Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164761 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

CBOW

Dover, PA

#82808 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that is called the price you must pay to live in a community, which is your choice. you can leave.
the fact remains that your mythical cult god condones slavery.
how can you justify this? why do you have to change the topic when it is shown what a prick your god myth is?
face it, you cult is based on a man-made myth. there is no way you can get around that fact. none, nada. zilch. zippo. your cult is a man made myth.
The price I pay is obviously supporting your pathetic arse, woody. You should have a little more respect for those that clothe and feed you. Slavery was an aspect of the Old Testament, but it's obvious that it wasn't the only aspect, since God delivered His people from slavery in Egypt. Get a grip and quit cherry picking for your own glory woody.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82809 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Not without being investigated. C'mon, woody. The government audited anyone with off shore accounts because they wanted the funds re-patriated to US soil for taxation purposes. Now who isn't keeping up?
no they did not want the funds "repatriated".

you really have no idea what you are talking about.

the lie that you own a business is being proved more and more with every one of your ignorant posts...

why do you insist on making such a damned fool of yourself?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82810 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>But wild guesses by man is most welcome, right?
If you can point out where exactly in the Bible it predicts cosmic background radiation levels to an accuracy of 3 parts per million then we might go with your story. Until then we'll stick with the Big Bang theory.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82811 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>If the inspired word of God said so I would believe it!
If only you had it. Unfortunately you don't.

"Inspiration" means jack. Lotsa people claimed to be "inspired by God" back in the sixties when they made great music.

Turns out they were just high.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82812 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Our own government does, THEY'RE CALLED TAXPAYERS.
So you'd rather dig your own toilet?

If you don't like paying tax you could always go live on Hashima Island.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82813 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAAAAAAA! Yeah, right! Who is doing the enslaving, fool. NOT GOD! Humans! Morals, hehehehehhe. LOL OMG!!!!
Um, yes. God is doing the enslaving. That's why he explicitly sanctions it in his most popular book.

Oh, and then you get to spend an eternity in "paradise" licking his feet and telling him how fu king great he is.

Hence: SLAVERY.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82814 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I have never seen in scripture where one is told to hold slaves. Show me where it says for us to own them...
Oh, sorry. Since you are a Christian and all we figured you had actually read the Bible.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#82815 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they are inherent to our universe.
i already told you what brought about the stars...do try to keep up, dear...
Then i went further to ask you what brought about the stars and the likes, you refused to answer.
The use of language or grammar can never answer or fit in into spiritual grammar or language.
Understand that!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82816 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>There is evidence MUCH greater than scientific showing the worlds and all in them were/are intelligently designed.
If it ain't scientific it ain't objective evidence.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82817 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The price I pay is obviously supporting your pathetic arse, woody. You should have a little more respect for those that clothe and feed you. Slavery was an aspect of the Old Testament, but it's obvious that it wasn't the only aspect, since God delivered His people from slavery in Egypt. Get a grip and quit cherry picking for your own glory woody.
I support myself, thatnk you...

regardless of which testament it was in..your god myth clearly said that slavery was OK.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82818 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So you'd rather dig your own toilet?
If you don't like paying tax you could always go live on Hashima Island.(shrug)
I already have, I installed the sand mound. Oh geez, and the gubmint had NOTHING to do with it except dictating policy on it's size. Yep, they're so great! I believe that's called BUREAUCRACY!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82819 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed I am. I must keep working to pay the endless taxes to support this bloated give away government. I am not free, unless I am willing to sell everything I have earned over my lifetime to pay the taxes. THAT IS SLAVERY! I know you don't feel that hardship, woody, being a government dependent and all.
Actually that's not the case. You could win the lottery or inherit a trust fund and you'd still have to pay taxes. But on the other hand you are free to leave.

However the services provided by the Government must be paid for by the economy somehow. Currently the chosen practice is capitalism. If you don't want to be a "slave" you could always vote for the Communist party if you prefer. That way everyone's benefits are the same no matter what they do and no-one is subservient to the other.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82820 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The only lie is that that you peddle. Slavery is NOT whips and chains, but bondage. BOUND by the taxation that has become a way of this government. You think you're free woody? Nope, you live in bondage the same way I do. My only true freedom is given to me by Our Holy Father and Jesus Christ.
"Worship or burn = freedom."

Fundie mentality never ceases to amaze.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82821 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no they did not want the funds "repatriated".
the lie that you own a business is being proved more and more with every one of your ignorant posts...
BULL woody, my accounting firm decided against over seas banking because of it. What does a government dependent know of it anyway? Huh woody? Calling me a liar about my own business?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#82822 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no they did not want the funds "repatriated".
Well... East Berlin, PA is within smiting distance of Dover... you know... where the lying fundie nut-bags got their asses handed to them by a conservative federal judge over teaching IDiocy in public achools
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82823 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>"Just in terms of DNA evidence alone, a single breeding pair would not work."
There wasn't a single breeding pair. Why do you keep insisting there were? Adam and Eve weren't the first or only humans on earth. MAN AND MAID were created before Adam and Eve. They are the women from the Land of Nod that Cain and Abel bred with.
Oh well I guess that's alright then.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82824 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Not without being investigated. C'mon, woody. The government audited anyone with off shore accounts because they wanted the funds re-patriated to US soil for taxation purposes. Now who isn't keeping up?
Probably had something to do with the fact they were still living on local soil, lying about their gross income and not paying their fair percentage.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82825 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, yes. God is doing the enslaving. That's why he explicitly sanctions it in his most popular book.
Oh, and then you get to spend an eternity in "paradise" licking his feet and telling him how fu king great he is.
Hence: SLAVERY.
If that were the case dude, God would be here in the flesh. mmmmm. As I recall, He sent His Son to cancel out the previous laws which included slavery. Stop living in the past dude. No one else is.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82826 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The raw materials for the snow flakes are nothing but water.
Water are one of the works of creation.
Entirely misses the point.

I think you were doing better when you were claiming English belongs to the English.

By the way, you still owe me that 500.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82827 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
"Worship or burn = freedom."
Fundie mentality never ceases to amaze.
What's wrong with that? Our gubmint would have it that we worship them. So how's your kneeling coming before that queeeeeen?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Duke professor: Blacks riot because they're laz... 3 min Moorspeaks 231
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 4 min DILF 746
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 5 min Krypteia 1,040
motorcycle traveling stories 8 min Fuzzy Sock 783
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 14 min Mechanic 5,117
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 14 min Hoosier Hillbilly 32,115
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 23 min Fuzzy Sock 1,712
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 24 min CJ Rocker 163,264
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 47 min Fuzzy Sock 115
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr Sublime1 8,302
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr TALLYHO 8541 40,832
More from around the web