Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,867)

Showing posts 77,321 - 77,340 of106,075
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“My DNA tastes like chicken”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It was specifically set up to mock Christianity not other religion as you falsely claim.
In fact science proposes to teach a nihilistic ideology, which is basically a Buddhist concept. But yet claims not to support any type of religion.lol
Only in your deluded, biased and unrealistic nightmares. I bet after you wake, you can still hear the screams.

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It was specifically set up to mock Christianity not other religion as you falsely claim.
In fact science proposes to teach a nihilistic ideology, which is basically a Buddhist concept. But yet claims not to support any type of religion.lol
It applies equally well to most religions. If you are so offended by it, than it would seem you have doubts in your own beliefs that you aren't sharing with the group. A phenomenon, not all together, unknown here.

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, no-one says that. ever. you were the first and last.
That was my conclusion as well.

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I'll have to be careful.
{snicker}
Mike I have seen the lumps you have left behind when you were careful with people like Langoliers in the past. I would let him know where the nearest head trauma unit is located, but he is probably posting from there already.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we know...we can tell. Geology is a very advanced science.
As are most of them you are up against.:-)
Science itself will tell you that it's concepts are subject to change with any new theory...even the big bang theory could be replaced next week with some new discovery...science ideology is subject to change at anytime.

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
A joke is a joke...you don't create a church just for a joke.Nor attempt to get laws changed to promote a joke. It might have started out as a joke, but now it's a science/atheist cult plain and simple.Welcome to the real world.lol
If you are going for Moron of the Year, you have my vote as well.

You might be able to tag on Irony of the Year with your last comment about the real world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It applies equally well to most religions. If you are so offended by it, than it would seem you have doubts in your own beliefs that you aren't sharing with the group. A phenomenon, not all together, unknown here.
...the FSM don't bother me at all...just stating the truth.I'm not a religious person in any cents of the word.lol

it was specifically design to mock biblical creationists...is this not true?

So how can you claim other wise?

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
but there is evidence that the earth was covered(or flooded) with water at one time regardless of the time frame, which is an uncanny call by many cultures, including the bible.
I don't believe that the earth has ever been completely inundated with water during its history, but maybe some of the Geologists here could provide more light on that. Certainly, this is no evidence for such a flood during the last several million years.

There is a great deal of evidence to support the idea that many of the flood stories found in different cultures have a singular origin and result as a by-product of cultural exchange. Thses along with those that may have developed independently, do not support the biblical flood. They do however, indicate that our ancestors were beset by natural phenomena and took efforts to explain these as well as use them in imaginative stories.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Only in your deluded, biased and unrealistic nightmares. I bet after you wake, you can still hear the screams.
actually I sleep like a baby.

but that's some funny stuff though.lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
but there is evidence that the earth was covered(or flooded) with water at one time regardless of the time frame, which is an uncanny call by many cultures, including the bible.
No there is no such evidence, unless you have something that everyone missed.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
...the FSM don't bother me at all...just stating the truth.I'm not a religious person in any cents of the word.lol
Now you lie a lot. Great, so you can tell no truth at all.

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't know. A knife doesn't have to be designed to cut a particular person or thing to work well on cutting many things. Any claims I would make about the cause behind the FSM would merely be my opinion. Since FSM parodies many current as well as hisotical religious beliefs may speak more to the similarity in belief systems that man has invented. It would also make sense that it would have similarities to religions the author was exposed to, which are likely to be Christian, Jewish, Islamic and a few others you would expect a student at a U.S. university to encounter on a regular basis. I can't bring myself to be all knowing like you. I don't even know what truth you believe you have been spreading.

As to your last question, like you, I can claim whatever I want, I just tend to claim what is factual as best I can. Perhaps you might try it yourself.

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
actually I sleep like a baby.
but that's some funny stuff though.lol
Well on that we can agree. It is definitely funny or I would not have written it.

Sorry to hear that you wake up at 2am to feed and then poop your pants. That has got to be rough on you the next day.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Miracle Max from The Princess Bride (1987): Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
"Go through his pockets and look for loose change."
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, the "no joke" part at the end showed how it was all in fun...
you're not a very good liar, Mike.
Well woodtick, you know what i ment, that the pic exists, you can't have it both ways. Play mind games with little children.

Level 9

I found a smile

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Go through his pockets and look for loose change."
I forgot about that part. I was just remembering more or less. I still love that movie.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I forgot about that part. I was just remembering more or less. I still love that movie.
It's in my all-time Top 10.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
you presumed to know...and that's it. the earth could have very well been cover with water at the time.
There has never been a time when the whole earth was completely covered by water in at least the past 20,000,000 years....possibly as far back as 2.5 billion years.

Every legitimate geologists on earth will tell you this

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have been both busy and very well thank you. I have been devoting my time in rendering to practice the very science these creationist clamor so to disavow. In less dramatic sounding terms, things got busy at work.
How have you been doing Word? I ran into Chilli J on another forum we occassionally cross paths in, but other than that, I have left the debate here and there to him, you and the others of those better than myself to carry on. I have missed the exchange of ideas and the practice in arguing though. And the humor.
Glad you're back.
a_friend

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
There has never been a time when the whole earth was completely covered by water in at least the past 20,000,000 years....possibly as far back as 2.5 billion years.
Every legitimate geologists on earth will tell you this
I wonder how they would know this if no human existed yet? No pun intended, just a thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,321 - 77,340 of106,075
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••