Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81407 Mar 17, 2013
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, gravity is a force, not a unit of measure.
Are you allowed outside without wearing a helmet?
And forces can be measured, yes? That's why astronomers use dark matter calculations to correctly predict the positions of astronomical phenomena. They had another idea called modified gravity. It didn't work. Dark matter does. Goddidit with magic doesn't do anything.

Maybe your god is dark matter? After all, that's all you fundies do - use your god as a placeholder for ignorance. That's exactly what Mark just did, which is why he was unable to provide a better alternative theory that does a better job of explaining the evidence.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81408 Mar 17, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You need a taste of your medicine. Do you prefer CODEine?
Really? I've lied about you openly?

did I say you were a pleasant, intelligent, respectable person? that would have been a true lie...

St. Croix valley

#81409 Mar 17, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw a pic from Hubble of it, It has a cross in the center of the star, a rugged cross. no joke
where did you come up with that he said that a Hubble picture showed the center of the Universe????...you really must be smoking some good stuff there...lol
Ummm..the quote where he said he saw a pic from hubble of it and it had a cross in it?

catch up!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81410 Mar 17, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
He is ranting on about his white supremacist worldview. Don't you have that in Europe? Didn't you Darwinian cult prove that?
No, since the modern evolutionary synthesis makes no racist claims. Although that's not stopped some ignorant people from attempting to use it as justification for racism, just as some have used the Bible for the same. But what ignorant people say of science has no bearing on a theory's scientific validity.

St. Croix valley

#81411 Mar 17, 2013
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, gravity is a force, not a unit of measure.
Are you allowed outside without wearing a helmet?
We use the amount of gravity felt at the Earth's surface at sea level as one G. so we actually do use gravity as a unit of measurement.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#81412 Mar 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Please no lying Langoliers. When you lie you make the baby Jebus cwy.
Lying
Noun
1) an act or instance of lying or resting

Why would he cry if I rest?

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#81413 Mar 17, 2013
Okay. These evolutionists are clouding my point of view. Or should I say fogging up?

The truth is their theory is nothing but a puzzle in logic. To me, it's just another science experiment with a goal to understand the unexplained using the scientific method.

Okay it's time to dig more dirt.

Location hidden

#81414 Mar 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Not Earth.
You sure?

Level 5

above and beyond

#81415 Mar 17, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Really? I've lied about you openly?
did I say you were a pleasant, intelligent, respectable person? that would have been a true lie...
Who says anything about a lie? What does mocking a God make you eh? Does that make you into another God? tell me...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81416 Mar 17, 2013
d-pants7 wrote:
<quoted text> double yawn. How does god command genocide?
Easy. "Wipe out all infidels!" I think this happened in the Bible a few times.
d-pants7 wrote:
So If I think its wrong to hurt a child it because of fear of eternal torment?
... or desire for eternal paradise. Fundies claim God is the source of morality and anything which contradicts that must therefore be "immoral". It's just a shame that we only have people to tell us what God likes and what it doesn't.
d-pants7 wrote:
The torment in my head would last the rest of my life if I didn't try to protect them. But like I said its instinct really not moral. Point your finger up your ;-)
If it's instinct then even non-believers are capable of morality. Belief in another's particular deity is not necessarily a requirement.

Location hidden

#81417 Mar 17, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No rocks are also dated by radiometric means.

there is an aquifer at the grand canyon that has water radio metrically dated to LONG before your fundie world was supposedly created.

your cult lied to you.
"rocks are also dated by radiometric means"

Yes they date rocks that way, one rock was over a billion years older on one end then the other end.

Great way of dating things!!
Unless you believe that a rock can have that kind of age difference in a matter of inches.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81418 Mar 17, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you say that it was scientists that made the correction when they miscalculated the age of h. rhodesiensis fossil? You have repeated this in many instances when corrections were pointed out here.
Make up your mind, are we talking about Homo rhodesiensis from 1MYA or trilobites from 520MYA? Either way, carbon dating is not relevant. Now, if we have Homo rhodesiensis found with trilobites then evolution will have a problem.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81419 Mar 17, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Ummm..the quote where he said he saw a pic from hubble of it and it had a cross in it?
catch up!
I'm sure I've seen an image of Derek Smalls in a grilled cheese sandwich.

Location hidden

#81420 Mar 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>What is rather hilarious is that the disciples may have jumped the gun if they were the ones that raided the tomb.

Jesus predicted that he would be dead and buried 3 days and 3 nights. At best he was dead and in the tomb half of that time 2 nights and one day. At best he died late Friday afternoon according to the Bible. He was dead late Friday afternoon and put in the tomb just before sundown Friday night. Then we have Friday night through Saturday morning,one night, all of Saturday day, one day, and then Saturday night through Sunday morning when he was gone either just before sunrise or just after it depending upon which gospel you read. So that is another night. Two nights one day, all of roughly 12 hour periods. That is half of the three days and three nights of Jesus own prediction.
Talk about dense!

Matthew 12:40 and discover the true story. Jesus said, "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth." Now turn to John 11:9 and read this rhetorical question by Jesus, "Are there not twelve hours of daylight?" By putting these two verses together we see Jesus establishes he would spend in the heart of the earth 36 hours (3x12) for day and 36 hours (3x12) for night. Therefore, we know the three days and three nights he spoke of in Matthew 12 would have to equal 72 hours. In John 19:31 we read, "Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be a special Sabbath…" Therefore, we see that the Sabbath in John 19:31 is not the regular Saturday Sabbath observed on
non-festival weeks, but rather a special Passover Sabbath, which commenced on Wednesday at sunset, rather than Friday at sunset. Not only did it start on Wednesday at sunset... but it continued on through three days until Saturday at sunset when the Passover celebration ended. This is why you read about the women returning to Jesus' tomb early on the first day of the week (Sunday). This is because the special 3 day Sabbath had ended and they were very eager to get back to the tomb to add more spices to his body. So now that we see Jesus was crucified on Wednesday, let's go to Luke 23: 44-46 to pinpoint the time he died. "It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour… Jesus called out with a loud voice, Father into your hands I commit
my spirit. When he had said this, he breathed his last." When it says the ninth hour, it means the ninth hour since the break of day. In other words, it was about three o'clock in the afternoon when Jesus died. Then after obtaining permission from Pilate,(which could have easily taken 1-2 hours)

Location hidden

#81422 Mar 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>What is rather hilarious is that the disciples may have jumped the gun if they were the ones that raided the tomb.

Jesus predicted that he would be dead and buried 3 days and 3 nights. At best he was dead and in the tomb half of that time 2 nights and one day. At best he died late Friday afternoon according to the Bible. He was dead late Friday afternoon and put in the tomb just before sundown Friday night. Then we have Friday night through Saturday morning,one night, all of Saturday day, one day, and then Saturday night through Sunday morning when he was gone either just before sunrise or just after it depending upon which gospel you read. So that is another night. Two nights one day, all of roughly 12 hour periods. That is half of the three days and three nights of Jesus own prediction.
Part 2

Jesus was taken down from the cross and hurriedly buried just before sundown, probably sometime around 6:00 p.m. Remember that Jewish Sabbath days begins at sundown on one day and end at sundown the next. In Leviticus 23:32, God stated, "From the evening… until the following evening you are to observe your Sabbath." So if you count 72 hours from late Wednesday afternoon at around 5-6:00 p.m., you will see that Jesus would have risen and left his tomb at around 5-6:00 p.m. on Saturday. Therefore, a Sunday resurrection is not what the Bible reveals to us at all. We do read in Luke 24: 1-3, "On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus." Clearly, those who arrived at the tomb early Sunday morning discovered an empty tomb, not Jesus rising from the dead in front of them. So to answer your question… "How did Jesus die on Friday and rise on Sunday and is said to have been dead for 3 days?" He didn't die on Friday… being the Son of God, his divine spirit departed his human body while on the cross Wednesday afternoon, his earthly body was then placed in a tomb near sunset that same day. His spirit returned to his body at sunset on Saturday to resurrect as a glorified earthly body. His body was soon discovered missing from the tomb early Sunday morning by his followers.
Which begs the question - where did his spirit go for those three days? Many bible verses are involved, but the summary is this... he went to Paradise (in the heart of the earth) and took all there to heaven. Paradise was a temporal place for believers of the "Coming Messiah" from the Garden of Eden to The Cross. The last person to enter Paradise was one of the criminals who hung on the cross next to Jesus. The reason believers of the "Coming Messiah" could not enter heaven upon their death, was due to the fact that Jesus had to die on the cross for the sins of all mankind - past, present and
future so they could obtain right standing with God through the substitutionary atonement of His death on the cross. Jesus rightfully so... went straight to Paradise to bring the Old Testament believers to heaven, as they now had right standing with God. In Paradise were famous believers like Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Daniel, Jeremiah, and many others too numerous to list. As well as the throngs of nameless believers of the Old Testament. Therefore, Jesus was quite busy those three days with moving multitudes of believers from Paradise to Heaven, and getting them settled into their new mansion homes in heaven. What a glorious time that must have been! Three days later, he returned to his human body on earth, rose from the dead, and remained on earth for an additional forty days. He performed many important tasks during this time, with the most important being to prepare the disciples for the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, ten days after his ascension, on the Day of Pentecost.

Location hidden

#81424 Mar 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>I really doubt the veracity of those items, and I particularly doubt the owner of the OOPARTS and the eyewitness gullibility.

Note also, that back in those times Joseph Smith was fooling people with 'Gold Scripture' pages and other assorted voodoo....and he got followers to believe him and establish Mormonism.
I did not expect you to see them as proof of the flood but even a blind fool
Can see that there is indeed evidence for the flood. Interpret evidence as you wish.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#81425 Mar 17, 2013
Maybe we should think outside of the box when considering our universe. Could the universe be a system and if it is, what kind of a system is it? We can see various systems in nature and some of them appear symmetrical with left and right sides. All natural systems are grouped that coordinate to perform a specific function like our bodies for example where various organs make up an organ system and specific organs are present on the left side and right side of the body. The universe must of had a function, but how and why is still being pondered.
Mark

United States

#81426 Mar 17, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw a pic from Hubble of it, It has a cross in the center of the star, a rugged cross. no joke
where did you come up with that he said that a Hubble picture showed the center of the Universe????...you really must be smoking some good stuff there...lol
Ok folks, I saw the PPT and know the guy, he's a prof. Give me a day and i will post the link, come on, ease up a little...my fingers are wearing out. It is a pretty cool pic that I know will not change any minds here but it's fun on this "God particle" week.

M

M

Level 5

above and beyond

#81427 Mar 17, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>this should be fun coming from the child molester...
funny how you label people when you are filled with shame of your own disease. Go see a psychiatrist. There's medication for psychopaths.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#81428 Mar 17, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So, 2.5 billion years ago the earth was covered in water...well that clearly does not back up the 'Flood' of 2300 BC
like I said the Earth cover with water is a flood, no matter how you look at it...its just a matter of words...the earth was "flooded" with water...the earth was "covered" with water.

2 Peter 3:8

With the Lord a single day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a single day.

This verse isn't trying to imply some mathematical equation...it's only saying that a day to God is a very long time.It's an abstract concept.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you trust on offbeat ? (Sep '12) 2 min Denny CranesPlace 216
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 3 min Truths 137,775
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 4 min Truths 1,284
95 Viewers Right Now 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 min Kathlene 21,359
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 7 min Truths 7,135
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 9 min Hoosier Hillbilly 29,545
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 9 min Denny CranesPlace 6,372
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Mister_ E 147,643
I Like..... (Mar '14) 6 hr SLY WEST 376
Woman Held in Jail for Weeks Over SpaghettiOs 9 hr NOM s Waffle House 9

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE