Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222784 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#82016 Mar 21, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
There's no such thing as crevolution
Did you watch the video?
Mark

Salem, OR

#82017 Mar 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>In fact, i do very little searching of the web to back up my claims.
i do not baiting and trapping, i just look at your statements and can easily see they are out and out lies or pure falsehoods.
you have not come out fine here, you have been proved to be blatent liar. it think the porblem may be you are just not smart enough to realize it...
We will all get our chance to see who is right. I have not heard one thing you folks present that would make me fall down and worship my wall clock. If you are all so enlightened, be honest and objective, read the Bible through in it's entirety.

I remember one prof that would break pencils reading the reasearch papers I brought to class and stomping out, only later to meet with me secretly, then later openly became an advocate. At least he was willing to face truth. All this talk about controverting the sciences, that's the issue, origins and operation science have been blended into a cult with many followers, works as long as they are taught a one sided story and have teh media on there side. You've heard the other side, why are you calling me names and being so angry, thats because you have been lied too by the evo's.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#82018 Mar 21, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sisters VOR was being worked on and they squewed it 90 Deg. Took FL 66 straight into the MTn. 111 fatalities, I was in the jet behind them.
Flying Tiger 66?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#82019 Mar 21, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
We will all get our chance to see who is right. I have not heard one thing you folks present that would make me fall down and worship my wall clock. If you are all so enlightened, be honest and objective, read the Bible through in it's entirety.
I remember one prof that would break pencils reading the reasearch papers I brought to class and stomping out, only later to meet with me secretly, then later openly became an advocate. At least he was willing to face truth. All this talk about controverting the sciences, that's the issue, origins and operation science have been blended into a cult with many followers, works as long as they are taught a one sided story and have teh media on there side. You've heard the other side, why are you calling me names and being so angry, thats because you have been lied too by the evo's.
good, no-one would expect anyone to worship a wall clock, thought it would make more sense than worshipping a known lie...

again, most non-believers know religions better than those that profess to be members of that cult.(i.e. i have read the bible quite extensively...)

i am not angry at all just pointing out your lies and falsehoods.

“praying for you!”

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#82020 Mar 21, 2013
why do people make something so simply, so difficult?

Creation.
look around.
common sense

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#82021 Mar 21, 2013
Walterwalter wrote:
Creation.
look around.
common sense
Of course heavier objects fall faster. It is only common sense.

St. Croix valley

#82022 Mar 21, 2013
Walterwalter wrote:
Creation.
look around.
common sense
yes it is simple. looking around, nothing suggests the proven lie of a god or creator at all.

everyting points to the evidence we have for evolution.

very simple.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#82023 Mar 21, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Flying Tiger 66?
Ah! Alaska Airlines 1866.
aintit

Howell, MI

#82024 Mar 21, 2013
evolution is only real in THIS world..
aintit

Howell, MI

#82025 Mar 21, 2013
uh.. wow guys I really don't think this is..
aintit

Howell, MI

#82026 Mar 21, 2013
provable.. nothing is really provable..

why bother???
aintit

Howell, MI

#82027 Mar 21, 2013
oh yea I guess evolution is good to know about like if maybe you wanted to speed it up..

St. Croix valley

#82028 Mar 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course heavier objects fall faster. It is only common sense.
the sun goes around the Earth, it's only common sense!

St. Croix valley

#82029 Mar 21, 2013
aintit wrote:
evolution is only real in THIS world..
Do you know of any worlds where it isn't? do you know of any other worlds?

St. Croix valley

#82030 Mar 21, 2013
aintit wrote:
provable.. nothing is really provable..
why bother???
tha's not true. let's look at SZ's farce on the other idiot's post...

common sense would tell you a heavier object would fall faster. it has been proved that is not true.

many things can be proven.
FREE SERVANT
#82031 Mar 21, 2013
I believe there must have been seven land boundries that needed to be reseeded upon the face of all the earth after the great flood, because we read in GENESIS 7:2&3 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens,the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female, to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#82032 Mar 21, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I believe there must have been seven land boundries that needed to be reseeded upon the face of all the earth after the great flood, because we read in GENESIS 7:2&3 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens,the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female, to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
What you BELIEVE is not what is consistent with the facts that have been left for us to examine.

There was no Noachian Flood. No "Ark".

St. Croix valley

#82033 Mar 21, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Are you forgetting that it would have been impossible for Noah to visit all the places on Earth to gather these animals?

why do you continue to believe a myth that has been proven to be a lie a thousand times over? is your cult bond that strong?
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82034 Mar 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i don't think you ever siad your gender or job, just that that is where you steal your employers time by posting on Topix.
you aren't even smart enought ot realize that Topix is archived?
"You don't think..." exactly. Woody, if you think it was on this forum, you are indeed incorrect. It was on other ones. I told you you skip around so much you can't keep track of the conversations. I did tell you several times that I am a woman. I also told you that I own a robotics company and machine shop. I was at a trade show at the end of last month and the beginning of this month, thus could not reply. Yes, I do know that Topix archives their forums, that is how I know I told you the above information.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#82035 Mar 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no evidence supporting your god, those are your words, thus you are the one judging. Yes, you are judging people. Using the shield of "it's what my god says" is lying, thus you are a judgmental liar.
Not my words, the Word of God. God established the plum line I live by. Who established yours? HUMANITY, so how is that working out for you? Imperfect beings setting forth rules and laws, no wonder this civilization is so screwed up. More of your kind skewing the line. Do you think because you claim there is no God that somehow your judging is any different than that of a believer? Hypocritical much?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Any 3 word combination" (Dec '12) 2 min andet1987 4,060
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 7 min andet1987 13,734
Word Association (Mar '10) 8 min andet1987 22,600
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 9 min andet1987 84,056
lets play follow the word! (Jul '08) 9 min Brandiiiiiiii 39,829
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 10 min andet1987 49,915
First Word That Comes To Mind ....... (Apr '10) 10 min Brandiiiiiiii 13,171
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 13 min andet1987 17,671
True False Game (Jun '11) 16 min andet1987 15,589
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 27 min Brandiiiiiiii 27,698