Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 219579 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

FREE SERVANT
#82899 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Moses didn't give that, it clearly says, "God said unto Moses..." Your god told you it is OK to own other human beings...
and you follow this god?
I am not getting into what Moses told the people, but I do know Jesus and his word.
FREE SERVANT
#82900 Mar 25, 2013
Gael wrote:
I have concluded after reading all these arguments that it's a lot less taxing to just believe that God did it.
Nobody said this was supposed to be easy. Seek the truth and you will find him.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82901 Mar 25, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I am not getting into what Moses told the people, but I do know Jesus and his word.
yeah, you cult members usually run away from that nasty little part of your cult.

you follow a god that condones slavery...good for you it is just a mythical god, but that says quite a bit about your character, doesn't it? supporting and advocating for sucha cult?

St. Croix valley

#82902 Mar 25, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I am not getting into what Moses told the people, but I do know Jesus and his word.
remember, Jesus didn't take away those rules, he just said one didn't need to follow them...probably an homage to his dad/himself...hmmmm...how does that work...?

theology is fun!

St. Croix valley

#82903 Mar 25, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody said this was supposed to be easy. Seek the truth and you will find him.
seek his truth and you will find a slavery condoning cult...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#82904 Mar 25, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Duck and cover.

Hehehe.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#82905 Mar 25, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody said this was supposed to be easy. Seek the truth and you will find him.
I note that you failed to notice where I pointed out your difficulty understanding the concept of "freedom".

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#82909 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed I am. I must keep working to pay the endless taxes to support this bloated give away government. I am not free, unless I am willing to sell everything I have earned over my lifetime to pay the taxes. THAT IS SLAVERY! I know you don't feel that hardship, woody, being a government dependent and all.
Wait, you did tax evasion and now you are pissed that they're asking you to pay what everyone else has already paid? That's not only criminal, it's highly immoral.
crazy

Las Vegas, NV

#82910 Mar 25, 2013
just krazy

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#82911 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Entirely misses the point.
I think you were doing better when you were claiming English belongs to the English.
By the way, you still owe me that £500.
English belongs to the English, yes or no?
Did they colonised any colonies?
Did they offer free, expensive or affordable education?
Just answer the questions.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#82912 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it can, as long as we all agree to speak English. Your problem is you want metaphysical answers to scientific questions or scientific answers to metaphysical questions. Once you realise that ne'er the twain shall meet then the realisation of reality begins to dawn.
Why does some or most dreams come true?
Does it mean that God is communicating to us?

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#82913 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Why does some or most dreams come true?
Sure, why not?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82914 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English belongs to the English, yes or no?
Did they colonised any colonies?
Did they offer free, expensive or affordable education?
Just answer the questions.
No, it's a language, it belongs to no one.

No, they built colonies. To colonize is the act of building or forming colonies, you don't colonize colonies, that's redundant.

None of the above. Only people in England get educated by the English, everyone else is educated by ... wherever they are.

Now answer my question: Why do you refuse to ever admit that you're an uneducated moron?

Level 6

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#82915 Mar 25, 2013
Let me guess... the people on here that are throwing around insults are Christians. Right? LMAO!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82916 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
No, it's called effort and work, as well as a bit of skill.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82917 Mar 25, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Let me guess... the people on here that are throwing around insults are Christians. Right? LMAO!
A bit of both.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#82918 Mar 25, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Sadly I must admit I throw in my share.

After being taxed heavily by the ignorance and arrogance of creatards it would take the patience of a saint from throwing some insults back at them.

But trust me. Every creationist that I insult more than earned it.

Level 6

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#82919 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A bit of both.
Hey Kitten :) what's happening in the land of logic? Want to argue about something? LOL

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82920 Mar 25, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Kitten :) what's happening in the land of logic? Want to argue about something? LOL
Bored too? It's okay, I'm having a dry spell on creativity so wasting time on here hoping to spark something.

I don't think I could argue with you, it would be like arguing with the nice christian lady in the shelters who thought I was actually an angel in mortal form. Never got why, I wear a pentacle to remind me of my favorite scientific meme, but I couldn't argue with her because she was always too nice ...

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#82921 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-...
Maybe your dreams are taking past experiences in account and preparing you for the next day. Sometimes those preparations could be right. Or maybe not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min wichita-rick 211,362
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 3 min Soetoro 1,216
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 6 min Lifelover 149,507
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... (Nov '14) 16 min CJ Rocker 2,193
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 28 min honeymylove 3,198
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 30 min honeymylove 8,584
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 43 min Beth Luckys Ma Ma 71,306
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Lifelover 20,916
Back In The Day ... for the third time! 3 hr liam cul8r 242
More from around the web