Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
78,601 - 78,620 of 112,794 Comments Last updated 30 min ago
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You chaps would love Mike Huckabee, a godly, moral and upright man,.and not a heathen like many want to follow.
You mean the fuckwit who tried covering for Todd Akin? Right.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "knowing" becomes condoning? I know of the genocide in Uganda, does that mean I condone it? I know of abortion around the world and the forced abortions in China, yet I don't condone them. You forget the "free will" part of God's "arrangement" with mankind. All choices bear consequences, woody.
The "free will arrangement" is that you have none.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
CBOW, the ones who want to deny God's word are living in darkness and thus deny his word. "In him was life and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness and the darkness comprehended it not" John 1:4-5. Those people are like bats and owls, they hate and hide from the light. Those living in darkness hate, deny and hide form the light.
As we've never had God's Word there is nothing to deny.(shrug)

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you do for a living? You are in your 60's right?
I am. 64. Currently a supervisor in the networking department of a large public school district. Prior gig as a high school teacher. Also taught at every educational level.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
We could use a strong woman leader like Margaret Thatcher was.
Little advice - Don't visit the UK and say that too loud.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa, hold your horses pardner!!
There is one point in your post I must disagree with. Those nuts are not all Americans. In fact some countries have so many of these nuts that they have started to export them to us. Australia and New Zealand instantly come to mind ;^)
Yeah, but it's okay. The fundies had a big argument and the Ozzies said you could KEEP Kenny Ham.

YAY!!!

:-D
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>God does not condone slavery, people owned them anyway, he does not condone being gay, stealing,etc but folks do it anyway. Those folks are called law breakers.
Hey Petey, I linked to scripture of God condoning slavery. So are you lying now or were you lying when you said you read the Bible?

How come you fundies ALWAYS have to lie?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>He did not and does not condone adultery and idolatry, he gave rules concerning that. Paul addressed the church at Corinth of the sins they engaged in and also commended the ones who did do those things and turned from them when they became christians.
Yes, He gave rules against idolatry. And lying.

Then you fundies decided to completely ignore it by worshipping a book about God instead of God and continued to lie your azzes off.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse, we are in democracy.
You have no evidence against the existence of God.
More of your assertions.
You have no evidence against the existence of Cosmic Sheep of Dimension Zog.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
And CBOW forgets that God was clearly pro-slavery in the Old Testament and not anti-slavery in the New Testament. At best you could say that God in the New Testament was slavery neutral, and that would be stretching it a bit. Jesus told slaves to serve their masters. I believe it was Paul that sent a slave back to his master.
There is a passage in the New Testament where Jesus speaks to a slave and tells him to work hard for his master and something else...not to run away...honor his master....I forget. long story short, the NT also sucks up to slavers.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>But doe's it matter if someone wants to believe in god or not,doe's it interfere in your life if someone goe's to church..
On your post who's to say that a god didn't make all these things in the first place and his/ hers plan was for this to happen in the long run..
Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. The fundies claim it did but can't back it up. Then they illegally force it into public schools.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your so called evidence against the bible will never invalidate the bible.
Zigzactly. You can't invalidate invisible Jewish magic. For the same reason you can't invalidate Cosmic Sheep.
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>They may strive and be successful in this life, but will be poor in the one to come if they do not repent, obey his son's gospel and serve God.
That's nice. i have no need to obey a fairy tale.
Elohim

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
Elohim, The book of Morman is a sham. Joseph Smith was no more a prophet than Bozo the Clown. Luke 16:16 plainly states the law and the prophets were until John and since him the kindom of God is preached. John died in the first century,which would be about 1700 years before Joseph Smith was even thought of.Readm Matt chap 14 and it tells of JOhn's death.
They are all fairy tales.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
I never stated that 6000 YO figure, thatís yours. For those who believe in Biblical truth, if you extrapolate the births and ages given in Genesis that figure comes up. If you don't believe what the Bible teaches, why believe in that specific age unless you believe that the Bible is true? It begs the question! As far as your reaction to Christ's warning about what little children should be taught, now you know, those are His words, not mine.
Other short age chronometers based on uniform conditions are supported in science, more so than long age dating methods I feel, such as those using isotopes of lead. A question on those; if leads origin is radioactive then deteriorates to pure lead, why isn't the earth completely radioactive?- most of Missouri and nearby states should be hot, as well as other huge portions of the earth, and no life could exist. You can't have it both ways, you hang on long age 1/2 life based on measured rates, but refuse to reverse the same number to look into the past of this old earth you embrace!
Sure, if you wanna misrepresent reality:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Earth_crea...
Mark wrote:
Another accident needed to allow life to be self-created? or all the elements of lead that just happen to be in safe proportions when the earth was formed, more questions for your side and fewer accident-related answers.
Keep beating up that random chance straw-man Marky.
Mark wrote:
I am not a trickster, and where is your science in cell operation to get new life forms? Where did the cell and brain come from, another sensitive spot? But Oh, we must get this all in order in the mindless self-directed world of evolution!
It's called mutation. Your incredulity still isn't a valid objection.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Non human to human evolution is a farce.
Actually it's been long established. So far you have not been able to address the evidence.
Charles Idemi wrote:
The possibility of a first man and woman can never be ruled out.
Just as long as invisible Jewmagic is ruled IN.

Without it, we CAN in fact rule it out no problem.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, indeed. It still makes my heart sad because I don't wish for anyone to be lost. God Bless you Patriot.
Yeah, you're a real sweetheart, what with your apologetics for condoning slavery and all.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>"yoru god clearly stated that it is OK to own another human. clearly stated it." This is your statement, now quit dancing around it and give me the book and verse from the BIBLE you got it from....You can do that, can't you wooody. No more deflecting.
Perhaps you missed it where it was dealt with directly over the past few days.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide the source to this claim KK.
"Worship or burn."

The Bible.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Keep on crying fowl. Keep on judging, but that does not change reality on ground.
Germany is German. England is English.
The whole nations with English dialects of any kind, all had roots from England.
English had roots from Latin, Greeks, but both languages are never similar.
English is unique to England.
Show me the money.

Show

me

the money.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••