Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 217095 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#81921 Mar 20, 2013
phaines wrote:
<quoted text>
hitler was a meth-head.....I dont think he had anything GOOD in mind...
The ONLY good thing that ever entered Hitler's mind was the bullet he fired into his own head.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#81922 Mar 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I would have to rank it among my Top 10 too, or suffer the terror of the R.O.U.S.'s.
"I don't think they exist."
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#81923 Mar 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
CBOW, what would your reaction be if some Muslim told you were going to Islam hell for your belief in Jesus?
How would you react on a website like this?
Quite simply? I would have to remark that that individual is not my Judge. Just as I don't judge you folks, only state the Word and how it pertains to each of us. If either of you feel like taking my statements personally to heart, well, that is between you and God, regardless of your belief or lack of belief.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81924 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well woodtick, you know what i ment, that the pic exists, you can't have it both ways. Play mind games with little children.
yes, your meaning was very clear. you stated this was apicture of the center of the universe. it is not.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#81925 Mar 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sheesh..try explaining to him that muslims and christians worship the same god myth and you will really see wailing and gnashing of teeth! and he'll hurl vitriolic insults at you by the page full also...
he's a swell guy...
More angry outbursts..........So sad......

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#81926 Mar 20, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY good thing that ever entered Hitler's mind was the bullet he fired into his own head.
Really?

Somebody 'judged' my comment above as:

'Clueless'
~ and ~
'Disagree'

Really?

I would like the individual who judged that post above to come back and explain his/herself.

St. Croix valley

#81927 Mar 20, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
More angry outbursts..........So sad......
No, no it wasn't at all. just a factual statement about our past conversations.

why do you need to lie so much?

St. Croix valley

#81928 Mar 20, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite simply? I would have to remark that that individual is not my Judge. Just as I don't judge you folks, only state the Word and how it pertains to each of us. If either of you feel like taking my statements personally to heart, well, that is between you and God, regardless of your belief or lack of belief.
Pffft! you, in fact have judged me many, many times.

you are an unabashed liar, CBOW.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#81929 Mar 20, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring out yer dead.
[a man puts a body on the cart]
Large Man with Dead Body: Here's one.
The Dead Collector: That'll be ninepence.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.
The Dead Collector: What?
Large Man with Dead Body: Nothing. There's your ninepence.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.
The Dead Collector:'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Large Man with Dead Body: Yes he is.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not.
The Dead Collector: He isn't.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm getting better.
Large Man with Dead Body: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
The Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I don't want to go on the cart.
Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, don't be such a baby.
The Dead Collector: I can't take him.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel fine.
Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, do me a favor.
The Dead Collector: I can't.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
The Dead Collector: I promised I'd be at the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, when's your next round?
The Dead Collector: Thursday.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I think I'll go for a walk.
Large Man with Dead Body: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel happy. I feel happy.
[the Dead Collector glances up and down the street furtively, then silences the Body with his a whack of his club]
Large Man with Dead Body: Ah, thank you very much.
The Dead Collector: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
Large Man with Dead Body: Right.
Laffin.
CBOW

Abbottstown, PA

#81930 Mar 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Pffft! you, in fact have judged me many, many times.
you are an unabashed liar, CBOW.
You can't remember our last conversation wooodtickkk. If you could, you would remember that I am a woman and what it is I do for a living. Now surprise me and tell me what it is I do.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#81931 Mar 20, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite honest. We know you would laugh at him, just as we laugh at you.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#81932 Mar 20, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no evidence supporting your god, those are your words, thus you are the one judging. Yes, you are judging people. Using the shield of "it's what my god says" is lying, thus you are a judgmental liar.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#81933 Mar 20, 2013
a_friend wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how they would know this if no human existed yet? No pun intended, just a thought.
Have you ever studied Geology? There are geologists working all over the earth, and they talk to each other, and they exchange data.

We make extrapolations about things in the past (before humans) all the time

St. Croix valley

#81934 Mar 20, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't remember our last conversation wooodtickkk. If you could, you would remember that I am a woman and what it is I do for a living. Now surprise me and tell me what it is I do.
i don't think you ever siad your gender or job, just that that is where you steal your employers time by posting on Topix.

you aren't even smart enought ot realize that Topix is archived?

St. Croix valley

#81936 Mar 20, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
so what I do know about you is this. you are a liar. a thief. and not very bright.

any reason you should be listened to at all?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81937 Mar 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironic, since there's nothing in there to support Noah's flood.
At all.
You can post it as often as you like, it still doesn't change reality. The reality is that the Noah story is full of fiction.
and again...I said nothing about Noah's flood...we were talking the geology of the earth in the past...you seem to be very obsessed with the idea.
I was simply pointing out that a geologist had a computer model that showed that the earth was cover with water at sometime in the past.

The repost was in response to the claim that there was no evidence to support this.

Location hidden

#81938 Mar 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there is no evidence supporting your god, those are your words, thus you are the one judging. Yes, you are judging people. Using the shield of "it's what my god says" is lying, thus you are a judgmental liar.
The working Universe as a whole support the idea of an underlying intelligence.

Your idea that the Universe virtually popped out of nothing...thereby suggesting a effect without a cause,is quite ludicrous and is nothing more that a scientific fantasy.

St. Croix valley

#81939 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and again...I said nothing about Noah's flood...we were talking the geology of the earth in the past...you seem to be very obsessed with the idea.
I was simply pointing out that a geologist had a computer model that showed that the earth was cover with water at sometime in the past.
The repost was in response to the claim that there was no evidence to support this.
so why do you keep posting it when the topic of Noah's flood comes up? why do you poat it at all? you don't believe scientists anyways...

Location hidden

#81940 Mar 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Me neither. As the source is not as important as the point.
<quoted text>
So I was correct, he's not a scientist. He may or may not be an atheist, however that too is also irrelevant. What is relevant is the point the FSM makes. And it is a valid criticism.
Also belief in any "science ideology" is not necessary. Your computer still works either way.
and here it is again...the idea that if you use a computer,a proven science technology, you should except all abstract science concepts on the basis that science makes gadgets that work.lol...quite a ridiculous assumption by anybody's standards.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#81941 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have stated numerous times over that apart from not supporting the Bible in any way, it also isn't a problem for science. It becomes a problem for science when stupid people start claiming that it proves an invisible magic Jew drowned all bad people that led to an orgy so outrageous it made Caligula blush.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 1 min Enzo49 10,669
News The stunning facial inkings of a little known t... 3 min beatlesinthebog 39
Gemstone Quiz 3 min Enzo49 5
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min Foreign Approach 67,291
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 6 min ImFree2Choose 1,753
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 9 min Lelouch0 48,322
A six word game (Dec '08) 11 min ImFree2Choose 20,712
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 29 min KNIGHT DeVINE 1,538
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 34 min help 207,313
More from around the web