Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 219579 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#81899 Mar 20, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I think the timelines may be off in someway in our understanding of when the great flood happened. Living tree ring information and the estimate of the last plate movement suggest it happened maybe closer to 12000 years ago.
Yeah, I think the timelines may be a bit off as well. I think this is just more movement out of the ring.
FREE SERVANT
#81900 Mar 20, 2013
I think seven boundaries occurred after the flood event.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#81901 Mar 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I would be interested in knowing how something can be more or less killed. Langoliers is the idiot that thinks insects and presumably other organisms could have ridden a world wide flood out by burying themselves in the mud at the bottom of the flood waters for a year.
You are up against a real genius.
Wile E. Coyote?... oh wait, he's a 'Super Genius'... never mind

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

mutilate. Point down range.

#81902 Mar 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Laffin!
Good to hear from you again, Dan.
Good to be back and glad to hear from you as well.

Location hidden

#81903 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"he created this religion"
wasn't it you who said that all religions are cults? lol
Wow... you really are working hard at displaying what "drooling stupidity" really is.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#81904 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
A picture of fish fossils in the Himalaya Mountains.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images...
Here's some real science. Not fairy tales.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/everest/earth/bi...

Location hidden

#81905 Mar 20, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I still wanna know what "more or less killed" is.
Wonder whether it's like "more or less" pregnant...
Bring out yer dead.
[a man puts a body on the cart]
Large Man with Dead Body: Here's one.
The Dead Collector: That'll be ninepence.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.
The Dead Collector: What?
Large Man with Dead Body: Nothing. There's your ninepence.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not dead.
The Dead Collector:'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Large Man with Dead Body: Yes he is.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm not.
The Dead Collector: He isn't.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I'm getting better.
Large Man with Dead Body: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
The Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I don't want to go on the cart.
Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, don't be such a baby.
The Dead Collector: I can't take him.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel fine.
Large Man with Dead Body: Oh, do me a favor.
The Dead Collector: I can't.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
The Dead Collector: I promised I'd be at the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
Large Man with Dead Body: Well, when's your next round?
The Dead Collector: Thursday.
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I think I'll go for a walk.
Large Man with Dead Body: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?
The Dead Body That Claims It Isn't: I feel happy. I feel happy.
[the Dead Collector glances up and down the street furtively, then silences the Body with his a whack of his club]
Large Man with Dead Body: Ah, thank you very much.
The Dead Collector: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
Large Man with Dead Body: Right.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#81906 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
if you payed a little more attention to the ideas being presented than nit picking words, you might learn something.lol
From you?

Not likely.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#81908 Mar 20, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't know why I have been blessed with this miracle. I might put this in a museum somewhere someday, but it would have to be somewhere to be cherished with respect.
I'm sure the creationist museum would take it.

“I see quantum effects”

Level 2

In the macro world.

#81909 Mar 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, you think there are people who actually worship spaghetti? A food product. You think they worship it. Wow. You are an complete and total idiot.
I dunno.

Whole wheat spaghetti is pretty good.

And good FOR you.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81910 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I think the first reference to a FSM was a from a scientist of sorts...if I'm not mistaken....or maybe it was an atheist....or both.
not that I care.
Me neither. As the source is not as important as the point.
xxxooxxx wrote:
The "Flying Spaghetti Monster" was first described in a satirical open letter written by Bobby Henderson in 2005 to protest the Kansas State Board of Education decision to permit teaching intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public school science classes.[6] In that letter, Henderson satirized creationist ideas by professing his belief that whenever a scientist carbon dates an object, a supernatural creator that closely resembles spaghetti and meatballs is there "changing the results with His Noodly Appendage". Henderson

A believer in science ideology and an atheist....like I said.
So I was correct, he's not a scientist. He may or may not be an atheist, however that too is also irrelevant. What is relevant is the point the FSM makes. And it is a valid criticism.

Also belief in any "science ideology" is not necessary. Your computer still works either way.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81911 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It was specifically set up to mock Christianity not other religion as you falsely claim.
Actually this is your false claim. It made no mention of Christianity in particular and DIRECTLY ADDRESSED the coy approach of the creationist movement by renaming it and calling it ID instead, all the while saying that ID doesn't name the designer. Hence the FSM is just as valid as any other proposed deity from any other religion, including, but not limited to Christianity.

The fact that it WAS just fundie Christians promoting creationism is just tuff nuggies if they get offended by the FSM.
xxxooxxx wrote:
In fact science proposes to teach a nihilistic ideology, which is basically a Buddhist concept. But yet claims not to support any type of religion.lol
If you hate science so much then stop using your computer, car, house, cellphone or modern medicine. Don't go into any shop. Go back to living in a cave and foraging for your own food.

You won't because you're a humongous hypocrite.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81913 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well woodtick, you know what i ment, that the pic exists, you can't have it both ways. Play mind games with little children.
What an exceedingly ironic thing for a creationist to say.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81914 Mar 20, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a ton of evidence.
Yes, scientists believe more in evolution, but they found the ark and it estimated the exact length of Noah's ark.
Really I'm not lying
In this instance you may not be, but the creationists who told you this did. That's why there's been more than one Ark claim made over the years in numerous locations. But since the scenario is simply untenable the best shot you have is that the flood was a local event and not a global one. Otherwise it's complete BS.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81915 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
January 2009 Early Earth 'was covered in water'
http://www.earthdive.com/site/news/newsdetail...
I posted this story 3 or 4 times in the last week...
"A new model of the early Earth suggests that until around 2.5 billion years ago oceans covered almost the whole of the planet.
Just 2% to 3% of the Earth's surface would have been dry land, compared with 28% today.
The Earth at that time may have resembled the way it looked in Waterworld, the 1995 post-apocalyptic sci-fi movie starring Kevin Costner."
I posted this story 3 or 4 times in the last week...
I think you even commented on it.
and now you claim that there is "no such evidence"
Apparently monkeys see only what they want to see.lol
Ironic, since there's nothing in there to support Noah's flood.

At all.

You can post it as often as you like, it still doesn't change reality. The reality is that the Noah story is full of fiction.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81916 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir Arthur Keith was a British anthropologist, an atheistic evolutionist and an anti-Nazi, drew this chilling conclusion:
‘The German Führer, as I have consistently maintained, is an evolutionist; he has consciously sought to make the practice of Germany conform to the theory of evolution.’
No rewrite required
M
But as it happens he was doing it wrong. Therefore Hitler's methods required a re-write. Either way though Hitler doesn't need Keith to speak for him since he was more than capable of that himself. And he said he was doing God's work.

Evolution will not be falsified by throwing ad-homs at it.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81917 Mar 20, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Their beliefs ment everything, survival of the fittist for one. Hitler actually thought he was doing world society a favor by eliminating the weak and unwanted, creating the perfect race. Thats such a obvious fact that cost untold millions of lives and pain I am shocked you can even say such things.
And if Hitler knew anything at all about evolution he would have known that there's no such thing as a "perfect race". That's why his proposal involved artificial selection to minimize genetic variance. Which is about as anti-Darwinian evolution as one could get.

Hitler also thought he was doing God a favour because he thought he was doing what God wanted.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81918 Mar 20, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Wile E. Coyote?... oh wait, he's a 'Super Genius'... never mind
http://xkcd.com/319/

St. Croix valley

#81919 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It was specifically set up to mock Christianity not other religion as you falsely claim.
In fact science proposes to teach a nihilistic ideology, which is basically a Buddhist concept. But yet claims not to support any type of religion.lol
You again use that word nihilistic improperly. i corrected you on it already so what is the problem here? are you too dense to learn? too incdoctrinated into your cult to recognize the real facts in front of your face? or just a bald faced, unabashed liar?

which, if not all seems to be the problem here?

St. Croix valley

#81920 Mar 20, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
I think the timelines may be off in someway in our understanding of when the great flood happened. Living tree ring information and the estimate of the last plate movement suggest it happened maybe closer to 12000 years ago.
No, no they do not. not even close.
not. even.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2words into 2new words (May '12) 2 min CJ Rocker 7,721
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 3 min CJ Rocker 41,318
Poll Do You Have A Topix Crush? (2014 Version) (Oct '14) 3 min CJ Rocker 315
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 7 min CJ Rocker 34,181
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 8 min CJ Rocker 6,524
The one item I don't want to be without....... 8 min Lifelover 16
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min CJ Rocker 211,359
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min Oh Bummer 71,304
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 36 min Lifelover 20,916
A to Z songs by title or group! 3 hr liam cul8r 959