Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205551 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82726 Mar 25, 2013
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
My power is all around me, and you too;
All matter and energy have potential;
You just cant see that if energy and matter generated something like a human brain; then energy and matter must have the potential/capacity for intelligent behavior.
If they don't, then you will never demonstrate intelligence; even if you create an Omniscient God.
Intelligent is as intelligent does: so the efficiency of the processes of nature reveal a natural intelligence at work.
BTW, HOW THE [email protected] CAN YOU HAVE "NATURAL SELECTION" WITHOUT A "NATURAL INTELLIGENCE"?
A disposition is not a choice; so the tendency for a specific type of traits to survive or emerge does not describe a "SELECTION".
Carbon has the potential for intelligence. We are carbon based organisms. Carbon is not intelligence.

And you can have natural selection quite easily. Some rain falls on land. Some rain falls on water. Natural selection. That does not mean someone's deliberately pushing those bodies under the rain or that there's someone up there with a magic watering can.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82727 Mar 25, 2013
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
What have you been proving, except that you are a [email protected] clown?

What is more logically sound to conclude after you observe two (2)different structures that have common parts:

A. That both structures were made under similar in similar processes

OR

B. That both are from the same object..?
Depends on the mechanisms involved. Remember that in both the case of design and evolution we can observe these mechanisms in action. We cannot observe the mechanisms of your God. You simply take natural events and baselessly declare some enigmatic intelligence behind the whole thing.

This might even be true, but since no other creationist on the planet has ever been able to show this I doubt you're any different. And some of those are scientists.
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
I rest my case.
You had none.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82728 Mar 25, 2013
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets start simple:
Power: "ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something."
[http://dictionary.reference.c om/browse/power]
<quoted text>
But reality does conform to logic; else it would not facilitate the inventions we design by rational employment of our thinking capacities.
You are speaking of a logic that is not known. We cannot make presumptions on this logic you invoke since the logic of the universe would require complete knowledge of it. And that we do not have.
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
So I know that whatever created "Reality" was not mindless nor unintelligent.
No, you have merely assumed that in the axioms of your logical model. But currently you have no evidence. You may be right. You may be wrong. And since you are not God then I question your logic. With good reason. You are attempting to make a logical argument based on a state of multiversal reality of which you have zero knowledge of and zero evidence for your assertions.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82729 Mar 25, 2013
Samurai jack wrote:
i know only a few things about biology but for me creation stands totally flutering infront of evolution...
That explains it.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82730 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse, Air, water as well as the universe.
Now answer the question?
You were asking the question of whether only atheists or theists were educated in the world in general.

Well I can't talk about the world in general, but on these forums, creationists (not theists in general) tend to be lacking in education.

Which is why you're referring to Earth, Air, Fire and Water as "elements".

Granted you learned English pretty darn good, so kudos for that.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#82731 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd worry about siding with Bohart, he's an uneducated liar. Meaning he's uneducated, lies a lot and isn't even very good at that.
<quoted text>
Oh, the irony of someone whose beef with science is that there's not enough Jewish magic in it.
Your mistake here is that science or scientists or promoters of science have an atheistic agenda to ignore the supernatural. That is simply not the case. Quite simply there is nothing to ignore, except for the shrill crows of creationists who whine that no-one takes their baseless religious opinions seriously.
Science does NOT operate on the assumption of PHILOSOPHICAL naturalism. It rests upon something much more practical - METHODOLOGICAL naturalism.
See, science doesn't give two hoots about any claims you make be they "supernatural" or not. You are more than free to propose any Gods, fairies, witches, ghosts, ghoulies, goblins, wizards, absolutely positively anything you like. All science demands is that it passes the scientific method. The problem with your side is that not one of you have managed to make the "supernatural" pass the scientific method or even come up with a testable hypothesis. And you've had a 4,000 year head start.
That's NOT our problem.
If your beef is about atheists and atheism there's a separate forum for that. Science on the other hand doesn't care. It works the same way for everyone no matter what they believe or who they vote for.
Hey you forgot to call me a creatard,...remember your religious defense mechanisms!

1. scream liar,liar
2. accusations of being uneducated
3. Name calling, creatard etc.
4. Bragg on your own intellectual superiority

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82732 Mar 25, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you forgot to call me a creatard,...remember your religious defense mechanisms!
1. scream liar,liar
i think you just described every single one of your posts...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#82733 Mar 25, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly why do you believe this?
Because they are the sources or the foundations of those languages.
Francophone nations all had respect for the people and nations of France.

Level 2

Location hidden

#82734 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not a bird.
Bird?
I meant, " foul ", and not, " fowl".

Level 2

Location hidden

#82735 Mar 25, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You were asking the question of whether only atheists or theists were educated in the world in general.
Well I can't talk about the world in general, but on these forums, creationists (not theists in general) tend to be lacking in education.
Which is why you're referring to Earth, Air, Fire and Water as "elements".
Granted you learned English pretty darn good, so kudos for that.
Tub, you are wrong.
The elements includes the air, water, etc.
While the universe comprises of the earth and other planetary bodies.
Look before you leap!
" As well as the universe", meant that, he should tell me how they both came into existence.

St. Croix valley

#82736 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Because they are the sources or the foundations of those languages.
Francophone nations all had respect for the people and nations of France.
you means their slave holdings and colonies? sure they really respected the people of france...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#82737 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Bird?
I meant, " foul ", and not, " fowl".
It was difficult to tell what you meant, since it was not a complete sentence.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#82738 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Tub, you are wrong.
Look before you leap!
" As well as the universe", meant that, he should tell me how they both came into existence.
Wow, you are archaic. I suppose you believe you can turn lead into gold with fancy words and crystals as well.

St. Croix valley

#82739 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Look before you leap!
air and water are elements? seriously?!?

how bout good ol' flogiston and aether?

Level 2

Location hidden

#82740 Mar 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you means their slave holdings and colonies? sure they really respected the people of france...
I am not talking about colonisation, but language.
Though, colonisations are in a way part of the spread.

Level 2

Location hidden

#82741 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are archaic. I suppose you believe you can turn lead into gold with fancy words and crystals as well.
Don't change the question.
Show me clearly how did the universe and all its elements, compounds came into form?
Waiting!

Level 2

Location hidden

#82742 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It was difficult to tell what you meant, since it was not a complete sentence.
Then why did you use the word, bird?

St. Croix valley

#82743 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Don't change the question.
Show me clearly how did the universe and all its elements, compounds came into form?
Waiting!
the universe cooled and matter was able to form into the simplest elements (which do not include air or water...) and then the stars formed the rest of the elements.

this really is kind of 6th grade level stuff, how come you don't know it?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82744 Mar 25, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
1. scream liar,liar
You forgot this:

5. Make sure I'm correct.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#82745 Mar 25, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Look before you leap!
Ah, my bad. Silly me for relying on that stupid old periodic table and stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min 8541 MARINE 60,036
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 9 min Poppyann 44,709
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min CJ Rocker 197,864
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 38 min oddie 20,032
News new Women bare breasts for gender equality on G... 47 min P Ness 39
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 59 min Beautiful Black M... 8,873
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 33,389
2words into 2new words (May '12) 4 hr Poppyann 3,932
More from around the web