Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222920 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#81518 Mar 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What is this "hard science stuff" for ID? why is there no scientific theory of ID or even a scientific hypothesis?
science stuff...ahat a hoot!
To you there is no evidence for intelligence. What else is new? But I don't blame you. lol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81519 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
To you there is no evidence for intelligence. What else is new? But I don't blame you. lol
so your previous post was just more bullshit and lies from you? good to know that is all you have...

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#81520 Mar 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>some concerts cannot be be grasped by small, closed minds...
woodtick57 wrote:
or concepts, but i'd stand by my first post also...
This is true, to you think any of those small, closed minds will query it?

Level 5

above and beyond

#81521 Mar 18, 2013
Anyone knows why fish of different species evolve differently? Is this really evolution in action?

For example the Pacific leaping blenny has evolved into having complex social life out of water. Their way of finding a mate made them less dependent on water. Classic example of evolution.

But then I find another species, the electric fish mormyrids found in Africa that will only mate with those that produce the same electric signals and not with those that have different communication patterns. Researchers think that they are diverging into separate species. How so?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/06/...

St. Croix valley

#81522 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Anyone knows why fish of different species evolve differently? Is this really evolution in action?
For example the Pacific leaping blenny has evolved into having complex social life out of water. Their way of finding a mate made them less dependent on water. Classic example of evolution.
But then I find another species, the electric fish mormyrids found in Africa that will only mate with those that produce the same electric signals and not with those that have different communication patterns. Researchers think that they are diverging into separate species. How so?
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/06/...
Still couldn't find that ID "hard science stuff" you lied about? why not?
Mark

Salem, OR

#81523 Mar 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And there he goes, hoppity skip,
Blissfully down the garden path.
Sorry, child, your ignorance of science is not evidence of your deity.
Well, I gave you 2 mechanisms for evolution, can you give us yours? If you cannot explain it from a cell/DNA standpoint, which MUST fit (see my earlier posts) then is your only option to belittle and sterotype? Does that make you scientific and me not? Sorry you can't make a living on that. Your talking to a guy with a few Hi-tech patents here that MUST WORK to benefit society.

M

St. Croix valley

#81524 Mar 18, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I gave you 2 mechanisms for evolution, can you give us yours? If you cannot explain it from a cell/DNA standpoint, which MUST fit (see my earlier posts) then is your only option to belittle and sterotype? Does that make you scientific and me not? Sorry you can't make a living on that. Your talking to a guy with a few Hi-tech patents here that MUST WORK to benefit society.
M
Find those Hubble picture catalogue numbers yet?

sheesh, what a liar!

Level 5

above and beyond

#81525 Mar 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Still couldn't find that ID "hard science stuff" you lied about? why not?
Hey I was responding to Mark's comment about ID. I'm not advocating ID so don't ask me for a hypothesis or evidence, ask the creation scientists. I only believe that there is a pantheistic God. comprende?

Level 5

above and beyond

#81526 Mar 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why not?
I see you don't have an explanation either.

St. Croix valley

#81527 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I was responding to Mark's comment about ID. I'm not advocating ID so don't ask me for a hypothesis or evidence, ask the creation scientists. I only believe that there is a pantheistic God. comprende?
yet you said there was "hard science stuff" whatever the hell that is...for ID.

what is that harde science stuff? or just more BS from Cybele?

is anything you say not bullshit? why would anyone think it isn't?

Level 5

above and beyond

#81528 Mar 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you said there was "hard science stuff" whatever the hell that is...for ID.
what is that harde science stuff? or just more BS from Cybele?
is anything you say not bullshit? why would anyone think it isn't?
HARD SCIENCE - any of the natural or physical sciences, as chemistry, biology, physics, or astronomy, in which aspects of the universe are investigated by means of hypotheses and experiments.

All of those describe our natural world with empirical evidence. If you can't find intelligence in the description of this natural world, you are either in denial, or don't know what defines intelligence.

St. Croix valley

#81529 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
HARD SCIENCE - any of the natural or physical sciences, as chemistry, biology, physics, or astronomy, in which aspects of the universe are investigated by means of hypotheses and experiments.
All of those describe our natural world with empirical evidence. If you can't find intelligence in the description of this natural world, you are either in denial, or don't know what defines intelligence.
What is the particular hard science stuff that supports ID?

just saying the world shows intelligence isn't even close to an answer, unless you don't know what the hell you are talking about, which certainly you have proved to be true time and time again...

St. Croix valley

#81530 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you don't have an explanation either.
explanation for what? ami supposed to know what a two word quote was about from some unreferenced past?

you don't even know how to ask a proper question...

St. Croix valley

#81531 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
then why is there not even a hypothesis of ID?

Level 5

above and beyond

#81532 Mar 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>then why is there not even a hypothesis of ID?
No one has attempted to unify all the branches of hard science and atheists like you get in the way of progression.

Level 5

above and beyond

#81533 Mar 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>explanation for what? ami supposed to know what a two word quote was about from some unreferenced past?
you don't even know how to ask a proper question...
keep up with the conversation and learn to carry on. You responded to my post with that question.

St. Croix valley

#81534 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has attempted to unify all the branches of hard science and atheists like you get in the way of progression.
if no-one has attempted it, how could anyone have gotten in the way?

Are you really that stupid? you ae making a fool of yourself...

Level 5

above and beyond

#81536 Mar 18, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if no-one has attempted it, how could anyone have gotten in the way?
Are you really that stupid? you ae making a fool of yourself...
That's why there is no progress in the first place, because you atheists are a threat.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#81537 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong answer.

Unification of the sciences should not be necessary for a hypothesis of ID. And of course a hypothesis is the an early step in the formation of a theory.

But you probably do not know what either one is.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#81538 Mar 18, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why there is no progress in the first place, because you atheists are a threat.
Right.

I didn't do my homework and it is all Jimmy's fault!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's one thing you appreciate in your life? 5 min andet1987 544
* What makes me NERVOUS is...* (Oct '12) 14 min Suezanne 971
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 14 min andet1987 3,030
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 17 min andet1987 38,586
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min wichita-rick 224,399
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 24 min andet1987 26,909
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 25 min andet1987 6,231
News REVEALED: The number of people who would romp w... 1 hr Pope Closet Emeritus 16
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr poster 28,868
More from around the web