Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
77,021 - 77,040 of 114,621 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you talking about your pretty rock that is the equivalent of a tortilla with jesus' face on it?
The lord allowed me to have it and the way it happened was a miracle. I have done some research and the purple color was used in those days for royal robes. It is just awsome to me to look at the color of the robe as it was then.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's philosophic, not scientific. I asked for a mechanism, you know, tell me how the cell gets the information to change the animal from one species to another and the opposite sex tracks at the same time. Your response is a gross generality, you are oversimplifying here. Like text book pictures showing transition's to trusting and gullible 7th graders, claiming that's how it happens. Sorry, been there, done that.
It's proven two independent and unrelated genes must change @ exactly the same time for appendage parallelism to work,(see Denton), along with many more accommodating, simultaneous and corresponding other changes. This is mechanism, logic, reality. If your theory is so air tight explain the logic from the cell level. Crick couldnít, thatís a lot of data to come up with! It requires intelligence acting on matter. You are trying to convince me that an environment can make a fish into a lizard and opossum into a human, and all that code wrote itself?
This is like claiming a 737 changed into a 747 by flying fifty million years, or, Windows 3.0 changed to 7 by running 500 million years! This is a software/hardware question here, the analogy is the same. Did the simple ear bone of a reptile became a 7 bone mammal ear because of time, time must be the creator then right? Let me fall down and worship my wall clock!
Your claim of how evolution works is completely wrong. Until you learn the very basics there is no way that you can learn the meatier parts of evolution.

Forget your straw man illusion of how evolution works. You must have gotten that from where you get the rest of your failed "science", from a creatard website.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>I have, but some people seem to want to deny reality itself, now why is that?
I still have yet to see you provide any evidence. Where is it?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>The lord allowed me to have it and the way it happened was a miracle. I have done some research and the purple color was used in those days for royal robes. It is just awsome to me to look at the color of the robe as it was then.
no, it is just a rock. there have been no miracles.

i am glad you like your pretty rock, but it is just that.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, it is just a rock. there have been no miracles.
i am glad you like your pretty rock, but it is just that.
But you don't know all of the events that happened which caused me to get it for my cherry wood twist cane. The way it happened proved it was a miracle to me.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>But you don't know all of the events that happened which caused me to get it for my cherry wood twist cane. The way it happened proved it was a miracle to me.
You've blathered about it before. there have been no miracles ever.

you may like you pretty stone and may be glad you got it, but it is just a rock and it was just fortunate for yuou that you got it.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>But you don't know all of the events that happened which caused me to get it for my cherry wood twist cane. The way it happened proved it was a miracle to me.
Why wouldn't your god give everyone a miracle like that? are you special?
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claim of how evolution works is completely wrong. Until you learn the very basics there is no way that you can learn the meatier parts of evolution.
Forget your straw man illusion of how evolution works. You must have gotten that from where you get the rest of your failed "science", from a creatard website.
Cell operation and design is THE meat of the matter to explain the mechanism's of life. As long as the evo's have the only grandstand more millions will be brainwashed. A Russain scientist once correctly commented; "now I see, you American's are going where we are comming from!" A Godless, hopeless, amoral and uncreative society based on humanism and mind control. Jesus said it would be better to throw youself in the ocean with a rock aroound your neck then face God after teaching this evo garbage to children. I got this from opening my eyes and reading, before the web was around. I appreciate your civil and respectful response -

M

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Cell operation and design is THE meat of the matter to explain the mechanism's of life. As long as the evo's have the only grandstand more millions will be brainwashed. A Russain scientist once correctly commented; "now I see, you American's are going where we are comming from!" A Godless, hopeless, amoral and uncreative society based on humanism and mind control. Jesus said it would be better to throw youself in the ocean with a rock aroound your neck then face God after teaching this evo garbage to children. I got this from opening my eyes and reading, before the web was around. I appreciate your civil and respectful response -
M
No the russian wasn't even close to correct. the church is alive and well in russia these days. remember the Pussy Riot trial?

facts are fun!

here's another fact for you. the countries with the least religous people are the happiest and helathiest people with the best standards of living and the best educated kids.

religious cults hold countries back...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
M
Find that hubble picture yet? or the morals to admit you were lying?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
M
Once again, like a typical creatard moron, you did not read my post correctly.

Until you actually understand what the theory of evolution says, and not the false strawman that you posted, you can never learn the more difficult part of the subject.

It is like a person who does not understand that 2 + 2 = 4 demanding that they be taught Fourier transforms. It s not going to happen.
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Find that hubble picture yet? or the morals to admit you were lying?
I put a call into him and he hasn't got back yet, truth is coming..
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, like a typical creatard moron, you did not read my post correctly.
Until you actually understand what the theory of evolution says, and not the false strawman that you posted, you can never learn the more difficult part of the subject.
It is like a person who does not understand that 2 + 2 = 4 demanding that they be taught Fourier transforms. It s not going to happen.
Well, I am glad you of accused me of being 'like' one than actually one.. That makes me feel better.., your getting soft Subduction.

Evolution teaches chemical to human self-powered, mindless, thoughtless onward development, and Hitler believed he was the top of the chain. His belief took his country and millions with him to their end. Stalin also, treating everyone like animals they thought they came from. Bad form and hardly "happy and educated".

Thank God they eliminated each other but at what a horrible cost! I believe they are in heaven, the cost was great but the cost of having a superpower amoung them would have been greater. That's what the Russian was talking about. Yeltsin said "my grandchildren have crosses around their necks and I am happy for it." When the Ivans were going into battle against the Germans, many made crosses out of tin cans and burned their party cards. You see there is no hope in a clock.

M
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No the russian wasn't even close to correct. the church is alive and well in russia these days. remember the Pussy Riot trial?
facts are fun!
here's another fact for you. the countries with the least religous people are the happiest and helathiest people with the best standards of living and the best educated kids.
religious cults hold countries back...
The guy means his countrymen are turning back to God and away from Darwinism and materialism while we are heading for it.
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am glad you of accused me of being 'like' one than actually one.. That makes me feel better.., your getting soft Subduction.
Evolution teaches chemical to human self-powered, mindless, thoughtless onward development, and Hitler believed he was the top of the chain. His belief took his country and millions with him to their end. Stalin also, treating everyone like animals they thought they came from. Bad form and hardly "happy and educated".
Thank God they eliminated each other but at what a horrible cost! I believe they are in heaven, the cost was great but the cost of having a superpower amoung them would have been greater. That's what the Russian was talking about. Yeltsin said "my grandchildren have crosses around their necks and I am happy for it." When the Ivans were going into battle against the Germans, many made crosses out of tin cans and burned their party cards. You see there is no hope in a clock.
M
To clarify, I mean the innocents, not the leaders.

M

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
M
First off Hitler was a Christian that did not believe the theory of evolution. Lucky for you I am not an idiot and don't think that debunks Christianity.

Given that you might want to rewrite this piece of idiocy.

“There is no such thing”

Level 3

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
First off Hitler was a Christian that did not believe the theory of evolution. Lucky for you I am not an idiot and don't think that debunks Christianity.
Given that you might want to rewrite this piece of idiocy.
Hitler's religion means diddly squat.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler's religion means diddly squat.
Are you an idiot too who cannot see that is exactly what I was saying?

Hitler's beliefs mean diddly squat. So do those of Stalin.

Way to miss the point.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have I ever once demonstrated that I do not live in the real world? Please provide references.
Maybe if you would quit wearing womens' clothing people would take you seriously.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Colliding galaxies, exploding stars, black holes that swallow everything, predators who eat you alive, painful diseases, etc, etc, etc.
Some design, huh?
It's exquisitely terrible compared to the alternative of nothing having ever existed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••