Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#81805 Mar 19, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Any evidence of this?
I didn't think so.
I would be interested in knowing how something can be more or less killed. Langoliers is the idiot that thinks insects and presumably other organisms could have ridden a world wide flood out by burying themselves in the mud at the bottom of the flood waters for a year.

You are up against a real genius.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#81806 Mar 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't have a point. You never have.
There may be one on his or her head.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81807 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
...you can deny the truth all you want...but your cult allows you to do that...doesn't it.
See how you religiously defend it!...lol
Wow! hittin' the bong rips a tad early tonihgt, aren't we?

you're making yourself look even more foolish.

St. Croix valley

#81808 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I think the first reference to a FSM was a from a scientist of sorts...if I'm not mistaken....or maybe it was an atheist....or both.
not that I care.
you rarely have any idea of what you are talking about, but this is tops!

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81809 Mar 19, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about the parody of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as if it were a real movement in society? Are you deranged? You don't have to answer that, I wouldn't want to be a party in suborning perjory or at least forcing you to lie.
One mans parody, is another mans religion....so they say.lol

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#81810 Mar 19, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I would be interested in knowing how something can be more or less killed. Langoliers is the idiot that thinks insects and presumably other organisms could have ridden a world wide flood out by burying themselves in the mud at the bottom of the flood waters for a year.
You are up against a real genius.
Yeah. I'll have to be careful.

{snicker}

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#81811 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you rarely have any idea of what you are talking about, but this is tops!
The "Flying Spaghetti Monster" was first described in a satirical open letter written by Bobby Henderson in 2005 to protest the Kansas State Board of Education decision to permit teaching intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public school science classes.[6] In that letter, Henderson satirized creationist ideas by professing his belief that whenever a scientist carbon dates an object, a supernatural creator that closely resembles spaghetti and meatballs is there "changing the results with His Noodly Appendage". Henderson

A believer in science ideology and an atheist....like I said.

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#81812 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Flying Spaghetti Monster" was first described in a satirical open letter written by Bobby Henderson in 2005 to protest the Kansas State Board of Education decision to permit teaching intelligent design as an alternative to evolution in public school science classes.[6] In that letter, Henderson satirized creationist ideas by professing his belief that whenever a scientist carbon dates an object, a supernatural creator that closely resembles spaghetti and meatballs is there "changing the results with His Noodly Appendage". Henderson
If you're go9ng to copy from Wiki, the decent thing do is cite it.

St. Croix valley

#81813 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, he created this religion to mock other religions and point out how silly it would be to teach them as science.

St. Croix valley

#81814 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
One mans parody, is another mans religion....so they say.lol
no, no-one says that. ever. you were the first and last.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#81815 Mar 19, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're go9ng to copy from Wiki, the decent thing do is cite it.
Should be pretty common knowledge to anyone who knows anything about the subject. I did not feel the need to reference.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#81816 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, he created this religion to mock other religions and point out how silly it would be to teach them as science.
"he created this religion"

wasn't it you who said that all religions are cults? lol

Level 8

Indianapolis, IN

#81817 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Should be pretty common knowledge to anyone who knows anything about the subject. I did not feel the need to reference.
Right. Why be honest, eh?

St. Croix valley

#81818 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
"he created this religion"
wasn't it you who said that all religions are cults? lol
yes, ones that people take seriously. no one takes the FSM seriously. the people that use it to parody a cult like yours are not closed minded enough like you to get sucked intoa real cult.
Mark

Portland, OR

#81819 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're here just to advertise your blog, spammer.
I'm innocent!!!

Said I saw this in a PPT, they said no, it's not there your'e a liar, and gave me crap for 3 days while I looked for it. It comes as a link, sorry. So here it is and now they claim I am using it to promote a new cult or something...all bothered. Give me a break, you folks are like lawyers, get me providing info, slam it, want more, slam it. Only doing what they asked, same with the verse ref. Don't see me preaching on here like the others.
Mark

Portland, OR

#81820 Mar 19, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
Mark, I wouldn't get too excited about the "Cross in Space".
The "Cross" (or "X" or "t") only appears as that figure when observed in our particular orientation. From a different angle, It would appear quite different.
Imagine if you were viewing M51 from a different angle, and this object appeared as a "Flying Spaghetti Monster", or worse yet, a Satanic image?
Beyond that, there are countless TRILLIONS of celestrial objects out there. Among those are the "Horsehead Nebula"
http://www.google.com/imgres...
The "Eye in Space" http://www.google.com/imgres...
and probably countless others.
I wouldnt be surprised if there was a moon or asteroid that looked like Richard Nixon.
Never got excited about it, the topic going around at the time was center of the universe, God Particle's and Dark Matter, tossed this in for fun. People get all excited and defensive over nothing. Cool to me though.

M

M

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#81821 Mar 19, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Any evidence of this?
I didn't think so.
I still wanna know what "more or less killed" is.

Wonder whether it's like "more or less" pregnant...

St. Croix valley

#81822 Mar 19, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Never got excited about it, the topic going around at the time was center of the universe, God Particle's and Dark Matter, tossed this in for fun. People get all excited and defensive over nothing. Cool to me though.
M
M
yeah, the "no joke" part at the end showed how it was all in fun...

you're not a very good liar, Mike.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Santorini Greece

#81823 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, I think the first reference to a FSM was a from a scientist of sorts...if I'm not mistaken....or maybe it was an atheist....or both.
not that I care.

I believe it was a college student who was worried about a school district trying to wedge creationism into school science classes. He invented the religion and wrote to the school district demanding equal time with creationism. The school dropped their plans.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#81824 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well of course you would deny that your FSM is a cult.Why not?...lol
Wait, you think there are people who actually worship spaghetti? A food product. You think they worship it. Wow. You are an complete and total idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 3 min Princess Hey 7,308
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,652
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 11 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,351
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 18 min Analog man 1,801
Crazy Man Dumped to River 1 hr Suzanne843 1
Woman Arrested For $6400 Sausage Heist 1 hr Asherah_con 13
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 2 hr Kapil 756
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr wichita-rick 151,111
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 4 hr wichita-rick 24,006
Bill Cosby 5 hr FTW Forever 223
Ferguson Grand Jury Reaches Decision 5 hr TALLYHO 8541 292
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 9 hr David0407 8,049

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE