Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#81263 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole earth was covered with the Flood waters, and the world that then existed was destroyed by the very waters out of which the earth had originally emerged at God's command (Genesis 1:9; 2 Peter 3:5,6). But where did those waters go after the flood?
There are a number of Scripture passages that identify the flood waters with the present-day seas (Amos 9:6 and Job 38:8-11 note “waves”). If the waters are still here, why are the highest mountains not still covered with water, as they were in Noah's day? Psalm 104 suggests an answer. After the waters covered the mountains (verse 6), God rebuked them and they fled (verse 7); the mountains rose, the valleys sank down (verse 8) and God set a boundary so that they will never again cover the earth (verse 9)[1]. They are the same waters!
Isaiah gives this same statement that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth (Isaiah 54:9). Clearly, what the Bible is telling us is that God acted to alter the earth's topography. New continental landmasses bearing new mountain chains of folded rock strata were uplifted from below the globe-encircling waters that had eroded and leveled the pre-Flood topography, while large deep ocean basin were formed to receive and accommodate the Flood waters that then drained off the emerging continents.
That is why the oceans are so deep, and why there are folded mountain ranges. Indeed, if the entire earth's surface were leveled by smoothing out the topography of not only the land surface but also the rock surface on the ocean floor, the waters of the ocean would cover the earth's surface to a depth of 1.7 miles (2.7 kilometers). We need to remember that nearly 70 percent of the earth's surface is still covered by water. Quite clearly, then, the waters of Noah's Flood are in today's ocean basins.
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-flo...
And you understand all of this to have happened about 4500+- years ago??

You are truly living in a dream-world my friend.

Oh, we actually know when the mountains were formed and the folding happened. You are just repeating Christian apologia that has absolutely no scientific evidence behind it...in other words it was made up.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#81264 Mar 16, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfft.

Pick one highly restricted definition, why don't you?

You know perfectly well that you're effectively lying.
Not at all, try learning English.

Location hidden

#81265 Mar 16, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>You may or may not be correct.

Which has sod-all to do with the post to which you seem to think you're responding.
Not to worry I'm correct.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81266 Mar 16, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
WE know all about OOPARTS....whats the relevance?? No, wait, let me guess. It's proof that coal could can be made in your backyard instead of taking millions of years in the ground....therefore creationism is true.
Am I right??
Funny how all those "findings" were back when people believed in witches and such and had no real scientific understanding of what they were looking at...

Location hidden

#81267 Mar 16, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>The Noachian flood was being questioned by 'Christian' scientists in the 1600's.

Even then there was no scientific evidence for it.
But there is you just close your eyes to if. That's cool we don't need everyone in heaven.

Location hidden

#81268 Mar 16, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>Third cousin twice removed.:-)
You're related but a bit further down the chain.

Location hidden

#81269 Mar 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Langoliers, have you found a "FERME" lab.

I knew that the idiot meant Fermilab, it is the sort of mistake a creatard would make.

He was pretending he knew facts that he did not know and yet he could not even spell "Fermi" correctly.

That was not a typo, that was the error that a pretender would make.
Have you found CERN?

Location hidden

#81270 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot about the divine inspiration part of the bible, huh?

why is it you bible thumpers don't even know your own theology? i wswear i have personally taught you more about your own mythical god than anyone else on the planet.
I didn't for get. If you can't figure it out you didn't belong that's all.

St. Croix valley

#81271 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
CERN is real and is not Fermi.
Ummm...yeah...again, exactly what i stated. thanx for the repeat. you should have corrected Mark when he was mispelling and confusing the two..

Location hidden

#81272 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i can at least do basic math...

and got my degree.

That's all you've got.

I've been in CERN and Fermilab.

St. Croix valley

#81273 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you didn't know!
Lol
In fact you Tried to correct his spelling of CERN (note: all capital letters guess what that means)
CERN is by Geneva, where as Fermi is in Chicago.
Then you claimed CERN could not produce the Higgs Boson. How's those toes tasting? You can pull your foot out of your mouth now.
No...listen you ignorant little shit, i clearly stated that CERN, the LHC, is where they did find the higgs boson. i stated Fermi did not have the power to find the higgs boson. and it does not.

get your shit straight before you attempt to lie about people who make you look like a mental midget...

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#81274 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Yup. not one shred of evidence of a global flood. nada. zilch, cero.
we have world wide evidence of a 7 mile wide rock hitting Earth 65 MILLION years ago. not one ipta of evidence for a global flood in the past 500,000years.
it never happened.
Actually, its been at the very least, 20,000,000 years or longer since even a large percentage of the earth was covered in water.

There was an ice age back there somewhere, but I don't think that counts.

Speaking of ice ages....the last one ended about 8,000 BC and it has been calculated that as much as 200+ vertical feet of water was given back to the oceans as a result of this melting. I wonder what our ancient relatives thought about it.

St. Croix valley

#81275 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you've got.
they do need people to wipe the crap off the toilet seats also...

but from past experience, i would call bullshit,as you lie so often and poorly it is comical.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#81276 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
A fossilized human skull was found in coal that was sold in Germany (mid-1800s). A jawbone of a child was found in coal in Tuscany (1958). Two giant human molars were found in Montana (1926). A human leg was found by a West Virginia coal miner. It had changed into coal.�pp. 34-35.
A woman, in Illinois, reportedly found a gold chain in a chunk of coal which broke open (1891). A small steel cube was found in a block of coal in Austria (1885). An iron pot was found in coal in Oklahoma (1912). A woman found a child's spoon in coal (1937).�p. 35.
In 1944 Newton Anderson claimed to have found this bell inside a lump of coal that was mined near his house in West Virginia. When Newton dropped the lump it broke, revealing a bell encased inside.
What is a brass bell with an iron clapper doing in coal that is supposed to be hundreds of
millions of years old? According to Norm Scharbough's book Ammunition (which includes a compilation of many such "coal anecdotes") the bell was extensively analyzed at the University of Oklahoma and it was found to contain an unusual mixture of metals, different from any modern usage. Photo and text from Genesis Park.
Man-made objects in rock.
An iron nail was found in a Cretaceous block from the Mesozoic era (mid-1800s). A gold thread was found in stone in England (1844). An iron nail was found in quartz in California (1851). A silver vessel was found in solid rock in Massachusetts (1851).
The mold of a metal screw was found in a chunk of feldspar (1851). An intricately carved and inlaid metal bowl was found in solid rock (1852). An iron nail was found in rock in a Peruvian mine by Spanish conquistadores (1572).�pp. 35-36.
http://s8int.com/page8.html
I just went and looked some of that lot up.

The only available references seem to be from creationist or Art Bell-level sensationalist sources.

Oh, and Scharbough may not actually exist.

Get a grip, willya?
ThenNow WhatwillBe

Anonymous Proxy

#81277 Mar 16, 2013
I've been blown off by a bunch of self proclaimed intellects who mock God. lol
...Biblical? hmm

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#81278 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, try learning English.
ROFL.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#81279 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
No you can't
Well that sucks....

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#81280 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all you've got.
Suuure you have.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#81281 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
But there is you just close your eyes to if. That's cool we don't need everyone in heaven.
But we don't close our eyes...we have real experts who look at creationists confabulations occasionally and tell the truth about it.

Do you think we just make stuff up like you guys do??

No, no, no my friend...we have people, people who actually know science and practice it every day.

There is NO conspiracy here. Scientists are just a bunch of geeks who are prone to tell the truth about their findings.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#81282 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have their names. Rather a big mistake they need to be called out on it.
Nope, it is obvious even today that they were right.

There is no evidence for a World wide flood. No time in the past billion years has the whole surface of the Earth been covered with water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the St Patricks Day parade be open to th... 10 min Hoosier Hillbilly 14
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 37 min black shuck 152,869
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 40 min polomy 1,124
Is it possible to....... 1 hr wichita-rick 613
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr eleanorigby 37,787
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 2 hr SimplyLoveYou 333
What's your tip for the day? 2 hr SimplyLoveYou 1,853
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 3 hr -Lea- 26,019
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 9 hr TALLYHO 8541 28
More from around the web