Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,931)

Showing posts 78,601 - 78,620 of111,677
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The book of Mormon? LOL!
Irony meter go BOOM!!!!

:^(
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, indeed. It still makes my heart sad because I don't wish for anyone to be lost. God Bless you Patriot.
You too. It is sad so many love darkness and want to abide in it to their own peril. God wishes for each to be saved and wants none to be lost. 1 Tim 2:4,2 Pet 3:8-9
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>How nice for you. Not everyone subscribes to your brainwashed cult. In fact most thrive and are quite successful.
They may strive and be successful in this life, but will be poor in the one to come if they do not repent, obey his son's gospel and serve God.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Elohim, The book of Morman is a sham. Joseph Smith was no more a prophet than Bozo the Clown. Luke 16:16 plainly states the law and the prophets were until John and since him the kindom of God is preached. John died in the first century,which would be about 1700 years before Joseph Smith was even thought of.Readm Matt chap 14 and it tells of JOhn's death.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So then which country did Latin come from? Lata?
KK or what ever your name is, you truly need an education in the fields of History and Linguistic( languages).
Latin is a Roman( Rome) language spoken by the Romans, its influence cut accross Spanish, French, Portuguese.
Does that makes Portuguese and others to be Latin? No!
Think!
But American, Australian, Canadian, etc, are all English by every standard or respect.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, you admitted you are a government dependent to another poster several days ago. Civil servant was the term. Were you lying to that poster?
Something wrong with being a government worker?
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right. It is totally women's fault for being "unclean" during their period.
You would almost think that the Bible was written by barely post pubescent boys.
They were unclean and to have no sexual relations during it. Guess what, I am a woman and health wise, it's a good idea to NOT during that time.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
And CBOW forgets that God was clearly pro-slavery in the Old Testament and not anti-slavery in the New Testament. At best you could say that God in the New Testament was slavery neutral, and that would be stretching it a bit. Jesus told slaves to serve their masters. I believe it was Paul that sent a slave back to his master.
I have forgotten nothing. Jesus was sent to cleanse us for our sins, including slavery. He isn't specific, but broad reaching. What is it with you atheists pounding the slavery issue? Are you beating up on the Egyptian muslims who murdered those Coptic Christians two years ago. What about Daniel in the lion's den? Pathetic. The more you try to divide and denounce the Bible, the more desperate you appear.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Something wrong with being a government worker?
Yes, when you expect to be paid more than your private sector counter-parts. 30 years of taxpayer funded pensions have come home to roost.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

I actually meant that, American, Canadian and Australian English, etc, by every standard are all English unlike Spanish, French, Portuguese to Latin.
That is the reason why English is unique to the people of England, whose influences cut accross the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You too. It is sad so many love darkness and want to abide in it to their own peril. God wishes for each to be saved and wants none to be lost. 1 Tim 2:4,2 Pet 3:8-9
Yes, I see so many who put their stock in the here and now. They refuse to accept that this all is nothing but ashes and dust.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, when you expect to be paid more than your private sector counter-parts. 30 years of taxpayer fun ded pensions have come home to roost.
I'd love to know where that's happening. I certainly do NOT made as much as my private sector counter-parts nor will my retirement be cushy. Far from it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The UK has nukes too and a growing Muslim community that has members interested in influencing the local government.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthomp...
Indeed, Islamic fundies have in some cases taken advantage of political correctness gone stupid. Something to be kept in check.
nanoanomaly wrote:
Sarah could not possibly have done a worse job as president than the POS we have jerking off in the Oval Office right now.
Compared to the last guy he's a saint.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient Rome wasn't under the influence of God, what's their excuse for slavery and murder? You're so narrow minded and angry, why?
If ancient Rome wasn't under the influence of God you wouldn't BE Christian right now.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd love to know where that's happening. I certainly do NOT made as much as my private sector counter-parts nor will my retirement be cushy. Far from it.
What do you do for a living? You are in your 60's right?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, it is what you said. Most people, whether believers or not, do try to plant their own ideology into their kids minds, so what? You do it too, that's their right just as it is yours to try and influence your own family. Some people just try for a set morals and submitting to local laws, then allow the kid to follow (or not) their ideology of choice.
Your comments show that you would, if you could, prevent people from exercising their right to think differently than you. Talk about a futile agenda.
That's the thing about upbringing. While some may make the argument that indoctrination into stupid such as YECism equates to child abuse I think that's going too far. Okay, so their kids might think the Flinstones is a science documentary but otherwise you'll probably find in general (aside from Jesus Camp) your average fundie kids are otherwise psychologically healthy, happy and never suffered any kind of genuine abuse.

The problem with fundies though is that they don't wanna confine their upbringing to their own kids. They wanna shove it on everyone else's. Hence their constant political pushes into public schools.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You chaps would love Mike Huckabee, a godly, moral and upright man,.and not a heathen like many want to follow.
You mean the fuckwit who tried covering for Todd Akin? Right.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "knowing" becomes condoning? I know of the genocide in Uganda, does that mean I condone it? I know of abortion around the world and the forced abortions in China, yet I don't condone them. You forget the "free will" part of God's "arrangement" with mankind. All choices bear consequences, woody.
The "free will arrangement" is that you have none.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
CBOW, the ones who want to deny God's word are living in darkness and thus deny his word. "In him was life and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehended it not" John 1:4-5. Those people are like bats and owls, they hate and hide from the light. Those living in darkness hate, deny and hide form the light.
As we've never had God's Word there is nothing to deny.(shrug)

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you do for a living? You are in your 60's right?
I am. 64. Currently a supervisor in the networking department of a large public school district. Prior gig as a high school teacher. Also taught at every educational level.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,601 - 78,620 of111,677
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

178 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
30,000 post wins (May '13) 4 min NotaGoth 611
A real gentleman doesn't (Oct '13) 4 min Parden Pard 817
How to become Unbannable 8 min SLACK 69
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 11 min Parden Pard 28,562
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 15 min Parden Pard 53,703
Message to Obama 22 min Cant admit it can you 490
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 23 min Hatti_Hollerand 695
Woman Watching TV Learns of Her Home's Violent ... 23 min Parden Pard 1
What is the meaning of life? 58 min SLACK 27