Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81969 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
There 's really no hinting about it...your obvious the hypocrites.lol
in what way? You just tried to use a science you said is bunk to prove your point. that is being a hyupocrit, as well as stupid.

what have i said that is hypocritical at all?

now you add another lie to your list of transgressions. why are religious cult members so immoral?

St. Croix valley

#81970 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, that was what I was verbally told, when I asked for the doc, I saw that the story was wrong, my apologies. An honest error is not a lie however.
M
the fact that you believed it at all shows you are really not up for this level of discussion.

what other things have you posted that you were told but are obvious falsehoods? the grand canyon story for one...

why should anyone listen to anything you say at all?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81971 Mar 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When you denounce the scientific evidence, you state that you disagree with it, thus it is lying to use that same evidence to support your assertions. if you would be honest, then you would not do that.
I do not denounce scientific evidence...I question it...which is true science. You take it on authoritative faith, which is a bias to the very objectivity which you claim.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#81972 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
There 's really no hinting about it...your obvious the hypocrites.lol
... and there you go, projecting because you were exposed as a dishonest, lying, hypocrite. Backed into a corner, well, your kind are too predictable now.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#81973 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not denounce scientific evidence...I question it...which is true science. You take it on authoritative faith, which is a bias to the very objectivity which you claim.
No, you denounced it.
Mark

Portland, OR

#81974 Mar 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>this is what the evidence points to.
if you had any evidence of any other theory, you would have produced it by now.
I will let Him speak for Himself;

"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse".

Design speaks of a designer, when I look at a helicopter, I see function and beauty. But I know how hard that engineering group and chief pilot worked to create the machine I have, how many years they spent perfecting and redesigning to make is functional and safe, and the later models that came along to build a great company. The end result always brings good thoughts to me about them.

Thats the way I see God in creation. In Alaska, I toiled and strained against the hash elements and the toll it takes on people at times, it was all fate, human effort and physics to me.
When I learned that this was only an image of the "very good" earth that was in the beginning, I got it. We live in a post-flood world that was destroyed as a result of a society that had lost all morals and God reset the earth into it's final stage. The evidence is everywhere, when I changed my paradigm it all fit.

God is a good and just guy,- people are the problem.

M
Mark

Portland, OR

#81975 Mar 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the fact that you believed it at all shows you are really not up for this level of discussion.
what other things have you posted that you were told but are obvious falsehoods? the grand canyon story for one...
why should anyone listen to anything you say at all?
I knew that was coming! Sorry, I am only human. Thats why I need Christ, to make up for my failures on that "Day". He paid it all!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#81976 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
"For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse".
Design speaks of a designer, when I look at a helicopter, I see function and beauty. But I know how hard that engineering group and chief pilot worked to create the machine I have, how many years they spent perfecting and redesigning to make is functional and safe, and the later models that came along to build a great company. The end result always brings good thoughts to me about them.
Thats the way I see God in creation. In Alaska, I toiled and strained against the hash elements and the toll it takes on people at times, it was all fate, human effort and physics to me.
When I learned that this was only an image of the "very good" earth that was in the beginning, I got it. We live in a post-flood world that was destroyed as a result of a society that had lost all morals and God reset the earth into it's final stage. The evidence is everywhere, when I changed my paradigm it all fit.
M
No, you let some human speak for a god, not very bright, are you?
Mark

Portland, OR

#81977 Mar 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Jesus authorized this guy to say this. I wouldn't argue with a guy that could empty hospitals like Paul could to get folks attn.. He was directly ordained by God to speak and write to the non-Jews. Only one with authorizaion from God can heal like that.

This God is the one who is so crazy in love with us that he gave up the God-son to death to prove it. He made us so wonderful that when he got done he through away the mold! We are not star stuff in a mindless eternity, time is finite and has boundries - event horizons, a start and finish. We are all special and have a God given will to choose, He allowed us that freedom to show him so.
Mark

Portland, OR

#81978 Mar 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
And your right, I am not that bright, but I know my God watches over me!

St. Croix valley

#81979 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that was coming! Sorry, I am only human. Thats why I need Christ, to make up for my failures on that "Day". He paid it all!
some education, reason and rationality would serve you better.

St. Croix valley

#81980 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
M
thought you weren't going to thump your bible?

guess the lying never stopped, huh?

St. Croix valley

#81981 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
the god of the bible your cult believes in has been proven to be a lie.

your cult lied to you.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#81982 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe this god created you, yet you would disgrace your creator by just buying whatever snake oil some human offers you and then lie down and give up. No, you are not very bright.

“Right click Left click Yay!”

Level 7

Since: Dec 10

Nehwon

#81983 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
M
The Watchmaker argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watchmaker_analo...

Level 7

Nehwon

#81984 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Jesus authorized this guy to say this. I wouldn't argue with a guy that could empty hospitals like Paul could to get folks attn.. He was directly ordained by God to speak and write to the non-Jews. Only one with authorizaion from God can heal like that.
This God is the one who is so crazy in love with us that he gave up the God-son to death to prove it. He made us so wonderful that when he got done he through away the mold! We are not star stuff in a mindless eternity, time is finite and has boundries - event horizons, a start and finish. We are all special and have a God given will to choose, He allowed us that freedom to show him so.
Paul?

As in Saul the apostle hunter?

The usurper of Peter "The Rock!" foundation for the Christian Church dogma?
Mark

United States

#81985 Mar 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>thought you weren't going to thump your bible?
guess the lying never stopped, huh?
The person asked the "how do you know that a God did it" question,

I didn't want to paraphase for God.

Level 7

Nehwon

#81986 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The person asked the "how do you know that a God did it" question,
I didn't want to paraphase for God.
Aren't you doing that when you quote passages from the Bible to support your argument?
Mark

United States

#81987 Mar 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>some education, reason and rationality would serve you better.
LOL... my children, employees and wife say the same so you will have to do better than that! God has me in the university of life every day and is just as frustrated, so no worries.

Seems most of the dialog on this site has to do with baiting and trapping then counter searching the web. I hear little about personal experiance, just personal bias. Prob with that tactic and me is I have actually done this stuff or worked with it, have faced off with some real big boy's and came out fine, so I just confidently type away.(Except I havn't been to the center of the Universe, obviously).

M

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#81988 Mar 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that's merely argument from incredulity. You don't know how the universe came to be therefore an invisible magic man made it.
<quoted text>
Not really, quantum fluctuations are scientifically observed. Radiometric decay is scientifically observed.
Your invisible magic man also violates the same cause and effect "rule". Which potentially might not necessarily be a problem.
The only problem is that it's not scientifically observed.
Apropos chemistry and time underlying the universe and GDIWM:

5331. pharmakeia far-mak-i'-ah from 5332; medication ("pharmacy"), i.e.(by extension) magic (literally or figuratively):--sorcery, witchcraft.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 8 min -Lea- 21,397
Ebola in America 19 min Kelly in Black 39
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Laura french 147,750
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 30 min Vector aka Victor... 1,424
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 31 min Vector aka Victor... 29,551
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 56 min Grace Nerissa 24,273
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 2 hr Trouser Cough 40,330
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 2 hr Heres lookin at y... 6,419
Missing posters.. (Jan '14) 4 hr SLY WEST 33

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE