Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,847)

Showing posts 76,921 - 76,940 of106,035
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Cybele wrote:
Okay. These evolutionists are clouding my point of view. Or should I say fogging up?
The truth is their theory is nothing but a puzzle in logic. To me, it's just another science experiment with a goal to understand the unexplained using the scientific method.
Okay it's time to dig more dirt.
It's not a logic puzzle, it's a reality puzzle. And in that puzzle about the history of life we find that life has evolved. It's the particulars of how life evolved is what biologists debate over (normal for any scientific theory), not whether or not evolution happened at all.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not expect you to see them as proof of the flood but even a blind fool
Can see that there is indeed evidence for the flood. Interpret evidence as you wish.
There's lots of evidence of flooding.

Nothing global though.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Maybe we should think outside of the box when considering our universe. Could the universe be a system
Still don't care Mikey.
d pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Easy. "Wipe out all infidels!" I think this happened in the Bible a few times.
<quoted text>
... or desire for eternal paradise. Fundies claim God is the source of morality and anything which contradicts that must therefore be "immoral". It's just a shame that we only have people to tell us what God likes and what it doesn't.
<quoted text>
If it's instinct then even non-believers are capable of morality. Belief in another's particular deity is not necessarily a requirement.
then why do other animals instinctively protect their young? Or eat them instinctivly? All I'm stating is that what people call morals are usually instinct. If it comes to survival, they could go out the window.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
like I said the Earth cover with water is a flood, no matter how you look at it...its just a matter of words...the earth was "flooded" with water...the earth was "covered" with water.
2 Peter 3:8
With the Lord a single day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a single day.
This verse isn't trying to imply some mathematical equation...it's only saying that a day to God is a very long time.It's an abstract concept.
And it's a false abstract concept. Nothing is a long time to one who exists in eternity.

But the fact remains that the science does not support Noah's flood.

Oh, and your linky did say there was still some land above water.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Topanga

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

I understand the abstract concept fully, but the wording in the Bible is clearly talking about a series of 24 hours days.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a logic puzzle, it's a reality puzzle. And in that puzzle about the history of life we find that life has evolved. It's the particulars of how life evolved is what biologists debate over (normal for any scientific theory), not whether or not evolution happened at all.
Yah and you evolutionists like to play these mind games. Good luck doing that amongst yourselves.
d pants

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, since the modern evolutionary synthesis makes no racist claims. Although that's not stopped some ignorant people from attempting to use it as justification for racism, just as some have used the Bible for the same. But what ignorant people say of science has no bearing on a theory's scientific validity.
what we don't know outweighs what we do. Fact is fact. Theories are not yet valid. Even in your scientific community, supposedly...

Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Esentepe, Turkey

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

I was a monkey.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's a false abstract concept. Nothing is a long time to one who exists in eternity.
But the fact remains that the science does not support Noah's flood.
Oh, and your linky did say there was still some land above water.
Your water pipe broke in your basement...the water is one foot from the ceiling (which is a lot more than 2 to 3 %) call the plumber and ask him if your basement is flooded or not.YDA
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You do certainly have a lot of anecdotes.
<quoted text>
Tell us how trilobites have more mass than mammoths? You're not really explaining this "gravitational sorting" very well.
<quoted text>
http://www.trilobites.info/origins.htm
Didn't you also say that the pre-Cambrian has "no fossils" because there was "no death"? Setting aside for the moment the pomegranate that Adam and Eve ate must have died.
Not sure how the whole no death thing fits in with the second law of thermodynamics either, but...
Sorting deposition is where if you have water born sediments in a current, the heavier minerals will tumble down first and form a layer, then next lighter and so on. Its a see to beleive phenon in a lab. I saw it at St Helens in post eruption road cuts and from pic's of the 1/40 scale grand canyon that was exposed later there when a soft material dam broke up high. When it lithifies, each layer is unique like repoured layers of concrete one on the other. Valley and canyon formation concepts previously taught as "one grain of sand at a time" erosion formations had to be rethoiught as the high-speed hot mud flows that came off the mtn created valleys in a few hours, not the creeks taking lots of time that came along as a result of the revines being made.

Fish and reptiles drown and sink whole, mammals bloat, float and fall apart. Thats why mammals made it to the top layers, they were flaoting around in the massive veg islands post the initial flood.

Ok so an error of saying no death, no massive death by water is what i ment. Your comments are appreciated,

M
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Still don't care Mikey.
Well at least you read more than just one word of my post this time. The simple fact that systems follow cycles to perform a specific function is my point. Happy Saint Patricks day!
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does. Except no-one's preventing you from scientific debate. In fact the scientific community has been waiting for you guys to do that for thousands of years. Creationists write apologetics instead, or the few times they try getting creationism through scientific peer-review it tends to get rejected as BS.
<quoted text>
With any element you could do that if it's put under enough pressure. That's why we see the creation of elements in stars. So why is water singled out? Because it's in the Bible of course. Not that you have any scientific mechanisms to support it though.
<quoted text>
What power to spin it?
<quoted text>
Oh, but ID doesn't have anything to do with religion, nope! Nosirree-bob! It's just them evil lying atheist Darwinists who say it is!
Right?
What exactly IS the "scientific theory" of ID?
I've been asking a fundie on another thread this for a whole week. In fact I've been asking fundies this for 8 years. The scientific community has been asking for 20. Or a few thousand, depending on how you look at it.
But even the guys who invented ID admitted they don't have a scientific theory.
<quoted text>
Can you please provide objective scientific evidence that this entity of yours even exists?
Dude,

Its the stupid humming bird, i'm a helicopter guy and they school me all the time. Never met a pilot who could outfly one nor an engineer who could build one better.

M
Mark

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo. God sees us all and that's all you know. Unfortunately you don't even know if it exists. If you did you would be able to demonstrate it in an objective manner via the scientific method.
Of course all this is irrelevant since evolution makes no theological claims. It would be quite happy if God was the one responsible for abiogenesis. All it needs is for life to be here. Life IS here. Life evolves. Facts. In order to demonstrate otherwise you need to demonstrate that life is in fact NOT here.
Good luck.
<quoted text>
Except your problem is the analogy itself. DNA is not a language. It is not a code. It is also a naturally occurring self-replicating biological organism, unlike anything in your analogies. Your other problem is that the theory of evolution does not rely on abiogenesis. Since DNA *is* actually here, it can, and does evolve.
The labs know there are no write heads in a cell, only read heads. There is also data compression stop bits, and a superimposed code picked up by a second ofset head in humans to compress the data so the string lenght can be shorter, but hold way more data. All this can hold about several GB, all smaller than you can see with the naked eye. Thats why Crick wanted his space ships. ID is all over it.

M

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says anything about a lie? What does mocking a God make you eh? Does that make you into another God? tell me...
it makes me honest about the myth of a god..

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"rocks are also dated by radiometric means"
Yes they date rocks that way, one rock was over a billion years older on one end then the other end.
Great way of dating things!!
Unless you believe that a rock can have that kind of age difference in a matter of inches.
I[ve seen people who can't use baic tape measures also.

When fundies try to use tools they don't comprehend, yes, the results will be ignorant shits like you...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your water pipe broke in your basement...the water is one foot from the ceiling (which is a lot more than 2 to 3 %) call the plumber and ask him if your basement is flooded or not.YDA
Still can[t admit you were lied to about noah's flood, huh?

that cult addiction is very hard to break....

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

d pants wrote:
<quoted text> then why do other animals instinctively protect their young? Or eat them instinctivly? All I'm stating is that what people call morals are usually instinct. If it comes to survival, they could go out the window.
Guess we know to steer well clear of you in an emergency situation...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

FREE SERVANT wrote:
Maybe we should think outside of the box when considering our universe. Could the universe be a system and if it is, what kind of a system is it? We can see various systems in nature and some of them appear symmetrical with left and right sides. All natural systems are grouped that coordinate to perform a specific function like our bodies for example where various organs make up an organ system and specific organs are present on the left side and right side of the body. The universe must of had a function, but how and why is still being pondered.
Your system theory is not outside the box, it is as old as the hills.(and not the fundie 6,000 yr old hills... the real hills.)

why don't yo try thinking outside the box?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
funny how you label people when you are filled with shame of your own disease. Go see a psychiatrist. There's medication for psychopaths.
what? you don't like being lied about? then i won't mention the gambling addiction that led to your prostitutionb arrest...

or you could just apologize...but i don't really think you have enough character to do that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,921 - 76,940 of106,035
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••