Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 210129 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#81857 Mar 19, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Miracle Max from The Princess Bride (1987): Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
"Go through his pockets and look for loose change."
Mark

United States

#81858 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, the "no joke" part at the end showed how it was all in fun...
you're not a very good liar, Mike.
Well woodtick, you know what i ment, that the pic exists, you can't have it both ways. Play mind games with little children.

“Help religion science wander”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#81859 Mar 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Go through his pockets and look for loose change."
I forgot about that part. I was just remembering more or less. I still love that movie.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#81860 Mar 19, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I forgot about that part. I was just remembering more or less. I still love that movie.
It's in my all-time Top 10.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#81861 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
you presumed to know...and that's it. the earth could have very well been cover with water at the time.
There has never been a time when the whole earth was completely covered by water in at least the past 20,000,000 years....possibly as far back as 2.5 billion years.

Every legitimate geologists on earth will tell you this

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#81862 Mar 19, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have been both busy and very well thank you. I have been devoting my time in rendering to practice the very science these creationist clamor so to disavow. In less dramatic sounding terms, things got busy at work.
How have you been doing Word? I ran into Chilli J on another forum we occassionally cross paths in, but other than that, I have left the debate here and there to him, you and the others of those better than myself to carry on. I have missed the exchange of ideas and the practice in arguing though. And the humor.
Glad you're back.
a_friend

Reading, PA

#81863 Mar 19, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
There has never been a time when the whole earth was completely covered by water in at least the past 20,000,000 years....possibly as far back as 2.5 billion years.
I wonder how they would know this if no human existed yet? No pun intended, just a thought.

Level 9

into the night.

#81864 Mar 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>It's in my all-time Top 10.
I would have to rank it among my Top 10 too, or suffer the terror of the R.O.U.S.'s.

Level 9

into the night.

#81865 Mar 19, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
That has been my understanding based on my reading and discussions on here.

Level 9

into the night.

#81866 Mar 19, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you're back.
Thanks. It is good to be able to rejoin the discussion. I hope I can visit more frequently as my schedule allows.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#81867 Mar 19, 2013
a_friend wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how they would know this if no human existed yet? No pun intended, just a thought.
Well, for one they know how to tell when a rock was in salinated water or not.
a_friend

Reading, PA

#81868 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for one they know how to tell when a rock was in salinated water or not.
Sure, but for how long? There is no guaranteed accuracy in this observation.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#81869 Mar 20, 2013
a_friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, but for how long? There is no guaranteed accuracy in this observation.
Accuracy within 100 years in most cases.
a_friend

Reading, PA

#81870 Mar 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Accuracy within 100 years in most cases.
100, thats pretty close, what source did you find this information out?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#81871 Mar 20, 2013
a_friend wrote:
<quoted text>
100, thats pretty close, what source did you find this information out?
I am guessing by this question that you have done no research into scientific matters at all. Considering you ask for only one source, and you expect the list of sources to be able to fit into a reply on here .... you need to learn how to learn.

“In God we trust”

Level 7

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#81872 Mar 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No there is no such evidence, unless you have something that everyone missed.
There is a ton of evidence.

Yes, scientists believe more in evolution, but they found the ark and it estimated the exact length of Noah's ark.

Really I'm not lying

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#81873 Mar 20, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a ton of evidence.
Yes, scientists believe more in evolution, but they found the ark and it estimated the exact length of Noah's ark.
Really I'm not lying
No you aren't lying, you're just gullible. They were lying, the people claiming to have found it. You should be a little more ready to question authority instead of just buying what they hand you. So far no one has presented any evidence supporting your religion ... shall you be the first ... ever?

“Keep the change...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81874 Mar 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Well on that we can agree. It is definitely funny or I would not have written it.
Sorry to hear that you wake up at 2am to feed and then poop your pants. That has got to be rough on you the next day.
lol...like I said, your a regular barrel of monkeys.

Level 9

into the night.

#81875 Mar 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...like I said, your a regular barrel of monkeys.
I can see you have gone ape over me, or at least you are sharing a common ancestor with the ape you are going over me.

Level 9

into the night.

#81876 Mar 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No you aren't lying, you're just gullible. They were lying, the people claiming to have found it. You should be a little more ready to question authority instead of just buying what they hand you. So far no one has presented any evidence supporting your religion ... shall you be the first ... ever?
Kitten, the Ark is at the bottom of Loch Ness. No one can get close enough to take a photo or gather other evidence, because it is being guarded by a pesky aquatic dinosaur.

It is the unfortunate luck that, while many have seen the Ark and other miraculous things, no one has had the forethought to gather evidence. Perhaps, they should send some smarter creationist out on these explorations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Zamasu 201,236
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 10 min wichita-rick 4,303
Alphabetical ways to die (Jul '11) 13 min wichita-rick 10,950
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 14 min Mila Beaujolais 39,866
News Snake dies from silicon poisoning after sinking... 18 min Prosperity Fundie... 7
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 20 min Mila Beaujolais 4,258
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 21 min TheJerseyDevil 9,003
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 1 hr Knock off purse s... 154
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Beerus-Sama 9,174
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr LIM 61,657
More from around the web