Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#81553 Mar 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No.
So which fish are you? lol

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#81554 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
How would you hypothesize evidence for intelligence for everything that exists when intelligence are exhibited in different ways that we now identify as different branches of science?
Of course there are ways to try to find evidence. Unfortunately for the IDists they have been wrong every time they made a solid claim in the past.

For example the concept of "irreducible complexity" used to be the battle cry of the IDiots. Unfortunately for them they always chose problems that were on the cutting edge of research.

One guess as to what happens in research.

And of course it is not up to me to provide the ID people with a testable hypothesis. It is up to them.

The first step in science is observation. Evidence does not become evidence until people observe it and think about it. They need to observe nature and to think of what they observe. When evidence is observed enough the testing is very often suggested by the evidence itself.

The problem with this is that if you are wrong you may not ever find any evidence that supports your belief.

Hmm, and which side has a noticeable lack of evidence?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#81555 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No I know you're just doing your job and I am a threat to you. lol
Please, don't go the Jimbo route.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#81556 Mar 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't we say God is the one that brought the universe into existence?
Not without evidence. If you think that something as complex as the universe needs a creator then doesn't the even more complex creator need a creator and so on up the line? If you cut off the line at your god why not cut it off at the point that we have evidence of. Cut off creation at the universe. For all we know as long as time has existed the universe has existed.

And even if we say there is a god that still has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution works just fine in a universe with a god. It works just fine in a universe without a god.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81557 Mar 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not without evidence. If you think that something as complex as the universe needs a creator then doesn't the even more complex creator need a creator and so on up the line? If you cut off the line at your god why not cut it off at the point that we have evidence of. Cut off creation at the universe. For all we know as long as time has existed the universe has existed.
And even if we say there is a god that still has nothing to do with evolution. Evolution works just fine in a universe with a god. It works just fine in a universe without a god.
Try new and improved ULTRA CREATOR!!!! call now and recieve our "Trilogy" special offer. three ULTRA CREATORS!!!! for the price of one!*

Call now, operators lways have been, and always will be, standing by.

*"trilogy" offer not available in Mecca or East Jerusalem. tax, title, dealer prep extra....

St. Croix valley

#81558 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
So which fish are you? lol
i'm still waiting for all this hard science stuff that supports ID that you claim? where is it? shouldn't you be working on that?

St. Croix valley

#81559 Mar 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Wouldn't we say God is the one that brought the universe into existence?
Why would we say that? there is no evidence of any god so why would any rational person even bring that myth into the conversation?

St. Croix valley

#81560 Mar 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, don't go the Jimbo route.
Too late.
Mark

Portland, OR

#81561 Mar 18, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I gave you 2 mechanisms for evolution, can you give us yours? If you cannot explain it from a cell/DNA standpoint, which MUST fit (see my earlier posts) then is your only option to belittle and sterotype? Does that make you scientific and me not? Sorry you can't make a living on that. Your talking to a guy with a few Hi-tech patents here that MUST WORK to benefit society.
M
Still waiting for your mechanism for evolution that you beleive is scientific.. That mean's it's testable and repeatable = sceintific, right? The silence is screaming!

M

Level 5

above and beyond

#81562 Mar 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess we live in two different worlds. lol

St. Croix valley

#81563 Mar 18, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for your mechanism for evolution that you beleive is scientific.. That mean's it's testable and repeatable = sceintific, right? The silence is screaming!
M
Are you arguing with yourself now Mark? where are those Hubble pics of the center of the universe you said you saw?

if you can't find them, can you just make up more entertaining bullshit?

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#81564 Mar 18, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm definitely into the female version.
Shame on me....
Somebody here once claimed that they serve no purpose.:-/

St. Croix valley

#81566 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, he lives in the rational world ruled by facts and logic and you just make up crap as you go in your little fantasy world.

pone is real.. one yours is delusional.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#81567 Mar 18, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
M
The mechanism for evolution are the driving forces of natural selection and variation affecting the alleles of a population.

There are many repeatable scientific observations of this occurring. From the fossil record to the laboratory. There have been countless repeatable tests done.

Can you be more specific in your demands for a test?

Odds are your demand will show that you do not understand the theory of evolution at all.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#81568 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly. I live in the real world. Many of your posts indicate otherwise for you.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#81569 Mar 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you agree the universe is a group of interacting elements forming a complex whole and they are a related group?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#81570 Mar 18, 2013
B_Girl_Turco wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah because I love to eat tropical fruits LoL and I like it when someone plays with my hair LoLoLoL just like monkeyssss :p
mmm archaeologists always find dinosaur fossils , isnt it . Dinos are more older than human race . Why they cant find any primat fossils ?
Dont say me they found. You know there is nothing like this.
???
I'm not quite sure I understand what you are saying. Are you saying that there have been no primate fossils found on earth.

Level 5

above and beyond

#81571 Mar 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly. I live in the real world. Many of your posts indicate otherwise for you.
wow. you're sounding like kittenkoder now. lol

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#81572 Mar 18, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to say, I know when I am getting close when evo's get off topic and start stereotyping, name calling, or both. I was in your camp till I was in my 20's and had the same feelings you have. Thought myself very sceintific, objective and way too intelligent to need a God.
I remember when my older friend from school crashed a floatplane and killed a fam with an infant, I said to myself "there is no god".'How could there be to allow such things to happen' I thought. Then one night flying in the Brooks I got myself in a real jam knew I was packing it in with passengers, Just like Rick did. I looked up and said, if there is a God, I need your help now! Am serious, a voice said to me "Son, you said the right thing"! and I popped out and got 15 gals of gas to boot (was oveer salt water by then). What can I say to that! So I went on a search so here I am. He see's us all, thats all I know.
Evo's should be able to use cell science to support their claims in the area of a biological mechanism for evolution to work. Instead now the researchers are either believers or closet beleivers. When a honest person faces the complexity of a cell and analogies to software, data compression, replication and a lauguage convention, that's the same in all living things, plant or animal one must take a breath. Crick, the co-discoverer of DNA gave up and dissmissed the issue to science fiction where evolution must have occure off planet and brought here by space ships. Now I feel better... Panasperma saved the day...
M
So you became deluded later in life. This is important ... why?

You cannot address anything scientific, any actual facts, so you resort to non-sequitors. Let me know when you have something that's actually, I don't know, factual maybe?

Level 5

above and beyond

#81573 Mar 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, he lives in the rational world ruled by facts and logic and you just make up crap as you go in your little fantasy world.
pone is real.. one yours is delusional.
and you have no fantasies? liar!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 min Sublime1 25,436
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 4 min Life after Love 112
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 7 min Chilli J 4,309
why is geno stalking 17 min Fashion Consultant 15
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 17 min Shushant 1,043
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 19 min Mega Monster 7,476
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 24 min X Crypsis X 4,099
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 25 min _Evil-_-Bill_ 69
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 41 min _hellbilly_ 152,344
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr dragoon70056 37,715