Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,835)

Showing posts 76,681 - 76,700 of111,753
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i did. the creation story is wrong..known fact. no flood ever. known fact.

your cult lied to you...often.
http://www.grandcanyontreks.org/geology2.htm

"Inevitably, some of these visitors will turn to a park ranger and ask: "How did the Grand Canyon get formed? Why did this happen here and nowhere else?"

The honest answer is that nobody knows. One hundred and thirty-one years after John Wesley Powell first mapped the Colorado River by riding its 161 rapids in heavy wooden boats, no one can prove how the canyon was formed.

But it is not for lack of trying.

Geologists are puzzle freaks who love nothing more than collecting fragmentary clues -- clumps of gravel, fossilized shells and pollens, the dates that muddy sediments were deposited in dried-up lakes or whole mountain ranges were lifted -- and then trying desperately to figure out how the modern topography before their eyes was produced.

More.....

The modern Colorado appears to be a young river that flows out of the Rockies and hits a huge plateau, called the Kaibab Upwarp, which is 50 million to 70 million years old. Instead of being shunted away from this barrier, the river runs right through it. Moreover, when sediments from the river are examined closely, it is clear that the western end of the canyon -- where it flattens out and begins its final run to the Gulf of California -- is many millions of years younger than the eastern part of the river.

To many experts, this difference means that the Grand Canyon could have been cobbled together from ancient river basins that were created during different geologic eras. But if so, when and how were those ancient rivers formed and where did they go?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i did. the creation story is wrong..known fact. no flood ever. known fact.

your cult lied to you...often.
Ya no evidence of a flood. Ya right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>No, idiot. Geologists debunked Noah long before Darwin came around.

Work on that reading comprehension.
Do you have their names. Rather a big mistake they need to be called out on it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>did you attend the same math class as Cybele?
Did you attend any classes or you just skipped class?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>A very, very old person.
In a lab coat.
Maybe he just studies fad diets?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how could i respect prick like the god of the bible? he'd be in jail today. how can you respect a god that condones slavery and subjugating women and killing people who do not believe in him?

only a cult member would respect that god...looks like you were lying about that religion thing again....
"he'd be in jail today"

Again no clue!!! LMAO

You think for one second that man can judge God!

BahhhaaaHaaaahaaaa

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya no evidence of a flood. Ya right.
Yup. not one shred of evidence of a global flood. nada. zilch, cero.

we have world wide evidence of a 7 mile wide rock hitting Earth 65 MILLION years ago. not one ipta of evidence for a global flood in the past 500,000years.

it never happened.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you attend any classes or you just skipped class?
i can at least do basic math...

and got my degree.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
A fossilized human skull was found in coal that was sold in Germany (mid-1800s). A jawbone of a child was found in coal in Tuscany (1958). Two giant human molars were found in Montana (1926). A human leg was found by a West Virginia coal miner. It had changed into coal.�pp. 34-35.
A woman, in Illinois, reportedly found a gold chain in a chunk of coal which broke open (1891). A small steel cube was found in a block of coal in Austria (1885). An iron pot was found in coal in Oklahoma (1912). A woman found a child's spoon in coal (1937).�p. 35.
In 1944 Newton Anderson claimed to have found this bell inside a lump of coal that was mined near his house in West Virginia. When Newton dropped the lump it broke, revealing a bell encased inside.
What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal that is supposed to be hundreds of
millions of years old? According to Norm Scharbough's book Ammunition (which includes a compilation of many such "coal anecdotes") the bell was extensively analyzed at the University of Oklahoma and it was found to contain an unusual mixture of metals, different from any modern usage. Photo and text from Genesis Park.
Man-made objects in rock.
An iron nail was found in a Cretaceous block from the Mesozoic era (mid-1800s). A gold thread was found in stone in England (1844). An iron nail was found in quartz in California (1851). A silver vessel was found in solid rock in Massachusetts (1851).
The mold of a metal screw was found in a chunk of feldspar (1851). An intricately carved and inlaid metal bowl was found in solid rock (1852). An iron nail was found in rock in a Peruvian mine by Spanish conquistadores (1572).�pp. 35-36.
http://s8int.com/page8.html
WE know all about OOPARTS....whats the relevance?? No, wait, let me guess. It's proof that coal could can be made in your backyard instead of taking millions of years in the ground....therefore creationism is true.

Am I right??

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"he'd be in jail today"
Again no clue!!! LMAO
You think for one second that man can judge God!
BahhhaaaHaaaahaaaa
yes, i can, especially a prick of a myth like that.

it says a lot about your morals that you would respect a perveted prick like that god.

teh bible is one of the worst moral guides ever. must be why cult members are so mean...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>thanx for repeating what I said.

why do you have to google shit that every normal intelligence just knows?
Because you didn't know!
Lol

In fact you Tried to correct his spelling of CERN (note: all capital letters guess what that means)

CERN is by Geneva, where as Fermi is in Chicago.

Then you claimed CERN could not produce the Higgs Boson. How's those toes tasting? You can pull your foot out of your mouth now.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, It's hell being 169 years old..:-)
I hear ya, me and Noah are getting way up there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>And all this time I thought you had to be religious to be Christian.

Can I be atheist and be a Christian??:-)
No you can't

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.grandcanyontreks.org/geology2.htm
"Inevitably, some of these visitors will turn to a park ranger and ask: "How did the Grand Canyon get formed? Why did this happen here and nowhere else?"
The honest answer is that nobody knows. One hundred and thirty-one years after John Wesley Powell first mapped the Colorado River by riding its 161 rapids in heavy wooden boats, no one can prove how the canyon was formed.
But it is not for lack of trying.
Geologists are puzzle freaks who love nothing more than collecting fragmentary clues -- clumps of gravel, fossilized shells and pollens, the dates that muddy sediments were deposited in dried-up lakes or whole mountain ranges were lifted -- and then trying desperately to figure out how the modern topography before their eyes was produced.
More.....
The modern Colorado appears to be a young river that flows out of the Rockies and hits a huge plateau, called the Kaibab Upwarp, which is 50 million to 70 million years old. Instead of being shunted away from this barrier, the river runs right through it. Moreover, when sediments from the river are examined closely, it is clear that the western end of the canyon -- where it flattens out and begins its final run to the Gulf of California -- is many millions of years younger than the eastern part of the river.
To many experts, this difference means that the Grand Canyon could have been cobbled together from ancient river basins that were created during different geologic eras. But if so, when and how were those ancient rivers formed and where did they go?
we know for a fact the Grand canyon was not formed by a global flood. we know for a fact is was formed by a river starting before humans were on the planet.

sorry charlie, you were lied to again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you Noah?!?
Noah is over 4,000 years old.

You should try lighting those candles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, SZ knew what FERMI is, he was referring to marks continued mispelling of it and confusing it with CERN. must have been a really cheap college he went to...
CERN is real and is not Fermi.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
A fossilized human skull was found in coal that was sold in Germany (mid-1800s). A jawbone of a child was found in coal in Tuscany (1958). Two giant human molars were found in Montana (1926). A human leg was found by a West Virginia coal miner. It had changed into coal.�pp. 34-35.
A woman, in Illinois, reportedly found a gold chain in a chunk of coal which broke open (1891). A small steel cube was found in a block of coal in Austria (1885). An iron pot was found in coal in Oklahoma (1912). A woman found a child's spoon in coal (1937).�p. 35.
In 1944 Newton Anderson claimed to have found this bell inside a lump of coal that was mined near his house in West Virginia. When Newton dropped the lump it broke, revealing a bell encased inside.
What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal that is supposed to be hundreds of
millions of years old? According to Norm Scharbough's book Ammunition (which includes a compilation of many such "coal anecdotes") the bell was extensively analyzed at the University of Oklahoma and it was found to contain an unusual mixture of metals, different from any modern usage. Photo and text from Genesis Park.
Man-made objects in rock.
An iron nail was found in a Cretaceous block from the Mesozoic era (mid-1800s). A gold thread was found in stone in England (1844). An iron nail was found in quartz in California (1851). A silver vessel was found in solid rock in Massachusetts (1851).
The mold of a metal screw was found in a chunk of feldspar (1851). An intricately carved and inlaid metal bowl was found in solid rock (1852). An iron nail was found in rock in a Peruvian mine by Spanish conquistadores (1572).�pp. 35-36.
http://s8int.com/page8.html
Anecdotes are extremely poor evidence.

They reek of desperation.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole earth was covered with the Flood waters, and the world that then existed was destroyed by the very waters out of which the earth had originally emerged at God's command (Genesis 1:9; 2 Peter 3:5,6). But where did those waters go after the flood?
There are a number of Scripture passages that identify the flood waters with the present-day seas (Amos 9:6 and Job 38:8-11 note “waves”). If the waters are still here, why are the highest mountains not still covered with water, as they were in Noah's day? Psalm 104 suggests an answer. After the waters covered the mountains (verse 6), God rebuked them and they fled (verse 7); the mountains rose, the valleys sank down (verse 8) and God set a boundary so that they will never again cover the earth (verse 9)[1]. They are the same waters!
Isaiah gives this same statement that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth (Isaiah 54:9). Clearly, what the Bible is telling us is that God acted to alter the earth's topography. New continental landmasses bearing new mountain chains of folded rock strata were uplifted from below the globe-encircling waters that had eroded and leveled the pre-Flood topography, while large deep ocean basin were formed to receive and accommodate the Flood waters that then drained off the emerging continents.
That is why the oceans are so deep, and why there are folded mountain ranges. Indeed, if the entire earth's surface were leveled by smoothing out the topography of not only the land surface but also the rock surface on the ocean floor, the waters of the ocean would cover the earth's surface to a depth of 1.7 miles (2.7 kilometers). We need to remember that nearly 70 percent of the earth's surface is still covered by water. Quite clearly, then, the waters of Noah's Flood are in today's ocean basins.
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-flo...
And you understand all of this to have happened about 4500+- years ago??

You are truly living in a dream-world my friend.

Oh, we actually know when the mountains were formed and the folding happened. You are just repeating Christian apologia that has absolutely no scientific evidence behind it...in other words it was made up.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfft.

Pick one highly restricted definition, why don't you?

You know perfectly well that you're effectively lying.
Not at all, try learning English.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You may or may not be correct.

Which has sod-all to do with the post to which you seem to think you're responding.
Not to worry I'm correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 76,681 - 76,700 of111,753
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••