Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216695 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82777 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so when the inspired word of god tells you in no uncertain terms that it is OK to own slaves, you believe that also?
Our own government does, THEY'RE CALLED TAXPAYERS.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82778 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
you are absolutely free to leave the US nad stop paying taxes to it at any time.

why do yu have to lie so much?

St. Croix valley

#82779 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
is it that realizing that humans have better morals than your made up god upsets you and makes you relaize your cult lied to you?...again...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#82780 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you don't want the answer, because it doesn't fit the non-answer you made up.
Likewise.

Level 2

Location hidden

#82781 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I assumed it was a typo as well as an incomplete sentence. When you don't use proper grammar and spelling, that's what happens.
Some times i wonder whether you guys have brains.
Have you forgotten what you posted?
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82782 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are absolutely free to leave the US nad stop paying taxes to it at any time.
why do yu have to lie so much?
How is it a lie to acknowledge that most taxes are not based on need but want? I know you're on the government dole, but don't be disingenuous too, woody.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82783 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>is it that realizing that humans have better morals than your made up god upsets you and makes you relaize your cult lied to you?...again...
HAHAHAAAAAAAA! Yeah, right! Who is doing the enslaving, fool. NOT GOD! Humans! Morals, hehehehehhe. LOL OMG!!!!
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#82784 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so when the inspired word of god tells you in no uncertain terms that it is OK to own slaves, you believe that also?
I have never seen in scripture where one is told to hold slaves. Show me where it says for us to own them...

Level 2

Location hidden

#82785 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the fact that it was expanding. the stars accreted matter through gravity.
again, more 6th grade stuff. see? this is what happens when silly stone age myths are taught nstead of real science, you get igni=orant people like you.
What brought about the stars, matter and gravity, just to mention a few?
These questions are both beyond humans and science.
Just get over that. You can not answer the question, because no one except God can.
Patriot

Nashville, TN

#82786 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it would not seem that way to anyone with a thinking, rational mind...
why do you not believe all the other creation myths that abound in the history of humans. can you point ot anything in your myth that lends it more credence than any other creation myth?
There is evidence MUCH greater than scientific showing the worlds and all in them were/are intelligently designed.

St. Croix valley

#82787 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAAAAAAA! Yeah, right! Who is doing the enslaving, fool. NOT GOD! Humans! Morals, hehehehehhe. LOL OMG!!!!
ye tyou are not a slave, as i pointed out...

logic is not your forte.

St. Croix valley

#82788 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>There is evidence MUCH greater than scientific showing the worlds and all in them were/are intelligently designed.
Actually, in the real world there is not one single shred of such evidence, or you would have already provided it. and there would be a scientific theory of intelligent design, yet no-one on the planet has been able to forward such a theory...not even a hypothesis, as that would require that first shred of evidence to support the idea...

why do you have to continue to lie about this? isn't your cult against lying?

St. Croix valley

#82789 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> What brought about the stars, matter and gravity, just to mention a few?
These questions are both beyond humans and science.
Just get over that. You can not answer the question, because no one except God can.
they are inherent to our universe.

i already told you what brought about the stars...do try to keep up, dear...

St. Croix valley

#82790 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it a lie to acknowledge that most taxes are not based on need but want? I know you're on the government dole, but don't be disingenuous too, woody.
it is a lie because you re not a slave.

again, why do you have to lie so much? there must be some huge freakin' fundamental flaw in your worldview...

St. Croix valley

#82791 Mar 25, 2013
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>I have never seen in scripture where one is told to hold slaves. Show me where it says for us to own them...
Why do you not know your own bible , yet profess to say it is the truth?

how can you honestly say that when you don't even know what your bible says?!?

try the leviticus chapter. read the whole thing, it wil be good for you...

your god says it is OK to won slaves. no way around it. your cult is based on the word of man, not some god.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#82792 Mar 25, 2013
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, HOW THE [email protected] CAN YOU HAVE "NATURAL SELECTION" WITHOUT A "NATURAL INTELLIGENCE"?
It's "natural selection," not deliberate, conscious HUMAN selection. The circumstances in nature surrounding a species do the selecting, although not consciously.

In a temperate forest, brown rabbits will be nearly invisible and will tend to survive long enough to breed a lot and pass those genes for brown fur down the line.

Rabbits born with a random mutation that gives white fur, by contrast, will likely be HIGHLY visible to predators and get picked off easily. So they will probably not live long enough to have many litters, and slowly (or quickly) that gene for white fur will die out of the population.

Natural selection. Not deliberate, not conscious.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82793 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ye tyou are not a slave, as i pointed out...
logic is not your forte.
Yes indeed I am. I must keep working to pay the endless taxes to support this bloated give away government. I am not free, unless I am willing to sell everything I have earned over my lifetime to pay the taxes. THAT IS SLAVERY! I know you don't feel that hardship, woody, being a government dependent and all.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#82794 Mar 25, 2013
adif understanding wrote:
<quoted text>You have absolutely no scientific evidence that Adam and Even are not true.
We know form both the fossil record and the DNA record that there were no two "first humans," nor could there ever have been.

A lot of homo sapiens evolved together out of a lot of earlier, proto-human species.

Just in terms of DNA evidence alone, a single breeding pair would not work.

Did your Jesus put a "soul" into human being sat some pint? Possibly. But it certainly never happened in the broad or the specific terms of the Adam and Eve story in Genesis.

St. Croix valley

#82795 Mar 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes indeed I am. I must keep working to pay the endless taxes to support this bloated give away government. I am not free, unless I am willing to sell everything I have earned over my lifetime to pay the taxes. THAT IS SLAVERY! I know you don't feel that hardship, woody, being a government dependent and all.
and you are free to do that. your choice.

morre lies..more lies about me, more lies about our country...is there anything you won't lie about?
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82796 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is a lie because you re not a slave.
again, why do you have to lie so much? there must be some huge freakin' fundamental flaw in your worldview...
The only lie is that that you peddle. Slavery is NOT whips and chains, but bondage. BOUND by the taxation that has become a way of this government. You think you're free woody? Nope, you live in bondage the same way I do. My only true freedom is given to me by Our Holy Father and Jesus Christ. This government has taken freedom, not given it. Such is the way of mankind. Mankind will NEVER be in a position to give freedom, only take it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 min Denny CranesPlace 20,450
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min Denny CranesPlace 67,156
Any Word ! (Mar '11) 5 min Princess Hey 6,395
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 11 min Princess Hey 48,260
News Trump's bizarre claim that the Clinton email co... 11 min Rider on the Storm 999
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 28 min Mr_FX 61,050
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 30 min Mr_FX 2,380
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 45 min Bad Bex 10,580
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 52 min Truth 55
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sublime1 206,953
More from around the web