Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#81330 Mar 17, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the flood my boy, the Flood!
Science dated that coal at 500 million years old. 500 million old coal with man made items inside.
Good old science and it's dating.
Please no lying Langoliers. When you lie you make the baby Jebus cwy.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#81331 Mar 17, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Constellation are used as points of reference in astronomy...why do you avoid my question?
Where is the center of the Universe?
Not Earth.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#81332 Mar 17, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
...well I guess Wikipedia assumed that you would know the difference between an arbitrary concept, and one of actuality.
They might should make a special addition just for you.lol
Funny how you discredit a source that actually offers the references to everything it claims.
Mark

United States

#81333 Mar 17, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, i've been there with my geologist uncle. it ouched rocks that were tens of millions of years old or more.
your bible myths lied to you...
your fundie teachers lied to you.
Didn't have any "fundie" profs, sorry. Have you ever noticed why the evo's "say" rocks are dated via the geologic column and not from radiometric data? Thats because they would have to turn the canyon upside down for one model and rightside up for the other. Actually I publically debated that issue with a university dept. head, he blew up and later had to write me an apology as directed by the Uni president, also a geologist. Arts aurguement in the letter was "well, everyone believes it's this way". Fact is the fossil evidence simply points to a catastrophic watery disaster. Sure, ocean floor sea life was buried in first, worms, trilobites with their complex eyes then we see alot of nautilus there, discovered by Steve Austin, that has attracted alot of attn, further blowing up the the uniform theory. How do you trap millions of them in a sediment laden watery enviro, all about the same age and driven by current in the same direction in a "tranquil" ocean? Entire sections of the column are missing in the canyon which should be their holy grail model. How did a trilobite evolve to a nautilus in one layer? No one has lied to me, they have lied to us! Where are the transitions? Patterson at the British Museum admitted to me that no one he new has seen living transitionals in the field, which I confirmed to him in my 25 years running around Alaska. He told me, Mark, "bless you on your quest for truth". He once asked a large group if anyone knew one thing that was true of eveolution theory, it got very quiet and one subject responded, "well, I know that it shouldn't be taught in high school"!

M

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#81334 Mar 17, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't have any "fundie" profs, sorry. Have you ever noticed why the evo's "say" rocks are dated via the geologic column and not from radiometric data? Thats because they would have to turn the canyon upside down for one model and rightside up for the other. Actually I publically debated that issue with a university dept. head, he blew up and later had to write me an apology as directed by the Uni president, also a geologist. Arts aurguement in the letter was "well, everyone believes it's this way". Fact is the fossil evidence simply points to a catastrophic watery disaster. Sure, ocean floor sea life was buried in first, worms, trilobites with their complex eyes then we see alot of nautilus there, discovered by Steve Austin, that has attracted alot of attn, further blowing up the the uniform theory. How do you trap millions of them in a sediment laden watery enviro, all about the same age and driven by current in the same direction in a "tranquil" ocean? Entire sections of the column are missing in the canyon which should be their holy grail model. How did a trilobite evolve to a nautilus in one layer? No one has lied to me, they have lied to us! Where are the transitions? Patterson at the British Museum admitted to me that no one he new has seen living transitionals in the field, which I confirmed to him in my 25 years running around Alaska. He told me, Mark, "bless you on your quest for truth". He once asked a large group if anyone knew one thing that was true of eveolution theory, it got very quiet and one subject responded, "well, I know that it shouldn't be taught in high school"!
M
So ... you know nothing about geology, biology, or archeology ... yet you presume to debate them? No, you are either lying or too deluded to know reality at all.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#81335 Mar 17, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
M
No rocks are also dated by radiometric means.

there is an aquifer at the grand canyon that has water radio metrically dated to LONG before your fundie world was supposedly created.

your cult lied to you.

Minnesota's North Coast

#81336 Mar 17, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you discredit a source that actually offers the references to everything it claims.
Funnier how when given the clear facts to show whe was incorrect, she just couldn't accept it...

classic cult thinking.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#81337 Mar 17, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
here... I'll give you an example... the center of the milky way galaxy lies in the constellation of Sagittarius.
very simple...
Only if you assume the Universe to be two dimensional.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#81338 Mar 17, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
God was not interested in conveying precise scienctific information...but knowledge of the spirit.
Nature’s Cry

Has life come a million years before
but know that it will not
in another million years or so
Man had sweat that made Earth trodden
But a woman sheds tears twice as potent
For her tears shall make it happen
Much like nature’s cry for pain
The vast oceans and the cycle of rain
What have you learned from history, my friend?
Because of pain why Life comes back again.
FREE SERVANT

Bellevue, WA

#81339 Mar 17, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Nature&#8217;s Cry
Has life come a million years before
but know that it will not
in another million years or so
Man had sweat that made Earth trodden
But a woman sheds tears twice as potent
For her tears shall make it happen
Much like nature&#8217;s cry for pain
The vast oceans and the cycle of rain
What have you learned from history, my friend?
Because of pain why Life comes back again.
That was beautiful! Think of the terrible pain that Jesus suffered so that we could live again.

Minnesota's North Coast

#81340 Mar 17, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>That was beautiful! Think of the terrible pain that Jesus suffered so that we could live again.
no, he was just murdered. no-one has ever risen from the dead. your cult lied to you.
d-pants7

United States

#81341 Mar 17, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
...and next year, maybe a virus will mutate and kill off the entire human race before it can adapt to it.
The human race IS unique in that it is (to the best of our knowledge) the first species to occupy )a niche based on using intelligence and tool making as a means of survival. It's only natural that a great many new adaptations would evolve quickly and that is still work in progress.
A couple of posters brought up a sci-fi author that I think theorized well on the subject of future evolution, although they(it was two authors working together) In this case, they invented a species that was trapped by the physics of its own star system and a method of reproduction that forced its civilization into cyclical collapse and that process had been going on for a long time.
In this particular vision, the species had broken itself into sub-species castes who were content in their roles, and somewhat beyond questioning the moral complications of their dilemma.
I wonder if you are like such a species, content to be a worker or a soldier because it is what you have been bred to be. Or have your just chosen a morality that you find prosperity in, as most people here have only done.
real morals are instinctive and your other ones will quickly go out the window if it came down to survival.
d-pants7

United States

#81342 Mar 17, 2013
Yawn.

Minnesota's North Coast

#81343 Mar 17, 2013
d-pants7 wrote:
<quoted text> real morals are instinctive and your other ones will quickly go out the window if it came down to survival.
No, people with real morals stick to them regardless...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#81344 Mar 17, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, he was just murdered. no-one has ever risen from the dead. your cult lied to you.
What is rather hilarious is that the disciples may have jumped the gun if they were the ones that raided the tomb.

Jesus predicted that he would be dead and buried 3 days and 3 nights. At best he was dead and in the tomb half of that time 2 nights and one day. At best he died late Friday afternoon according to the Bible. He was dead late Friday afternoon and put in the tomb just before sundown Friday night. Then we have Friday night through Saturday morning,one night, all of Saturday day, one day, and then Saturday night through Sunday morning when he was gone either just before sunrise or just after it depending upon which gospel you read. So that is another night. Two nights one day, all of roughly 12 hour periods. That is half of the three days and three nights of Jesus own prediction.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Kalispell Montana

#81345 Mar 17, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Constellation are used as points of reference in astronomy...why do you avoid my question?
Where is the center of the Universe?
To find the center of our GALAXY look just off the spout of the 'Teapot' asterism then go a few bazillion miles in that direction.
:-)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81346 Mar 17, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and how they have been discovered still in soft tissue. On top of that they were able to dissect an eye and found it very complex, they (the trilobite) could even correct for underwater abbaration (shift defraction), what an accident!! Where are the transisional forms!
Of trilobites? There's HUNDREDS of different species.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81347 Mar 17, 2013
Mark wrote:
I would suppose you can call the scientists at the FERME lab and argue with them.
Appealing to authorities (without citation) who disagree with you is two logical fallacies in one and also dishonest.
Mark wrote:
I have had my hands on the rocks and fossils and feel perfectly secure. Besides both my college geo profs converted to ID and a catastrophic geo model rather than the model as taught in the text books.
Geological models accept catastrophic events as a natural part of history, that's not a problem. I can also give you a real geologist who converted from YECism due to the evidence:

http://www.noanswersingenesis.org.au/geologic...
Mark wrote:
It was alot of things but paleomagnetic data (earths magnetic field proven to have shifts multiple times in magma fields in hours), 10ft dia redwoods fossilized at the south pole and fruit trees found frozen in siberia helped. One had 25 years on his PHD working on delta sediments and with a challenge or two from me admitted there is less than 7K worth of these sediments in the worlds major river deltas.
The massive fossil beds with layers of creatures in no order, some over a mie thick, the fact that most all are in turbidites (high speed underwater mud flows,come out and look at the Utah Natl Dino monument) and jumbled with clams and fish pushed them over. The Lewis range in Montana has the textbook geologic columb turned upside down. The evos attempted to explain this 50 mile range away but finally gave up and just pulled it from the text books, "to complicated for undergrads to understand" they said, just like the world-wide "Great Uncomformity". The Grand canyon is the same, its give up and go home for uniformists and fair game for creation/flood model folks.
Except it isn't. Because you're calling it all "flood" rocks. Yet we DO see fossils in order. We DON'T see velociraptors in upper geological column. We DON'T see pre-Cambrian rabbits. We DO see flood rocks. And we see marine rock. And we see desert rock. And we see grass plains. And we see sedimentary rock. A lot of which is just in the grand canyon. NOT formed by a "global flood" which has zero mechanisms, zero evidence and has the unfortunate consequence of wiping out all life on Earth in numerous different ways, Noah included.

Unless you can provide me with scientific evidence that the Ark had a nuclear fusion propulsion system.
Mark wrote:
Sorry if these truths are upsetting to you but as we say "the rocks don't lie" and neither do i. M
No, the rocks don't lie. But creationists lie all the time. And even admit it on their own websites.

Bub, you are claiming that ALL fields of science are wrong because evidence points to GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC. If that's not dishonest then I don't know what is.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81348 Mar 17, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about CERN, my error.
Find any comments on the God Particle or dark matter?
M
Yes, your error.

Why should he have to find comments on *your* claims?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#81349 Mar 17, 2013
ThenNow WhatwillBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, prove it. Ready.... GO!
We're here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 3 min Jennifer Renee 8,904
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 4 min Cyan in CA 78,006
Are You a MEAN Person ? 5 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 33
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 6 min Sublime1 758
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 6 min Cyan in CA 18,158
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 9 min Cyan in CA 7,217
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 10 min Cyan in CA 55,811
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min Wolftracks 155,505
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 16 min -Lea- 28,815
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 38,558