Evolution vs. Creation

There are 163688 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81683 Mar 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
How so?
Wow! I missed that beauty of a question...was that actually english?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81684 Mar 19, 2013
Cybele wrote:
I see you evolutionists don't have an explanation to my post on fish evolution. hmm, no scientific evidence to back it up?
Hey bub, you guys have been avoiding us since page 1. And that's just THIS thread. Hypocrisy much?(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81685 Mar 19, 2013
Mark wrote:
That's philosophic, not scientific. I asked for a mechanism, you know, tell me how the cell gets the information to change the animal from one species to another and the opposite sex tracks at the same time.
It's called mutation.
Mark wrote:
Your response is a gross generality, you are oversimplifying here. Like text book pictures showing transition's to trusting and gullible 7th graders, claiming that's how it happens. Sorry, been there, done that.
It's proven two independent and unrelated genes must change @ exactly the same time for appendage parallelism to work,(see Denton), along with many more accommodating, simultaneous and corresponding other changes.
Actually your claim has not been proven at all. A single mutation or gene can cause bilateral symmetry. After that everything is duplicated on both sides as it's merely repeating the same stuff it's already got, just like a single mutation causes twins.

And Denton still disagrees with you.
Mark wrote:
This is mechanism, logic, reality. If your theory is so air tight explain the logic from the cell level. Crick couldnít, thatís a lot of data to come up with! It requires intelligence acting on matter.
Via what mechanism? I'll save you some time and point out you don't have one. After all it's merely just argument from incredulity. You don't know how it happened therefore an invisible Jewish wizard didit.
Mark wrote:
You are trying to convince me that an environment can make a fish into a lizard and opossum into a human, and all that code wrote itself?
What code? All there is is DNA. That's chemistry. DNA is all that's needed to turn you from a single cell into a fully-grown human. All evolution needs then is just slight changes in each subsequent generation. And that is what is observed.
Mark wrote:
This is like claiming a 737 changed into a 747 by flying fifty million years, or, Windows 3.0 changed to 7 by running 500 million years! This is a software/hardware question here, the analogy is the same. Did the simple ear bone of a reptile became a 7 bone mammal ear because of time, time must be the creator then right?
Ah, the human design analogy. Still flawed. IDCers use analogies INSTEAD of evidence. That's their problem.
Mark wrote:
Let me fall down and worship my wall clock!
Why don't you? After all, you worship a book.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81686 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Find that hubble picture yet? or the morals to admit you were lying?
He's a fundie who lied on his first post to us and he hasn't apologised for that yet. Why should he start now?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81687 Mar 19, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am glad you of accused me of being 'like' one than actually one.. That makes me feel better.., your getting soft Subduction.
Evolution teaches chemical to human self-powered, mindless, thoughtless onward development, and Hitler believed he was the top of the chain. His belief took his country and millions with him to their end. Stalin also, treating everyone like animals they thought they came from. Bad form and hardly "happy and educated".
Thank God they eliminated each other but at what a horrible cost! I believe they are in heaven, the cost was great but the cost of having a superpower amoung them would have been greater. That's what the Russian was talking about. Yeltsin said "my grandchildren have crosses around their necks and I am happy for it." When the Ivans were going into battle against the Germans, many made crosses out of tin cans and burned their party cards. You see there is no hope in a clock.
M
And now it's the inevitable Godwin's law. By the way, Hitler said he was doing God's work and the Commies rejected evolution. Meaning you either did not know that or were lying again.

Either way, makes no diff to us.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81688 Mar 19, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy means his countrymen are turning back to God and away from Darwinism and materialism while we are heading for it.
Actually ALL science is materialistic. Well done again for attacking yet another caricature tho.

St. Croix valley

#81689 Mar 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually ALL science is materialistic. Well done again for attacking yet another caricature tho.
apparantly this fictitious Russian friend of his isn't even Russian. they are running so fast towards western materialism they are blue shifting...

another bold out and out lie from Mark...

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#81690 Mar 19, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
First we have to define God.
First you have to find god to define, unless of course you are happy to define the abstract

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#81692 Mar 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>First you have to find god to define, unless of course you are happy to define the abstract
lol. Me define God? I can't even define myself. No one can.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#81693 Mar 19, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. Me define God? I can't even define myself. No one can.
Oh sorry, I thought you said - First we have to define God.

St. Croix valley

#81694 Mar 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sorry, I thought you said - First we have to define God.
Ooops!

logic is fun!
Mark

Portland, OR

#81695 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ummmm....Hitler didn't eliminate Stalin. Stalin went on to rule for a while.
facts are fun!
He so incapacitated Stalin that they could not raise an army to push on until the mid 50's, and only then with a Nuc.
M

St. Croix valley

#81696 Mar 19, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
He so incapacitated Stalin that they could not raise an army to push on until the mid 50's, and only then with a Nuc.
M
So htey kept all of Eastern Europe occupied without an army?

you're really not dealing with reality, Mark.

St. Croix valley

#81697 Mar 19, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
M
Only with a nuke? so my relatives that fought against soviet weapons and jets in Korea were lying about that?

you're not dealing with reality, Mark.
Mark

Portland, OR

#81698 Mar 19, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? And in which gospel would I find this?
Matthew 18:3-7
Mark

Portland, OR

#81699 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Only with a nuke? so my relatives that fought against soviet weapons and jets in Korea were lying about that?
Korea was in 55'
Mark

Portland, OR

#81700 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>So htey kept all of Eastern Europe occupied without an army?
you're really not dealing with reality, Mark.
By then we were sperad very thin, were strapped with rebuilding Europe, communism was growing and they knew we would have a hard time mustering an army to deal with Korea. The surprise to them was that the UN acted to create an Allied effort, and the Soviets were out to lunch when they took the vote, literally.

M
Mark

Portland, OR

#81701 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>apparantly this fictitious Russian friend of his isn't even Russian. they are running so fast towards western materialism they are blue shifting...
another bold out and out lie from Mark...
Got a note yeaterday from my friend who is a personal friend with the Yeltsin fam. Sorry I'm not the creative type, except for fish stories..and now thats not even working becasue everyone had cam phones, darn..
Mark

Portland, OR

#81702 Mar 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Only with a nuke? so my relatives that fought against soviet weapons and jets in Korea were lying about that?
On the other peice, check out "Ivans War" to find out how the Russians won WW2 for us.

M

St. Croix valley

#81703 Mar 19, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Korea was in 55'
yes, with all the soviet jets and arms...your statement was pure bullshit....as usual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 3 min Parden Pard 56,839
News Driver Clocked at 153MPH in Dodge Wagon 6 min Parden Pard 6
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 10 min Crazy Jae 79,124
News Tycoon Loses $15B in 30 Minutes 10 min Parden Pard 2
Weird Humor 11 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
News Naked man rescued after getting stuck on Florid... 13 min Parden Pard 1
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 15 min Parden Pard 8,613
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 24 min I Am No One_ 162,729
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr eleanorigby 40,627
motorcycle traveling stories 2 hr TALLYHO 8541 760