Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164475 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

HOG_Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#82664 Mar 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
No not garbage, you cannot even try to argue against it without spouting undefined nonsense.
What is "THE ALMIGHTY"? What is "POWER"? Or "POTENTIAL" for that matter?
Tell me exactly what I am supposedly denying so that I can see if there is any truth to your claim.
It seems to me like you are merely blowing smoke.
Is it that the terms are undefined, or is it that you are illiterate?

You did high school physics right?

It doesnt even have to be that complicated. Can you as much as read a basic English Language Dictionary?

A simple English dictionary should be sufficient to define the terms if you did not already know them.

Does being a scientific thinker require you to be that retarded; or is it just you?

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#82665 Mar 24, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So, tell me how did the universe and all its elements came into form?
Before modern civilisation, there was ancient civilisation, i hope you know that?
elements?

No where did you learn about elements?

You seem to accept that.

But I'm assuming that you accept that Carbon, Helium, Plutonium, etc. exists.

Or when you say elements, do you mean Air, Earth, Fire and Water?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#82666 Mar 24, 2013
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your facts from?
You can't even properly spell the word "civilization". You don't have the ability to comprehend truth.
I disagree with Chuckles one hundred percent. But his spelling of "civilisation" is the British variation. Our method of spelling could be said to be "wrong". We tried to improve the spelling of words in the English language in the U.S. but fell shot. The spelling of U.S. English is only slightly better than the traditional English way. Of course our British and Australian members may disagree.
HOG_Hand of God

Kingston, Jamaica

#82667 Mar 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You still have not defined "power"...
Lets start simple:

Power: "ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something."

[http://dictionary.reference.c om/browse/power]
Subduction Zone wrote:
Reality is not respectful of gods.
But reality does conform to logic; else it would not facilitate the inventions we design by rational employment of our thinking capacities.

So I know that whatever created "Reality" was not mindless nor unintelligent.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#82668 Mar 24, 2013
greymouser wrote:
<quoted text>
"Anybody can Google the bible, ya know?"
And that's a big problem for theists...
Just like the printing press and translating the Bible into the local language was a big problem for the Catholic church.
That's not much of an argument for or against anything. It must be way past your bedtime? Try again tomorrow, wimp.
Samurai jack

Satellite Provider

#82669 Mar 24, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with Chuckles one hundred percent. But his spelling of "civilisation" is the British variation. Our method of spelling could be said to be "wrong". We tried to improve the spelling of words in the English language in the U.S. but fell shot. The spelling of U.S. English is only slightly better than the traditional English way. Of course our British and Australian members may disagree.
what's the difference between US ENG And British English
Samurai jack

Satellite Provider

#82670 Mar 24, 2013
i think US English may be tougher than British, because US english holds huge usage of sentences/word, which are based on sense and logic.....
for instance, I am up/off,

Location hidden

#82671 Mar 24, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So everything is a mutation of it's mother source of DNA? LOL
Ok. Next.
KK is confused, as usual. It is not mutations that keep a fertilized egg from being a clone.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#82672 Mar 25, 2013
HOG_Hand of God wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets start simple:
Power: "ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something."
[http://dictionary.reference.c om/browse/power]
<quoted text>
But reality does conform to logic; else it would not facilitate the inventions we design by rational employment of our thinking capacities.
So I know that whatever created "Reality" was not mindless nor unintelligent.
I know the dictionary meaning of those words. You are using them in a way that is not normal.

So you failed once, don't give up.

What is a working definition of "the power".

Level 9

Everett, WA

#82673 Mar 25, 2013
Samurai jack wrote:
<quoted text> what's the difference between US ENG And British English
Mostly minor spelling differences. In the U.S. we differentiate between the "s" sound and the "z" sound in the middle of a word. So U.S. "civilize", British "civilise". We also drop some letters that are not pronounced, U.S. "program" British "programme". And U.S. "color", British "colour". There are a few others too. British people seem to be unable to pronounce the names of a couple of U.S. car makes. They mispronounce "Chrysler" to "Crizeler" and "Tesla" to "Tezzla". Of course they love the way that we say "Jaguar":^D

Location hidden

#82674 Mar 25, 2013
Samurai jack wrote:
<quoted text> what's the difference between US ENG And British English
Habit.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#82675 Mar 25, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn about genes and DNA.
Projection.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82676 Mar 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>KK is confused, as usual. It is not mutations that keep a fertilized egg from being a clone.
Perhaps then you could explain what it is. Prove you have one working braincell, if it's not mutation, then what is it that causes the differences?

Location hidden

#82677 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps then you could explain what it is. Prove you have one working braincell, if it's not mutation, then what is it that causes the differences?
23 chromosomes from both parents blend inside the egg to make a new, unique individual...

...dumbass. They don't mutate.

Too bad you refuse to see things as they really are. You're missing out. There is a HUGE difference between your twisted fantasy life and reality.
Samurai jack

Satellite Provider

#82679 Mar 25, 2013
is here everyone proffessor?

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#82680 Mar 25, 2013
So... which animal did we evolve from this week?

Location hidden

#82681 Mar 25, 2013
Samurai jack wrote:
is here everyone proffessor?
Is that what these gahywads told you, that they are professors?!! That's hilarious.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82682 Mar 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>23 chromosomes from both parents blend inside the egg to make a new, unique individual...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BFrVmDgh4v4XX
...dumbass. They don't mutate.
Too bad you refuse to see things as they really are. You're missing out. There is a HUGE difference between your twisted fantasy life and reality.
That would not be that different. lol

Let's pretend that no mutations happen, then assume your mythology has some merit ... everyone would look identical, because one of the first humans in your myth was a clone of the other.

Now let's pretend there were a hundred different humans from the start, being generous here. After about 1,000 generations they would all again, look identical because of the lacking variation.

No matter how you twist it, you can't mix the same thing over and over again and expect different results, it doesn't work like that.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#82683 Mar 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Is that what these gahywads told you, that they are professors?!! That's hilarious.
Why not? Compared to you, we're all Einsteins here, even Urban Cowboy is compared to you. You don't listen to anyone, and you don't even analyze evidence on your own, you just regurgitate everything that supports your paranoia.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#82684 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That would not be that different. lol
Let's pretend that no mutations happen, then assume your mythology has some merit ... everyone would look identical, because one of the first humans in your myth was a clone of the other.
Now let's pretend there were a hundred different humans from the start, being generous here. After about 1,000 generations they would all again, look identical because of the lacking variation.
No matter how you twist it, you can't mix the same thing over and over again and expect different results, it doesn't work like that.
A gene mutation is a permanent change in the DNA sequence that makes up a gene. Mutations range in size from a single DNA building block (DNA base) to a large segment of a chromosome.

Gene mutations occur in two ways: they can be inherited from a parent or acquired during a personís lifetime. Mutations that are passed from parent to child are called hereditary mutations or germline mutations (because they are present in the egg and sperm cells, which are also called germ cells). This type of mutation is present throughout a personís life in virtually every cell in the body.

Mutations that occur only in an egg or sperm cell, or those that occur just after fertilization, are called new (de novo) mutations. De novo mutations may explain genetic disorders in which an affected child has a mutation in every cell, but has no family history of the disorder.

Acquired (or somatic) mutations occur in the DNA of individual cells at some time during a personís life. These changes can be caused by environmental factors such as ultraviolet radiation from the sun, or can occur if a mistake is made as DNA copies itself during cell division. Acquired mutations in somatic cells (cells other than sperm and egg cells) cannot be passed on to the next generation.

Mutations may also occur in a single cell within an early embryo. As all the cells divide during growth and development, the individual will have some cells with the mutation and some cells without the genetic change. This situation is called mosaicism.

Some genetic changes are very rare; others are common in the population. Genetic changes that occur in more than 1 percent of the population are called polymorphisms. They are common enough to be considered a normal variation in the DNA. Polymorphisms are responsible for many of the normal differences between people such as eye color, hair color, and blood type. Although many polymorphisms have no negative effects on a personís health, some of these variations may influence the risk of developing certain disorders

Thanks Kitchen Klutter for proving once again what a pompous intellectual fraud you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islamic Muslims 28 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 31 min Glory Be 28,913
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 18,246
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 1 hr mr goodwrench 8,432
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 40,774
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 1 hr Mega Monster 2,383
SONGS about PLACES....title or lyrics (Jun '08) 1 hr Glory Be 666
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr the rest is silence 163,091
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 4 hr beatlesinafog 666
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 5 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 31,999
News New and Totally Bizarre Baby Names 10 hr Spotted Girl 9
More from around the web