Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,926)

Showing posts 78,501 - 78,520 of111,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>those kids weren't OWNED by those wealthy homeowners, were they? keep trying dear...
Wouldn't a god fearing person just given them aid?
we know that human society is far more moral than your mythical god...how can one own another human?
face it, yur horrible, prick of a god was made up by humans.
your cult lied to you...again...
Where have you been in the last 50 years? You do realize that the internships by any tradesman were accomplished through no pay. Attorneys, doctors, masons, machinists, and other skilled labors were learned without pay, some as many as 3-5 years. Is that considered slavery? Let me see, someone like you, a government dependent, wouldn't know.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't the whole Exodus thing about "let my people go", from slavery?
Indeed.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed.
and then go own other humans...
it must suck to be in a cult where you god is less moral than i am....

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have you been in the last 50 years? You do realize that the internships by any tradesman were accomplished through no pay. Attorneys, doctors, masons, machinists, and other skilled labors were learned without pay, some as many as 3-5 years. Is that considered slavery? Let me see, someone like you, a government dependent, wouldn't know.
lame, lame lame, assed try..

they weren't owned by the other human, were they?

your cult lied to you....again...

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nukes. You have fundies. We couldn't care less about US politics - as long as no fundies are President. That's why we worried when Sarah Palin entered politics.
The UK has nukes too and a growing Muslim community that has members interested in influencing the local government.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthomp...

Sarah could not possibly have done a worse job as president than the POS we have jerking off in the Oval Office right now.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>lame, lame lame, assed try..
they weren't owned by the other human, were they?
your cult lied to you....again...
Ancient Rome wasn't under the influence of God, what's their excuse for slavery and murder? You're so narrow minded and angry, why?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
As above, you hold to the sensitive spot hypothesis leading to eye development. This is a tough sell on the geologic chart, where trilobites at the bottom sport eyes found to be very complex, can even correct for underwater aberrations.
Answered very well by The Dude in post #83107. Read it again.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
No transitionals' have been found supporting the magical concept of softspot to eyes. For your theory to be proved there should have been thousands and adaptive types as you claim, but there are none, and the cell's closed mechanism doesn't support it.
Well, soft spots don't tend to fossilize, do they? But we have worm-like creatures aplenty and we know that contemporary worms have eyes like that, so the inference is easily made. And you really have NO IDEA what a cell's mechanism will "support" or not support. That's Christian bullshitting at its best.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Variation in pure "Kind" gene pools is a different matter and is often interpreted or proposed as evolution, but is macroevolution.
Scientifically, there is no such thing as a "kind," Bible boy. Whatever kind means changes as needed by your lamentable arguments.
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís your brainwashing, and those who practice it will one day pay the price for it.
I missed this early. Have you now resulted to threatening us with eternal torture at the hands of your loving/angry Jesus? LOL!

This kind of satisfying, fundamentalist Christian REVENGE FANTASY really gets you through the night, doesn't it?
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Variation in pure "Kind" gene pools is a different matter and is often interpreted or proposed as evolution, but is macroevolution. That doesn't provide the evolutionary leap of an opossum to a lemur that can reproduce,(which is exactly what current human evolution lineage drawings show).
Once again the sleazy bait and switch by the Liars for Jesus Club.

Evolution requires BOTH mechanisms: gene mutation/variation PLUS the filtering action of natural selection. Of course no one claims that "Variation in gene pools" alone does the trick.

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Not at all.. and not what I said.
are you saying that religious cults don't indoctrinate their young? seriously?
Yeah, it is what you said. Most people, whether believers or not, do try to plant their own ideology into their kids minds, so what? You do it too, that's their right just as it is yours to try and influence your own family. Some people just try for a set morals and submitting to local laws, then allow the kid to follow (or not) their ideology of choice.
Your comments show that you would, if you could, prevent people from exercising their right to think differently than you. Talk about a futile agenda.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nukes. You have fundies. We couldn't care less about US politics - as long as no fundies are President. That's why we worried when Sarah Palin entered politics.
You chaps would love Mike Huckabee, a godly, moral and upright man,.and not a heathen like many want to follow.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
As above, you hold to the sensitive spot hypothesis leading to eye development. This is a tough sell on the geologic chart, where trilobites at the bottom sport eyes found to be very complex, can even correct for underwater aberrations. No transitionals' have been found supporting the magical concept of softspot to eyes. For your theory to be proved there should have been thousands and adaptive types as you claim, but there are none, and the cell's closed mechanism doesn't support it. Yes, if I repeatedly show pictures of such a tale to a trusting child they will eventually believe it. Thatís your brainwashing, and those who practice it will one day pay the price for it. Utter foolishness!
I think you have missed or ignored my point regarding the past study of fruit flys in attempting to generate positive mutations in the DNA. I repeat for you - after thousands of said generations (to speed up generational time)being observed in controlled tests, the concept of evolution failed to produce any such needed changes at all. So what is observed in the cell mechanism is what we get. You assert that that's not enough time, time, time the magical maker!
Variation in pure "Kind" gene pools is a different matter and is often interpreted or proposed as evolution, but is macroevolution. That doesn't provide the evolutionary leap of an opossum to a lemur that can reproduce,(which is exactly what current human evolution lineage drawings show). Evolutionist now claim this all happened quickly out if sight somehow, leaving no evidence. Wishful thinking.
By the way, how are you doing on that reasonable question I asked you yesterday?

Have you found the name of just ONE qualified, PhD'ed biologist or geologist who is NOT a Christian and NOT religious, but yet who has concluded that the earth is only about 6000 years old and that humanity spring from two first individuals 6000 years ago BASED SOLELY AND COMPLETELY ON THE EVIDENCE?

Do you agree that this is a reasonable question to ask and that you should not have any trouble finding such a person -- millions of them, actually -- if reality actually conformed to your religious beliefs?

And assuming you CANNOT find such a person -- do you find it telling and very odd that the ONLY PEOPLE who advocate your 6000 year-old scenario are Bible-beleiving American Protestant fundamentalist Christians of one stripe or another?

I mean, shouldn't it be OBVIOUS what is going on here?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient Rome wasn't under the influence of God, what's their excuse for slavery and murder? You're so narrow minded and angry, why?
what does that have to do with the fact taht the god you worship thiks it's Ok to own other humans?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>You chaps would love Mike Huckabee, a godly, moral and upright man,.and not a heathen like many want to follow.
Even the US electorate didn't want Huckabee...

“talk to the kitteh”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
ARGH! Knock on wood!
So you don't think Obama giving the nod on assassinating Muslim rulers and some of Islam's top religious leaders is NOT putting us on the top of Islam's "To Nuke" list? Yeah, he's super bright, but then he has nothing to worry about because he has presidential bunkers all over America that he can hide in for the next 10 years. Even people labeled Nazi war criminals got a trial. He's a shyt-stirrer of the worst kind.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The UK has nukes too and a growing Muslim community that has members interested in influencing the local government.
Sarah could not possibly have done a worse job as president than the POS we have jerking off in the Oval Office right now.
Palin publicly stated that she expected to (paraphrased)'see Jesus in my(her) lifetime'.

It is mind-bogglingly frightening to have someone of that mind-set that close to 'The Button'. Especially when she was running as VP to John McCain, who has had a history of health/heart problems.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The UK has nukes too and a growing Muslim community that has members interested in influencing the local government.
Why did Sarah quit and walk away from her elected Governors job? I am sorry, but it just looks like she would abandon the people for money. I don't have a problem with stong woman as long as they hang in there and stand for the right things.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't think Obama giving the nod on assassinating Muslim rulers and some of Islam's top religious leaders is NOT putting us on the top of Islam's "To Nuke" list? Yeah, he's super bright, but then he has nothing to worry about because he has presidential bunkers all over America that he can hide in for the next 10 years. Even people labeled Nazi war criminals got a trial. He's a shyt-stirrer of the worst kind.
Now, Sheila, I never said a damn thing about Obama. But, no, I'm not fond of the guy. Regardless, that does not make Palin a non-idiot.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what does that have to do with the fact taht the god you worship thiks it's Ok to own other humans?
What part of "knowing" becomes condoning? I know of the genocide in Uganda, does that mean I condone it? I know of abortion around the world and the forced abortions in China, yet I don't condone them. You forget the "free will" part of God's "arrangement" with mankind. All choices bear consequences, woody.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't think Obama giving the nod on assassinating Muslim rulers and some of Islam's top religious leaders is NOT putting us on the top of Islam's "To Nuke" list? Yeah, he's super bright, but then he has nothing to worry about because he has presidential bunkers all over America that he can hide in for the next 10 years. Even people labeled Nazi war criminals got a trial. He's a shyt-stirrer of the worst kind.
I couldn't agree more...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "knowing" becomes condoning? I know of the genocide in Uganda, does that mean I condone it? I know of abortion around the world and the forced abortions in China, yet I don't condone them. You forget the "free will" part of God's "arrangement" with mankind. All choices bear consequences, woody.
your getting derailed by your attempt to protect you cult, CBOW.

yoru god clearly stated that it is OK to own another human. clearly stated it.

your cult lied to you...again...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am not talking of then but now. English is native to the English, they stand a better chance of understanding it than a stranger who is not native to English.
... and that is another of your really lame assertions. There are many dialects of English, and several of them are in America, mostly the USA. In England there are at least two distinct dialects that I have encountered, there is likely more. Do yourself a favor and look up dialect.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,501 - 78,520 of111,909
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••