Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201725 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#83335 Mar 27, 2013
BREAK TIME..

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#83336 Mar 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>But they were wrong.
Therefore, so is the Bible they wrote.
You see the difficulty?
The magnitude of the flood made the people to think that the flood were global.
Remember, population drift started from the east between Africa, the middle east and the entire east.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83337 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
But, the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, east Indians, mongolians, Egyptians, and Indus valley people never saw it...no flood for them
Far east and middle east are never seen as closer.
The issue you can not counter was that, there was flood the middle easterners thought was global, due to the magnitude of the flood.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83338 Mar 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been done. Do you live in a cave?
Do you?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#83339 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Go through my post, i never said the otherwise. What i said was that, the people then thought that the flood was global, due to the occurrence or magnitude of the flood.
The flood indeed was deadly. So, even though it was not global, there was a flood, no one can dispute that.
The only flood in the area that falls into the Biblical slot is dated to 2900 BC so if the Bible can stretch there it works. And like we have been telling you there was no interruption to the rest of the world and all the civilizations around the world that were flourishing both at 2900 BC or 2350 BC.

None of the Biblical stories fit the rest of the world civilizations going on at the time that the Hebrews were writing their opus.

Why do you suppose a God would contact a small tribe of wandering goat herders in the Middle East and not the big civilizations in China and India and the Indus valley Civilizations that wouldn't have to go through the crap that the goat herders did??

Serious problems with the Jewish God that you guys adopted thru the efforts of St.Paul

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#83340 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do you?
Nope. That's why I'm not as ignorant as you.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83341 Mar 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
If so, then you've agreed the bible is in error.
No!
But the writers of the bible that were wrong based on their level of education.
But they were not other wrong because the flood was devastating and large, making the people then, to think it was global or universal.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83342 Mar 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
If so, then you've agreed the bible is in error.
Are you again, 100 % error free?

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#83343 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Far east and middle east are never seen as closer.
The issue you can not counter was that, there was flood the middle easterners thought was global, due to the magnitude of the flood.
So you understand that all the peripheral stuff about the Biblical story goes away?

There is no animals being imported from all over the world (Koala bears, Platypus's, anteaters, Panda bears, etc.) No Noah trying to build a boat that is impossible for him, or anybody, to build at the time....hell even now.

There is no Ark bouncing around on the waves for almost a year....no birds being thrown out of the Ark to check for dry land. Floods such as the big one that hit the Mesopotamian area in 2900 BC generally go away within days....weeks at most. Deserts tend to suck up flood water pretty quickly.

After the flood there was no need for Noah's sons and daughter-in-laws to split and go to the far 'corners' of the earth to re-establish civilization and establish the black race in Africa....because we know that the blacks were already there, and in fact we evolved from them.

Yeah, that flood really needs to go away, its a stupid story in light of what we know to be true today.

I'm glad to see you finally agree Charles. Welcome to the real world.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#83344 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the real world.
what possessed you to say that?

Level 2

Location hidden

#83345 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The only flood in the area that falls into the Biblical slot is dated to 2900 BC so if the Bible can stretch there it works. And like we have been telling you there was no interruption to the rest of the world and all the civilizations around the world that were flourishing both at 2900 BC or 2350 BC.
None of the Biblical stories fit the rest of the world civilizations going on at the time that the Hebrews were writing their opus.
Why do you suppose a God would contact a small tribe of wandering goat herders in the Middle East and not the big civilizations in China and India and the Indus valley Civilizations that wouldn't have to go through the crap that the goat herders did??
Serious problems with the Jewish God that you guys adopted thru the efforts of St.Paul
No!
If truly the bible is false, as well the faith according to your assertions, the faith would have been long dead. But the reverse was the case.

Level 2

Location hidden

#83346 Mar 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. That's why I'm not as ignorant as you.
Dreaming!

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#83347 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No!
If truly the bible is false, as well the faith according to your assertions, the faith would have been long dead. But the reverse was the case.
We're working up to it Charles. It's pretty involved.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#83348 Mar 27, 2013
Colorado Chick wrote:
BREAK TIME..
Colorado Chick...you got some Coors up your sleeve??

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#83349 Mar 27, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what possessed you to say that?
Because maybe he's beginning to see the error of the Bible and peeking into the 'real world'.

How ya doing? Haven't seen you for awhile. I hope all is well.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#83350 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Because maybe he's beginning to see the error of the Bible and peeking into the 'real world'.
How ya doing? Haven't seen you for awhile. I hope all is well.
lol. The real world is more like a game. I'm doing good and I'm playin. ;-)

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#83351 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No!
http://www.news.com.au/lifesty le/quantum-scientists-offer-pr oof-soul-exists/story-fneszs56 -1226507452687

“Universal Conscious Conscience”

Level 3

Since: Feb 08

Planet Earth

#83352 Mar 27, 2013
I'm not religous and I don't support documented religious views. I do accept the non-religious concept of fixed species when it comes to the origin of species. Instead of descent with modification I see common desegn. I base this conclusion on the biological reproductive species term which states a species reproduce the same fertile off-spring species.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#83353 Mar 27, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
I'm not religous and I don't support documented religious views. I do accept the non-religious concept of fixed species when it comes to the origin of species. Instead of descent with modification I see common desegn. I base this conclusion on the biological reproductive species term which states a species reproduce the same fertile off-spring species.
When you say that you are not religious then claim a designer it seems to me that you are contradicting yourself.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#83354 Mar 27, 2013
Infinite Force wrote:
How do you feel about the fact that our ancestors mated with neanderthals and the connection that that makes with the prior Homo species. And that we non-Africans carry a small percentage of Neanderthal genes/blood

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 min Northbound 58,133
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 2 min andet1987 8,058
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min Sharlene45 194,617
Bill Clinton at the DNC 10 min andet1987 9
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 15 min Go Blue Forever 7,879
News Weird 36 mins ago 12:44 p.m.Mall guard accident... 17 min Shirvell s Shrivel 3
News Q&A: How one writer made peace with a strange s... 20 min Shirvell s Shrivel 3
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 47 min Northbound 8,534
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 4 hr Sublime1 32,693
More from around the web