Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#82909 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed I am. I must keep working to pay the endless taxes to support this bloated give away government. I am not free, unless I am willing to sell everything I have earned over my lifetime to pay the taxes. THAT IS SLAVERY! I know you don't feel that hardship, woody, being a government dependent and all.
Wait, you did tax evasion and now you are pissed that they're asking you to pay what everyone else has already paid? That's not only criminal, it's highly immoral.
crazy

Las Vegas, NV

#82910 Mar 25, 2013
just krazy

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#82911 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Entirely misses the point.
I think you were doing better when you were claiming English belongs to the English.
By the way, you still owe me that 500.
English belongs to the English, yes or no?
Did they colonised any colonies?
Did they offer free, expensive or affordable education?
Just answer the questions.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#82912 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it can, as long as we all agree to speak English. Your problem is you want metaphysical answers to scientific questions or scientific answers to metaphysical questions. Once you realise that ne'er the twain shall meet then the realisation of reality begins to dawn.
Why does some or most dreams come true?
Does it mean that God is communicating to us?

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#82913 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Why does some or most dreams come true?
Sure, why not?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82914 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English belongs to the English, yes or no?
Did they colonised any colonies?
Did they offer free, expensive or affordable education?
Just answer the questions.
No, it's a language, it belongs to no one.

No, they built colonies. To colonize is the act of building or forming colonies, you don't colonize colonies, that's redundant.

None of the above. Only people in England get educated by the English, everyone else is educated by ... wherever they are.

Now answer my question: Why do you refuse to ever admit that you're an uneducated moron?

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

"...with huh?"

#82915 Mar 25, 2013
Let me guess... the people on here that are throwing around insults are Christians. Right? LMAO!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82916 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
No, it's called effort and work, as well as a bit of skill.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82917 Mar 25, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Let me guess... the people on here that are throwing around insults are Christians. Right? LMAO!
A bit of both.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#82918 Mar 25, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Sadly I must admit I throw in my share.

After being taxed heavily by the ignorance and arrogance of creatards it would take the patience of a saint from throwing some insults back at them.

But trust me. Every creationist that I insult more than earned it.

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

"...with huh?"

#82919 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A bit of both.
Hey Kitten :) what's happening in the land of logic? Want to argue about something? LOL

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82920 Mar 25, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Kitten :) what's happening in the land of logic? Want to argue about something? LOL
Bored too? It's okay, I'm having a dry spell on creativity so wasting time on here hoping to spark something.

I don't think I could argue with you, it would be like arguing with the nice christian lady in the shelters who thought I was actually an angel in mortal form. Never got why, I wear a pentacle to remind me of my favorite scientific meme, but I couldn't argue with her because she was always too nice ...

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#82921 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-...
Maybe your dreams are taking past experiences in account and preparing you for the next day. Sometimes those preparations could be right. Or maybe not.

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

"...with huh?"

#82922 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Bored too? It's okay, I'm having a dry spell on creativity so wasting time on here hoping to spark something.
I don't think I could argue with you, it would be like arguing with the nice christian lady in the shelters who thought I was actually an angel in mortal form. Never got why, I wear a pentacle to remind me of my favorite scientific meme, but I couldn't argue with her because she was always too nice ...
Awwww... luv U 2, yep, I'm bored... LOL I like what you wrote about abusive people, spot on sweets. From a Psych point of view and a former abusee (yep I made up that word).

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

"...with huh?"

#82923 Mar 25, 2013
Angels come in unexpected forms sometimes,,, like my neighbours across the street, to society they are the lowest of the low. Drug dealers, criminals, pot heads, drunks, our version of evil hill billies basically. They protect my sons and I and are our angels in many ways. It's never wise to judge ;p

“The who whating how...”

Level 6

"...with huh?"

#82924 Mar 25, 2013
Crossed with hoodlums.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82925 Mar 25, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-...
Maybe your dreams are taking past experiences in account and preparing you for the next day. Sometimes those preparations could be right. Or maybe not.
Have you ever heard, or seen, the phrase "anything can be addictive?" It holds true, even in the cases of naturally released chemicals in the brain. Glycerin, which the effects are explained in there, is no exception. Ever notice that the results of preventing REM are almost identical to withdrawal from most drugs? It's because they are.

It's a great article, it makes things simple to understand, but sometimes when something is presented too simplistically it can also ignore several important details that most lay persons will not think to look up. Dreams are the result of several factors, the strongest being memory and the effects of the glycerin, oddly enough. But I won't spoil the ending for you, instead, look up the effects of daydreaming and why we do that for some even more interesting reading. ;)

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82926 Mar 25, 2013
Of course I typed glycerin instead of glycine, I wish there weren't so many words so similar.
Mark

United States

#82927 Mar 25, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CC/CC361_1...
Creationist Claim CC361.1:
Oil and coal can form rapidly. Their formation is more a matter of heat and pressure than of time. Millions of years are not necessary to account for them.
Source:
Morris, Henry M., 1974. Scientific Creationism, Green Forest, AR: Master Books, pp. 109-110.
Response:
Coal deposits show evidence of a history. Most coals are found in sedimentary rocks deposited in flood plains. They often contain stream channels, roots, and soil horizons. Long time may not be necessary to form the coal itself, but it is necessary to account for the context where coal is found.
Links:
MacRae, Andrew, 1994. Could coal deposits be explained by a global flood? http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/polystrate/co...
Well Gilette, as one who has worked in coal mines doing engineering/technology work off and on for over 20 years,(still ongoing), your post is really telling to me. What you have proved to me is the only knowledge you have on the subject is some cut and paste work from a few web sites. Long time ago they replicated coal formation in a period of hours using mostly bark material. If such material is covered with an overburden,(you may look up "overburden" on wiki) coal forms quickly from the weight of it. I know of no seam anywhere that shows uniform time extended erosion (look up "uniformity" or "uniformitarianism" on wiki) with any time element, otherwise I would not advocate my alternate view of geology, if it all doesn't fit, I don't compartmenalize. A miner often has to blast out petrified trees and stumps in the seams, these extending into the overburden which are mostly sandstone. Sometimes they hit oil,(decayed animals). Saw one of our mine's recently shut down over this. The whole concept of swamp formed coal is just a story in the evo textbooks. We have one mine that has Dino tracks protruding imprinted down from the lithified overburden at the 10K level in the Rockies, I wonder what he was running from up there? I will tell you ICR's work by Steve Austin is right on here, Steve has his PhD from Penn State on the subject. One should be careful of quoting current dogma on these matters unless they are your day job or you have worked the rocks yourself. It all fits for me.

M

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#82928 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
I don't know that some or most dreams come true. If something good happens you can always go back and say you had a dream about it happening, but that isn't the same thing. I had a dream that you would stop going on about the English owning the English language and that hasn't come true. How would you determine if some or all dreams come true? If you figure that out, let me know. I have been having this dream and I would love it to come true.

How would you ever know? What if you were psychotic and having psychotic dreams that God was communicating with you when in fact God is not. What are the other sources of dreams besides communication from God? Why would God choose such a vacuous and easily misinterpreted form of communication as sending messages in dreams? What are the criteria that one needs to use to determine a regular dream from a supernatural dream postcard from God? How can you tell if someone had a dream text from God or if they are making it up?

Back to that dream I am having. If I have it three times in a row, will it come true? What if the person I am dreaming about is wearing something different ever time I dream about her? Will that nullify the dream?

I think dreams are interesting. They reflect the mood, imagination, personality, stress level and state of mind of the dreamer, but I don't put much stock in them as a medium for communication with God or anyone else. If I am wrong, I would hate to see the AT&T bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min Old Sam 7,552
Letter W.. (Dec '13) 4 min Old Sam 1,013
HOW LONG can you hold YOUR SEMEN ? For men only. (Mar '12) 5 min -Lea- 45
True or False Game 6 min Old Sam 1,251
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 7 min quetzalcoatl 207
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 8 min Old Sam 6,859
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 10 min Old Sam 240
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 21 min Sweepyface 126
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 43 min Radical Miracle 25,637
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 152,441