Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,864)

Showing posts 77,261 - 77,280 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
There has never been a time when the whole earth was completely covered by water in at least the past 20,000,000 years....possibly as far back as 2.5 billion years.
Every legitimate geologists on earth will tell you this
That has been my understanding based on my reading and discussions on here.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you're back.
Thanks. It is good to be able to rejoin the discussion. I hope I can visit more frequently as my schedule allows.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

a_friend wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how they would know this if no human existed yet? No pun intended, just a thought.
Well, for one they know how to tell when a rock was in salinated water or not.
a_friend

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for one they know how to tell when a rock was in salinated water or not.
Sure, but for how long? There is no guaranteed accuracy in this observation.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

a_friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, but for how long? There is no guaranteed accuracy in this observation.
Accuracy within 100 years in most cases.
a_friend

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Accuracy within 100 years in most cases.
100, thats pretty close, what source did you find this information out?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

a_friend wrote:
<quoted text>
100, thats pretty close, what source did you find this information out?
I am guessing by this question that you have done no research into scientific matters at all. Considering you ask for only one source, and you expect the list of sources to be able to fit into a reply on here .... you need to learn how to learn.

“In God we trust”

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Nothing creates... Nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No there is no such evidence, unless you have something that everyone missed.
There is a ton of evidence.

Yes, scientists believe more in evolution, but they found the ark and it estimated the exact length of Noah's ark.

Really I'm not lying

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a ton of evidence.
Yes, scientists believe more in evolution, but they found the ark and it estimated the exact length of Noah's ark.
Really I'm not lying
No you aren't lying, you're just gullible. They were lying, the people claiming to have found it. You should be a little more ready to question authority instead of just buying what they hand you. So far no one has presented any evidence supporting your religion ... shall you be the first ... ever?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Well on that we can agree. It is definitely funny or I would not have written it.
Sorry to hear that you wake up at 2am to feed and then poop your pants. That has got to be rough on you the next day.
lol...like I said, your a regular barrel of monkeys.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...like I said, your a regular barrel of monkeys.
I can see you have gone ape over me, or at least you are sharing a common ancestor with the ape you are going over me.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No you aren't lying, you're just gullible. They were lying, the people claiming to have found it. You should be a little more ready to question authority instead of just buying what they hand you. So far no one has presented any evidence supporting your religion ... shall you be the first ... ever?
Kitten, the Ark is at the bottom of Loch Ness. No one can get close enough to take a photo or gather other evidence, because it is being guarded by a pesky aquatic dinosaur.

It is the unfortunate luck that, while many have seen the Ark and other miraculous things, no one has had the forethought to gather evidence. Perhaps, they should send some smarter creationist out on these explorations.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No there is no such evidence, unless you have something that everyone missed.
January 2009 Early Earth 'was covered in water'

http://www.earthdive.com/site/news/newsdetail...

I posted this story 3 or 4 times in the last week...

"A new model of the early Earth suggests that until around 2.5 billion years ago oceans covered almost the whole of the planet.

Just 2% to 3% of the Earth's surface would have been dry land, compared with 28% today.

The Earth at that time may have resembled the way it looked in Waterworld, the 1995 post-apocalyptic sci-fi movie starring Kevin Costner."

I think you even commented on it.
and now you claim that there is "no such evidence"

Apparently monkeys see only what they want to see.lol

FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Kitten, the Ark is at the bottom of Loch Ness. No one can get close enough to take a photo or gather other evidence, because it is being guarded by a pesky aquatic dinosaur.
It is the unfortunate luck that, while many have seen the Ark and other miraculous things, no one has had the forethought to gather evidence. Perhaps, they should send some smarter creationist out on these explorations.
The Ark itself may have been a compartmentalized container made of wood and how it was protected from the devastation of the flood may be beyond our advanced scientific knowledge of today, because the CREATOR had a hand in it's construction.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
January 2009 Early Earth 'was covered in water'
http://www.earthdive.com/site/news/newsdetail...
"A new model of the early Earth suggests that until around 2.5 billion years ago oceans covered almost the whole of the planet.
Just 2% to 3% of the Earth's surface would have been dry land, compared with 28% today.
The Earth at that time may have resembled the way it looked in Waterworld, the 1995 post-apocalyptic sci-fi movie starring Kevin Costner."
I think you even commented on it.
and now you claim that there is "no such evidence"
Apparently monkeys see only what they want to see.lol
First of all 2.5 billion years ago. Second almost is not all. Thirdly, more research will have to be conducted, data collected and analyzed to support this. Finally, 2.5 billion years ago.
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
First off Hitler was a Christian that did not believe the theory of evolution. Lucky for you I am not an idiot and don't think that debunks Christianity.
Given that you might want to rewrite this piece of idiocy.
Sir Arthur Keith was a British anthropologist, an atheistic evolutionist and an anti-Nazi, drew this chilling conclusion:

‘The German Führer, as I have consistently maintained, is an evolutionist; he has consciously sought to make the practice of Germany conform to the theory of evolution.’

No rewrite required

M

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The Ark itself may have been a compartmentalized container made of wood and how it was protected from the devastation of the flood may be beyond our advanced scientific knowledge of today, because the CREATOR had a hand in it's construction.
Yes, yes, I see. When rational thought doesn't seem to provide an answer, we can always slip back to God did it with magic. But, then if God would go to the trouble of making the Super Ark, why not just enclose Noah, his family and the all inclusive, but seemingly exclusive group of animals in a protective bubble and let them ride the flood out that way? Or why not give Noah plans and help him build a large aircraft capable of holding the who family and the livestock. Or maybe instead of a boat, a giant tower made of an advanced ceramic polymer matrix laid down by magical insects. The animals could be brought up into the tower on a complex elevator system powered by angel farts.

Relax Goober, the Noah story is just a story.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

I think the timelines may be off in someway in our understanding of when the great flood happened. Living tree ring information and the estimate of the last plate movement suggest it happened maybe closer to 12000 years ago.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir Arthur Keith was a British anthropologist, an atheistic evolutionist and an anti-Nazi, drew this chilling conclusion:
‘The German Führer, as I have consistently maintained, is an evolutionist; he has consciously sought to make the practice of Germany conform to the theory of evolution.’
No rewrite required
M
I guess Keith was wrong.
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you an idiot too who cannot see that is exactly what I was saying?
Hitler's beliefs mean diddly squat. So do those of Stalin.
Way to miss the point.
Their beliefs ment everything, survival of the fittist for one. Hitler actually thought he was doing world society a favor by eliminating the weak and unwanted, creating the perfect race. Thats such a obvious fact that cost untold millions of lives and pain I am shocked you can even say such things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,261 - 77,280 of112,787
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

276 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 min Proud To Be Trina 14,809
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 7 min Ozzie 5,642
How Long Have You Won in "Last Post Wins" thread? (Jan '09) 7 min Hey Its Emma 6,660
Fake book titles game (Feb '10) 11 min Old Sam 3,965
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 13 min okimar 45,936
The Night Owl Saloon (Jun '11) 14 min Maverick 808 15,586
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 19 min Ozzie 6,964
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 25 min Mister_ E 141,204
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 26 min Big dawg 34,930
Woman Flees Topless After Being Caught Shoplifting 38 min Marley 31
•••
•••