Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171647 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

CBOW

Dover, PA

#82295 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, like they documented it back then...
brings up a point about documentation, since we have proved yoru god didn't even get his creation story correct...
if people knew jesus was a god, they would have written down everyt single thing he evr uttered. they would have saved his used clothes and snot rags..they would have documented every single thing he did. they did not. they did not believe he was a god, people used his myth after his life for their political purposes. your god is nothing more than a ploitical advert...
What people are you referring to? I don't believe Jesus IS God. He never claimed to be. How much do you really understand from the New Testament, woody? Jesus never claimed He was God, but the Son of God. In no place does it ever claim he WAS God. He came as our Savior, as our bond back to God that had been broken by disobedience. Why do you insist on calling Jesus God?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82296 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh, I didn't say well after, that's your term. The Heavens and earth were created in 7 "days". Cut the crap, woody.
regardless of how long after, that is not how it happened and we know that.

your cult lied to you...again...

the universe was not created in 7 days. we know that for a fact.

your cult lied to you....again....
Elohim

Branford, CT

#82297 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh, I didn't say well after, that's your term. The Heavens and earth were created in 7 "days". Cut the crap, woody.
According to the book of myths your cult uses.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#82298 Mar 22, 2013
In the day that God created the heaven and the earth, he could have began his work to see that it was good and it might have taken six days for him to compete this.

St. Croix valley

#82299 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>\
Once again, the Bible doesn't specify a timeline between "in the beginning" and after Christ's death, except for the creation of heaven and earth being 7 days. Duh!
No, science created that timeline and it doesn't gibe with your myth.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82300 Mar 22, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
It ISN'T necessarily (unless it is taken to the extremes that some "Christians" do and leads to gay-hating, etc.
But the same comment about "plumb line" could be said, and IS said, by the Muslims, the Buddhists and the Hindus about THEIR holy books.
True Christians hate No one. That isn't what Jesus taught. To blame God or Jesus for human shortcomings is nonsense. It goes back to what I said, humans are fallible and not very trust-worthy.

St. Croix valley

#82301 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
They had better rock it for 10,000 years plus then.....
yeah sure...your cults of judaism, christianity and islam will be long dead by then...
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82302 Mar 22, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
SUre he does.(((wink)))
Helps you folks get to sleep at night, doesn't it?
At least be HONEST with yourselves that that is what you are doing, though.
Beats Ambien any day of the week. Give it a try.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82303 Mar 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry my friend, but Genesis IS factually incorrect....provably incorrect. Other parts are also incorrect.
Only if you refuse to accept that it's incomplete. What other parts, do tell.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82304 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Guess that divine inspiriation that is needed to interpret the bible has fallen flat on its face...again...
How so? You obviously don't possess any form of it, based on some of your posts. All your comments would have required were basic reading skills, alas....
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#82305 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Beats Ambien any day of the week. Give it a try.
As Marx said, "Religion is the opiate of the people." Thanks for agreeing. Got any OTHER communist sympathies? LOL
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82306 Mar 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"God" does not answer prayers for the simple reason that "God" does not exist.
There's been a number of studies done on this question and prayer has never been proven true. Also there is the fact that down thru the written history of our species, "God" has NEVER restored the missing limb(s) of a amputee. Surely there could have been just ONE that qualified for "God's" mercy.
I am sorry no one prays for you, but, I will start. Ever hear of trials and tribulations?
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#82307 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
. It goes back to what I said, humans are fallible and not very trust-worthy.
And yet humans wrote your Bible and humans have taught it to you and told you exactly what "The Truth™" is.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82308 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>regardless of how long after, that is not how it happened and we know that.
your cult lied to you...again...
the universe was not created in 7 days. we know that for a fact.
your cult lied to you....again....
Back peddling, woody?
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82309 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, science created that timeline and it doesn't gibe with your myth.
Science, a manmade ideal supported by only manmade theories. Science created NOTHING.
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82310 Mar 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah sure...your cults of judaism, christianity and islam will be long dead by then...
Doubt it, they have survived the likes of you this long....

St. Croix valley

#82311 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? You obviously don't possess any form of it, based on some of your posts. All your comments would have required were basic reading skills, alas....
they don't even know who wrote it...again, the divine inspiration theory falls on its face....

St. Croix valley

#82312 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Back peddling, woody?
Not at all. the myth is incorrect. your cult lied to you...again...
CBOW

Dover, PA

#82313 Mar 22, 2013
Gillette wrote:
<quoted text>
As Marx said, "Religion is the opiate of the people." Thanks for agreeing. Got any OTHER communist sympathies? LOL
Religion is manmade, but spirituality is God's.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#82314 Mar 22, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, no original thoughts, that must be why I hold 4 US patents on a robotic device. DUH!
Just because you are an idiot where evolution is concerned does not mean that you are an idiot in everything.

I am not saying that you do or don't have 4 US patents. They are not all that difficult to get and it is also very easy to lie about them. My point is that there are even a few bright scientists who can do actual science that disagree with evolution. They have one thing in common. When they disagree with evolution they abandon the scientific method and work more off of emotions. They will not write a peer reviewable paper that supports their claim. Instead they avoid that process because all of their errors would be made apparent in the peer review process and they find their errors comforting, as they find their religion comforting.

Evolution threatens many Christians religion. They would rather believe anything but the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 2 min beatlesinafog 1,889
A-Z of "ANY WORD" that comes to mind! (Sep '12) 4 min andet1987 830
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 9,285
News Minister finds Jesus in bag of Cheetos (Mar '08) 11 min Break farts 25
Let's Play Songs With Five Words,... 12 min Just Roxie 4
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 12 min beatlesinafog 12,648
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 16 min beatlesinafog 2,554
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 40 min Camilla 167,059
News How a Guy Got Banned From All Starbucks 53 min beatlesinafog 21
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 42,077
More from around the web