But each require convergence, convergence demands design, design demands a Designer. But you claim it all comes by mindless accidents? thatís functional, beautiful, original, and operational? Never in human experience does such convergence come by accident. The seas of earth would be a stagnate pond of sticky algae if it wasnít for the moon being the perfect size and in the orbit itís in. The tilt of the earth gives us seasons, the sun warmth and on and on.. Convergent Design! But with all the efforts of human "science", we can't even make a single human hair, we can't explain or replicate photosynthesis, nor make a single blade of grass in all the laboratories of the world! Yet we mock God while we enjoy all that allows us life, how sad, how foolish we are!
The evolutionist side lives on isotope dating because some samples provide the ages they agree with. There are many, many contradictions however. Ones that starkly donít fit the geologic column or the current dogma often get thrown out. Sometimes honest authors get them published hidden in the tables to escape the all -seeing eyes of the pro-evolutionist peer review teams. In truth, most uniform time measurements contradict long-age techniques, but guess who wins! You will almost never see concordant isotope clocks agree with themselves nor uniform dates (based on fossils/strata) nor will you see them all published together. On our side, we have to often use a third party carrier to get samples through to a lab, why?, because they donít want us to get the ammunition! We worked on this subject for 5 years and faced the facts straight out but the results were ignored.(Rate Project).
Ah! The RATE bullshit. I knew that was going to come up sooner or later. It's deja vu all over again.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#83323 Mar 27, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>I actually said in another post what I had read about Darwin but apparently I got it wrong so where's the lie in that or are you just after an argument,either way I will call it a day and leave this thread to the so called intellects..
Well, it is true we can be a little harsh at times. But when you walk in the door spouting fundie dogma, expect to be called on it. If you really want to learn, dry your tears and stick around.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#83324 Mar 27, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>I actually said in another post what I had read about Darwin but apparently I got it wrong so where's the lie in that or are you just after an argument,either way I will call it a day and leave this thread to the so called intellects..
Krypteria, as MikeF suggested above,**IF** you are truely interested in being educated (hopefully in scientific fact), stick around.

It can be educational and informative.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#83325 Mar 27, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Krypteria, as MikeF suggested above,**IF** you are truely interested in being educated (hopefully in scientific fact), stick around.
It can be educational and informative.
As well as down right hilarious at times.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#83326 Mar 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
As well as down right hilarious at times.
I do my best....

Oh. Wait. You mean the FUNDIES.

Yeah.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#83327 Mar 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>one is rational, the other irrational...
i generally prefer rational people.
You are indeed one sided.
Any way, that is indeed a typical nature of the atheist.
Alway irrational.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83328 Mar 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't. Especially since we have their DNA.
And so do you.
<quoted text>
Yeah we can. We did it in 1950 when Crick proved evolution. We CAN trace our ancestry to a single couple, but they weren't the only couple. And they probably didn't talk to talking lizards.
Always try to believe in the impossible. Anything can happen. You or any one else can never rule out the possibility of a first man and woman.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83329 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No Charles, there never was a world-wide flood....proven.
Go through my post, i never said the otherwise. What i said was that, the people then thought that the flood was global, due to the occurrence or magnitude of the flood.
The flood indeed was deadly. So, even though it was not global, there was a flood, no one can dispute that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min the wandering girl 145,549
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 22 min the wandering girl 8,980
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 24 min the wandering girl 17,600
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 27 min the wandering girl 5,914
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 29 min the wandering girl 77,260
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 31 min the wandering girl 1,338
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 33 min the wandering girl 6,547
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 53 min Nobody 2 Special 36,051
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr Nobody 2 Special 18,711
Women Hid Stolen Watches in Their Vaginas in Bi... 3 hr wichita-rick 28
Body bizarre: Meet the man born with his head U... 5 hr Husker D 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search