Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
78,581 - 78,600 of 115,170 Comments Last updated 22 min ago
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#83250 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Keep on crying fowl. Keep on judging, but that does not change reality on ground.
Germany is German. England is English.
The whole nations with English dialects of any kind, all had roots from England.
English had roots from Latin, Greeks, but both languages are never similar.
English is unique to England.
Show me the money.

Show

me

the money.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tenerife

#83251 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Non human to human evolution is a farce.
The possibility of a first man and woman can never be ruled out.
The possibility of a first man and woman named Adam and Eve as in the Bible IS ruled out my friend.

Charles, Remember the neanderthal DNA, You probably don't carry it, but most of the white folks around you DO.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#83252 Mar 27, 2013
CBOW wrote:
Imagine God's disappointment when the chosen ones were a failure, unable to save themselves by following a few rules.
Yeah.

He really f cked up, didn't he?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#83253 Mar 27, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Sin became part of humanity by their own choosing, not God's. It's called free will. If your kid swears, does that mean you condone it? Well, maybe you do.....
You don't have free will. God deliberately put the tree within easy reach to the extremely naive and also put in an evil talking lizard to talk them into it. Plus he already knew it was gonna happen.

This was before all the incest, slavery, rape and genocide. Then at the end he makes slaves of all fundies and burns anyone with any sense of compassion.

That's one messed up myth you have there.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#83254 Mar 27, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
No cherry pickin goin on there, huh woody? It must have pained you to have to pick up the Bible. Burn much?
No cherry picking at all. your god clearly says it is OK for people to own other humans.

you have made it very clear that i know your bible better than you do...

Level 9

Tenerife

#83255 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Your so called evidence against the bible will never invalidate the bible.
Have you looked at the evidence?

Have you researched the matter like we atheists have; or are you just repeating your mentors words and thoughts??

One thing about Christian mentors....they don't want their people to look at real evidence.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#83256 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I will simply call that a biased and atheist view's of God.
Theist has a different view regarding that.
Right. Objective confirmation is biased while theism isn't. Got it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#83257 Mar 27, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
No cherry pickin goin on there, huh woody? It must have pained you to have to pick up the Bible. Burn much?
Oh, so when you DENY slavery is condoned by your god and then we DEMONSTRATE it using scripture, we're "cherry-picking"?

Quite ironic considering you fundies have been cherry-picking since at least 325 AD. At least the Flat Earth Society is more honest.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#83258 Mar 27, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And CBOW forgets that God was clearly pro-slavery in the Old Testament and not anti-slavery in the New Testament. At best you could say that God in the New Testament was slavery neutral, and that would be stretching it a bit. Jesus told slaves to serve their masters. I believe it was Paul that sent a slave back to his master.
She didn't forget. She just lied.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#83259 Mar 27, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You too. It is sad so many love darkness and want to abide in it to their own peril. God wishes for each to be saved and wants none to be lost. 1 Tim 2:4,2 Pet 3:8-9
You question Zeus at your own peril. You may feel the wrath of his lighting bolts up your azz.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#83260 Mar 27, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I have forgotten nothing. Jesus was sent to cleanse us for our sins, including slavery. He isn't specific, but broad reaching. What is it with you atheists pounding the slavery issue? Are you beating up on the Egyptian muslims who murdered those Coptic Christians two years ago. What about Daniel in the lion's den? Pathetic. The more you try to divide and denounce the Bible, the more desperate you appear.
No, you asked for evidence of a pro-slavery in the Bible. Now you're changing the subject and saying "But what about them mean old Muslims!!!" The more you preach and avoid dealing with the atrocities of your own religion the more desperate you appear.

Level 9

Tenerife

#83261 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No one knows how the universe came into form, so knowing the age of the universe, is impossible.
There was a flood the people thought then was global( world wide).
Can you rule out that?
We know there was a really big flood in the Mesopotamian area around 2900 BC, and this is PROBABLY the one the myths were made about. Not world-wide, but pretty damn big.
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#83262 Mar 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it did, maybe it didn't. The fundies claim it did but can't back it up. Then they illegally force it into public schools.
So without being biased none of the both should be taught in public schools,or ant schools for that matter.
Had a funny thing happen to me,one of my best mates is a complete atheist and a couple of years back he had a fright and swore he saw a ghost,literally a man standing in front of him and just disappeared ,I laughed of coarse he said I'm not lying well which is true he never lies,but he couldn't understand why I was laughing,when I explained that he's an atheist and ghosts could not possibly exist,he was a bit lost,he still can't fathom it out with his belief..I'm open minded just in case..
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#83263 Mar 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so when you DENY slavery is condoned by your god and then we DEMONSTRATE it using scripture, we're "cherry-picking"?
Quite ironic considering you fundies have been cherry-picking since at least 325 AD. At least the Flat Earth Society is more honest.
Well isn't it flat,you're telling me there's no hollow earth next,lol

Level 9

Tenerife

#83264 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No one knows how the universe came into form, so knowing the age of the universe, is impossible.
There was a flood the people thought then was global( world wide).
Can you rule out that?
Yes we DO know when the universe came into being Charles.

We definitely know it WASN'T 6,000 years ago.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#83265 Mar 27, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>So without being biased none of the both should be taught in public schools,or ant schools for that matter.
Had a funny thing happen to me,one of my best mates is a complete atheist and a couple of years back he had a fright and swore he saw a ghost,literally a man standing in front of him and just disappeared ,I laughed of coarse he said I'm not lying well which is true he never lies,but he couldn't understand why I was laughing,when I explained that he's an atheist and ghosts could not possibly exist,he was a bit lost,he still can't fathom it out with his belief..I'm open minded just in case..
No, there is no bias in teaching known facts.

there are no known facts to support any creation theory or Id theory. there isn't even an ID theory or hypothesis, as there are no facts to start one with.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#83266 Mar 27, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>So without being biased none of the both should be taught in public schools,or ant schools for that matter.
No, creationism is not allowed to be taught as not only is it profoundly stupid to tell kids that the Flinstones is a science documentary cuz Jesus is coming back, it's also illegal in the US. Since evolution has 150 years of scientific research and creationism has 4,000 and come up with zip there is no bias. Evolution is therefore legal to teach.

Plus the fundies have already tried that line of argumentation in court numerous times.

They haven't won since 1925.

Unfortunately in the UK though it's NOT illegal to teach religion or religious apologetics in public schools. The good thing though is that despite religious influence it's generally mostly private schools that let it cross over into science classes.
Krypteia wrote:
Well to be fair there's nothing necessarily explicitly theistic about ghosts, unless he saw the ghost of Jesus or Mary or something. Of course he won't find any science to support ghosts either. Just because someone is an atheist doesn't make all of them immune to pseudo-scientific woo.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#83267 Mar 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, there is no bias in teaching known facts.
there are no known facts to support any creation theory or Id theory. there isn't even an ID theory or hypothesis, as there are no facts to start one with.
That reminds me, even some atheists believe in ID.

We still got that UFO nut who still likes to pop his head up every now and then.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#83268 Mar 27, 2013
Oh, and there's Curtis! I wonder when the spaceship's gonna drop him back off for another visit?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#83269 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> If you evolved from chimps, no problem about that.
For me, i am created in the image and likeness of God through my first parents.
You are just dodging your own assertion now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shaun the shaggy Aussie sheep finally shorn smooth 5 min Petal Power 4
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Petal Power 145,085
OMG! Just look at this! 8 min Sublime1 38
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 8 min Jolly 23,820
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 9 min Petal Power 54,396
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 12 min Grace Nerissa 23,986
TGIF .. EVERYDAY .. I want to ENJOY .. 13 min Petal Power 28
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 23 min Petal Power 228
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 24 min Petal Power 18,495
What's your tip for the day? 26 min Petal Power 796