Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#81825 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
A picture of fish fossils in the Himalaya Mountains.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images...
We know exactly how those fish fossils got there and it was NOT by a world-wide flood.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#81826 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
They tried to counter the idea with the impact of asteroids hitting the oceans, and throwing fish and such that are found fossilized hundreds of miles inland, but it didn't whole water...the evidence was to strong.
I think they have pretty well conceded the fact that the earth was indeed covered with water at one time.
No, actually we/I just gave up on you guys. You haven't the ability to learn new stuff.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#81827 Mar 19, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
We know exactly how those fish fossils got there and it was NOT by a world-wide flood.
Or an asteroid, like he also claimed.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#81828 Mar 19, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about the parody of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as if it were a real movement in society? Are you deranged? You don't have to answer that, I wouldn't want to be a party in suborning perjory or at least forcing you to lie.
Hey DFS, welcome back. Kinda lonely around here without you.

How have you been?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81829 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Or an asteroid, like he also claimed.
your comprehension ability is laughable. I said it was purposed idea at one time... I claimed nothing.lol

Location hidden

#81830 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, you think there are people who actually worship spaghetti? A food product. You think they worship it. Wow. You are an complete and total idiot.
A joke is a joke...you don't create a church just for a joke.Nor attempt to get laws changed to promote a joke. It might have started out as a joke, but now it's a science/atheist cult plain and simple.Welcome to the real world.lol

Location hidden

#81831 Mar 19, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Why be honest, eh?
whatever dude.

Location hidden

#81832 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, ones that people take seriously. no one takes the FSM seriously. the people that use it to parody a cult like yours are not closed minded enough like you to get sucked intoa real cult.
really?...are you sure?lol

Location hidden

#81834 Mar 19, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
you presumed to know...and that's it. the earth could have very well been cover with water at the time.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#81835 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
One mans parody, is another mans religion....so they say.lol
I am not sure who it is besides you that says such. Never the less, it is disingenuous of you to take this rather pathetic and transparent tactic to forward your argument. It only serves to make you look the buffoon. Unless, that is your purpose, you would be better served to bring more to the table than just this argument.

Is this all that the supporters of creationist arguments can manifest? Either ridiculous arguments or passing themselves off as scientists with ludicrous theories based on zero understanding of anything to do with science or the issues at hand. Half the time creationists don't even seem to have even a layman's knowledge of the book so often used to defend creationist positions. It is a damn sight to see some atheist have to correct you, both from my perspective and I am sure from yours, but it happens on here all the time.

Unless you follow a strict biblical interpretation, the Theory of Evolution has no impact on questions of the existence of or belief in God or any god.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#81836 Mar 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I still wanna know what "more or less killed" is.
Wonder whether it's like "more or less" pregnant...
Slightly dead.

Slightly pregnant

Location hidden

#81837 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, he created this religion to mock other religions and point out how silly it would be to teach them as science.
It was specifically set up to mock Christianity not other religion as you falsely claim.

In fact science proposes to teach a nihilistic ideology, which is basically a Buddhist concept. But yet claims not to support any type of religion.lol

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#81838 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
you presumed to know...and that's it. the earth could have very well been cover with water at the time.
There has not been even close to a world-wide flood in many, MANY millions of years.

During the period calculated by some Christians, there were civilizations living and triving before, DURING AND AFTER your supposed flood.

There is no evidence whatsoever for a Noachian flood.
Frodos secret

Hampton, VA

#81839 Mar 19, 2013
Grigori Rasputin had a twelve inch penis. Steve Martin has an eight inher and Donald Sutherland has nine.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#81840 Mar 19, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey DFS, welcome back. Kinda lonely around here without you.
How have you been?
I have been both busy and very well thank you. I have been devoting my time in rendering to practice the very science these creationist clamor so to disavow. In less dramatic sounding terms, things got busy at work.

How have you been doing Word? I ran into Chilli J on another forum we occassionally cross paths in, but other than that, I have left the debate here and there to him, you and the others of those better than myself to carry on. I have missed the exchange of ideas and the practice in arguing though. And the humor.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#81841 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we know...we can tell. Geology is a very advanced science.

As are most of them you are up against.:-)

Level 9

founded in facts.

#81842 Mar 19, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Slightly dead.
Slightly pregnant
Miracle Max from The Princess Bride (1987): Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

Location hidden

#81843 Mar 19, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
There has not been even close to a world-wide flood in many, MANY millions of years.
During the period calculated by some Christians, there were civilizations living and triving before, DURING AND AFTER your supposed flood.
There is no evidence whatsoever for a Noachian flood.
but there is evidence that the earth was covered(or flooded) with water at one time regardless of the time frame, which is an uncanny call by many cultures, including the bible.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#81844 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It was specifically set up to mock Christianity not other religion as you falsely claim.
In fact science proposes to teach a nihilistic ideology, which is basically a Buddhist concept. But yet claims not to support any type of religion.lol
Only in your deluded, biased and unrealistic nightmares. I bet after you wake, you can still hear the screams.

Level 9

founded in facts.

#81845 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
It applies equally well to most religions. If you are so offended by it, than it would seem you have doubts in your own beliefs that you aren't sharing with the group. A phenomenon, not all together, unknown here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Word by Word 25,842
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 7 min Chilli J 3,014
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 15 min andet1987 3,020
Word association (Jun '07) 18 min andet1987 2,655
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 21 min andet1987 17,953
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 22 min Shaddup 37,757
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 25 min andet1987 4,043
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 1 hr andet1987 30,068
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr ms_Sweeter 152,775
More from around the web