Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221214 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#81776 Mar 19, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah did build an Ark and then the world was flooded and everything was more or less killed.
Yup, Noah and co included.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81777 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
A picture of fish fossils in the Himalaya Mountains.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images...
yes, the mountains were once a sea bed pushed up by tectonic plate action when the Indian subcontinent slammed into asia. it is still moving norht into asia and raising the himalayan range and plateau higher.

open your mind, lady., there is a whole world of education out there waiting for your brain.

“point instant”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81778 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It's "sense" not "since."
if you payed a little more attention to the ideas being presented than nit picking words, you might learn something.lol

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#81779 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
A picture of fish fossils in the Himalaya Mountains.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/assets/images...
Thanks. That's fantastic evidence against a global flood, since there is no mechanisms to force fossils inside solid rock intact. Oh, wait a minute - they said they didn't care about science cuz Goddidit with magic. Oh well, we can't test that one.

“point instant”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81780 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, the mountains were once a sea bed pushed up by tectonic plate action when the Indian subcontinent slammed into asia. it is still moving norht into asia and raising the himalayan range and plateau higher.
open your mind, lady., there is a whole world of education out there waiting for your brain.
and again...you missed the point entirely. I would expect nothing less coming from a monkey.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81781 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
if you payed a little more attention to the ideas being presented than nit picking words, you might learn something.lol
that's funny as hell coming from you! you have been shown fact after fact and yet you still can't help keeping your mind closed keeping you ignorant and your mouth flapping and making you to be a bigger fool...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#81782 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
if you payed a little more attention to the ideas being presented than nit picking words, you might learn something.lol
Not from you, I would not learn a thing.

“point instant”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81783 Mar 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll see his cross and raise him an FSM:
http://www.venganza.org/wp-content/uploads/20...
ahhh ...the FSM...one of the many science cults that you deny exist...lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#81784 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhh ...the FSM...one of the many science cults that you deny exist...lol
Ah, the shining example of a fundie that doesn't get it.

“point instant”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81786 Mar 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the shining example of a fundie that doesn't get it.
nope...worshiping spaghetti isn't for me.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81787 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and again...you missed the point entirely. I would expect nothing less coming from a monkey.
No, no i didn't. you made a silly claim based on no science at all and were shown for the fool you are.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81788 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
ahhh ...the FSM...one of the many science cults that you deny exist...lol
the FSM isn't a science sult at all. it is open mocking of your silly religious cults.
FREE SERVANT
#81789 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if this is really some magic rock or some part of the crucifixion as you say, why don't you let the whole world see it? give it to the vatican or the smithsonian or something?(the smithsonian would lagh in your face,,,that's why..)
do you think god meant for YOU alone to have such a miraculous piece of proof of his son's visit to Earth? why?
I really don't know why I have been blessed with this miracle. I might put this in a museum somewhere someday, but it would have to be somewhere to be cherished with respect.

“point instant”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81790 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, no i didn't. you made a silly claim based on no science at all and were shown for the fool you are.
and what again, was my point that you didn't get?lol

“point instant”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81791 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the FSM isn't a science sult at all. it is open mocking of your silly religious cults.
Well of course you would deny that your FSM is a cult.Why not?...lol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81793 Mar 19, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't know why I have been blessed with this miracle. I might put this in a museum somewhere someday, but it would have to be somewhere to be cherished with respect.
You mean somewhere it wouldn't be mocked and called for the plain old rock that it is?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81794 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
and what again, was my point that you didn't get?lol
Why did you mention fossils in the himalyayn mountains ina discussion of the noachian flood?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#81795 Mar 19, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah did build an Ark and then the world was flooded and everything was more or less killed.
Any evidence of this?

I didn't think so.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81796 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well of course you would deny that your FSM is a cult.Why not?...lol
it's not my cult. it isn't a cult at all as no-one takes it seriously. it is an open mocking of religious cults like yours.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#81797 Mar 19, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I really do not expect self proclaimed monkeys,to perceive such things...such perceptions are of a higher order of reality.
Reality??? Did you just invoke reality? Now THAT's funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A to Z songs by title or group! 25 min T Bone 1,561
Word Association (Mar '10) 49 min SweLL GirL 22,092
Word Association (Jun '10) 51 min SweLL GirL 32,256
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 52 min SweLL GirL 7,552
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Sweet the Revenge 215,281
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 1 hr SweLL GirL 16,545
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 1 hr SweLL GirL 36,507
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr ROSE 74,276
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 7 hr Lifelover 3,735
What Is Your DREAM JOB? 7 hr Lifelover 34
More from around the web