Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82312 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Back peddling, woody?
Not at all. the myth is incorrect. your cult lied to you...again...
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82313 Mar 22, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
As Marx said, "Religion is the opiate of the people." Thanks for agreeing. Got any OTHER communist sympathies? LOL
Religion is manmade, but spirituality is God's.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#82314 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, no original thoughts, that must be why I hold 4 US patents on a robotic device. DUH!
Just because you are an idiot where evolution is concerned does not mean that you are an idiot in everything.

I am not saying that you do or don't have 4 US patents. They are not all that difficult to get and it is also very easy to lie about them. My point is that there are even a few bright scientists who can do actual science that disagree with evolution. They have one thing in common. When they disagree with evolution they abandon the scientific method and work more off of emotions. They will not write a peer reviewable paper that supports their claim. Instead they avoid that process because all of their errors would be made apparent in the peer review process and they find their errors comforting, as they find their religion comforting.

Evolution threatens many Christians religion. They would rather believe anything but the truth.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82315 Mar 22, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet humans wrote your Bible and humans have taught it to you and told you exactly what "The Truth™" is.
Nope, sorry to burst your bubble, but no one taught me the Word. I reject the doctrine set forth by religion. The fact is, the Word is something no one else can teach you. It's up to you to find truth in it.

St. Croix valley

#82316 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is manmade, but spirituality is God's.
Gods are man-made. all the thousands of them. this is why they all have human traits such as jealousy and pettyness and vindictiveness...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#82317 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
True Christians hate No one. That isn't what Jesus taught. To blame God or Jesus for human shortcomings is nonsense. It goes back to what I said, humans are fallible and not very trust-worthy.
You could not ask for a more obvious case of the "No True Scotsman Fallacy". This is merely your reason for excusing some of the evils that Christians do. Whether it is Hitler, that crazy guy who brings antigay protests to military funerals, David Koresh,or countless other loonies, they were all Christians and no amount of denial will take that fact away.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82318 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you are an idiot where evolution is concerned does not mean that you are an idiot in everything.
I am not saying that you do or don't have 4 US patents. They are not all that difficult to get and it is also very easy to lie about them. My point is that there are even a few bright scientists who can do actual science that disagree with evolution. They have one thing in common. When they disagree with evolution they abandon the scientific method and work more off of emotions. They will not write a peer reviewable paper that supports their claim. Instead they avoid that process because all of their errors would be made apparent in the peer review process and they find their errors comforting, as they find their religion comforting.
Evolution threatens many Christians religion. They would rather believe anything but the truth.
\
I hold 4 Us patents on an engineered product using metallurgy and machine dynamics. To say that science isn't in my background is foolish. To say that evolution and God can't co-exist is also very foolish.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#82319 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry no one prays for you, but, I will start. Ever hear of trials and tribulations?
Prayer is a demonstrable false triviality
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82320 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Gods are man-made. all the thousands of them. this is why they all have human traits such as jealousy and pettyness and vindictiveness...
You have that backwards woody, it's why WE have jealousy and pettiness. We were made in God's likeness. We came after Him. Does your kid possess your traits, or do you possess his. LOL!
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82321 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You could not ask for a more obvious case of the "No True Scotsman Fallacy". This is merely your reason for excusing some of the evils that Christians do. Whether it is Hitler, that crazy guy who brings antigay protests to military funerals, David Koresh,or countless other loonies, they were all Christians and no amount of denial will take that fact away.
Great, blaming God for the disobedience of His children. Well, we should bring back punishment for the parents of these horrendous children these days, since we can't hold them responsible for their own actions. Get ready to serve time and pay your kids' debts. LOL!
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82322 Mar 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Prayer is a demonstrable false triviality
Only to you, I will still pray for you.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82323 Mar 22, 2013
So long for the weekend, I will drink a beer in your honor! God bless......

St. Croix valley

#82324 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
i find it hard to believe that someone who developed robotics patenets would refer to ur space exploration vehicles as space junk...

the bullshit meter spikes high with this one...

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#82325 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Only if you refuse to accept that it's incomplete. What other parts, do tell.
The reality of Adam and Eve is demonstrable false.

Of course the flood

Tower of Babel

Exodus

Joshua's exploits

St. Croix valley

#82326 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You have that backwards woody, it's why WE have jealousy and pettiness. We were made in God's likeness. We came after Him. Does your kid possess your traits, or do you possess his. LOL!
a god has pettyness? an infallible god? are you sure about that?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#82327 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>\
I hold 4 Us patents on an engineered product using metallurgy and machine dynamics. To say that science isn't in my background is foolish. To say that evolution and God can't co-exist is also very foolish.
And I have never claimed that. But to insist that the myths of Genesis are true is far more foolish.

As I said, believing the myths of Genesis does not necessarily mean that you are an idiot. You simply cannot use science to defend them since they are demonstrably false.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#82328 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Great, blaming God for the disobedience of His children. Well, we should bring back punishment for the parents of these horrendous children these days, since we can't hold them responsible for their own actions. Get ready to serve time and pay your kids' debts. LOL!
If you are going to claim your God exists then yes. He is at fault if he is both omnipotent and omniscient. It is only logical. Parents are responsible for their children until they are grown. You do have to pay your kids debts up until that point and parents are neither omniscient nor omnipotent. With more power comes more responsibility. So yes, your god is responsible for the sins of HIS creation.

That is of course if he exists at all. If he punishes his own creation for faults that he allowed them to acquire then he is immoral. If he punishes them forever for these minor flaws he is infinitely immoral.

A lot of atheists are atheists because they do not believe in an immoral god and all of the man made gods are immoral.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#82329 Mar 22, 2013
Oops, except for the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

rAmen.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#82330 Mar 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Just get over that.
When talking about people, you are also directly or indirectly talking to your self, because you are also human( people or a person).
Yes, I was once as immature as you and bought into "herbalism" and "new age healing," I just grew out of my childish things, thus it never became delusion. You have not, thus your imaginary friend you call god is a delusion.

St. Croix valley

#82331 Mar 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I was once as immature as you and bought into "herbalism" and "new age healing," I just grew out of my childish things, thus it never became delusion. You have not, thus your imaginary friend you call god is a delusion.
i too, turned to finding some type of spiritualism after realizing religion is a hoax.(@ age ten or so...) many people do. it usually doesn't last too long unless they find a way to make money from it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 4 min fadu singh 1,117
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min Jennifer Renee 7,621
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 10 min whatimeisit 30,327
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 12 min Not the Pie 25,751
Police Brutality 16 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 22 min Harrison Freebird 24,122
Broken treetop hanging on wire gets holiday decor 28 min Joke of the Day 8
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr Madison Rose 350
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 hr wichita-rick 152,551
More from around the web