Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218794 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#81143 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dude was asserting that "life on earth" was around for 3 bill.n not me
M
You really are an uneducated idiot and want everybody to know it.

For the first billion or two years all life on Earth was mostly unicellular. There were colonies of algae that formed stromatolites, but that is not really multicelluar life.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#81144 Mar 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I have clicked on some ads here but what's the point of knowing how much neanderthal genes you have? Did you find out yours? lol
No, you have to send your DNA sample (and money) in to them. I'm waiting till they get down to about 25-50 dollars for the test before I do it.

They also type your blood DNA and you can find out what line you descended from in Africa.

I sound like an advertisement for the company...I'll shut up now..:-)

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#81146 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Not human life....the mini stroke is getting worse...serious dude, get it checked!
You have a knack for putting words in people's mouth. Mark never said Humans he said Life. No wonder you can't get your facts straight.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#81147 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dude was asserting that "life on earth" was around for 3 bill.n not me
M
so again, who has these soft tissue parts from trilobytes as you stated?

Langoliers

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#81148 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>hardly. your god myth is a proven lie. many tmes over.

What would it matter to you? you stated last year you weren't a christian...(pffft!)
Untrue I stated I was not religious.
I am a Christians. Shake out the Cobb webs.

If you have proof that there is no God you would be rich beyond belief!
The first person in history to look out
Side of our universe.

Foolish atheist.

St. Croix valley

#81149 Mar 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a knack for putting words in people's mouth. Mark never said Humans he said Life. No wonder you can't get your facts straight.
it's what he meant, I'd bet... most life then didn't have bones, as he talked about...

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#81150 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! someone fed you a load of shit and you sucked it up like a hoover!
You do realize 99.99% of geologists do not agree with anything you stated? why do you think that is?
We have known for quite awhile that there have been pole-shifts in the earths history. This had nothing to do with the supposed Noachian flood.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#81151 Mar 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you also don't have evidence for that claim, now do you?
"Evidence".

Sheesh.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/14/tech/innovation...

St. Croix valley

#81152 Mar 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
So many errors in one post!
I have never heard of the FERME lab. Could you tell us where it is and what they do?
And please, you cannot find a real college where geology professors supposedly converted to creatardism. That is another obvious lie.
I can guarantee you that no "10 foot redwoods" have been found at the south pole. Perhaps on the coasts of Antarctica, but no one has dug down through the huge layer of ice at the South Pole to look at the fossils there.
Turbidites are relatively rare and they are not well known for their fossils.
Just about every claim in your post is another lie.
Please post links to support your stories. Otherwise I will merely point out that you are lying.
Claims presented without evidence can be denied without evidence.
In other words, without evidence you lose.
the lies this guy throws out are amzing in their stupidity...

St. Croix valley

#81153 Mar 16, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue I stated I was not religious.
I am a Christians. Shake out the Cobb webs.
If you have proof that there is no God you would be rich beyond belief!
The first person in history to look out
Side of our universe.
Foolish atheist.
yet you spout the bible like a regular old cult member...how does that make you not religious?

i can show the god of the bible is a lie.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#81154 Mar 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah and you don't have mathematical evidence.
Mathematical evidence for carbon dating?

You're quite confused.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#81155 Mar 16, 2013
Whoops....sorry woodtick57 I inadvertently used your window reply instead of Mark's.

(me being humble):-)

Level 5

above and beyond

#81156 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so again, who has these soft tissue parts from trilobytes as you stated?
John M. Clarke and James Hall. look them up.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#81157 Mar 16, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suppose you can call the scientists at the FERME lab and argue with them. I have had my hands on the rocks and fossils and feel perfectly secure. Besides both my college geo profs converted to ID and a catastrophic geo model rather than the model as taught in the text books. It was alot of things but paleomagnetic data (earths magnetic field proven to have shifts multiple times in magma fields in hours), 10ft dia redwoods fossilized at the south pole and fruit trees found frozen in siberia helped. One had 25 years on his PHD working on delta sediments and with a challenge or two from me admitted there is less than 7K worth of these sediments in the worlds major river deltas.
The massive fossil beds with layers of creatures in no order, some over a mie thick, the fact that most all are in turbidites (high speed underwater mud flows,come out and look at the Utah Natl Dino monument) and jumbled with clams and fish pushed them over. The Lewis range in Montana has the textbook geologic columb turned upside down. The evos attempted to explain this 50 mile range away but finally gave up and just pulled it from the text books, "to complicated for undergrads to understand" they said, just like the world-wide "Great Uncomformity". The Grand canyon is the same, its give up and go home for uniformists and fair game for creation/flood model folks. Sorry if these truths are upsetting to you but as we say "the rocks don't lie" and neither do i. M
We have known for quite awhile that there have been pole-shifts in the earths history. This had nothing to do with the supposed Noachian flood.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#81158 Mar 16, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Except his rate of pole shift was outrageously high. Of course creatards have to have that rapid shift since we can observe many different shifts recorded in the sea floor.
Their problem is that their shifts are too quick. The basalts involved would not have cooled as quickly as they need them to.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#81159 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you spout the bible like a regular old cult member...how does that make you not religious?
i can show the god of the bible is a lie.
I'm claiming a front-row seat for this...you go guy.

St. Croix valley

#81160 Mar 16, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
John M. Clarke and James Hall. look them up.
And where did they study these parts and disect that eye? where did they publish the findings?

Level 5

above and beyond

#81161 Mar 16, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"Evidence".
Sheesh.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/14/tech/innovation...
interesting article ;-)

St. Croix valley

#81162 Mar 16, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Whoops....sorry woodtick57 I inadvertently used your window reply instead of Mark's.
(me being humble):-)
no worries, i do it all the time..

Noachian flood...new word for me...thanx.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#81163 Mar 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Not human life....the mini stroke is getting worse...serious dude, get it checked!
"Life".

"Human life".

"Abiogenesis".

"Evolution".

They all sound the same to Fundies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min Sublime1 68,129
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) (Dec '14) 5 min Mr_FX 1,590
Post any FOUR words (Feb '16) 6 min Mr_FX 2,931
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 7 min Mr_FX 61,350
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 9 min Mr_FX 10,745
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) (Jul '15) 11 min Mr_FX 1,917
I Believe __________________ ....... (Feb '11) 22 min F_R_E_D 742
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 54 min visitor 209,849
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr andet1987 13,534
What Turns You Off? 2 hr Ferrerman 136