Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216598 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81186 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Steens Mtn range in Oregon. Two world renowned paleomagnetic scentists took multiple samples across the scarp face on the east side. This is a beautiful area that I have visited for over 40 years. To summarize, they found transitional and full reversals within condordant flows that were locking in within cooling periods of hours. If the plates were moving around and being sunk with the new overburden of water in the flood, these reverals should have been a part of the catastrophy, and were predected to be found by a prominate paleo scientist. I should note that the Columbia flow (where these are locaged) is miles deep and runs for hundreds of miles to the east. Much was underwater. Not a small event. I know other geologists that have worked on seafloor and contact zone drill core research and actually view the reversal waves streading out from these zones as evidence of galloping seafloor plates duting a catastrophy.
M
What is a paleo scientist?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#81187 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Steens Mtn range in Oregon. Two world renowned paleomagnetic scentists took multiple samples across the scarp face on the east side. This is a beautiful area that I have visited for over 40 years. To summarize, they found transitional and full reversals within condordant flows that were locking in within cooling periods of hours. If the plates were moving around and being sunk with the new overburden of water in the flood, these reverals should have been a part of the catastrophy, and were predected to be found by a prominate paleo scientist. I should note that the Columbia flow (where these are locaged) is miles deep and runs for hundreds of miles to the east. Much was underwater. Not a small event. I know other geologists that have worked on seafloor and contact zone drill core research and actually view the reversal waves streading out from these zones as evidence of galloping seafloor plates duting a catastrophy.
M
Even the findings at the Steens mountain range are nowhere near your earlier claim of several changes per hour.

The quickest that was recorded there was a rate up to 6 degrees per day. That would be one pole flip per month:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reve...

Yes, the Columbia flow was largely underwater. So what? The whole area has also been uplifted. Besides that the event was many millions of years ago, long before there could have been a flood, if that is what you are getting at.

Please stop with the stories. You don't even tell them well. We have heard almost all of these lies before since we are well acquainted with creatard sites.

And you probably were referring to Fermilab earlier. It used to be THE collider site until CERN opened up.

St. Croix valley

#81188 Mar 16, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are there two versions of everything if it was all fact? You can't have two different versions of the same story, that's simply not possible, or someone is lying.
that and the blatent lies like about the ...wait for it, first use of the new word...Noachian flood.

tough to believe in a god that tells lies...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#81192 Mar 16, 2013
ThenNow WhatwillBe wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be tough. You need the living God.
So you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster too!!

rAmen!!

St. Croix valley

#81193 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>
That would be tough. You need the living God.
No, i studied enough mythology.

how is the living god different from the god of the bible?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#81194 Mar 16, 2013
Interesting stuff going on at CERN

"The big idea emerging from the meeting -- and it is projected that it will take 10 years to actualize -- is to create an Origin of Life center at CERN.

Gunter von Kiedrowski, the father of Systems Chemistry, during the wrap-up session spoke in terms of a 1.5 billion euros investment to establish such an institute, proposing further that the building be named for Stu Kauffman. Jesting about a Kauffman hologram adorning the front of the building."

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL1303/S00055/...
drink The hive

New York, NY

#81195 Mar 16, 2013
On The Other Hand - I Wouldn't Want 2 Smoke Anything Smuggled In From Mexico.

Who Knows What Condition' It Was Grown - Cured - And Stored In - Happy St.Patrick' Day...

St. Croix valley

#81196 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>
lol-You didn't say read back, you said you have proof. Do you have proof or are you just another lunatic liar?
I think your *proof* is what your cult has taught you... opinion and propaganda, the *fact* of whomever you deem as expert. You can not prove the unprovable.
i can prove the bible lied to you about the noachian flood. never happened.

the creation di not hppen as the bible said it did.

again, proof.

What more do you need? is there acertain number of times you can be lied to before you quit believing what those people say?

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#81197 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you spout the bible like a regular old cult member...how does that make you not religious?

i can show the god of the bible is a lie.
No you can't. There is no god of the bible. There is a God of the Bible. You can bring yourself to giving God the respect to spell his name properly so with out being able to do that you can't prove a thing.
Mark

United States

#81199 Mar 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the findings at the Steens mountain range are nowhere near your earlier claim of several changes per hour.
The quickest that was recorded there was a rate up to 6 degrees per day. That would be one pole flip per month:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reve...
Yes, the Columbia flow was largely underwater. So what? The whole area has also been uplifted. Besides that the event was many millions of years ago, long before there could have been a flood, if that is what you are getting at.
Please stop with the stories. You don't even tell them well. We have heard almost all of these lies before since we are well acquainted with creatard sites.
And you probably were referring to Fermilab earlier. It used to be THE collider site until CERN opened up.
Maybe it would be better for you to read the paper itself. I have a copy, It quoted "hours" not an hour. Their words, not mine.

M

Langoliers

Location hidden

#81201 Mar 16, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Whoops....sorry woodtick57 I inadvertently used your window reply instead of Mark's.

(me being humble):-)
That's what happens when you get that old.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#81202 Mar 16, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>I'm claiming a front-row seat for this...you go guy.
Here you go.

religious
noun
: a member of a religious order under monastic vows.

As I said I'm not religious I am a Christian.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#81204 Mar 16, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Life".

"Human life".

"Abiogenesis".

"Evolution".

They all sound the same to Fundies.
How would you know?
Satanic is not the same as Fundamentalist.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#81205 Mar 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, and the idea of a "Noahachian" flood was debunked more than 50 years before Darwin came out with his theory.
So darwin debunked Noah?
Mark

United States

#81207 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>What is a paleo scientist?
Woodtick,

Paleomagnatism envolves the study of the polar magnetic orientation of iron in a lave flow once it cools to a point where the iron particles are locked in their orientation to magnetic north, at the time the lava cooled below the Curry temp (sp). So I have taken these samples. You get the time of day, use a survey grade compass and drill out a core sample with a gas powered core drill and a portable water tank, lots of fun. You mark the oreintation of the sample and sent it to the lab. They tell you the relative magnetic north oreintation of the sample particles when they cooled. Pretty neat pointer. Of course I could be corrected on some of these points beacuse its been over 20 years since I did this but thats the basic idea.

M

St. Croix valley

#81208 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Ok, prove it. Ready.... GO!
i did. the creation story is wrong..known fact. no flood ever. known fact.

your cult lied to you...often.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#81209 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Hu-huh. Do you?
You said that you did.

Make up your mind!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#81210 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So darwin debunked Noah?
No, idiot. Geologists debunked Noah long before Darwin came around.

Work on that reading comprehension.

Langoliers

Location hidden

#81211 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No dear....the large Hadron collider at the CERN labs is.

FERMI spell it right, i even gave you the proper spelling earlier...is an older lab without enough power to create the higgs boson.
What????? Really?

Welcome to the Large Hadron Collider
Tunnelling to the beginning of time

The LHC (Large Hadron Collider) is an international project, in which the UK has a leading role. This site includes the latest news from the project, accessible explanations of how the LHC works, how it is funded, who works there and what benefits it brings us. You can access a wide range of resources for the public, journalists and teachers and students, there are also many links to other sources of information.

www.cern.ch/
European Laboratory for Particle Physics. Includes an introduction of the laboratory ...
Users' pages - Careers at CERN

Fermi National Accelerator
Laboratory(Fermilab), located just
outside Batavia,Illinois, near Chicago,
is a US Department of Energy national
laboratory specializing in high-energy
particle physics

St. Croix valley

#81212 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So darwin debunked Noah?
did you attend the same math class as Cybele?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 12 min Paris France 206,721
All Christmas Carols/Songs and Quotes.. 37 min Emerald 6
News Church fined $12,000 for helping homeless new 45 min Emerald 16
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 1 hr Poppyann 1,371
Poll I love you because.............. (Mar '09) 1 hr Enzo49 4,674
Let's play "follow the word" (Jun '08) 1 hr Poppyann 48,227
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 1 hr Poppyann 61,039
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 2 hr Poppyann 10,554
Poll Do You Have A Topix Crush? (2014 Version) (Oct '14) 2 hr Poppyann 103
Start a sentence in alphabetical order.. 5 hr Spotted Girl 1,547