Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222739 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Patriot

Nashville, TN

#83278 Mar 27, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>That's nice. i have no need to obey a fairy tale.
See Rom 11:10. also take heed Eph 4:18"Having the understanding darkened being alienated from the life of God thorugh the ignorance is in them because of the blindness of their heart" That describes perfectly one who scoffs at God's word.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#83279 Mar 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
That reminds me, even some atheists believe in ID.
We still got that UFO nut who still likes to pop his head up every now and then.
yeah...ummm...ahhh...bppphhhh. ..whasisname....

is he the yankee something or other? not really important...
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#83280 Mar 27, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Darwin turn to Christianity towards the end of his life..
No he didn't That's a lie told by a nice Christian lady called Lady Hope, who was never NEAR Darwin, according to Darwin's family.
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you belief we stem from the apes.if so why are there still apes/monkeys?,taking evolution as what it is..
Humans and monkeys and modern apes all evolved form earlier members of the ape family.

There is no reason why there should be no monkeys because humans evolved.

"Lots of Irish people emigrated to the USA? If so, why are there still Irish people in ireland?"
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#83281 Mar 27, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Darwin turn to Christianity towards the end of his life..
No he didn't. That was the Lady Hope lie. He started out theist and ended up more like an agnostic.

Not that anyone's religious opinions have any bearing on the validity of science.
Krypteia wrote:
Do you belief we stem from the apes.
Humans ARE apes. We're just a different species than other apes.
Krypteia wrote:
if so why are there still apes/monkeys?
If modern Americans stemmed from Europeans why are there still Europeans?
Krypteia wrote:
taking evolution as what it is..
Scientifically demonstrated:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
Krypteia wrote:
Like I said before I keep my options open..
Yup, there really could be UFO's coming down abducting people for weird cross-breeding experiments involving people, aliens and various farmyard animals. Keep ALL options open.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#83282 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> You do not have an idea( clueless).
Irony meter go booooooooommm.
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#83283 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You are going to have to explain this 'first man and woman' to me.
Probably a way to explain the beginning of life to what would have been peasants at the time.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#83284 Mar 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you looked at the evidence?
Have you researched the matter like we atheists have; or are you just repeating your mentors words and thoughts??
One thing about Christian mentors....they don't want their people to look at real evidence.
Atheist and Theist are two recognisable groups. No one is better than the other.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#83285 Mar 27, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>We worship God and not the Bible, the bible is his revealed word to us
Congratulations, you just contradicted yourself.
Patriot wrote:
we study his word to learn about him and what our duties toward HIM and our fellow man are.
You don't have His Word. The ONLY person who ever did was Moses. And even that was hearsay.
Patriot wrote:
The Bible is the blue print on how we need to live and be acceptable in his sight.
No it isn't. That's why you lied. You don't give a crud about God, all you care about is shunning anyone and anything that doesn't fall in line with your baseless religious opinions then assume you can repent after you're dead so you can get into paradise.(shrug)
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#83286 Mar 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>towards the end of his life? you really should learn more about a subject before posting.
even when he wrote his book, "on the origin of species" he believed god had created life on earth...
your fundie sites do not educate you, they indoctrinate you...
Fundie??,is that it? I'm a funding,pmsl,,I think your brain has gone in over drive..

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#83287 Mar 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>

WTF?
My exact feelings.

St. Croix valley

#83288 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Atheist and Theist are two recognisable groups. No one is better than the other.
one is rational, the other irrational...

i generally prefer rational people.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#83289 Mar 27, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is a big dichotomy between humans and apes( chimps, gorillas, monkeys etc).
Neanderthal fossils to date remain debatable( controversial).
No they don't. Especially since we have their DNA.

And so do you.
Charles Idemi wrote:
You can not rule out the possibility of a first man and woman.
Yeah we can. We did it in 1950 when Crick proved evolution. We CAN trace our ancestry to a single couple, but they weren't the only couple. And they probably didn't talk to talking lizards.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#83290 Mar 27, 2013
Krypteia wrote:
<quoted text>Probably a way to explain the beginning of life to what would have been peasants at the time.
And explained BY peasants at the time...

St. Croix valley

#83291 Mar 27, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, you admitted you are a government dependent to another poster several days ago. Civil servant was the term. Were you lying to that poster?
No. i never said any such thing, CBOW...why do you have to lie about others so much?

what a freakin' bald-faced liar...
Krypteia

Brighton, UK

#83292 Mar 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't. That was the Lady Hope lie. He started out theist and ended up more like an agnostic.
Not that anyone's religious opinions have any bearing on the validity of science.
<quoted text>
Humans ARE apes. We're just a different species than other apes.
<quoted text>
If modern Americans stemmed from Europeans why are there still Europeans?
<quoted text>
Scientifically demonstrated:
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
<quoted text>
Yup, there really could be UFO's coming down abducting people for weird cross-breeding experiments involving people, aliens and various farmyard animals. Keep ALL options open.
Well if that floats your boat fine,I won't criticise anyone's belief..

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#83293 Mar 27, 2013
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you do NOT know for a fact that they did not exist as such.
<quoted text>
Thats where science comes in.
Science help to search for evidence and data; give it time.
<quoted text>
But the parables and allegories effectively embody concepts which are embedded in the fabric of reality.
While the parables and allegories are effective in the purpose intended for them, you have nothing to talk about; for the function of language is to communicate meaning.
You be smokin' those funny 'buds'?

St. Croix valley

#83294 Mar 27, 2013
Now i wonder how many times CBOW has openly and knowingly lied about me, or others, on these pages?

tough to keep track of all these cult members and their lies...

St. Croix valley

#83295 Mar 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And explained BY peasants at the time...
it was peasants that made these stories up...
Mark

Salem, OR

#83296 Mar 27, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
As above, you hold to the sensitive spot hypothesis leading to eye development. This is a tough sell on the geologic chart, where trilobites at the bottom sport eyes found to be very complex, can even correct for underwater aberrations. No transitionals' have been found supporting the magical concept of softspot to eyes. For your theory to be proved there should have been thousands and adaptive types as you claim, but there are none, and the cell's closed mechanism doesn't support it. Yes, if I repeatedly show pictures of such a tale to a trusting child they will eventually believe it. Thatís your brainwashing, and those who practice it will one day pay the price for it. Utter foolishness!
I think you have missed or ignored my point regarding the past study of fruit flys in attempting to generate positive mutations in the DNA. I repeat for you - after thousands of said generations (to speed up generational time)being observed in controlled tests, the concept of evolution failed to produce any such needed changes at all. So what is observed in the cell mechanism is what we get. You assert that that's not enough time, time, time the magical maker!
Variation in pure "Kind" gene pools is a different matter and is often interpreted or proposed as evolution, but is macroevolution. That doesn't provide the evolutionary leap of an opossum to a lemur that can reproduce,(which is exactly what current human evolution lineage drawings show). Evolutionist now claim this all happened quickly out if sight somehow, leaving no evidence. Wishful thinking.
A correction to the last paragraph, "macroevolution should be "microevolution".
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#83297 Mar 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No. i never said any such thing, CBOW...why do you have to lie about others so much?
what a freakin' bald-faced liar...
CBOW? Lying? A believer in God and the Ten Commandments (presumably the 9th too)?

I'm shocked. Shocked I say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
7 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 15 min -TheExam- 1,660
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 35 min Rosa 27,327
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 35 min Nannabella 17,636
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 37 min -TheExam- 4,184
Replace one letter in word>>> (Oct '15) 38 min Nannabella 346
Name something that gets past around (Feb '14) 55 min Crazy Jae 876
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 1 hr -TheExam- 38,456
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Crazy Jae 6,043
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Weazy Street 223,354
Phrases that you don't hear very often (Nov '11) 4 hr wichita-rick 764
More from around the web